Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force 2 Dark Dawn (CO)

Check it out!!!New version out!!!

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Shining Force 2 Dark Dawn (CO)

Postby AminKhan » Fri Aug 11 2017 8:31pm

Hi,
This is me back brought up a big update and here it is with some changes....

First lemme tell u the changes first then comes the link and according to the rules this time its going to be .ips

1)Crossed over with some of my other mods to see some amazing changes.

2)a new legendary sword hmmm 2..

3)as a friend of mine requested a brought up a change from sf3 to sf2 the thief's weapons are now usable by swordman (knifes and daggers only).

4)the range for these weapons was also changed as for a clear use with a big attack increase in them so the thief doesn't gets left behind.

5)the wolfman sara peter and one more (i don't remember)have some new changes (i guess stats and spells).

6)Yeah the second swdmn was also brought in the game and i don't know its animation plz report me if ur interested.

7)and the second swdmn will bring in 2 weapons important for many for later use.

8)some portrait changes with numerous dialogues i m sure of this.

9)many characters have new spells and stat changes.

10)New weapons and Numerous of them you can tell me of some animations if u dont like them.

11)AGI issue now fixed.

12)And i just remembered it with modification is a hard play through patch

13)A new item for better enhancement of force sword.

14)hero sara and peter have now better stats

15)1 Exp for KEN bug now fixed.

16)major dialogue fixes

17)the cursed rings now have disadvantages as well......would u sacrifice one thing to achieve another.

Much more to come.....

SNEAK PEAK: In ver 2.0 hero's animation will be fixed the light swords story will be expanded and many other things...

and of course i dont know how to edit music and as well hex editing and even dont have that editors. Please help me in this

i also wanted to edit map and make a new warp with a new cave for that legendary sword but caravan is not editing or adding a warp can anyone help me in this....

now comes the link:

http://adf.ly/1np1sr

sorry but i have to post it with a pre patched rom becuz changing it into ips is creating problem now

plz help me in these few parts as well in finding bugs in the game.

its say so still got much more time left with me.

What???u want something PM me ;) ;)
Last edited by AminKhan on Sat Sep 09 2017 4:11pm, edited 5 times in total.
AminKhan

Re: Shining Force 2 Dark Dawn (CO)

Postby greyskies » Sat Aug 12 2017 11:40am

Hey,
I applied the .ips patch to a regular SF2 (U) ROM file, but it seems the patched file was broken... when I tried to start the game the dialogue with the witch produced a neverending sequence of a random phrase. I used Lunar IPS. Have you playtested the final version of your hack, are you certain it is stable? If so, please check if re-applying the patch to a ROM works for you.

AminKhan wrote:i also wanted to edit map and make a new warp with a new cave for that legendary sword but caravan is not editing or adding a warp can anyone help me in this....

Creating entirely new maps can't be done at this point, you can only alter existing ones. I believe adding/changing warp points is more or less impossible as well (to the best of my knowledge - all my attempts to do so resulted in breaking the ROM, but this might be because I worked on an already heavily altered ROM).
Check out Return to Grans - A Shining Force II hack which features a completely
reworked story, numerous visual improvements, and tons of balance changes.

Also available as storymode hack only.
Check out Return to Grans - A Shining Force II hack which features a completely
reworked story, numerous visual improvements, and tons of balance changes.

Also available as storymode hack only.
greyskies

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby AminKhan » Sat Aug 12 2017 11:54am

ok i haven't checked it again after editing it yesterday it was late night but i will check and then repost a previous version while also editing this to make it stable,
anyways thnx
AminKhan

Postby Earl » Sat Aug 12 2017 1:43pm

Adding new maps is probably possible the same way that adding new text banks is.

I would expect the game doesn't "know" how many of a lot of things it's supposed to have. So if you add a pointer to it and a new text bank, the game will happily pull lines from it if you give them to someone.

