Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Nightshade's Hex Finds

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Nightshade's Hex Finds

Postby nightshade00123 » Tue Jun 21 2011 7:33pm

Contents by Stordarth:

First off thanks goes to BNC for the vast majority of locations that were exposed in his notes! So thanks for that BNC.

Stat Caps [This post]
Infinite Brave Apples
Life Ring/Mystery Staff Regen
Changing Enemy Spell Damage
Enemy Map Sprites
Switching Voices/Portraits
Prism Flower/Burst Rock Damage
Assigning new battle backgrounds
Weapon Sprite Guide
Enemy Item Drop Guide
Spell Critical Rates

0x8755 HP stat cap
0x8785 MP stat cap
0x87B5 + 0x87CB Attack cap
0x87E1 + 0x87F1 + 0x88F5 + 0x890B Defense Cap

All locations will have C8 in them change this to FF to cap stats at 255 instead of 200!

Use these at your own risk as I have not tested them fully!

"EDIT"

Okay I just found Agility as well.

0X880B Agility stat cap.

This location originally has 64 in it I'm not sure how far you can raise it with out spoofing turn order and what not but putting C8 in this spot let's you go to 200 and I haven't noticed any thing wrong with it. Like you need that much agility anyways.

But also keep in mind that once you hit 127 agility on your next level up if you get 1 agility point or more this makes it greater than/equal to 128 which enables double turns like the bosses get. Also at 128 agility your new agility turn order score will be 1 agility and increase from there.

For instance let's say you have 150 agility, 128 agility enables double turns and also subtracts 128 from your total agility now, this means you get 2 turns per round and your turn order agility will be 150-128=22.

Just be careful using stat items once at 200 agility I've seen a roll over to lower numbers happen. And keep in mind the effects of boost as well, the increases from this could put you over 127, in case you didn't want that, and give you double turns but your agility turn order would be extremely low compared to before.

"EDIT"

Okay small problem I noticed with items concerning agility. If your agility was under 127 and let's say you had a ring that gave + 5 agility your agility would be capped at 127, not allowing double turns. But if you used stat boosters/leveled up it would pass 127 thus allowing the item's effect to happen.

Alternatively I also found the item equipment agility cap.

0x881F Agility Equipment cap

Put whatever you used for your max agility stat cap here. This will allow equipped items to pass the 127 agility cap mark!

Still testing and will write more later.

"EDIT" I would recommend not changing the Agility equipment cap as this is also the cap for boost. If this goes above 127 whenever you use boost on a character that has around 200+ agility it will wrap around for a lower number! It seems agility is divided into 2 parts. It also has 3 caps! One part for the players at address 0X880B which normally stops at 100. And the other part at 0x8937 which stops at 200, this is for players/enemies that have double turns. And finally the boost/item caps at 0x881F which is 127.

In short agility is very complicated and I wouldn't mess with anything other than the player cap and the double turns cap. LEAVE THE ITEM/BOOST CAP ALONE. I think I'll leave this alone for a while now as messing with the agility has left me quit burnt out on stats...............yuck. Time to find some other stuff, hopefully the HP/MP regen effects on weapons/items but that might be too difficult.

---

I just tested with an item that gave my character 180 attack and 180 defense. My character had about 30 in each and it went over the 200 mark, breaking the old cap, giving me about 210 attack and 215 defense. I then raised it to 240 attack and 240 defense and my characters atk/def capped at 255 when I equipped the item, no rollover. I have used the attack spell as well with no rollover and passing the 200 mark.

It's just that agility has 3 caps that are used weird. Like I said 1 of them is for agility scores for your characters. The other is for the agility scores of those that have double attacks. And finally the last cap is for items/boost to not let the players agility roll over into the double turns agility area and to keep enemies agility scores from rolling over period, which is funny because no enemy will ever use boost anyways. The problem comes from the item/boost cap as this is also the divider between normal character agility scores and boss scores. Pushing to far up/down throws it out of wack.

The whole reason I was looking into agility was I was going to make an item that gave my team double attacks. I was going to give said item 128 agility which would make their regular turn order agility stay the same, it would only give an extra turn without raising actual turn order agility. But I soon found out that if I broke the boost/item cap and my agility got too high a boost would roll it over, reverting me back to a single turn and lower agility, and that just plain sucked!

Attack and Defense are okay and you can raise agility a wee bit above 100 for your characters, I wouldn't go higher than about 10 or 15 depending on your items that give agility in your mod and leave the boost/item agility cap at 127.
Last edited by nightshade00123 on Fri Feb 03 2012 5:59pm, edited 13 times in total.
nightshade00123

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Par Codes for Infinity Brave Apples.

