Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

completed a bowie solo run

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

completed a bowie solo run

Postby abig84 » Sat Feb 11 2017 6:12am

Only thing I used was the game genie code of leveling up everytime you used a herb so I only had to do 2hrs of grinidng to max hime out at 40 then 99 instead of days doing it legit. Was very easy and smooth saling til geshup he got me with freeze 4 twice in a row, that was my first death.

The king golem fight was insane, took about 15 tries due to all the magic casters that surrounded him. Finally got lucky and had minimal spells casted on me, even running close to them still couldn't prevent them from casting level 4 spells on you.

Saved all my good healing items for zeon but he was insanely easy. All he did was double attack for 1hp each time. Wonder if that's written into the game code for some reason thinking all my friends are dead so he takes it easy? Or maybe just coincidence
abig84

Re: completed a bowie solo run

Postby ZethaPonderer » Sun Feb 12 2017 6:45pm

Noice. You got a little too lucky with the Zeon boss fight XD. Did you make sure you have the Shield and White Ring just for more defense with the chance of casting Boost 1 from the Shield Ring. My memory may be foggy or I'm just working on my SF2 hack, but can you cast Attack with the Power Ring on yourself?
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Lord Kane » Sun Feb 12 2017 8:07pm

ZethaPonderer wrote: My memory may be foggy or I'm just working on my SF2 hack, but can you cast Attack with the Power Ring on yourself?

No, that's no option in SF II.
Lord Kane

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby abig84 » Sun Feb 12 2017 8:54pm

i kinda shuffled though this play through pretty quick, the funny thing is didnt find either the power ring or the white ring or any kinda ring this play though. i thought about it when i got close to the fight but didnt bother to google where to find it. strange as i normally get it during a normal play though

i think one is in creeds mansion on the table right?

also i figured zeon was going to destroy me so i went into it with 2 healing waters and the healing rain. i even got lucky enough to get to him with all of it as i only got hit with flame breath and freeze 4 on the way to him
abig84

Return to Shining Force II