SFIII Translation Project: SF3Patch Version 19 Released!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

SF3Patch Version 19 Released!

Post by legalize freedom »

See the official site for announcement.
http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/

Please post any issues, comments or suggestions here.
lantern48

Re: SF3Patch Version 19 Released!

Post by lantern48 »

I'm on windows 10 x64.
Can't make a working 2nd Scenario disk with update 19.
I used the isomaker patch method.
Before this, the last time I updated SF3 was in 2015 on windows 8 and had no issues.

Yabause locks up after the "Sonic and Camelot present" screen.
SFF does the same and spits out a bunch of errors.

I've noticed while making the disk that access denied popped up a few times before it finished.
I've tried running as an admin and disabled my Windows Defender security - nothing has helped.
Would really like to play v19 and any help getting this working is much appreciated.

Thank you.
Kalkano
Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Post by Kalkano »

1.jpg
I just came across the first error (that I noticed) in this playthrough.

In Scenario 2, in Anafect, a woman refers to it as "Anefect" (spelling).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Currently Re-Playing: Shining Force 3

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Thanks, Kalkano! I'll get it fixed up.
Kalkano
Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Post by Kalkano »

1.jpg
Found another one. When leaving Anafect, and Zero comes to join.

"Please allow me assist your force."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

You are on fire! I'll fix this one as well.

Thank you!
Kalkano
Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Post by Kalkano »

This is an iffy one, but I believe there should be a couple of commas in there for proper grammar:

"the capital, Aspia, is not much farther"

Edit: The second one is in David's room. As soon as you walk in, this blank box appears, and won't go away until you leave his room.

knight0fdragon
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by knight0fdragon »

It should actually be "Once the Synbios army reaches that suspension bridge; the capital, Aspia, is not much farther, is it?" Because we are breaking the sentence into two different parts. Of course I do not like the sound of that either. I would prefer "Once the Synbios army reaches that suspension bridge, the capital of Aspinia is not much farther. Isn't it?" The "isn't it" part really should be its own sentence, because it gives Uryudo a longer pause to question himself.
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

The David room issue was previously reported and fixed.

I'll get the other one fixed up. The wording is odd.

Thanks for reporting!
Chinagonuk
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Chinagonuk »

I think i’ve found another mistake:

On Scenario 2 at the very start of Chapter 6 there is a cutscene with Domaric and he asks some questions. The second question is “Should the execution be postponed?” If you answer “Yes” he agrees to postpone it and Grantrack says “On behalf of Prince Medion and I, we thank you for being so generous, Emperor Domaric.”

However, if you choise to answer “No” then Domaric says, “The death penalty will stand. I don’t wish to hear any more demands! I have already postponed the execution against my better judgement.” But Gantrack still says ”On behalf of Prince Medion and I, we thank you for being so generous, Emperor Domaric.”

Surely a different line was supposed to be here.
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Thanks for another great submission, Chin!

This is a great example, along with the currently discussed events at Elebesem Temple, of the value the translation review brings and the light it shines in places.

This is in an "unpolished" area, but according to the as-of-yet not implemented reviewed dialog, it's the answer to the no question that is misleading (among other lines). The question doesn't change what happens. In either case the need for the execution is upheld, but is postponed due to the effect it will have on Medion's attitude and support, not what effect it will have on the populace. Fiderit advises the postponement and no matter if you answer yes or no, you are still grateful he isn't going to execute them on the spot.

Without necessarily jumping ahead and doing this entire dialog, I believe updating a couple of lines will avoid this particular confusion.
Kalkano
Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Post by Kalkano »

It was smooth sailing for a while, but I found a couple more (both in scenario 2, chapter 5). The first is a normal typo.
1.jpg
"is a guilty"

The second one is confusing, because I had just walked outside of Garvin's mansion after saving Domaric, and he was in that room writing the letter. When I walked outside, Honesty came by and said that she had the letter and was concerned about it. I went back into the mansion and talked to Fiderit who was still standing outside the room Domaric is in, and he said this.
2.jpg
I think it's just stated poorly, and it should be more like "Now that the letter has been written, Domaric will be resting."

Also, for future reference, should we keep posting ones like the second one, or just stick to typos/misspellings for now?

legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Both great finds and I have fixed them up.

Yes, by all means report anything that doesn't seem right. This part of the game hasn't been polished yet, but it's always good to smooth out any obvious bumps.

Thanks!
Kalkano
Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Post by Kalkano »

This one is in Storich, Scenario 2, Chapter 6. It deals with the spelling of "Walcuray" (which is the correct spelling, if I'm remembering correctly).
1.jpg

legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Yes, correct.

Fixed!
Kalkano
Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Post by Kalkano »

I recently started Scenario 3, and I have (I think) my first find. In the final battle of Chapter 1, against Goriate and the Walcuray, this is the "Advice" Bresby gives when you select that option from the menu (2 images, same conversation):
1.jpg
2.jpg
This is at the very beginning of the battle, so Gracia has not yet disabled the Staff of Besem, by hitting it with his spell.

legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Thanks!

I'll get it fixed up.

There are three advice lines for this battle. I'm guessing one before you cast shining, one after and one if Gracia runs out of MP before casting.

Can you capture the other two for me to verify?

Thanks!
Kalkano
Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Post by Kalkano »

Bookshelf in the barracks in Baersol (Scenario 3, Chapter 3).
1.jpg
"Soliders"

Edit: Sorry about the previous one. I just saw your edit, and I'm already past that battle. I didn't check the advice after the beginning of the battle.

Edit 2: There seems to be a problem with the Aspia Item Shop owner (Scenario 3, Chapter 4), when buying haggles. There is a space missing after "The" at the beginning of each sentence. I haven't noticed this in any other town.
2.jpg
3.jpg
Edit 3: In Scenario 3, Chapter 4, in Aural village:

Both the Item Shop owner and the Blacksmith use an alternate spelling, "Mythril". Everywhere else, it's "Mithril".

I can't attach any more screenshots to this post. If you reply, let me know if you need to see them, and I'll attach them to the next post.

Chinagonuk
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Chinagonuk »

Typo in Scenario 3, Chapter 3 immediately after Battle 9

"Use should be "used".
Kalkano
Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Post by Kalkano »

I've got quite a few built up from my last post.

In Scenario 3, talking to Gabriel, one of his lines starts to run off the screen a bit. I think all of the text is visible. It just looks bad.
1.jpg
In Chapter 6, before you go out to find Synbios, and are not sure what's happened to him. Spiriel (in HQ) says "if they had laid a finger on him", as in past tense. But, since we don't know if they have, it should probably be "if they have laid a finger on him".
2.jpg
I'll leave it at those two for this post. I've got three cases of missing question marks that I'll post after someone else posts (3 image limit per post, no double-posting). I also have a couple more after that.