Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Sega's official wallpapers reworked for widescreen

Here's the place to discuss the "Resurrection of the Dark Dragon" game for GBA. Note that the original Shining Force has a seperate forum.

Sega's official wallpapers reworked for widescreen

Postby amitrius17 » Thu Jan 02 2014 4:53am

As you know, Sega didn't make any widescreen wallpapers for Shining Force RotDD since widescreen wasn't common back then. I decided to remedy the matter by flexing my Photoshop muscle :3

This wallpaper was easy. I recreated the dark clouds and carefully blended them into the artwork's existing clouds. I extended the tips of the dark dargon's wings and gave them a slight motion blur, just like the artwork's existing wings.
- 1280x800
- 1366x768
- 1440x900
- 1600x900
- 1920x1080

This wallpaper was tricky. I had to crop it :( I hated doing that, but given the circumstances of this wallpaper I was forced to. If I simply extended the left & right sides like I did in the above wallpaper, I'd have to redraw nearly half of the dragon. That would take forever. So I filled the wallpaper to the left & right widescreen edges and cropped the top & bottom. The Shining Force logo was cut so I had to cover it up. To avoid redrawing the dragon's lower half I duplicated pieces of the rock from the right side of the artwork. I drew some smoke to help differentiate that area. Even after doing all that I still had to redraw some pieces of the dragon.
- 1280x800
- 1366x768
- 1400x900
- 1600x900
- 1920x1080
amitrius17

Re: Sega's official wallpapers reworked for widescreen

Postby Kcid » Fri Jan 03 2014 1:26am

nice
"And if you tell anyone, nobody will find you ever again."
http://iidx.solidstatesquad.com/siginclude/959.png
"And if you tell anyone, nobody will find you ever again."