Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Hi, Quick question

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Hi, Quick question

Postby khearts » Wed Aug 23 2006 12:53am

Hi,

Im not too sure if im allowed to post this here, but Ill do so and in the Translation part of the forum too.
Just got a few quick questions.
Love what this forum is doing.

I have SF3, part 1, 2 and 3 in japanese. Now I dont understand japanese much.
Ive heard The premium disk has been translated, and part 2 is being done, but what if I want to play part 1,2 and 3 with recorded data. Will Part 1 get a patch, so I can play it in english and carry on the data for part 2 and then 3. Because the pal version obviously wont, lol.

Im glad the premium disk has been done, but would the whole saga, part 1,2 and 3 all be able to be patched up?
Also has part 2 been finished? Cause on the patch, it has premium and part 2?

Thanks guys.
khearts

Re: Hi, Quick question

Postby khearts » Wed Aug 23 2006 12:54am

Hi,

Im not too sure if im allowed to post this here, but Ill do so and in the Translation part of the forum too.

Ive heard The premium disk has been translated, and part 2 is being done, but what if I want to play part 1,2 and 3 with recorded data. Will Part 1 get a patch, so I can play it in english and carry on the data for part 2 and then 3. Because the pal version obviously wont, lol.

Im glad the premium disk has been done, but would the whole saga, part 1,2 and 3 all be able to be patched up?

Thanks guys.
khearts

Postby Rainbow-Bunny » Wed Aug 23 2006 2:59am

khearts @ Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:54 pm) wrote: Hi,

Thanks guys.

The save system is the same for all regions of SF3, meaning that if you want to start Scenario 2, your PAL save from Scenario 1 will be able to work with it.

There will be no necessity to patch scenario 1 as it is available in English anyways, meaning it's a similar situation to the Shining Force gaiden I and II - they are japanese only on the game gear, but are available on Shining Force CD which was released in PAL and European territories. Personally I suggest that you use an online translation or just buy an English copy of Scenario 1 as I don't think making a translation patch for it is not a main priority right now, let alone at all.

Also, I know you are new to this forum, but you might want to read about the translation and it's status so far before asking if it's finished yet, as a lot of non-profit effort is going into this project and it's founder (Knight0fDragon) isn't keen on dealing with people requesting if it has been finished if they haven't even bothered to read up about the status of it (which if you did, you would realise that it isn't.)
Ice Cream For Crow Records - Indie cassette label based in Aberdeen, Scotland
Ice Cream For Crow Records - Indie cassette label based in Aberdeen, Scotland
Rainbow-Bunny

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Kazgaroth » Wed Aug 23 2006 10:30am

PAL Scn. one will transfer data to PAL Scn. 2.
All the games have printed translations, although with some sections missing.
Scn 2 patch is in Alpha stages, as far as I know. I don't go there much, it scares me.
Rayin wrote:Weren't you supposed to die in the war or something?
Rayin wrote:Weren't you supposed to die in the war or something?
Kazgaroth

The Scarlet Pimpernel
Shining Legend

Postby legalize freedom » Wed Aug 23 2006 12:49pm

Curious about the progress? Read the Progress Report thread. That is what it is for... an easy one stop look at where we're at.

Modifications to Sc.1 beyond what is already done will probably be done after Sc. 2 and 3 are finished. That could be a while, so you will want to get an english Sc. 1...
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby khearts » Wed Aug 23 2006 2:22pm

Thank you very much guys. I also have a pal version, remember my friend saying it wont work, so i never tried. Damn him :p
I know he's not too keen, sorry. cause I saw S2 on it, I thought it might be finished.
Im going to post on the progress report thread. I would like to help out, even if I cant translate, Ive done acting, if I wont be good enough for that, Id like to help out maybe with a bit of money, with the little money I have. lol

Thanks again guys.
khearts

Postby knight0fdragon » Thu Aug 24 2006 12:33am

Sc1j -> sc1eng could be done relativlely fast, but i do not want to put the time into it yet. A lot of lines are off, and the font is different. I do not do a lot of coding right now for this because i am trying to adapt myself to other programming areas so that i can get a real job lol

keep it to 1 area, no sense in making 2 topics, people will see it
-- ANTI ELDAR APPRECIATION SOCIETY --

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:
Aho,Belegdol,???,Aspartate,Ark666,Dr.Doom,CyberWarriorX,StoneTheRock,an.donor,legalize freedom

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
-- ANTI ELDAR APPRECIATION SOCIETY --

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:
Aho,Belegdol,???,Aspartate,Ark666,Dr.Doom,CyberWarriorX,StoneTheRock,an.donor,legalize freedom

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Return to SFIII Translation Project