Postby nightshade00123 » Wed Jun 22 2011 3:41am

Bowie Golden Apple FFE821:0F0F
Sarah Golden Apple FFE859:0F0F
Chester Golden Apple FFE891:0F0F
Jaha Golden Apple FFE8C9:0F0F
Kazin Golden Apple FFE901:0F0F
Slade Golden Apple FFE939:0F0F
Kiwi Golden Apple FFE971:0F0F
Peter Golden Apple FFE9A9:0F0F
May Golden Apple FFE9E1:0F0F
Gerhalt Golden Apple FFEA19:0F0F
Luke Golden Apple FFEA51:0F0F
Rhode Golden Apple FFEA89:0F0F
Rick Golden Apple FFEAC1:0F0F
Elric Golden Apple FFEAF9:0F0F
Eric Golden Apple FFEB31:0F0F
Karna Golden Apple FFEB69:0F0F
Randolf Golden Apple FFEBA1:0F0F
Tyrin Golden Apple FFEBD9:0F0F
Janet Golden Apple FFEC11:0F0F
Higins Golden Apple FFEC49:0F0F
Skreech Golden Apple FFEC81:0F0F
Taya Golden Apple FFECB9:0F0F
Frayja Golden Apple FFECF1:0F0F
Jaro Golden Apple FFED29:0F0F
Gyan Golden Apple FFED61:0F0F
Sheela Golden Apple FFED99:0F0F
Zynk Golden Apple FFEDD1:0F0F
Chaz Golden Apple FFEE09:0F0F
Lemon Golden Apple FFEE41:0F0F
Claude Golden Apple FFEE79:0F0F

Sorry I made another thread about basically the same thing I asked earlier I just figured I'd make a new one with a different title so others if they where looking would find this and not ask. These codes make it super easy to test levels,growth, and whatever else you might need to gain levels for quickly.

These par codes will put 1 brave apple in the corresponding characters top inventory spot. This apple can be used over and over and will never disappear.

Thanks goes to Eric Lagasse for the character codes I just altered the item type.

I'm using 12 man marathon just so you know in case in an unmodified SF2 these don't work! Either way if the item is different all you have to do is alter the last 2 digits, 0F, to another number and you'll find it.
nightshade00123

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: Par Codes for Infinity Brave Apples.

Postby Noma » Wed Jun 22 2011 10:11am

This is extremely useful. Good job. :thumbsup:
All-Stars Mod: WIP, Revived! Check it out!
All-Stars Mod: WIP, Revived! Check it out!
Noma

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Switching Life Rings Regeneration Effect to another Item

Postby nightshade00123 » Fri Jun 24 2011 12:05am

First off offset 0x24433 is the amount of HP the life ring heals per round.

Second to change this effect to another item, sorry still trying to find a way to apply this to multiple items, go to offset 0x24427 , currently it has 7c there for the life ring, and use these hex numbers to swith the effect to that item.

