Help Needed?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14 2009 3:50pm
by Arrawnt Valhart
Hi mates.

I have to introduce myself... I'm Vincent, 25 years old, Barman, Law licensed ("License de Droit" in French), French fan of Shing series since 1993 with first Shing Force Game.

I have been interested by a long time in trying to offer a french-translated version of Shining Force III, all 3 scenarios. Shining Series is not well know in France, but has still lots of fans.

I have no idea if the translation team could be interested in such an offer... I do not write very well in english, but I can read it good, and I have a very good level in french writing and translating.
I have no skills in development, I can only offer time in writing, understanding and translating texts.

So, I seriously offer to start a french-translation project, alongside the main SFIII english translating project. If your team feels interested.
Feel free to talk me anytime, here is my msn adress: DoudouTatoo@hotmail.fr.
If Someone in the team speaks French, you can also call me at 06.63.13.00.40.

I'm seriously motivated. That may seems to be surprising, or not very usefull, but I believe this could help in extending SFIII community and SFII fame in Europe.

I hope you'll be interested.
I had no idea where to post such an offer, as I havent log on forums for a long time.

Have fun Playing mates!

Re: Help Needed?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14 2009 9:16pm
by shining_81
hi there I'm doing the the same thing as you're planning to do.
I founded the GTP. (have a look at my signature ;) )
just want to say a few words to that what you're intending to do: a project like this will take a lot of time and it's quite hard and sometimes very boring just to copy and paste various text files.
good luck to you. I hope you'll find some french speacking people who will support you. ;) ;)
best regards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14 2009 11:09pm
by Arrawnt Valhart
I'm pleased to meet your support
I'll contact you soon for further infos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15 2009 2:44am
by legalize freedom
I can certainly appreciate your enthusiasm.

We obviously have our hands full with the english translation, but would be glad to supply you (and you too shining_81) with the english txns, other files and instructions. The tools and instuctions are available in the SF3Translator download from the FTP. The read me explains everything you need to know. Otherwise, I wouldn't be willing to take effort away from our project...

If a french translation project is going to happen, a separate team will need to be assembled. If you are truly dedicated to the cause, I'm sure you can recruit some volunteers here.

You should heed the warnings however. This isn't a task for the weak at heart. We're probably looking at a 5 or 7 year total investment. Since we have done ALOT of the leg work for other projects, you might be able to deliver one in 2-3 years of steady work. That is if you want to do it right.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15 2009 10:34am
by Arrawnt Valhart
I'm Still motivated.

I have been thinking for years about doing something for SFIII community, especially to extend it's fame in France.
But as I have no skills in web-development, I never started anything.
Now that I can o something usefull, I HAVE to do it.

My first step is too assemble a small team.
If I can do it, I'll open a small board dedicated to the french project. Maybe SFC would accept to support it...?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15 2009 10:47am
by Lord Oddeye sama
I'd help but I'm already in enough projects as is, namely the english translation of SF3 to only mention one. I also have a translation of my own planned for later but that's for another game. Good luck anyhow!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15 2009 12:09pm
by Moogie
I would be happy to add subforums here for the other language versions if they have been authorised to use the tools by the English translation team :)

I should also get a move on with the translation project site, I forgot about that one >.<;; We could include a mention on there for the other language translation projects.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15 2009 12:39pm
by Arrawnt Valhart
That's a nice first step :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15 2009 9:05pm
by Squyrrel
Hi everybody

As you can see, its my first post on this forum but i always wanted to help the translation.

Why didn't i decided to help ? I don't know, perhaps that i'm not so confident in my english writting skills.

Now that a french team is on departure, i couldn't let my place to anybody. I must be a part of it.
As an advantage, i come with a lot of development skills although i haven't looked to the tools.

So Arrawnt, i would be happy to help you in this translation.
you can contact me at : julien_mabire[at]hotmail[dot]com

Squyrrel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15 2009 10:43pm
by Arrawnt Valhart
On The Way...

