Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

The Legendary Shield Ring

It can be yours !

Here's the place to discuss the "Resurrection of the Dark Dragon" game for GBA. Note that the original Shining Force has a seperate forum.

Re: The Legendary Shield Ring

Postby Doomblade66 » Thu Jun 11 2009 12:44pm

Hey Balbazak. I saw your updated commentary on my old thread, and was inspired to post again after a long (very !) absence. I'm glad you are having some success finally ! (at least one ring).

As I noted before...it seemed the game will not allow the drops to happen unless you get a magical spell or effect (as someone said, the Doomblade instant-kill from Hanzou may likely "count as" the Desoul spell / effect and thus be allowed to drop rings from it).

So Tao, Anri, and Domingo end up being my primary Ring Gatherers (or did.....sadly, I had to give up my obsession and sell my GBA - to get a PSP - - I just had to let it go ....I think I finished the 8th playthrough - then stopped//sold it).

Now....to your question...I would recommend at least 2-per character....some guys, like Domingo, naturally would benefit from 4 ! Since he doesn't need a weapon....you aren't losing anything. And his awesome defense, FURTHER boosted by a potential +16 DEF bonus from the 4 rings, would make him pretty well invulnerable, even for the annoying ATT-99 enemies you meet on the later playthroughs of the abominably addictive game.

----------------------

Lastly...I'd like to think I have not CREATED a monster....the monster that is Balbazak has existed long before me....all I've done is awaken his insatiable hunger to hoard special items ! (From Evil Rings ....to Shield Rings......the Circle is Complete ! :) Mwhahaahaha !)
Doomblade66

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Balbazak » Mon Jun 15 2009 5:25am

No more GBA?!?? ;)
Oh well, thanks for replying though! :)

I did get another ring last night! (HUZZAH!)
It does take a very long time, even with the RNG trick, but at least I got fast at it:
It takes about 1/2 a second for each RNGA now... :)

You're right about Domingo, he has no reason not to have four...
And the Leader already has the White ring and my first Shield ring, that's +10, and then Mawlock's +15 with the Colossus Card... :shock:
Those rings are very useful...

I'll continue to keep a semi-up-to-date record in my signature son you guys and gals can stay posted. :)

17th star, here I come!

EDIT:
Got another Shield ring last night, these things are so stubborn... :(
Balbazak can often be heard, saying "I like stars" while being drunk.

:thumbsup:

Balbazak

The Star Lord
Shining Legend

Postby Doomblade66 » Sun Jun 28 2009 5:11am

Good work Big-B. I think I ended up with 6 or 7 when I proceeded....but I was only on the 8th Star....considerably different than your playthrough. I would recommend quite a few more for you. I am glad I was able to find out this discovery though....as it is otherwise completely hidden in the game (they give you no clue that it is even possible to get these things).
Doomblade66

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Kaz » Sun Jun 28 2009 7:49am

Doomblade66 @ Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:44 pm) wrote: Hey Balbazak. I saw your updated commentary on my old thread, and was inspired to post again after a long (very !) absence. I'm glad you are having some success finally ! (at least one ring).

As I noted before...it seemed the game will not allow the drops to happen unless you get a magical spell or effect (as someone said, the Doomblade instant-kill from Hanzou may likely "count as" the Desoul spell / effect and thus be allowed to drop rings from it).

So Tao, Anri, and Domingo end up being my primary Ring Gatherers (or did.....sadly, I had to give up my obsession and sell my GBA - to get a PSP - - I just had to let it go ....I think I finished the 8th playthrough - then stopped//sold it).

Now....to your question...I would recommend at least 2-per character....some guys, like Domingo, naturally would benefit from 4 ! Since he doesn't need a weapon....you aren't losing anything. And his awesome defense, FURTHER boosted by a potential +16 DEF bonus from the 4 rings, would make him pretty well invulnerable, even for the annoying ATT-99 enemies you meet on the later playthroughs of the abominably addictive game.

----------------------

Lastly...I'd like to think I have not CREATED a monster....the monster that is Balbazak has existed long before me....all I've done is awaken his insatiable hunger to hoard special items ! (From Evil Rings ....to Shield Rings......the Circle is Complete ! :) Mwhahaahaha !)

Wait so you sold your GBA for... a game system with a better screen/better sound/ better battery life/ rechargeable batteries/ ability to play GBA games with savestates & screenshots / ability to play music, browse the internet and run homebrew / ability to play classic PS1 games.

:confused:

I played about 8 play throughs then lost my save state. I'll probably continue on my psp now that I've got 4.01 m33 installed.
Kaz

Suspended Indefinitely
Shining Member

Postby Balbazak » Sun Jun 28 2009 6:45pm

Doomblade66 @ Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:11 pm) wrote:Good work Big-B. I think I ended up with 6 or 7 when I proceeded....but I was only on the 8th Star....considerably different than your playthrough. I would recommend quite a few more for you. I am glad I was able to find out this discovery though....as it is otherwise completely hidden in the game (they give you no clue that it is even possible to get these things).

Thanks Doomblade, But I have one more question for you:
Were you ever able to get both of the Dullahans to drop both the rings in the same battle?
I'm having trouble with the second enemy, the first dropped it on the 2nd RNGA, but this other guy is acting like it's super-glued to his finger. :angry:

Balbazak

The Star Lord
Shining Legend

Postby rid1ey » Thu Sep 26 2019 5:03pm

Very useful topic ...have every type of ring in my inventory - thanks
Switch Friend code: SW-6146-8724-6311
3DS Friend Code: 1736-1423-5795
Xbox 360 Gamertag: rid1ey
Switch Friend code: SW-6146-8724-6311
3DS Friend Code: 1736-1423-5795