0, Medical Herb
1, Healing Seed
2, Healing Drop
3, Antidote
4, Angel Wing
5, Fairy Powder
6, Healing Water
7, Fairy Tear
8, Healing Rain
9, Power Water
A, Protect Milk
B, Quick Chicken
C, Running Pimento
D, Cheerful Bread
E, Bright Honey
F, Brave Apple
10, Shining Ball
11, Blizzard
12, Holy Thunder
13, Power Ring
14, Protect Ring
15, Quick Ring
16, Running Ring
17, White Ring
18, Black Ring
19, Evil Ring
1A, Leather Glove
1B, Power Glove
1C, Brass Knuckles
1D, Iron Knuckles
1E, Misty Knuckles
1F, Giant Knuckles
20, Evil Knuckles
21, Short Axe
22, Hand Axe
23, Middle Axe
24, Power Axe
25, Battle Axe
26, Large Axe
27, Great Axe
28, Heat Axe
29, Atlas Axe
2A, Ground Axe
2B, Rune Axe
2C, Evil Axe
2D, Wooden Arrow
2E, Iron Arrow
2F, Steel Arrow
30, Robin Arrow
31, Assault Shell
32, Great Shot
33, Nazca Cannon
34, Buster Shot
35, Hyper Cannon
36, Grand Cannon
37, Evil Shot
38, Wooden Stick
39, Short Sword
3A, Middle Sword
3B, Long Sword
3C, Steel Sword
3D, Achilles Sword
3E, Broad Sword
3F, Buster Sword
40, Great Sword
41, Critical Sword
42, Battle Sword
43, Force Sword
44, Counter Sword
45, Levanter
46, Dark Sword
47, Wooden Sword
48, Short Spear
49, Bronze Lance
4A, Spear
4B, Steel Lance
4C, Power Spear
4D, Heavy Lance
4E, Javelin
4F, Chrome Lance
50, Valkyrie
51, Holy Lance
52, Mist Javelin
53, Halberd
54, Evil Lance
55, Wooden Rod
56, Short Rod
57, Bronze Rod
58, Iron Rod
59, Power Stick
5A, Flail
5B, Guardian Staff
5C, Indra Staff
5D, Mage Staff
5E, Wish Staff
5F, Great Rod
60, Supply Staff
61, Holy Staff
62, Freeze Staff
63, Goddess Staff
64, Mystery Staff
65, Demon Rod
66, Iron Ball
67, Short Knife
68, Dagger
69, Knife
6A, Thieve's Dagger
6B, Katana
6C, Ninja Katana
6D, Gisarme
6E, Taros Sword
6F, Right of Hope
70, Wooden Pannel
71, Sky Orb
72, Cannon
73, Dry Stone
74, Dynamite
75, Arm of Golem
76, Pegasus Wing
77, Warrior's Pride
78, Silver Tank
79, Secret Book
7A, Vigor Ball
7B, Mithril
7C, Life Ring
7D, Cotton Balloon
7E, Chirrup Sandles
7F, Empty

I have tested this with the chirrup sandals and they restored 20 hp every round! But haven't tested extensively.

---

Life Ring Hp regen amount is at offset 0x24433. Currently at 05 change to whatever.
It's item code is at 0x24427, can switch to any other accessory/ring type.

Mystery Staffs Mp regen amount is at offset 0x24405. Currently at 02 change to whatever.
It's item code is at 0x243f9, can switch to any other weapon.

Holy Staffs Hp regen amount is at offset 0x243d7. Currently at 02 change to whatever.
It's item code is at 0x243cb, can switch to any other weapon.

Also note I just found out that these effects can only be switched to another item of the same type. Like the life rings ability can be switched to any other ring type. And the mystery staff can be switched to any other weapon type! Trying to find out how to switch the types!

Hopefully someone who can actually READ code will look at these as I've just been using dumb luck to find them. :shock: But at least their found now.

Yeah it seems these are all grouped by each other, I was hoping it would just be a table with all the items but It doesn't look like it, and unfortunately since I can't read code I can't add more than these 3 regenerating effects only swapping with other items, so in effect the 3 regen effects found on items can be moved around and increased/decreased but that's about all I can do...............................booooooooooooooooooooo. :damnit:

---

I figured out how to make these 3 work on ANY item including rings or weapons and switch between having it restore mp/hp. Somebody like BNC or another coder would have to add more of these states because I can't do it let alone understand the majority of it!

Anyways here's how,

Life Rings Hp regen value 0x24433 and item # 0x24427
64=HP 65=MP 0x2444B Weapon/Ring Type 80= Ring 7C= Weapon 0x24423

Mystery Staff Mp regen value 0x24405 and item # 0x243f9
64=HP 65=MP 0x2441D Weapon/Ring Type 80= Ring 7C= Weapon 0x243f5

Holy Staff Hp regen value 0x243d7 and item # 0x243cb
64=HP 65=MP 0x243EF Weapon/Ring Type 80= Ring 7C= Weapon 0x243C7

As you can see if I wanted to change the holy staff to say a holy ring I would change offset 0x243C7 from 7C to 80. And if I wanted it to restore MP instead of HP I would go to offset 0x243EF and change the 64 to 65!

And just use the list above to find your item # and your good!

Haven't tried many of them but maybe changing the Hp/Mp effects to other numbers might provide a different state like curse or something else not yet seen, don't know though only tried 64/65 and poison on accident which I don't remember how I did that!

But like I said earlier maybe in the future somebody can look at these and be able to see exactly how they work and possibly add more states or something but this is something I can't do. :(

At least we can have 3 effects now, whether HP/MP regenerate, be applied to ANYTHING and adjust it to our liking though! :) Really makes you wonder why in SFedit it actually has the values listed on the weapons that have them originally like the mystery staff and life ring. I wonder if this means these states CAN be added to more than just 3 weapons/rings. Only time will tell.
nightshade00123

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: Switching Life Rings Regeneration Effect to another Item

Postby SirHedge » Fri Jun 24 2011 4:24am

This is totally awesome. Too bad I don't have much use for it. Still cool though.

