Shining Force II: Team Shining Force II #18

Complete!

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

greyskies
Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Team Shining Force II #18

Post by greyskies »

Drakonis wrote:I'll take care of this on the weekend, probably tomorrow.
Just a reminder: I think I didn't lift the curse on Eric, so he'll still be carrying the Evil Lance. You'll probably want that changed before diving into the next battle.
Check out Return to Grans - A Shining Force II hack which features a completely
reworked story, numerous visual improvements, and tons of balance changes.

Also available as storymode hack only.
Drakonis
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Drakonis »

greyskies wrote:
Drakonis wrote:I'll take care of this on the weekend, probably tomorrow.
Just a reminder: I think I didn't lift the curse on Eric, so he'll still be carrying the Evil Lance. You'll probably want that changed before diving into the next battle.
Luckily Creed shows up, so I had a convenient way to do so. Thanks for the heads-up.

Managed to get everyone through! But it was a bit of a crawl. Shout outs to the White Ring only cracking after the third use and Sarah using every last MP and surviving the final round with 1 HP.

My suggestions for Galam and Zeon:
Bowie is your most valuable tank. Use and abuse him. He took less than 20 from Hydras and Chaos Warriors, though he's probably gonna take a bit more from the last batch of upgraded enemies. Still, this could be very valuable to conserve Sarah's scarce MP.
Use Eric's and Luke's mobility to lure ut fliers and AoE enemies, then heal back up.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF VOLCANON GO REPAIR THE WHITE AND EVIL RINGS BEFORE YOU START.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antman 537
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Antman 537 »

MXC wrote: Rules:

...No Item Repairing
Drakonis
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Drakonis »

Well then.

Guess you're f*cked :p

Who's idea was it again to run a no revive run where we have only one character with a heal period? :D
Jonesy_Pants

Post by Jonesy_Pants »

would love to get invovled with this but have been waiting for nearly 3 weeks for my first post to be approved.
zexxar
Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Post by zexxar »

I'll try to get this done as soon as possible. Let's see how much fun this battle will be.

Edit: The Battle is done and I managed it without losses in the second try the first became a bit f*cked up after muddle hit almost everyone and after Sarah went down I knew it was game over :(

Second try went pretty well I cleared the right side first always Bowie on the front taking up the damage and I only tried to use Heal 1 to heal him to conserve some MP. I went back and lured the enemies from the left side and was lucky that the Demon Master choose to hit Bowie instead of using Freeze 4 and so I continues to wipe out enemies after they hit Bowie :)

I still had some good MP left with Sarah after only Galam and his bodyguard were alive but then the Demon Master rushed forwar and hit Bowie with a Freeze 4, he was left with 16 HP which made me waste 20 MP to prevent him from dying. After the Demonmaster went down Galam rushed forward but luckily he always smacked the isolated Bowie and didn't use Demon Breath which made it a lot easier because the rest could clear out the remaining enemies befor focusing on Galam how went down pretty smoothly also thanks to Eric critting him with the Demon Lance equipped ;)

Have fun with the remaining battles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!
samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
Simpelicity
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Simpelicity »

So, is it Antman for Zeon?
Simpelicity
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Simpelicity »

your thread description doesn't seem aware of that fact.
MXC
Shining Legend

Post by MXC »

Yeah, I'm not too worried about missing that update from my mobile while I was out of the country :lol:

Anyone have ideas for #19? I'm not sure when I'll do it (if everyone wants, I could roll right into it), but it'll be nice to have some suggestions.
Antman 537
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Antman 537 »

Solo run?
Only mastermonks?
also, sorry for the downtime; had an anime convention this weekend. I'll plan to do this monday
zexxar
Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Post by zexxar »

Did we ever do an Unarmed & Magicians run before ?

So we only use characters that are either unable to equip a weapoon or characters that can cast spells.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!
samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
MXC
Shining Legend

Post by MXC »

I just went back and looked through all the team games from this version of the forums, which is from Team #5 (in 2005) to now. I started fully running the team games at #7. I didn't realize how often we do Roulette and Marathon hacks :lol: The full list is below:

Normal
Normal
Random Rules
Bare Handed Brawlers
Paper Wall
Roulette
Marathon
Roulette
Marathon (participating players picked the Force members)
Roulette
nightshade's hack
Roulette
Marathon (one character from each class type)
Random Rules
zexxar
Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Post by zexxar »

That is a lot of roulette and marathon :shock: but Bare Handed Brawlers was definitely one of best :lol:
Drakonis
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Drakonis »

Well, the Roullette does have the advantage of being randomized a bit.
And Marathon basicly just let's us skip right to the battle sequences. As much as I love the overworld segments, for repeated team games such as this the Marathon hack was a blessing.

IIRC Paper Wall was pretty fun. Some high risk/reward involved in there.
MXC
Shining Legend

Post by MXC »

We can find something new as well. It’s a shame Noma never finished his All Star hack since that might be fun.
Antman 537
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Antman 537 »

To battle! The general strategy is to ignore most of the enemies and rush Zeon.

Round 1: Killed one of the zeon guards, he didn't seem to do anything. Died. Read Moogie's guide. Apparently they're supposed to use healing rain on Zeon?

Round 2: Egressed and removed everyone's curses. Realized I had to walk all the way back from Sheela's pool. :( I tried dealing with everyone else first, but this went poorly from the gate. TLDR: Everyone died. Turns out Arch demons can drain your defense!

Round 3! Things were looking pretty good!! Buut then I messed up and ended Sarah's turn without of healing. So a Demon Master freeze 3'd her to death. Also learned that that blue shaman has blast.

Round 4! By this point I had the first few rounds pretty well down to clockwork. I made it up to Zeon without any deaths, but with no healing left. Needless to say, Zeon ground us up pretty badly.

Round 5! Was a wipe.

That's enough for tonight. We'll continue the adventures tomorrow. :thumbsup:
MXC
Shining Legend

Post by MXC »

Sounds like you're in a pickle! Let me know if it gets too tough and maybe we can swap the last battles :)
Antman 537
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Antman 537 »

I may have to; the trouble is I can't figure out a way to reach all these ranged spellcasters without tanking spells, and I just don't have the heals for that.

Case in point, round 6! I just couldn't get lucky enough, and had to spend all Sarah's mana before I was even halfway through the fight. :damnit: