Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Mistakes in Moogie's Guide

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Re: Mistakes in Moogie's Guide

Postby Kcid » Sun Sep 12 2010 1:32pm

That sucks...I even have the critical sword equipped on Lemon right now. Oh well, I think the higher attack power may still be worth it. Hopefully another weapon will come soon.
"And if you tell anyone, nobody will find you ever again."
http://iidx.solidstatesquad.com/siginclude/959.png
"And if you tell anyone, nobody will find you ever again."
http://iidx.solidstatesquad.com/siginclude/959.png
Kcid

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Space King » Sun Nov 14 2010 1:59pm

Dunno if listed already:

Jaha's listed starting Agility is wrong wrong wrongy wrong. This scared the poop out of me when I first noticed this.

For a second there I almost pm'ed moogie to ask if she'd upload fixed html files someday if I sent them to her, considering leaving errors in as watermarks is pretty pointless by this stage, as the GameFAQs kids who plagiarized it have probably moved on....

I have weird crazy thoughts sometimes. : /
Space King

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby MCRT » Tue Sep 13 2011 6:22pm

Lightside wrote:could we also have an explanation of how the Critical Sword and Rune Axe affect Barons, RDBN Lemon and NINJ Slade? since those two weapons (along with the robin arrow and nazca cannon) alter a character's critical properties, but Slade, Barons and RDBN Lemon already have atypical critical properties.

isn't it actually a bad thing to give the critical sword/rune axe to those characters?

the Rune axe changes the critical rate? that was knew for me, but what is with the Counter Sword? didn't it higher the chance of conutering an attack?
MCRT

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Lord Kane » Sun Sep 18 2011 7:08am

MXC wrote:but what is with the Counter Sword? didn't it higher the chance of conutering an attack?

Yes, it does. As far as I know, it should double your counter chance! :thumbsup:
Lord Kane

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby nightshade00123 » Sun Sep 18 2011 4:57pm

It does double the chance but according to BNC on slade, maybe somebody else as well and only with the critical weapon, it does not raise the critical chance and lowers the critical damage because of the way the table data is set up! Strange huh.
nightshade00123

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Great Paladin » Sat Nov 03 2012 9:43pm

Something small, Randolf's Attack growth after promotion does not skyrocket. It only increases by 1.
Great Paladin

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Neutral » Wed Jan 30 2013 1:09pm

Rusty wrote:Sephirstein's guide isn't that good, honestly. I mean, it's not horrible, but with a quick glance I've already spotted like 5 or 6 things that are absolutely wrong, and that's not getting into 'which characters are better'. The fact that Vankar scores higher than both Ken and Arthur is a testament to this. He also calls Alef the best mage in the game. :p Simply not true at all. He also gives Amon a 1, which is ridiculous. But opinions aside, it's an 'okay' guide. Not good, just okay.

Having never peeked at said guide, I can safely say that character evaluation on there is just beyond terrible.

I mean, Kokichi is great and all but...the strongest flying character on all genesis Shining games?

That SF:LOGI stat cap makes comparison just daft.
Neutral

Postby RastaOddeye » Mon Feb 17 2014 3:28am

I think it's safe to say Moogie's guide is the best one out there, and that's not biased, it's cold hard fact.
I'm arrogant, and proud of it.
I'm arrogant, and proud of it.
RastaOddeye

Zeons Third General
Shining Legend

Postby Persoon56 » Sat May 24 2014 2:10pm

One error that I noticed was that Eric's and Rick's starting weapons were swapped. Rick is stated to start with the Power Spear and Eric with a Steel Lance. When it's the other way around.
Persoon56

Postby Reincar » Sat Nov 29 2014 6:37am

In the walkthrough part of the guide, it is not mentioned that you can get Power Water from a chest in the Holy Sword's Shrine after the second battle. Instead, it only mentions the second Power Water near the end of the game when you are getting the Force Sword.
Reincar

Previous

Return to Shining Force II