Check your msn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16 2009 2:08am
by Gandalf
It's really nice to start another translation project. But how legalize freedom just said, you must be really decided to go ahead with this project. Just make a good project plan, prepare yourself for some years of work, and go!

Unfortunately i can't help you very much right now... but it's my true will that you can do this job!!!

Cheers,
Gandalf.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16 2009 11:02am
by Arrawnt Valhart
Thanks anyway for your support

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25 2009 3:08pm
by franck.mail
Hi.

Neither have I programming skills nor time, but I can translate english lines into "bon fran?ais".

If you think that I can just translate english lines to french lines, with a proper format (.txt .doc what you want in fact ...), just send me an email at franckmailg(at)yahoo.fr

I'd be glad to help.

Franck

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25 2009 10:14pm
by The_Dark_Lord
Damn, I wish I could help but my french is very bad and im currently trying to get scenario 1 in portuguese( at least some of it) but the damned ISO stops when the Ishakarat appears with Fey.
But I can work with the program, so if I could help, I would need a script.
Good luck with the translation project. :)
Also if I can get the damned ISO to work, can we make a portuguese section(maybe, not sure)?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26 2009 7:48am
by Squyrrel
Hi All,

I'm working on the first step we have already identified with Arrawnt Valhart for the beginning of the project.

The feasibility study :fear:

As you perhaps know, our language includes many accented characters and character table of the game does not contain those ones.

So, the result is that :

We can add our accented characters :)

For that, we have to modify the Japanese characters in the table.
If you know some warnings about doing this.

knight0fdragon, To improve your tools for the French translation, would it be possible to have the sources ? (first, to map our French keyboard on it)

The_Dark_Lord and franck.mail, i can't already answer to your proposal as Arrawnt Valhart who handle the project is currently unavailable.

Squyrrel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26 2009 1:18pm
by legalize freedom
Editing the font is covered in the read me. You should be able to identify most of the characters based on the existing english characters and you should be able to identify the other keys by doing a quick test after creating some dummy labels for the characters.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27 2009 5:39pm
by Ailos
Hi,

This is a very exciting new project for all the french fans. I emailed Arrawnt Valhart to make my contribution to this hard task.

And some words of encouragement for the SFC team that works on the english translation. You are true devoted fans that please to see !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27 2009 6:02pm
by Arrawnt Valhart
Hi All
After being away for a few days, I report here first news from the french project.

Several motivated people contacted me, so a serious team is now gathering.

Squyrrel have made improvments into making the translator be ready for the use by the french team, so the translation should start soon.

This board shall be used by the french team for internal communication, so the most important topics will be written in french.
Despite this, any people should feel free to ask for infos, help, or anything else, even written in english, and be sure to get quick answers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01 2009 1:18am
by Rems
Salut a tous (et toutes)

comme je l'ai precedemment fait savoir a Arrawnt Vallhart, je peux donner un coup de main pour le projet en francais. Cependant, j'ai aussi offert mon aide pour le projet en anglais, et je donnerai priorite a toute tache que Legalize Freedom me donnera, sur celles que vous pourriez me donner.
Traduire de l'anglais au francais est quelque chose que je dois pouvoir faire... juste une idee en l'air... je ne sais pas a quoi votre cahier des charges ressemble. Mais donc vous pouvez compter sur moi modulo les considerations mentionnees plus haut.

Je devrais peut etre aussi preciser que j'ai des competences en programmation. Mais je ne mesure pas a quel point ecrire des codes pour faire de l'analyse de donnees en science peut aider. Je connais aussi assez bien la serie (du moins SF1/2/3/Holy Ark)... hmmm... quoi d'autre... je ne sais pas, mais on peut en discuter.

Shiningment votre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02 2009 12:07pm
by Squyrrel
Salut tout le monde,

Je reviens un peu aux nouvelles pour vous dire que je suis actuellement en attente de Knight of Dragon pour qu'il me passe les sources de son outil de traduction.
En effet, ? l'heure actuelle, il est assez difficile de travailler sur la traduction fran?aise car toute insertion de caract?re accentu? doit se faire "? l'aveugle".

