Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Team Shining Force II #19

Battle 40: Odd Eye - DrakonisN

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Re: Team Shining Force II #19

Postby Simpelicity » Tue Jun 12 2018 4:38am

Out of curiosity, how did you decide on who to kick and how to promote? Was it random like we usually do?
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby MXC » Tue Jun 12 2018 12:58pm

Well it should have been. I told antman the number to kick out, unsure who it actually was specifically. :)
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby Simpelicity » Tue Jun 12 2018 1:22pm

I know how you did it MXC, but he made some decisions by himself between his 2 battles.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby MXC » Tue Jun 12 2018 2:40pm

Right, but he sent me a pm between. As far as promos go, I have no idea :lol:
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby Antman 537 » Tue Jun 12 2018 2:55pm

For promos, I didn't know of any rules so I just took the first option. :shifty: The joining was randomly done, though.
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby MXC » Tue Jun 12 2018 2:56pm

It is what it is. I may have missed something in my list though. I only have 11 active members. Unfortunately I’m on vacation and can’t check the current save. Some help!
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby Antman 537 » Wed Jun 13 2018 4:10pm

Rhode's in the force, not purged. You gave me a right fright there, thought I'd gone mad when reading the purged list before.
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Jonesy_Pants » Thu Jun 14 2018 2:16am

whats the current force then?
Jonesy_Pants

Postby Antman 537 » Thu Jun 14 2018 2:29am

The front page is accurately updated now, I believe.
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby zexxar » Thu Jun 14 2018 8:07am

I get my battle done on the weekend I guess.

Edit:

Kicked out active member number 3 as MXC said and so Jaha had to leave for Claude. Gave the Quick Ring from Jaha to Rhode and the Running Ring from Zynk ( who uses the Life Ring) to Claude and started the battle.

Advanced really slow and tried to level our Creed characters who were mostly level 2. Now everyone is at least level 4. Because I advacned slow the tanks soaked most of the damage from luring the enemies who were the hit a few time so that one of the weaker characters could finfish them of.

I didn't lose anyone but used some healing items so that I don't accidentially lose on of the tanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby MXC » Mon Jun 18 2018 12:48am

Excellent. Everything is up to date and now that I'm back from vacation, I should be able to stay on top of it all.

We have some pretty good characters remaining too, with only a few less stellar options (Kiwi, Taya, and Chaz), but even those aren't complete garbage at least!
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby Jonesy_Pants » Thu Jun 21 2018 2:09am

If antman gets in done before saturday i'll be able to smash it out Friday or saturday but am silly busy sunday/monday.
Jonesy_Pants

Postby Antman 537 » Thu Jun 21 2018 2:15am

Got a healing water, fairy tear, and bright honey! Fished healing water out of storage and gave it to Claude. Bought everyone healing drops. Sallied forth!

The slow move speed of our front liners gave me a few close calls, but I pulled through. Had to chase down the northern demons, who wouldn't be lured in. I forgot how glorious doulbe mmnks are. Higins had an awkward moment standing next to his own body. Things got really dicey when the Wizard joined in, and Claude ended up tanking the Lizardman. Which would have been easier if he didn't keep counter attacking! But everyone lived, with copious use of healing items.
Rhode and Luke lvled to 5! Luke and Karna lvled to 6! May, Kazin, and Higins and Skreech lvled to 8! Used Skreech, Luke, Higins, Randolf, n00b, and Kazin's healing drops; and Luke's medical herb.

Tyrin the Wzd joins the force!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby MXC » Thu Jun 21 2018 3:05am

Stroke of luck here as Skreech has been voted out of the group. I caught Tyrin up in levels (he's a Wizard btw). I believe that I'll have to do this for characters that join with multiple promotion options. I think that the others will be leveled appropriately, but I can't recall.

Just remember that you'll need my go-ahead to go on to the next battle when a new character joins. Otherwise, continue!
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby Jonesy_Pants » Mon Jun 25 2018 3:19pm

Well that's was a nightmare, I forgot from last time I don't know what my account password is and that's I have to load it up and upload or download things from my iPad. If anyone has any idea why the password reset doesn't work that'd be great.

Once I finally got the save state onto my pc I sallied forth into battle with a rather defensive mind set as I dint want to attract all three groups at once. I cleared out the initial enemies, the group in the middle. I then had a chance to use bolt without noob on all three enemies to the left but again went defensive and drew them over. Luckily the wizard decide to melee rather then any spell so I smashed through them and started on the enemies to the right.

I think I got a little bit over confident at this stage and sent luke off to finish a dwarf of and he missed and was then promptly one shot. I'm used to Sarah being tanky so had no issue putting he in harms way to get a needed help off on may but a double attack from a sniper and another attack lead to her death.

Surprisingly rhode was doing a lot of work and Kazan got a de soul off on a wyvern. Last few enemies got dispatched but Higgins was also killed as I went to finish it off quickly.

Pretty happy in general, thanks for letting me be part of it. Please excuse typos, I blame the iPad keyboard!
Jonesy_Pants

Postby Simpelicity » Fri Jun 29 2018 11:55pm

Oh look I'm alive!

I'm sorry, work kept me very busy. I'm on it.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Simpelicity » Sat Jun 30 2018 6:43pm

I'm sorry, something came up. Girlfriend is super sick. I'm not sure I'll be able to do this this weekend either.

There were a few latecomers that didn't get battles, right? You can take 'em if you want. If you see this before I have time to do them myself.

EDIT

Finally got time to do it! Some characters are lagging pitifully behind in levels (coughLukecough), so I applied myself to making sure everyone would catch up, because we might be stuck with them longterm. Pangoat is perfect for that, you control the pace and some old enemies resurface (lesser demons).

The battle went real smooth. The end was a little rough, because of the amount of enemies stacked on top of each other. Only one loss to regret : Luke, who ironically enough would have survived had I bothered to heal the HP he gained from his 3 levelups during the battle :damnit: .
He actually has as much defense as Bowie now. Of course he doesn't have terrain bonuses, but on Pangoat that made them equally tanky ;)

After the battle I entered the weapon shop, because that's where you get chrome lances, only to discover that weapon upgrades were forgotten by the last person or two... :(

Unfortunately that's all the time I have today. Other battle coming up soon! (I hope)
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force II