Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Satellite Magic

Here's the place to discuss the "Resurrection of the Dark Dragon" game for GBA. Note that the original Shining Force has a seperate forum.

Satellite Magic

Postby Caedmonball19 » Fri Aug 26 2016 4:17pm

Okay so I have a new theory (I think a better explanation) about Darksol's explanation for magic. Darksol says:

But over this continent floats a man-made star, which emits an invisible power.
That power is the source of all the magic on Rune.
And now it is gathering at the Tower and being channeled to Dark Dragon...

While we all agree that All Magic coming from this star is ridiculous and flat out wrong (Maybe even Darksol himself is just incorrect but doesn't know any better, we all say incorrect things every day :) ), maybe there is some truth to the thought. In one of the add on books this was translated in another thread.

Those shoulder pads the mages wear have magical focusing crystals in them that help them cast spells. That's why every magic user has the mondo-shiny shoulder pads.

So it's entirely feasible and quite believable that the ancients with their advanced technology were able to float out a large 'crystal' that communicates with the Ancient Tower. The crystal simply focuses concentrated magic to it's intended target. This would explain why when Kane destroys the machine on the top of the tower that everyone is still able to use magic.

So in Darksol's defense he never says Satellite but can we agree he is just wrong in his 3 sentence explanation to Max? I like envisioning a "mondo-shiny" crystal in the sky. If the ancients can develop teleporting pads and suits I think they can float a crystal into space.

EDIT:
As soon as I posted I caught something else. Darksol says:
over this continent

Meaning Rune so he is not even implying that it's in outer space. It could simply be a crystal floating somewhere above the tower. He could have said over this world but doesn't. Obviously in LOGI no other continents existed yet as creators had not written SF2 or FC, but in ROTDD creators knew about all the other games.
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Re: Satellite Magic

Postby Eric » Sat Aug 27 2016 9:29pm

I think he was talking about all this magic associated with Dark Dragon. Im not convinced that it is related to the wizard's magic. However, I an positive it fuels Max's Supernova magic.
Eric

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Satellite Magic

Postby Caedmonball19 » Mon Aug 29 2016 2:14pm

That power is the source of all the magic on Rune

This quote makes me think otherwise. Although as I said I think he is mistaken on that point as nothing else points in that direction. I agree that the Chaos Breaker could be another channel of directing this "focusing crystal" besides just the transmitter on the top of the Ancient Tower.
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Return to Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon