Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project: French
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Help Needed?

Serious Offer

A place for those working on the Shining Force III French Translation Patch.

Help Needed?

Postby Arrawnt Valhart » Wed Jan 14 2009 3:50pm

Hi mates.

I have to introduce myself... I'm Vincent, 25 years old, Barman, Law licensed ("License de Droit" in French), French fan of Shing series since 1993 with first Shing Force Game.

I have been interested by a long time in trying to offer a french-translated version of Shining Force III, all 3 scenarios. Shining Series is not well know in France, but has still lots of fans.

I have no idea if the translation team could be interested in such an offer... I do not write very well in english, but I can read it good, and I have a very good level in french writing and translating.
I have no skills in development, I can only offer time in writing, understanding and translating texts.

So, I seriously offer to start a french-translation project, alongside the main SFIII english translating project. If your team feels interested.
Feel free to talk me anytime, here is my msn adress: DoudouTatoo@hotmail.fr.
If Someone in the team speaks French, you can also call me at 06.63.13.00.40.

I'm seriously motivated. That may seems to be surprising, or not very usefull, but I believe this could help in extending SFIII community and SFII fame in Europe.

I hope you'll be interested.
I had no idea where to post such an offer, as I havent log on forums for a long time.

Have fun Playing mates!

Re: Help Needed?

Postby shining_81 » Wed Jan 14 2009 9:16pm

hi there I'm doing the the same thing as you're planning to do.
I founded the GTP. (have a look at my signature ;) )
just want to say a few words to that what you're intending to do: a project like this will take a lot of time and it's quite hard and sometimes very boring just to copy and paste various text files.
good luck to you. I hope you'll find some french speacking people who will support you. ;) ;)
best regards
GERMAN TRANSLATION PROJECT!!! (sf3 scn1,2,3&pd)
(every support is welcome...)

http://www.xpbulletin.de/t42479-0.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

~fate has thrown us together~
---------------------------------------
~in future we shall share a drink~
~when in doubt..., just choke him out ^-^~
Stille... ist ein Schweigen, das dem Menschen Augen und Ohren öffnet... zu einer anderen Welt...
GERMAN TRANSLATION PROJECT!!! (sf3 scn1,2,3&pd)
(every support is welcome...)

http://www.xpbulletin.de/t42479-0.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

~fate has thrown us together~
~in future we shall share a drink~
~when in doubt..., just choke him out ^-^~
Stille... ist ein Schweigen, das dem Menschen Augen und Ohren öffnet... zu einer anderen Welt...
shining_81

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Arrawnt Valhart » Wed Jan 14 2009 11:09pm

I'm pleased to meet your support
I'll contact you soon for further infos

Postby legalize freedom » Thu Jan 15 2009 2:44am

I can certainly appreciate your enthusiasm.

We obviously have our hands full with the english translation, but would be glad to supply you (and you too shining_81) with the english txns, other files and instructions. The tools and instuctions are available in the SF3Translator download from the FTP. The read me explains everything you need to know. Otherwise, I wouldn't be willing to take effort away from our project...

If a french translation project is going to happen, a separate team will need to be assembled. If you are truly dedicated to the cause, I'm sure you can recruit some volunteers here.

You should heed the warnings however. This isn't a task for the weak at heart. We're probably looking at a 5 or 7 year total investment. Since we have done ALOT of the leg work for other projects, you might be able to deliver one in 2-3 years of steady work. That is if you want to do it right.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Arrawnt Valhart » Thu Jan 15 2009 10:34am

I'm Still motivated.

I have been thinking for years about doing something for SFIII community, especially to extend it's fame in France.
But as I have no skills in web-development, I never started anything.
Now that I can o something usefull, I HAVE to do it.

My first step is too assemble a small team.
If I can do it, I'll open a small board dedicated to the french project. Maybe SFC would accept to support it...?

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Thu Jan 15 2009 10:47am

I'd help but I'm already in enough projects as is, namely the english translation of SF3 to only mention one. I also have a translation of my own planned for later but that's for another game. Good luck anyhow!
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Postby Moogie » Thu Jan 15 2009 12:09pm

I would be happy to add subforums here for the other language versions if they have been authorised to use the tools by the English translation team :)

I should also get a move on with the translation project site, I forgot about that one >.<;; We could include a mention on there for the other language translation projects.
The SFC Forum RPG is now live! Enjoy :)
rpg.php
The SFC Forum RPG is now live! Enjoy :)
rpg.php
Moogie

Goddess of all things Shining
Administrator

Postby Arrawnt Valhart » Thu Jan 15 2009 12:39pm

That's a nice first step :)

Postby Squyrrel » Thu Jan 15 2009 9:05pm

Hi everybody

As you can see, its my first post on this forum but i always wanted to help the translation.

Why didn't i decided to help ? I don't know, perhaps that i'm not so confident in my english writting skills.

Now that a french team is on departure, i couldn't let my place to anybody. I must be a part of it.
As an advantage, i come with a lot of development skills although i haven't looked to the tools.

So Arrawnt, i would be happy to help you in this translation.
you can contact me at : julien_mabire[at]hotmail[dot]com

Squyrrel
Squyrrel

Postby Arrawnt Valhart » Thu Jan 15 2009 10:43pm

On The Way...

