Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Main Title Screens artworks

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Main Title Screens artworks

Postby Pappets » Sat Feb 03 2018 10:43pm

You have probably noticed that the title screens of each scenario are the artwork of the japanese CD covers. But i think they're bad because they are zoom in too much and i can't see much. Is it possible to do zoom out so we could see the entire artwork?
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
Pappets

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Main Title Screens artworks

Postby legalize freedom » Sun Feb 04 2018 5:20am

Cool suggestion!

Some improvements probably could be made, but the issue is the positioning of the logo around the image. The original/current "zoom" level focuses on the logo and either the Titan (Sc1) or Medion (Sc2) and it would be difficult to zoom out and achieve a better result without shrinking the logo (which ain't happening ;) ). Sc3 wouldn't need adjustment since it is pretty much zoomed out originally.

I like the thought process though. I don't know that I have ever thought of this. Thanks for the input!
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Pappets » Sun Feb 04 2018 3:12pm

Thank you for your appreciation of my suggestion. This was something i've been wanting to tell you guys of the translation project for quite some time but i eventually ended up forgetting about it.

I had this idea because I never figured what was on the title screen of scenario 1, except that it was an artwork zoomed in. And only figured it when i had the japanese version of it.

I'm not into programming but i think that if the artwork and the logotype are embedded in one another you can't separate them because they're just one. You could delete the original title screen image and substitute it by a custom one. But if they are two images, the logotype being one and the artwork being another, then i think all you have to do is to zoom out the artwork and leave the logotype as it is.
Pappets

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby legalize freedom » Sun Feb 04 2018 9:34pm

Yes, it could be done, but the issue is, once zoomed out, the logo would cover the hero's face.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Pappets » Sun Feb 04 2018 11:37pm

hmmm, i see what you mean now.
Pappets

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to SFIII Translation Project