When you say dumb luck, it has to be more than that. I would never find things shifting through hexadecimal code. Do you use a program that helps you out a bit in your search? The thing I've been trying to find for a while now is the damage output of prism flowers and zeon guards. But as you can imagine 0F is all over the place.
SirHedge

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: Hex Editor Stat locations for HP,MP,Atk,Def,Agility Cap

Postby SirHedge » Fri Jun 24 2011 4:40am

Sweet finds. Thanks for sharing. Do you know how the boost and attack spells effect defense and attack? So if you have 200 attack and get the spell Attack cast upon you, do you go above 200 or stay there? Do any of these stats roll over? You explained the agility in a lot of detail and I'm assuming defense and attack are similar, given their multiple addresses (similar as in they all have the character cap and the item cap).
SirHedge

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby nightshade00123 » Fri Jun 24 2011 7:16am

You know I could probably find this, the only reason I haven't looked is because prism flowers aren't in my mod because their AI is retarded, I'll see if I can do this some time.

Hopefully the value for the prism flowers is OF. Are you sure that's what it is? Because IF it's a constant value, like the other spells, I shouldn't have a problem finding it!

Quick question though. Can prism flowers be placed in any battle and have them behave normally, such as firing lasers and what not. Because if not my mod doesn't have them and I would have to start allllllllllllllll the way over....................nooooooooooooo. :shock:
nightshade00123

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Stordarth » Fri Jun 24 2011 3:45pm

Not only would putting prism flowers in other battles not work, adding prism flowers to the battle that they are already in doesnt work either. The monster unit numbers assigned as prism flowers seem hardcoded to zap. Overwriting a normal monster gives you a dud prism flower.

Same with the Zeon Guards.
Stordarth

The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Postby nightshade00123 » Fri Jun 24 2011 4:16pm

Well that sucks.

But anyways I found out more about the 3 regenerating effects.

It would seem these 3 effects are like a state applied to your character like poison, while messing with these I made my ring poison myself on accident just by equipping it and I couldn't cure it had to remove it! But anyways these 3 states as far as I know can have their effects altered without doing anything negative anywhere else, right below these 3 locations is the poison routine for the poison state along with it's pointer. Above it I couldn't tell what was there but it didn't look anything like what was below it so I'm assuming it's something entirely different.

But below there was definitely more of the same type of things going on, states like poison and what not maybe even others like muddle/slow/boost/attack these are just guesses though as they are by the turn like the regens and poison so it would seem fitting, I just don't know what all they effect or how!
nightshade00123

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Increasing enemy spell Damage.

Postby nightshade00123 » Sat Jun 25 2011 1:44am

I don't know if this has been posted before but some enemies will get an extra 125% spell damage similar to characters after promotion. This is real easy to find and test, but I'm not going to list every enemy location waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many, but I'll give an example. All other enemies are directly above the one I'm going to tell you.

The extra blue shaman in SpaceKings editor is at the very bottom of the monsters tab in his editor. It's Hex Location for it's level is 0x1B30C1 and directly before that at 0x1B30C0 is the spell power. In the spell power offset will be 63. This means it get's 125% extra damage. Set it to 00 for normal spell damage, like the unpromated characters. The spell power will always be right before the enemy level byte. Several enemies don't have this set, mostly in the early/mid parts of the game there might be others else where but haven't checked thoroughly.

I raised it to FF and it was still 125%. So 00 for normal spell damage or 63 and above for 125%!

To test this make sure you restart the battle as making a change to an enemy then resuming in the middle of a battle via save state won't work. It loads it before the battle starts!

Maybe in a future release of SFedit SpaceKing can include this as it's right before the levels for the enemies in his editor. Another tab that clicks yes or no or something who knows. Later.
nightshade00123

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby SirHedge » Sat Jun 25 2011 4:50am

nightshade00123 wrote:Hopefully the value for the prism flowers is OF. Are you sure that's what it is? Because IF it's a constant value, like the other spells, I shouldn't have a problem finding it.

I really don't know what the value is for the Prism Flowers. I was using SFEdit's Laser damage, which I know isn't the actual variable but am hoping is the correct value. I remembered the value wrong, however, since it is 16 damage (10), not 15 (0F) like I thought originally. Hopefully 16 is the correct value. And rather than reply in all of your other threads, I'd just like to say here again thank you for sharing what you're learning. I am already planning on applying some of the information (like raising the caps on attack and defense for allow for the full benefit of attack and boost spells) to my hack.