The issue with those kinds of additions is that the Caravan DOES know how many there are supposed to be and doesn't look for more. So in this case, you would have to edit an existing map, copy and paste it to a new ROM, and add a pointer to it there.
Earl

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby AminKhan » Sat Aug 12 2017 6:56pm

reply to skies: the game on which i created the mod it working but the ips i created is not working..

reply to earl: how to hex adit and by using which program since in dialogue bank 13 the 365 one it was something about castle and i cant bring it back since i cant hex edit
AminKhan

Postby acsound » Sun Aug 13 2017 3:23am

3)hmmm as a friend of mine requested a brought up a change from sf3 to sf2 the thief's weapons are now usable by swordman (knifes adn daggers only).

4)the range for these weapons was also changed as for a clear use with a big attack increase in them so the thief doesn't gets left behind.

Throwing the knife works, but my SDMN only gets 1 XP from attacking with it; should I stick to using swords until it's fixed? Because the mechanic is otherwise cool.
acsound

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby AminKhan » Sun Aug 13 2017 1:46pm

acsound wrote:3)hmmm as a friend of mine requested a brought up a change from sf3 to sf2 the thief's weapons are now usable by swordman (knifes adn daggers only).

Throwing the knife works, but my SDMN only gets 1 XP from attacking with it; should I stick to using swords until it's fixed? Because the mechanic is otherwise cool.

huh strange why is swdmn only getting 1 xp hm lemme check that becuz i really think that he should be getting the full exp that must be received by him at that time....ok i m on it checking whats the problem and yeah about the animation of ken the main swdmn in game his animation doesn't goes down but his sword does while atcking thats becuz normal swdmn animation has only 4 postures while the hero now swordmaster has 5 so dont wory about that im on it as well.
AminKhan

Postby Earl » Mon Aug 14 2017 3:29am

AminKhan wrote:reply to earl: how to hex adit and by using which program since in dialogue bank 13 the 365 one it was something about castle and i cant bring it back since i cant hex edit

I'm not sure what you're asking, and if you're unfamiliar with hex I don't know if I can help.

But it sounds like you're saying a dialogue line got wonky somehow... and it sounds like you know where and what line. In that case, you could just open an unedited ROM in the Caravan, bring up that line, copy it, then open the edited ROM, bring up the problem line, and paste the original line back in place.
Earl

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby acsound » Mon Aug 14 2017 5:07am

"Swordmaster Ken" is stuck at Lv. 1because whether wielding a short sword, a short knife, or using the SNOW spell per below, he gets 1 XP.

The last time I remember him gaining XP normally was when he wielded the "shaped wood" (Bowie's Wooden Sword) against the gizmos. When I sold his starter sword to get the short sword and to try out his new ability to wield a knife at range...his attack became awesome: but "Swordmaster Ken" can't gain XP.
acsound

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby AminKhan » Mon Aug 14 2017 10:22am

Sorry i have uploaded the editors version of the game.. :( i was trying to test the game and so i uploaded the wrong version of the game so lemme see and ken is gaining low exp i think due to his hero class now a swdmstr class he has i will fix it right away

Reply to earl: what i m saying is that in that text bank and 365 line there is the dialogue but i cant see the real person who uses this line while we are caged in the cell of galam castle

EDIT: :) its done the main character wont gain 1 exp i have renewed the link

Hey i wanna ask something that is
taros can only be hit by the Achilles sword how is that the mechanics work this way i also wanna know because i wanna add a new story item like Achilles sword in the game
AminKhan

Postby Earl » Mon Aug 14 2017 5:05pm

Acsound... haha, PdfFile.pdf

Amin... if you can't tell who's speaking, it's an NPC. Which one is hard to say because they're only differentiated by their "voices". In that scene, I think there are two or three NPCS and each takes a turn talking.
Earl

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby AminKhan » Mon Aug 14 2017 9:39pm

Right now tweaking a bit with exp thanks to sir hedge's hacking resources but still there persists some problems that are that gained exp wont go beyond 49-50 guess due to the limiters placed on it and eight now m trying to find that.

i also did tried the easy that sir hedge posted that is sf1 style exp gain but that didn't work instead broke my game lets see what we can dooo..
AminKhan

Return to Shining Force II