Scenario 1 Title

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28 2006 12:56pm
by legalize freedom
If you prefer a different variation than those listed, please list your choice in a post.

Re: Scenario 1 Title

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28 2006 11:50pm
by Dr. Doom
too bad the unholy warrior didnt make it on there cuz they were my fav

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29 2006 12:07am
by jomontferrand
I like the original but if we have to choose... The Titan of Aspia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29 2006 1:27am
by Demonic Weasel
Ditto to above.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29 2006 1:33am
by Dr. Doom
im glad one of my listed titles is being chosen out of the ones there that is the best one

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29 2006 8:20pm
by Sioxnarf
The Titan of Aspia sounds better to the ear :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01 2006 3:59pm
by Dorsk8199
I vote original title as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01 2006 4:12pm
by legalize freedom
I'm not sure what you guys mean by "original title"...

Maybe you mean "previously translated title that I'm used to".

We are talking about the original japanese title. Technically, all of these titles are translations of the original title, it is just about what words (grammer and meaning wise) fits best with the english language and culture.

If anything the original translation is shaky, considering the japanese title is referring to the capital (as in the capital city), so kingdom doesn't really describe a city. It still works and makes sense, and many people would prefer it, but it is not exactly accurate. That is not to say it isn't the best choice... That is what this poll will determine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01 2006 4:18pm
by masquirinsears
the titan of aspia or one I thought of

the quest of freedom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01 2006 5:10pm
by alex_man
Titan Warrior of the Kingdom for me and the Collosus is a monster of scenario 3 right? :confused:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01 2006 5:15pm
by Swalchy
Titan Warrior of the Kingdom - 5
The Titan of Aspia - 5

We have a tie at the moment :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01 2006 5:44pm
by Kazgaroth
God Warrior of Aspia.

It still has that charm to it, the others sound cliched/boring.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02 2006 9:49am
by Moogie
Swalchy @ Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:15 pm) wrote: Titan Warrior of the Kingdom - 5
The Titan of Aspia - 5

We have a tie at the moment :)

Although, if you combine "The Titan of Aspia" and "Titan of Aspia" which are pretty damn similar, we see that almost twice as many people like that slant as like TWotK.

Anyway, Lee's back at work today so will have a go with the title images soonish :) Wanna get the washing up done first ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02 2006 2:25pm
by Dr. Doom
tell me the last day for the poll so i can vote. i want to keep my options open incase another title gets put up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02 2006 6:31pm
by legalize freedom
Another couldn't be added at this point while still maintaining a fair vote...

I think the title is on this page, so vote now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02 2006 11:28pm
by Coxy
Kazgaroth @ Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:44 pm) wrote: God Warrior of Aspia.

It still has that charm to it, the others sound cliched/boring.

I'd agree with this one, the japanese name means "God Warrior" plus it sounds better

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03 2006 12:54am
by legalize freedom
In case some of you missed Aspartate's description of the title in the other thread:

Aspartate:
Title of Scenario 1: 王都の巨神
王都 = capital of a kingdom, or just a capital. Either way, Moogs is right- it's referring to Aspia City.
I wonder why it's called "God Warrior of the Kingdom". Maybe because it gives a better ring than "God Warrior of the Capital"?
Anyway, the Titanic Warrior is a legacy of the Thousand Year Kingdom. So "of kingdom" could still make sense.

巨神 = Short for 巨神戦士, which is Colossus in English Scn 1, and Titanic Warrior on SF3 cards.
巨 means gigantic, huge, great, etc. 神 means god, godly, supernatural, superhuman, etc.
Holy doesn't seem quite right. Unless a evil deity's belonging is still considered holy.
From my point of view, it got its name because of being gigantic and overwhelming, rather than being divine. A similar term also appeared in "Nausica? of the Valley of the Wind".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18 2006 12:31am
by Swalchy
Just had an idea.

Why don't we have each one as a sub-title, just people decide which one to choose before they burn the CD, but just have one as the major "Official" one?

Feel free to tell me to sod off.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18 2006 12:44pm
by legalize freedom
I thought of that a while back, but I didn't dare mention it :shifty:

My first thought is that I wouldn't ask Moogie to do more than two... and I would only ask her to do two because the other one (the most popular loser) has already been worked on and seems to be pretty close.

On the initial main group vote, the two were pretty close and I know there are some team members that prefered the old title.

I don't see any harm in giving a few people the other title. Kind of a limited edition thank you for your work on (or support of) the project. I don't think it should be made perpetually available though. One time deal to make it special.

I'm sure some people would disagree, and I can see why, but I personally think it would be ok.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19 2006 10:00am
by Moogie
I'd be happy to do a bunch of them, especially as I've been so slack the last few weeks and done nothing for this! Just let me know which ones I should do and I'll get on them ASAP - though it probably won't be until next week now as I've got a busy few days lined up!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19 2006 10:31am
by Lord Oddeye sama
Swalchy @ Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:31 am) wrote: Just had an idea.

Why don't we have each one as a sub-title, just people decide which one to choose before they burn the CD, but just have one as the major "Official" one?

Feel free to tell me to sod off.

Swalch, you're my hero. I'm for this idea.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20 2006 12:41pm
by legalize freedom
I think the 2 most popular ones is all we need.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24 2006 11:13am
by krackhead
I like the original as well, but this one from the thread gets my vote:

"God Warrior of Aspia."

Actually I think that is the best one I have heard yet....

that makes 5 votes for the original title and 3 for "god warrior", despite not even being listed in the poll choices.

Also using multiple titles might be a good idea. Im sure some people would not even care about the title since there are more important improvements anyway. Also, due to the nature of the net im sure any releases will be widely available, so If someone cares they would be able to locate the specific one that they wanted.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24 2006 5:21pm
by Rainbow-Bunny
I still think "Clash of the Shining Titans" is the best one yet. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27 2006 8:48am
by Novangel X
I think "Titan Warrior of the Kingdom" is the best one since its the closest to "God Warrior of the Kingdom"! :thumbsup: Plus seeing how it looks, I feel it works well.