Stordarth wrote:Not only would putting prism flowers in other battles not work, adding prism flowers to the battle that they are already in doesnt work either. The monster unit numbers assigned as prism flowers seem hardcoded to zap. Overwriting a normal monster gives you a dud prism flower.

Same with the Zeon Guards.

It appears as though you can get new Zeon Guards to fire in the Secret Boss battle, as you can see in this video:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/ladyabaxa/videos/28/
(start around nine minutes to see the Zeon Guards in action)

I'm guessing that's the only exception, though.
SirHedge

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: Increasing enemy spell Damage.

Postby Kcid » Sat Jun 25 2011 4:53am

With all of this stuff you're finding out, I'm expecting a damn good mod from you. Keep up the good work.
"And if you tell anyone, nobody will find you ever again."
http://iidx.solidstatesquad.com/siginclude/959.png
"And if you tell anyone, nobody will find you ever again."
http://iidx.solidstatesquad.com/siginclude/959.png
Kcid

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby nightshade00123 » Sat Jun 25 2011 6:29am

Unfortunately I'm not making a mod to release, I don't have the time to test everything thoroughly, but rather I like to tinker with things.

I'm mainly just doing this for others who like to mod so there's more to do with their creation, trying to give things otherwise not found or just help with something simple that others have wanted.

On a side note I like playing other peoples mods, I've played Darkclaws and Stordarths/BNC's creations so far and both are really good and have quit a bit of differences to keep me interested. But yeah that about sums it up!
nightshade00123

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Stordarth » Sat Jun 25 2011 1:18pm

Nightshade, considering the amount of addresses you've found, I am considering merging your topics together and stickying the resultant thread. Do you mind me doing that?
Stordarth

The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Postby nightshade00123 » Sat Jun 25 2011 2:29pm

Heck if you were willing It might be good to try to and round up any others by other members as well to keep them all together, kinda of a grouping of hex addresses for others ease of access. Although I don't know how many hex edits though I will be finding as like I said I was just trying to find the easy ones that myself and others had wanted.

But sure why not.
nightshade00123

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: Nightshade's Hex Finds

Postby Stordarth » Sat Jun 25 2011 2:54pm

Unstickied and added to the Hack Library

I won't go through the posts to place them all in the OP, but if you find anything else, just add them to this thread dude. keeps them all in one place then.
Stordarth

The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Postby Drakonis » Sun Jun 26 2011 12:23am

Looks like Stor is using his newfound Mod-Powers for the greater good lately... Good job :)

Also thanks a lot at nightshade for finding all this stuff. This is amazing, keep up the good work.
Drakonis

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby nightshade00123 » Fri Jul 01 2011 12:52am

Well for anyone who is curious I have put together a list of enemy map sprite locations and how to assign them to something else. I'm sure others already know how to do this but this will make it easier for people who don't. These locations are found in an expanded 4mb rom.

Starting at

0x44AA4-0x44ACA Melee Units
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 4A 4B 4C 4D 4E 4F 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 5A 5B 5C 5D 5E 5F 60 61 62 63 64 65 66.

0x44ACB-0x44ADB Aerial Units
67 68 69 6A 6B 6C 6D 6E 6F 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77

0x44ADC-0x44AE6 Archer Units
78 79 7A 7B 7C 7D 7E 7F 80 81 82

0x44AE7-0x44AEF Mage Units
83 84 85 86 87 88 89 8A 8B

0x44AF0-0x44AF9 Healing Units
8C 8D 8E 8F 90 91 92 93 94 95

0x44AFA-0x44B0A Boss/Unused Units, the last 3 locations here are the last 3 enemies in the SF2 edit editor, Master Mage, Necromancer, Blue Shaman. And right before them is Jaro's enemy sprite and then Zeon.

As you can see the order is sequential for the Map Sprites this indicates the order in which they are found in the caravan also.

For instance the starting 40, 64 in decimal and which is the number used in the caravan map sprites, is the beggining of the melee units and is the Oozes sprite, and the 66 which is 102 in decimal is the final number for the melee enemies and is the Zeon Guard map sprite. By switching the 40, the Oozes sprite, to say 41 they will now share the first rats map sprite editable in the caravan.

The thing that's funny is if you assign taros map sprite, which is FE in hex, or the other big guys to let's say the gizmo's map sprite only 1 taros map sprite will be on screen and all enemies when their turn comes up will only move that sprite! Not very useful I know.

