Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

a few questions about ROTDD

cards and new game plus

Here's the place to discuss the "Resurrection of the Dark Dragon" game for GBA. Note that the original Shining Force has a seperate forum.

a few questions about ROTDD

Postby rid1ey » Wed Apr 05 2017 8:42am

do you need all cards first bar mawlock's to get his (mawlock) friendship card?

are there any game breaking tips to speed run my second playthrough to pick up missed cards?

mawlock is a fun addition!

are cards the only thing that carry over to a new game+? not gold or items in your storage box?
Xbox 360 Gamertag: rid1ey
3DS Friend Code: 1736-1423-5797
Switch Friend code: SW-6146-8724-6311
rid1ey

Re: a few questions about ROTDD

Postby MCRT » Wed Apr 05 2017 10:26am

rid1ey wrote:do you need all cards first bar mawlock's to get his (mawlock) friendship card?

You can actually get it when playing throug the game the first time. You just have to use him in battle (without dying) and talk to him after every fight. Then he will tell you the whole card doc story... and after you heard the whole story, he gives you his card.

rid1ey wrote:
are there any game breaking tips to speed run my second playthrough to pick up missed cards?

If you have to pick up many missing cards, you cannot really do a speed run, as some cards (like the colossus card) require that certain enemies have to be killed by certain character or that you have to use characters and listen to their full story in the HQ to get the cards. The best is to check out a guide about card locations and then you decide on your own which for you important cards are missing.

When you really just want to speedrun the game, creating a hanzou clone, make him flying and give him double turns. With this unit just fly to the leader and one-shot him via RNGA due to the instant kill feature of Hanzou's weapon.

Also farming the mage in the last battle of chapter 1 to get evil rings is also very efficient to speed up your run through the game.

rid1ey wrote:mawlock is a fun addition!

He actually is, especially the almost endless tactical possibilities he offers.
The only thing I don't like about him is how they kind-of intentional make him not fitting the design of the rest of the characters and the shining lore in general. But looking only on his worth in-game, he is great.

rid1ey wrote:are cards the only thing that carry over to a new game+? not gold or items in your storage box?

Exactly, only the cards.
MCRT

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby monkbarron » Sat May 27 2017 4:07pm

I've been looking for this for a while, and I myself have some questions;
Can Jogurt actually level up? I think I used his ring on him one time and he actually did, but I'm not sure.
What happens after beating the game twice, with Mawlock from the start?
Is it best to have your characters promoted before or AFTER the chapter two boss? I usually only have Max, Gong, Mae, Gort, and Anri on the team at that point, along with Khris as the rest are useless to me.
How powerful is Narsha at level 99? I want to know if she is worth getting up that high.
:sleep: Z Will Always Dominate Any SF TAS :sleep:
:sleep: Z Will Always Dominate Any SF TAS :sleep:
monkbarron

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby rid1ey » Tue Aug 22 2017 6:55pm

MCRT wrote:
rid1ey wrote:do you need all cards first bar mawlock's to get his (mawlock) friendship card?

You can actually get it when playing throug the game the first time. You just have to use him in battle (without dying) and talk to him after every fight. Then he will tell you the whole card doc story... and after you heard the whole story, he gives you his card.

rid1ey wrote:

If you have to pick up many missing cards, you cannot really do a speed run, as some cards (like the colossus card) require that certain enemies have to be killed by certain character or that you have to use characters and listen to their full story in the HQ to get the cards. The best is to check out a guide about card locations and then you decide on your own which for you important cards are missing.

When you really just want to speedrun the game, creating a hanzou clone, make him flying and give him double turns. With this unit just fly to the leader and one-shot him via RNGA due to the instant kill feature of Hanzou's weapon.

Also farming the mage in the last battle of chapter 1 to get evil rings is also very efficient to speed up your run through the game.

rid1ey wrote:mawlock is a fun addition!

He actually is, especially the almost endless tactical possibilities he offers.
The only thing I don't like about him is how they kind-of intentional make him not fitting the design of the rest of the characters and the shining lore in general. But looking only on his worth in-game, he is great.

rid1ey wrote:are cards the only thing that carry over to a new game+? not gold or items in your storage box?

Exactly, only the cards.

thank you
rid1ey

Return to Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon