Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Mobile Games
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Chances of getting these...

...any at all?

Covering Shining Force Chronicle, Shining Road: To the Force, Shining Force Exa Mobile and Shining Wind Cross.

Chances of getting these...

Postby Curious Orange » Wed Feb 25 2009 6:11pm

I was wondering if any people in the know out there - by that I guess I mean any one in Japan - knows if the mobile games are still available?

I am planning to go to Japan in 2010 (assuming my job doesn't get credit crunched) and I though that while I was over there I could procure a Japanese mobile (I don't care whether it will work back here as phone) and download Shining Force EXA Mobile, Shining Wind X and Shing Road (however many version oare out - I read at least 4 somewhere?).

What I want to know is, is that a stupid and impossible plan? So many questions and potential pitfalls...

Would I be able to buy the phone if I'm not resident in Japan?
Are they still available for download?
Will the games work back here (UK) even though obviously the phone won't?

I was also wondering if there are any Japanese Shining Fans out there who have played the games at all?

I realise this is all a bit difficult and highly likely to fail, but has anyone made a concerted effirt to get a hold of these?
"Cold mathematics making its move on me now"

Re: Chances of getting these...

Postby Shining Hopeful » Wed Feb 25 2009 11:07pm

Some-one else has said in here that nothing made for a Japanese mobile will work here.

If you do get to Japan, couldn't you buy a no-contract phone off the shelf?

If you can your biggest problem would be working out how to download the games onto your phone.

But if you can get them on there I'm guessing you can at least charge the Japanese phone again once you get home, they use the same voltage as America, so the adapters will have the same pins on the end.

You'll still be playing the games in Japanese, but you'll still have four games almost all of the rest of us here don't have.

What we really need is a Japanese mobile phone emulator, I'm sure the ROMs of those mobile phone Shining games are already online somewhere.

Anyway, good luck with the trip to Japan.
Shining Hopeful

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Special T » Thu Feb 26 2009 3:22am

Shining Hopeful @ Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:07 pm) wrote: What we really need is a Japanese mobile phone emulator, I'm sure the ROMs of those mobile phone Shining games are already online somewhere.

I don't know about that I have been looking since it was released and I haven't found them yet :blush: I would have done the same thing Curious Orange was going to do but I haven't been able to plan a trip to japan yet... so if you do decide to go over there, drop me a line and I'd love to get a hold of those games as well.
Special T

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Curious Orange » Thu Feb 26 2009 8:27pm

Sure, will do - although it won't be til next year some time and it depends on me not losing my job - banks are not safe places to work at the moment!

I agree about them not being anywhere online - been looking for ages!

My main concern is that even if I do manage to get a phone etc, too much time will have passed and I won't be able to download them anymore :(

I'm surprised I've never seen a post here from any Japanese Shining Fans who have go tthe games - I would have thought there would have been at least one!

Postby Kaihaku » Fri Jul 01 2011 5:08pm

Shining Hopeful wrote:What we really need is a Japanese mobile phone emulator, I'm sure the ROMs of those mobile phone Shining games are already online somewhere.

Interesting... If the ROMs are available, then there must be an emulator available as well.
The Once and Future Kai
"The quick brown vox jumps ofer the lazy dog"
The Once and Future Kai
Kaihaku

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Dr. Casey » Mon Jul 04 2011 10:45pm

Kaihaku wrote:
Shining Hopeful wrote:What we really need is a Japanese mobile phone emulator, I'm sure the ROMs of those mobile phone Shining games are already online somewhere.

Interesting... If the ROMs are available, then there must be an emulator available as well.

:blush:
Dr. Casey

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Kaihaku » Fri Jul 08 2011 3:18pm

*cough* Allow me to introduce you to KEmulator Lite.

Her pedigree is excellent, she comes recommended by Dragon Quest fans. Now someone find those jar files and the game files.
The Once and Future Kai
The Once and Future Kai
Kaihaku

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Shining Hopeful » Fri Jul 08 2011 5:10pm

Nice intro, except I don't have a rapidshare account. Does the emulator have a website?
Shining Hopeful

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Kaihaku » Fri Jul 08 2011 5:22pm

Opps, I thought the blog had uploaded it. The Dragon's Den thread was referencing a mediafire download, so I decided to avoid it but it looks like I stumbled into rapidshare instead.

As near as I can tell, KEmulator Lite is abandonware from the Windows 2000 days. So no website or official distribution network.

You can try getting it from mediafire as described here or here's a youtube describing how to get it from uploading.
The Once and Future Kai
The Once and Future Kai
Kaihaku

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Alones » Wed Nov 02 2011 12:47am

That emulator is for running java mobile games. The japanese ones are different.
Alones

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby noomi » Sat Mar 28 2015 7:31am

I'm surprised I've never seen a post here from any Japanese Shining Fans who have go tthe games - I would have thought there would have been at least one!
imran
imran
noomi

Return to Shining Mobile Games