Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Team Shining Force II #18

Complete!

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Re: Team Shining Force II #18

Postby Simpelicity » Wed Jun 21 2017 12:48pm

Wait, how does one skip Frayja? Is he not obligatory to get to Moun?
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Simpelicity » Sat Jun 24 2017 3:23am

Ah... So we're keeping Chester unpromoted forever then? Because we're forbidden from making him a paladin and we're making someone else the pegasus.

That rule is weird. Initially I thought it was just gonna force us to choose the special promotion for characters we promote.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby zexxar » Sat Jun 24 2017 6:49am

Don't forget that we also have the rule "Only One of Each Class Tree" so it would be impossible to have Eric AND Chester in our group together no matter which promotion they get.

And I think we decided beforehand that Eric will become our pegasus (unless someone manages to kill him off before we get the wings :shifty: ). That combined with the "Only special Promotions) is the reason why Chester can't be promoted and will later be replaced.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Noma » Wed Jun 28 2017 9:58pm

Sorry, slipped my mind. Yes, I Noma'd. I can do it today if whoever originally had it hasn't done yet.
All-Stars Mod: WIP, Revived! Check it out!
All-Stars Mod: WIP, Revived! Check it out!
Noma

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Simpelicity » Thu Jul 06 2017 8:08pm

Well now. I suppose it's back to the original owner again? Who was it?
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby zexxar » Fri Jul 07 2017 8:51am

greyskies wrote:@ Noma: If you like, I'd give you my Hobgoblin battle and/or #19?

I guess this solves the question about the original owner ;)

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby greyskies » Fri Jul 07 2017 11:14am

Did someone say it was my turn?

Went back to Hassan, promoted a few guys and got new gear for everyone, ready for battle!
... the wilderness battle outside of Hassan triggered. Begrudgingly waited until it was Bowie's turn, egressed, once again got caught up in the battle. Reloaded the savestate because I wasn't sure if the game would now always trigger the battle, did the whole busywork again.

When I started battle #19 I was a bit worried that without Peter I would be lacking firepower against the Orcs, but after the Soulsowers went down in two or three hits I realized that this was going to be a cakewalk. At some point I started throwing out random heals with Sarah, and split up the party to get the Gargoyle in the upper left. She still finished with almost half of her MP left, so I wasted some XP there.
My overconfidence was punished toward the end of the battle, when one Orc took a very early turn and brought Sarah down to 5 HP thanks to a heavy attack, other than that no one dropped below 50% health.
Gerhalt was the MVP of the game, he countered almost every time he got hit and also did a second attack.

Afterwards I promoted Sarah and Kazin. We've got a fully promoted roster now, with the exception of Chester. By the way, what is to be done with him? Is he simply going to stick around for as long as he's useful / until he dies?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out Return to Grans - A Shining Force II hack which features a completely
reworked story, numerous visual improvements, and tons of balance changes.

Also available as storymode hack only.
Check out Return to Grans - A Shining Force II hack which features a completely
reworked story, numerous visual improvements, and tons of balance changes.

Also available as storymode hack only.
greyskies

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Simpelicity » Wed Jul 19 2017 1:20pm

This thing is falling asleep.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Drakonis » Wed Jul 19 2017 8:15pm

Derp. Didn't check this thread for a few days. Will take care of this tonight.
Drakonis

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Drakonis » Wed Jul 19 2017 8:54pm

Phew. Good ol' Harpy Pond.
Things started out horribly with Slade getting clawed in the face and feeling faint from poison.
Luckily, I was able to hold off the first onslought without anyone dying, even if there where a few close calls.
Chester actually keeps holding his own for now. He also wins a medal for surviving an attack with 1 HP in the latter half of the battle and holding on to it until the end, where I was able to give him a savety Heal 1 with Sarah's last MP. I opted to kill the Arrow Launcher with her the turn before because it would otherwise have shot at the poor Knight.

Also shoutouts to Kazin for being the Harpy killing machine with Dao.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Drakonis

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Antman 537 » Fri Jul 21 2017 5:26pm

Guess it's mine then. I'll be out of town over the weekend, but I may have time to do it still.
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Simpelicity » Fri Jul 21 2017 6:15pm

So Noma probably has 2 more days, hah.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force II