Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Scrambled Force II Hack

Happy Halloween!

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Re: Scrambled Force II Hack

Postby Drakonis » Tue Nov 03 2009 7:26pm

if you load a 2 MB rom in the newest caravan version, it should ask you if you want to extend it.
Drakonis

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Flaming Manakin » Wed Nov 04 2009 12:16am

So, with the sf2_scramble.bin.out file, how can you get the emukator to accept it? tried it on Kega fusion and Gens and neither load it.

I renamed it to a plain sf2_scramble.bin, then it opens okay with the spooky colours etc on the intro, but crashes on the title screen.
Flaming Manakin

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby ehow22 » Wed Nov 04 2009 2:06am

Shining_Sol @ Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:26 am) wrote: Edit: So I made a second scramble rom file and it still gets screwed up at Ribble. Anyone else get that far?

It does that to me as well in Ribble and Hassan. Didn't have any trouble getting in the elven village though lmao.
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Shining_Sol » Wed Nov 04 2009 3:20am

ehow22 @ Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:06 pm) wrote: Didn't have any trouble getting in the elven village though lmao.

Yeah I didn't have any trouble walking into the elven village either. I'm guessing having the caravan following you makes it messed up since the only reasons to go into Ribble and Hassan are to get the Achilles Sword and Rhode. And since Taros is garbled I'm guessing it's the same thing. And BNC I'll shoot you an email with the state I have.
Solby @ Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:58 am wrote:Red Baron pizzas have a picture of a plane on them. That's kind of like flying junk food.
Solby @ Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:58 am wrote:Red Baron pizzas have a picture of a plane on them. That's kind of like flying junk food.
Shining_Sol

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Flaming Manakin » Wed Nov 04 2009 2:01pm

Anyone else had it crash on the title screen? Perhaps I'll try a new .bin ROM
Flaming Manakin

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Dark Link » Wed Nov 04 2009 6:53pm

I have another issue. I got to battle 7 (the second tower battle, with Galam and Elis at the top), and I have a problem. The force configuration is like this:

___x
__xxx
_xxxxx

(blue=npc, red=force member)

Anyway, the bottom right most force member always gets screwed up somehow. My first time through, it was Claude, and whenever it was his turn, his curser went up to Elis, and she moved for him. However, since she wasn't in his available movement, she just sat there and couldn't end turn or anything.

Then, I switched Claude out for Kiwi, and Chaz became the bottom right force member. When his turn came, it went to King Granseal. He could move for a while, but at the end of the turn, King Granseal became Chaz, and King Granseal respawned at his original position (noted by the left blue X).

I'm just curious if I should just do the battle -1 force member, or if there is a way of solving that problem.
As long as there is light, I shall follow you. When the light goes out, I will surround you. Destroy you with the fear of the unknown. I am subtle and precise, constantly shifting as the sand falls. I am a myth, a monster, a warrior. I am the Hero's Shadow.
As long as there is light, I shall follow you. When the light goes out, I will surround you. Destroy you with the fear of the unknown. I am subtle and precise, constantly shifting as the sand falls. I am a myth, a monster, a warrior. I am the Hero's Shadow.
Dark Link

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Flaming Manakin » Wed Nov 04 2009 9:04pm

I fixed the crash by changing the .bin for another- obviously it doesn't work with them all.

Interesting first battle using Lemon with Dao...
Very interesting
Flaming Manakin

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby ehow22 » Thu Nov 05 2009 3:11am

Shining_Sol @ Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:20 pm) wrote: Yeah I didn't have any trouble walking into the elven village either. I'm guessing having the caravan following you makes it messed up since the only reasons to go into Ribble and Hassan are to get the Achilles Sword and Rhode. And since Taros is garbled I'm guessing it's the same thing. And BNC I'll shoot you an email with the state I have.

Is it possible to just go to the Harpy pool and play it normally, since we technically already have Rhode?
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Shining_Sol » Thu Nov 05 2009 3:28am

ehow22 @ Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:11 pm) wrote: Is it possible to just go to the Harpy pool and play it normally, since we technically already have Rhode?

I did that when I was bored and before I had gotten Oddler and it let me in. It gave Bowie Oddler's text which was funny. So I'm guessing it will still work with Oddler.
Shining_Sol

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby ehow22 » Thu Nov 05 2009 3:58am

So we might be able to just skip the whole Taros thing altogether, right? I guess it comes down to if Rhode can use the cannon at North Cliff.

I already have Oddler(got tired of the crappy towns and decided to just go through the story as best I could) and will try to see if I can reach North Parmecia tonight....if not well I dunno lol.

Edit: I restarted it because every time I tried to North Parmecia from the cave, the screen shifted to where Luke joins repeatedly.

I completed it and had to skip/alter a few things:

WARNING: SPOILER!

Besides that, I think it was pretty good.

I hope this helps anybody having problems lol.
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby T300 » Sat Jan 02 2010 10:18am

I cannot open the .out file in any emulator. How do I do this?
T300

Verum Aeternus
Shining Hero

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Sat Jan 02 2010 4:09pm

You rename it to .bin.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Postby T300 » Sat Jan 02 2010 8:28pm

sorted, thanks
T300

Verum Aeternus
Shining Hero

Postby Loftus » Sun Mar 14 2010 1:19pm

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this is some great work BNC, i really lol'd at frayja's name change!

it wouldnt hurt for more members to see this thread anyway, looks like you put a lot of effort into it BNC. :)
There are no limits.
There are no limits.
Loftus

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Hungry » Sat Sep 04 2010 9:58pm

At level 12, Gerhalt has 12 attack. He's pretty worthless.

Jaro has the highest attack on my force AND can cast atlas.

Luke's attack is also very high.

Rohde and May both have aura.

Higins has Heal and Boost.

Bowie just learned his second spell (after egress)... It's blast. :roll:

Chaz has no magic at all yet, but he can hit harder than Gerhalt. :p

This really is a lot of fun, and I am very much enjoying it. Thanks BNC!
hana_dragon @ Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:13 pm wrote:Meh, like the Hungry said "It's all good  :) "
hana_dragon @ Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:13 pm wrote:Meh, like the Hungry said "It's all good  :) "
Hungry

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Siel » Sat Sep 04 2010 10:55pm

I was playing this some time ago and noticed characters gain much less EXP than in a normal game. A level 0 huge bat only gives 30 and 10 EXP to level 3 and 4 characters instead of 40 and 30. It seems EXP gains are dropping by 20 per level instead of 10.
SF1CL v2.1.1
SF2CA v1.2.1
SF1CL v2.1.1
SF2CA v1.2.1
Siel

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Guntzlegend42 » Sun Sep 05 2010 11:29am

All my characters have the stats of a healer/mage, which makes it hard to get through. Swiwi/kiwi has 20 hp at the prison break, and snowie has the least defence with 5. Nice work BNC!
Prepare to meet your worst nightmare!!!
... Jogurt?!?!?!?!?!
Prepare to meet your worst nightmare!!!
... Jogurt?!?!?!?!?!
Guntzlegend42

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Hungry » Thu Sep 09 2010 12:42am

I've been using brave apples to avoid wasting tons of time, because I want to use everyone, but I don't want to play forever...

Anyway, Baron Lemon and Sorcerer Chaz cannot use brave apples. It just says "it has no use" I have other impossible characters like Baron Gyan. he can use brave apples.

So can Vicar Sheela, though there appears to be a glitch that makes her have a chance of having her mp increas by 255. Dunno if it's related to the apple or it'd happen with regular leveling.

Weird.
Hungry

Shining Member
Shining Member

Previous

Return to Shining Force II