Check your msn

Postby Gandalf » Fri Jan 16 2009 2:08am

It's really nice to start another translation project. But how legalize freedom just said, you must be really decided to go ahead with this project. Just make a good project plan, prepare yourself for some years of work, and go!

Unfortunately i can't help you very much right now... but it's my true will that you can do this job!!!

Cheers,
Gandalf.
Gandalf

Postby Arrawnt Valhart » Fri Jan 16 2009 11:02am

Thanks anyway for your support

Postby franck.mail » Sun Jan 25 2009 3:08pm

Hi.

Neither have I programming skills nor time, but I can translate english lines into "bon fran?ais".

If you think that I can just translate english lines to french lines, with a proper format (.txt .doc what you want in fact ...), just send me an email at franckmailg(at)yahoo.fr

I'd be glad to help.

Franck
franck.mail

Postby The_Dark_Lord » Sun Jan 25 2009 10:14pm

Damn, I wish I could help but my french is very bad and im currently trying to get scenario 1 in portuguese( at least some of it) but the damned ISO stops when the Ishakarat appears with Fey.
But I can work with the program, so if I could help, I would need a script.
Good luck with the translation project. :)
Also if I can get the damned ISO to work, can we make a portuguese section(maybe, not sure)?
The_Dark_Lord

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Squyrrel » Mon Jan 26 2009 7:48am

Hi All,

I'm working on the first step we have already identified with Arrawnt Valhart for the beginning of the project.

The feasibility study :fear:

As you perhaps know, our language includes many accented characters and character table of the game does not contain those ones.

So, the result is that :

We can add our accented characters :)

For that, we have to modify the Japanese characters in the table.
If you know some warnings about doing this.

knight0fdragon, To improve your tools for the French translation, would it be possible to have the sources ? (first, to map our French keyboard on it)

The_Dark_Lord and franck.mail, i can't already answer to your proposal as Arrawnt Valhart who handle the project is currently unavailable.

Squyrrel
Squyrrel

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Jan 26 2009 1:18pm

Editing the font is covered in the read me. You should be able to identify most of the characters based on the existing english characters and you should be able to identify the other keys by doing a quick test after creating some dummy labels for the characters.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Ailos » Tue Jan 27 2009 5:39pm

Hi,

This is a very exciting new project for all the french fans. I emailed Arrawnt Valhart to make my contribution to this hard task.

And some words of encouragement for the SFC team that works on the english translation. You are true devoted fans that please to see !
Ailos

Postby Arrawnt Valhart » Tue Jan 27 2009 6:02pm

Hi All
After being away for a few days, I report here first news from the french project.

Several motivated people contacted me, so a serious team is now gathering.

Squyrrel have made improvments into making the translator be ready for the use by the french team, so the translation should start soon.

This board shall be used by the french team for internal communication, so the most important topics will be written in french.
Despite this, any people should feel free to ask for infos, help, or anything else, even written in english, and be sure to get quick answers.

Postby Rems » Sun Mar 01 2009 1:18am

Salut a tous (et toutes)

comme je l'ai precedemment fait savoir a Arrawnt Vallhart, je peux donner un coup de main pour le projet en francais. Cependant, j'ai aussi offert mon aide pour le projet en anglais, et je donnerai priorite a toute tache que Legalize Freedom me donnera, sur celles que vous pourriez me donner.
Traduire de l'anglais au francais est quelque chose que je dois pouvoir faire... juste une idee en l'air... je ne sais pas a quoi votre cahier des charges ressemble. Mais donc vous pouvez compter sur moi modulo les considerations mentionnees plus haut.

Je devrais peut etre aussi preciser que j'ai des competences en programmation. Mais je ne mesure pas a quel point ecrire des codes pour faire de l'analyse de donnees en science peut aider. Je connais aussi assez bien la serie (du moins SF1/2/3/Holy Ark)... hmmm... quoi d'autre... je ne sais pas, mais on peut en discuter.

Shiningment votre
Qui fait le malin, tombe dans le ravin.
Hop ! Bof...
Qui fait le malin, tombe dans le ravin.
Hop ! Bof...
Rems

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Squyrrel » Mon Mar 02 2009 12:07pm

Salut tout le monde,

Je reviens un peu aux nouvelles pour vous dire que je suis actuellement en attente de Knight of Dragon pour qu'il me passe les sources de son outil de traduction.
En effet, ? l'heure actuelle, il est assez difficile de travailler sur la traduction fran?aise car toute insertion de caract?re accentu? doit se faire "? l'aveugle".

Je suis ?galement en train de reconstruire toute la table de caract?res du jeu car celle-ci ne comportant pas nos caract?res accentu?s, il faut la modifier int?gralement.

J'aurais dans un premier temps voulu adapter une table de caract?re classique (ascii ?tendue genre CP1252 ou iso latin1) mais h?las, ? moins de pouvoir hacker les coordonn?es d'affichage des caract?res dans les ?crans de nommage des personnages, cela est impossible (les caract?res seraient beaucoup trop en vrac dans ces ?crans).
Il est donc n?cessaire de construire une table sp?cifique pour le jeu qui fera en sorte que les ?crans de nommage des personnages soient bien propres.

Rems, je suis heureux que tu veuilles bien nous aider dans cette aventure

Cordialement,

Squyrrel
Squyrrel

Next

Return to SFIII Translation Project: French