Je suis ?galement en train de reconstruire toute la table de caract?res du jeu car celle-ci ne comportant pas nos caract?res accentu?s, il faut la modifier int?gralement.

J'aurais dans un premier temps voulu adapter une table de caract?re classique (ascii ?tendue genre CP1252 ou iso latin1) mais h?las, ? moins de pouvoir hacker les coordonn?es d'affichage des caract?res dans les ?crans de nommage des personnages, cela est impossible (les caract?res seraient beaucoup trop en vrac dans ces ?crans).
Il est donc n?cessaire de construire une table sp?cifique pour le jeu qui fera en sorte que les ?crans de nommage des personnages soient bien propres.

Rems, je suis heureux que tu veuilles bien nous aider dans cette aventure

Cordialement,

Squyrrel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02 2009 4:54pm
by Rems
Squyrrel @ Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:07 am) wrote: J'aurais dans un premier temps voulu adapter une table de caract?re classique (ascii ?tendue genre CP1252 ou iso latin1) mais h?las, ? moins de pouvoir hacker les coordonn?es d'affichage des caract?res dans les ?crans de nommage des personnages, cela est impossible (les caract?res seraient beaucoup trop en vrac dans ces ?crans).
Il est donc n?cessaire de construire une table sp?cifique pour le jeu qui fera en sorte que les ?crans de nommage des personnages soient bien propres.

Qu'est-ce que tu appeles les ecrans de nommage des personnages ? Si je peux bien comprendre qu'il y ait un probleme avec les caracteres specifiques du francais, en quoi les noms des personnages sont-ils concernes vu que je ne pense pas qu'ils vont etre traduits et donc ne devraient comporter aucun caractere specifique... :confused:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02 2009 11:18pm
by Squyrrel
Il n'est ?videment pas question de modifier les noms des personnages.
Cependant, cela reste une possibilit? offerte au joueur au d?but de l'aventure si l'on est pas d'accord avec le nom attribu? au h?ros.

Dans les ?crans qui s'affichent alors, le jeu propose de nommer son personnage parmi l'ensemble des caract?res du jeu.

Si l'on ne fait pas attention, le jeu proposera alors les caract?res en vrac.

Il faut donc que la table de caract?res soit adapt? au jeu pour que les caract?res soient bien "rang?s" dans ces ?crans.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03 2009 3:30pm
by Rems
Squyrrel @ Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:18 pm) wrote: Il n'est ?videment pas question de modifier les noms des personnages.
Cependant, cela reste une possibilit? offerte au joueur au d?but de l'aventure si l'on est pas d'accord avec le nom attribu? au h?ros.

Ah oui effectivement, j'avais oublie ce point la.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30 2009 6:33pm
by Prock78
Bonjour ? tous.
J'aime bien Shining Force depuis longtemps et je suis venu voir si les patchs de traduction jap->anglais avan?aient, quand j'ai vu ce topic o? il ?tait question d'une traduction Fran?aise!
Si je peux faire quelque chose pour vous aider, ?a m'int?resserait beaucoup! Je n'y connais pas grand chose en programmation informatique ni en d?veloppement mais j'ai une licence LEA anglais/espagnol, de plus j'ai un bon niveau de ma?trise de la langue fran?aise, que ce soit en vocabulaire ou en grammaire (c'est moi qui corrige les lettres et autres ?crits de mes coll?gues de travail en g?n?ral). Je me propose donc, si vous avez besoin, pour faire un peu de traduction et/ou pour r?viser/corriger les textes d?j? traduits.
Seul b?mol, m?me si je suis tr?s enthousiasm? par votre projet et tr?s d?sireux de vous aider, j'aurai probablement assez peu de temps ? consacrer, ?tant donn? que je travaille dans la journ?e et que j'ai 2 enfants en bas ?ge. Mais je peux y travailler un peu le week-end et en fin de soir?e dans la semaine.
En tout cas bon courage pour la suite! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22 2009 6:58pm
by SilverShadow
Bonjour,

ce projet, est-ce que c'est toujours en train de se faire? Moi je parle anglais comme langue maternelle mais ca fait 8 ans ou plus que j'ai ?tudi? le francais. Je suis en train de finir mes ?tudes ? l'universit? pour mon bac; j'ai suivi plusieurs cours de traduction, syntaxe, semantique, etc. donc j'ai une super bonne base pour aider avec ce projet. Avoir pass? du temps en France et au Qu?bec, cela m'aide bc aussi :p

