Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Mobile Games
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Legacies of Veridocia Demo 2 Release

Community Project's Second Release

Covering Shining Force Chronicle, Shining Road: To the Force, Shining Force Exa Mobile and Shining Wind Cross.

Re: Legacies of Veridocia Demo 2 Release

Postby Namagem » Tue May 07 2019 4:09pm

I've noticed in the latest demo that the volume control does not actually work currently.

Beyond that, I'm super impressed; I just discovered this was being worked on, and I wish best of luck to you guys. I know you all are working on this for free, and I know community projects require a lot of everyone involved, and I can't tangibly help myself, but I want you guys to know that I'm rooting for you guys.
Namagem

Postby Nash Vegas » Thu Aug 15 2019 3:29pm

Wanted to say that so far I am really enjoying the latest demo. Great work all. One minor thing I noticed is the battle background of battle 2 doesn't quite match up to the map. First time I saw the background it felt a little too busy to me so I started paying attention more. The battle background shows 3 torches in a row on each side but nowhere on the map do I see this. I think it might feel less busy by taking out a torch and maybe putting in a banner. I could be wrong maybe it will be just as busy.
Nash Vegas

Postby Nuburan » Wed Sep 04 2019 6:38pm

All right, team, I took a little time to mess around with the 2.5 demo and see what came out. Just a few quick things I noticed.

Level-ups seem aggressive in terms of total stats gained, and the relative difficulty of battles also rises quickly. This will probably make it difficult for characters who fall behind to catch up. In one of my playthroughs, for example, I let Huun die in the first battle. In the second, he felt very weak, dealing two damage at a time and at risk of being offed by a double attack or a single crit. I'd also conjecture that this steep curve could make battles trivial the second time through after dying or egressing, and it might reward power-levelers and punish people who want to try out a variety of characters.

Speaking of characters dying and failed battles, resurrections and battle restarts are a little clumsy in the demo, though I trust we will find more elegant ways to handle them. I had a thought that it would be easy to introduce a priestess to the jail cell for the second battle. Since the party is set to be executed, she might have been brought in to hear confessions and administer last rites. It could make for a humorous moment when the party realizes--Huun could confess that he lied to Sharna about sleeping on the job, for example--as well as selling the reality of the sentence.

Would it be possible for damage-over-time effects, such as Olivia's fire, to award experience?
Nuburan

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Tuck » Sun Sep 29 2019 1:57am

Yo, havent been on these forums in so long, but got to try out a bit of the demo.
Gotta say, I had so much fun in that second battle just taking down waves of enemies. it was sick.
Unfortunately the game crashed in the area after battle 2. After you exit from the castle at that rest area, if you go all the way up, the game crashes and takes you to dev mode. You might already know that, but I thought I'd let you know.
:q1: Speedrunner :q2:
:q1: Speedrunner :q2:
Tuck

Previous

Return to Shining Mobile Games