Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

SF3Patch Version 19 Released!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Re: SF3Patch Version 19 Released!

Postby Swalchy » Sun Aug 26 2018 8:08pm

Be advised guys that LF and the others are just about polishing up chapter 4 of Scenario 2, so you will come across quite a few things in Scenario 3 that have yet to be fixed.

Obviously keep a record and let the translation team know; but save up quite a few so when it comes to it, we'll have a nice long list to refer to :)
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Kalkano » Sun Aug 26 2018 9:00pm

Yeah, we've talked about that. He said he's good with mentioning obvious errors. We'll just ignore wonky translation issues for now.

Here are the missing question marks I mentioned previously. These are in the Scenario 3 Chapter 6 battle with the Rainbloods, before going into the cave to fight the Synbios army.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Currently Playing for the first time: Dragon Quest 11 (PC, with Orchestral Soundtrack Mod)

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Currently Playing for the first time: Dragon Quest 11 (PC, with Orchestral Soundtrack Mod)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Aug 27 2018 2:47am

Good finds! I'll get them fixed up.

Kalkano, good to meet you and thanks for the ride! I'll be forever in your debt (that's the good news and the bad news :) )
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Kalkano » Mon Aug 27 2018 3:38am

Who knew a 5-10 minute ride is all it took for someone to be indebted to me forever. ;)
Nice to meet you and the missus as well.

And now, I have my final two for the moment (and probably period, as I'm in the Hero Test of the Final Chapter of Scenario 3).

The first one is in Remotest, talking to Campbell, while controlling Synbios. The way he's talking seems a little odd, and I think a single word swap can make it make sense. Should it be "We may not have a country to return to"? "We" as in the Medion army.

6.jpg

And, finally, the last one. This is talking to Brigit in the Julian HQ, while controlling Synbios.

Um...YOU'RE Brigit! I assume this text got swapped with Isabella's.

7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby legalize freedom » Tue Aug 28 2018 12:24pm

All of these have been fixed and will be included in V20.

Thanks again!
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Kalkano » Thu Aug 30 2018 12:25am

Okay, I lied. I have another. I just took control of Julian and talked to everyone. Benetram's dialogue is odd, since Julian is the one who directly battles Bulzome.

1.jpg

I'm guessing it should be "It's regrettable they won't be able to".

Edit: Another one when you tell Benetram that everyone's ready, and Keeper starts going over the strategy again before the final battle.

2.jpg

"preparted"

Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Sep 01 2018 4:45pm

Done.

Thanks for taking the time to document all these. This is really valuable feedback!
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Kalkano » Sat Sep 01 2018 5:53pm

legalize freedom wrote:Done.

Thanks for taking the time to document all these. This is really valuable feedback!

No problem. Here's another. Upon entering Bulzome Temple.

3.jpg

"nor" "can't"

Also, I know the graphical anomalies on the ground are emulator glitches. But, is Bulzome's text supposed to be grey? If so, I'm not a fan.

Edit: We've got a case of screen run-off when you defeat Dessheren.

4.jpg

It would also appear that Jane's text that immediately follows is identical to what Dessheren just said. Not sure which was supposed to say it, as it may be logical for either.

5.jpg

And now Scenario 3 is complete. This thread is probably packed with spoilers, but these are big ones, so:

WARNING: SPOILER!

Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Sep 03 2018 4:08pm

Dessheren's line fixed.

As for Bulzome's text colour, it looks like this is still in the test bed stage as it is only like that in one file. I believe my intention was to test Galm's coloured text and then match it with Bulzome if it worked. So are you not a fan of coloured text in general or just not the grey? It won't be grey since grey is used for whispering. But pending the poll results (which I need to make one last push for votes), I'll probably make all of Bulzome's text red as well and see how that goes over. If it works for Galm, it works for Bulzome, right?
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Kalkano » Mon Sep 03 2018 9:35pm

Yeah, I think red would be good. I liked it for Galm.

Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby Rainbow-Bunny » Wed Sep 05 2018 11:41am

I haven't been on here for a long time, but I just wanted to say that it's incredible you are all still putting in so much work to this translation project. I remember when it first began! Massive kudos - hope everyone on SFC is doing well.
Rainbow-Bunny

Shining Member
Shining Member

Previous

Return to SFIII Translation Project