But on a side note if people wanted to reassign let's say taros map sprite to something more editable or the krakens or whatever you can do that and add your own bosses, although the sprite won't be as BIG and SCARY. I haven't messed with these to much, only changed a couple of them, so if you find problems your on your OWN!

I'll see later about the characters MAYBE as I don't remember how I did some of theirs!
Last edited by nightshade00123 on Fri Jul 01 2011 2:50am, edited 2 times in total.
nightshade00123

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Stordarth » Fri Jul 01 2011 1:49am

Yeah, you can only have 1 large map entity per map.

Nicely done nightshade. this saves me the trouble of doing it. :)
Stordarth

The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Postby nightshade00123 » Mon Jul 04 2011 7:40am

Well I recently added a character or 2 to my hack and noticed they had girly voices. So I had to fix that. And in the process mapped out all the characters voices and portrait info and how to change them. May as well post them so others can use this I don't see a reason why not. Also note if you add more classes than what the original had with SFedit or are using another hack some of these locations might be moved around, I haven't tested this but I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to figure out.

Voices

0x45684 sarah priest
0x45688 sarah vicar
0x4568C sarah master monk
0x45690 chester knight
0x45694 chester paladin
0x45698 chester pegasus knight
0x4569C jaha warrior
0x456A0 jaha gladiator
0x456A4 jaha baron
0x456A8 kazin mage
0x456Ac kazin wizard
0x456B0 kazin sorcerer
0x456B4 slade thief
0x456B8 slade ninja
0x456BC kiwi tortoise
0x456C0 kiwi monster
0x456C4 peter phoenik
0x456C8 peter phoenix
0x456CC may ranger
0x456D0 may bow knight
0x456D4 gerhalt wolfman
0x456D8 gerhalt wolf baron
0x456DC luke birdman
0x456E0 luke bird battler
0x456E4 rohde brass gunner
0x456E8 rick knight
0x456EC rick paladin
0x456F0 rick pegasus knight
0x456F4 elric archer
0x456F8 elric sniper
0x456FC elric brass gunner
0x45700 eric knight
0x45704 eric paladin
0x45708 eric pegasus knight
0x4570C karna priest
0x45710 karna vicar
0x45714 karna master monk
0x45718 randolf warrior
0x4571C randolf gladiator
0x45720 randolf baron
0x45724 tyrin mage
0x45728 tyrin wizard
0x4572C tyrin sorcerer
0x45730 janet archer
0x45734 janet sniper
0x45738 janet brass gunner
0x4573C higins
0x45740 skreech
0x45744 taya
0x45748 frayja
0x4574C jaro
0x45750 gyan
0x45754 sheela
0x45758 zynk
0x4575C chaz
0x45760 lemon
0x45764 claude

These locations will have a byte in them to signify their voice to be used. Also note that characters with multiple classes will have different voices they can use depending on their class.
Use the values below to switch their voice to another type, I have not tested all values but from 45-4C are the common ones used.

Also right before the voice byte is the portrait byte. For example if you go to Sarahs priest, vicar, master monk voice locations right before all the voice bytes will be 01, which is sarahs portrait, if you switch it to 02 for her vicar class she will have chester's portrait when she becomes a vicar. It would seem the portraits are sequential so 01 is Sarah, 02 Chester, 03 Jaha and so on.

If you look in the caravan, towards the very bottom of the portraits section, it would seem there are several extra portraits, there all pictures of bowies portrait the one that is drawn in moun by the painter, but if someone was feeling creative you could probably use these as alternate promo pictures for certain characters similar to how slade, peter, kiwi have more mature looking pictures after promo. You would have to cut out mouth and eye pieces because none of them have these ready but it wouldn't be hard.

"EDIT" I forgot to mention that you can null out a portrait if you so desire. I'm not sure if this would effect anything else, I doubt it, but if you use a portrait number that doesn't exist, such as FF, then when the character talks all that will be displayed is the name. This could be useful if you have added a boss or something and haven't yet been able to reproduce an adequate portrait of said boss you could just null out the portrait and have their name only when they speak!

41 Strange monster voice?
42 Soft Voice
43 Girlish Voice
44 Strange Voice
45 High Pitch Voice
46 Girl Voice
47 Soft Voice
48 Medium Voice
49 Male Voice
4A Deep Voice 1
4B Deep Voice 2
4C Deep Voice 3

Later.
Last edited by nightshade00123 on Tue Jul 05 2011 8:12pm, edited 2 times in total.
nightshade00123

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Next

Return to Shining Force II