I come bearing news of a new Shining game!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11 2007 11:27pm
by Tarethen
...However, if you're like me, as soon as I saw it I immediately went "feck."

http://shining-world.jp/mobile/exa/

Shining Force Exa... Mobile. feck. But, it looks strangely like a SRPG.

Re: I come bearing news of a new Shining game!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12 2007 1:39am
by Flaming Manakin
I agree, it does look like an SRPG. There is a picture of two warriors facing an enemy of some kind which looks very force-esque. What an irony it is that the only strategy shinign games they make are mobile games which will never see the light of day in GBR or the US.

Is it possible to emulate mobile phone games/ play ROMs of them?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12 2007 3:24pm
by Sailorcancer
Oh where to start....

Sega you got the right idea, but not the right way of showing it. Yes this is the shining game we want, but not on the mobile phone.

Now if this came state side I would download it :3

Now onto the game... WTF are with the graphics? a Mobile phone can do A LOT better then that. That looks like some game I played a demo of on my cell phone from 2004. Modern day cell phones can easily push out graphics that look like PS/Sat games.

Weird that a sequel to a game like EXA would be on a cell phone.

Seriously though Sega put a real Shining game on the PSP! The PSP is getting a CRAP LOAD of SRPGs! Jump on the bandwagon, it wouldn't be that hard to make one, I mean you have everything already down. It would be easy and you'd be making lots of people happy :3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20 2007 11:53pm
by G.G
Damn, it really looks like a "real" shining game. But why on mobile??? :damnit:

The design is awful though, they look like Guilty Gear characters ;) even if they look better on the fighting scene.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30 2007 4:13am
by Ansa
FEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY FINALLY MAKE A REAL SHINING FORCE GAME AND THEY PUT IT SO WE'LL NEVER SEE A TRANSLATION OF IT!?

FECK YOU SEGA JUST FECK YOU!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30 2007 5:12am
by Rusty
G.G @ Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:53 pm) wrote: Damn, it really looks like a "real" shining game. But why on mobile??? :damnit:

Sega thinks the latest systems are 'above' SRPGs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30 2007 1:03pm
by Thief
Goddess of Dawn for the Wii says something different though.

If (the Force forbids) consoles are too much for them, why not capitalise on the growing handheld market? I'm sure PSP and NDS would be far better suited for gaming than mere mobile phones.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30 2007 4:08pm
by Shining Hopeful
Some-one somewhere will translate this one day. And a mobile phone emulator will probably pop up too, even a Japanese one.

So this game will be available one day, by a "back door".

But yes I would love to see a proper game machine carry a real Shining game, as we all would.

Then again I'm currently playing Fire Emblem 5 on my SNES emulator, and Fire Emblem 6 on my GBA emulator, both supposedly "Japan only" games.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30 2007 5:17pm
by G.G
Rusty @ Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:12 am) wrote: Sega thinks the latest systems are 'above' SRPGs.

Could have been on the GBA, or the DS... after all they did it for ROTDD :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30 2007 10:51pm
by Trunks61
Damn. It actually looks really good. I'd love a port over to a handheld.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31 2007 6:28am
by Sailorcancer
G.G @ Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:17 pm) wrote: Could have been on the GBA, or the DS... after all they did it for ROTDD :(

Thats just stupid logic on Sega behalf. I found it funny only because they said that the PS2 was beyond that. But the PS2 had a bunch of SRPG/TRPGs on it. Some the huge hits on the console.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01 2007 5:26am
by Thief
I wonder if the only PS2 sRPGs they bothered looking at was Disgaea... (shudders at the thought of recycled grindfest gameplay and PSX-quality graphics for the upcoming Disgaea 3 for PS3!)

All of those mobile phone based Shining titles resemble some kind of sRPGs, really. From the Gaiden-port Chronicles, to Shining Road and now this mobile version of Exa. Mobile phones are huge in Japan, so it's of little wonder they'd go down that road somehow, compared to the current unstable startup competition between the three major consoles.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02 2007 3:59pm
by Silverwolf X
Oh please, what'd you expect from a company that recycles map sets, graphics and music from previous releases?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08 2007 10:28pm
by Shining Wolf
Tarethen @ Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:27 pm) wrote: ...However, if you're like me, as soon as I saw it I immediately went "feck."

http://shining-world.jp/mobile/exa/

Shining Force Exa... Mobile. feck. But, it looks strangely like a SRPG.

Hey atleast it looks like a shining game. Its more than we have had for awhile right?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10 2007 12:24am
by Gaplka the Bioz
For a second I saw the "PLAYSTATION 2" thing and I'm all this can't be on the PS2, but silently I prayed for it to be on the PS2. Cause I feel like using my swap magic again. Even though I Used it like 15 minuets ago.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24 2009 4:13pm
by Shining Hopeful
Okay, I have to ask. If these games on Japanese mobile phones are close to the original Shining Force games that we all love; what are the odds of some-one out there emulating the Japanese phones?

I mean how complicated can a mobile phone's OS be? Plus how big can the ROMs of the games be? They can't, on average, be much worse than a GBA, and that's been emulated perfectly for some time.

I'm aware we have an embarassment of riches at the moment with Shining Force Feather and the fan DS remake of SF2, but even then I would still hope that in the not-too-distant future some back bedroom wizard is going to announce an emulator for those Japanese phones.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24 2009 5:01pm
by alex_man
Yes but a mobile emulator you watch the rom very small like in your mobile, I prefer to remake them to other console than a mobile emulator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24 2009 6:38pm
by Thief
Some mobile phones have screens as big as one DS' screen, and a few have even bigger ones. Emulators can always have like Zoom 2x feature like movie players, so it's just an additional function.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25 2009 2:46am
by Vyk
Interesting...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06 2014 7:23am
by khushfehmi045
I found it funny only because they said that the PS2 was beyond that. But the PS2 had a bunch of SRPG/TRPGs on it. Some the huge hits on the console.??

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06 2014 7:23am
by khushfehmi045
I found it funny only because they said that the PS2 was beyond that. But the PS2 had a bunch of SRPG/TRPGs on it. Some the huge hits on the console.??

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2015 10:03pm
by Wanuska
They do not care about occident, and Japanese audience love newer Shining Force. So these mobile games were only made to advertise PS2 games.
And Square Enix did the same thing on FOMA phones with The Forbidden Series.
So it wasn't a stupid idea at all. For us, it sucks because we do not have access to these games. But again, that is not their problem at all.