SVP laissez-moi savoir si je peux aider de quelque mani?re que ce soit, je veux vraiment donner un coup de main avec ce projet!

PostPosted: Wed May 06 2009 7:06pm
by Woupinaiz
Bonjour.
Je suis un francais de 18 ans, je connais shining force depuis que j'ai 7 ans.
De ce fait, je serais assez motiv? pour d'effectuer quelques traductions en francais sur ce jeu.
Je suis pratiquement bilingue, j'ai v?cu quelques mois en australie, aux ?tats unis, j'ai une m?re professeur d'anglais de bons resultats en anglais.
Je suis assez disponible en ce moment pour vous aider dans ce projet, donc si vous avez un quelconque passage a me donner ? traduire, j'en serais ravi... A m'envoyer sur lyrialderoc@hotmail.fr

Merci d'avance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23 2009 3:33pm
by wcameron2005
Bonjour

Je ne sais pas si vous continuez dans ce projet ou non, mais je vais envoyer un message quand meme…

Je me suis averti par ce projet plus tot cette annee mais je viens juste de retrouver de la motivation pour vous joigner.

J’ai passe trois and au lycee Marcelin-Berthelot en France et j’y habite depuis sept ans. J’habite actuellement en Angleterre mais tot ou tard je vais retourner en France.

J’ai une assez bonne maitrise de la francais mais je suis d’origine anglais.

Etant gros fan de ce saga je serais ravi de pouvoir vous assister dans ce projet. J’hesite a le dire, mais franchement, j’ai ete un peu decu par la traduction anglaise, et donc j’ai pris la decision de rectifier la situation en vous aidant de traduire ce serie en votre belle langue.

Merci d’avance et n’hesitez pas a me contacter par email, dont mon adresse se trouve en cliquant sur mon nom.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21 2009 11:25pm
by franck.mail
Qu'en est-il du projet?

Je reitere ici ma proposition : je peux traduire, relire et corriger, mais la programmation (a moins que ca ne soit tres facile) n'est pas ma tasse de the.

Le forum de sfc n'est pas friendly avec nos accents, n'est-ce pas?

contact franckmailg(at)yahoo.fr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08 2009 4:59pm
by Rems
J'avais dis que je reservais mon aide prioritairement au projet en anglais mais il semble que pour l'instant ils aient surtout besoin de traducteurs nippon/anglais.

Je peux donc aider a traduire anglais/francais, tester, et peut etre autres activites en fonction des besoins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17 2011 6:07pm
by SilverShadow
est-ce qu'on continue ce projet? Ca fait plusieurs annees que personne ne repond, mais je m'y interesse toujours!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25 2011 11:13pm
by Zorg33
In case this project is not dead, I am offering my help with the French translation.
I'm French but live in the UK, and as a long time fan of the Shining Force series, I'd be glad to work on the translation. I'm also a translator (as in, it's my job) , which might help ! :)

Au cas où ce projet ne soit pas mort, je propose mon aide pour la traduction en français.
Je suis français, mais je vis au Royaume-Uni. Fan de longue date de la série Shining Force, je suis prêt à travailler sur la traduction avec enthousiasme ! :) Et accessoirement, je suis traducteur et linguiste (c'est mon métier).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15 2013 9:54am
by 4ldo
Hi everybody,

I'm very interested in helping you with the french translation of the complete shining force III serie.

I studied english at the university, and even if I do not really need it in my every day work, I would be glad to help

you.