Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Produn/Edmund Storyline (Spoilers!)

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Produn/Edmund Storyline (Spoilers!)

Postby legalize freedom » Thu Jul 13 2017 12:28pm

After researching Edmund and Produn with Garzel, Brutus and Rogan being involved as well I believe I have the Edmund and Produn storylines ironed out. In approximate chronological order:

In the Republic camp, Edmund is in Saraband for the peace conference. Edmund offers his army as a decoy to distract the Imperials while Benetram can escape Saraband.

In the Imperial camp, Garzel offers his army to battle the Edmund army. He shows an unusual desire to engage Edmund. After the battles have begun, Yasha informs Arrawnt that Garzel is battling Edmund. This is probably where they collaborate after battling one another with the Bulzome Sect as instigators and mediators.

Produn is stationed in Railhead.

Rogan is stationed in Barrand with the Seagate.

At the end of Sc1 battle 8 / Sc2 battle 5, Medion sets off for Barrand to meet up with Rogan to use the Seagate to pursue the Bulzome kidnappers.

In Railhead (Sc2), Produn isn’t there as expected because his army had been ambushed by the Garzel army and pursued them east.

Before Sc2 battle 6, Produn and Garzel battle outside Anafect. Garzel was to be reinforced by the Spiriel army, but when she arrived, Basanda showed up and Garzel joined forces with her to surround the Spiriel army. Spiriel was captured and Garzel and Bulzome forces headed north, ignoring the remainder of the Produn army. The battle was apparently staged in order to draw Spiriel in and capture her so she could be used to destroy the Elbesem Statue.

Produn is in Anafect in Sc2 battle 6 and takes the boat.
(Stella spared) They know Medion is heading to Barrand, so they head that way as well, to look for a way to repay his kindness.

Edmund left Justin in Vagabond sometime before Sc1 battle 14

Before Sc2 battle 9, the villagers in Rhineside say that Edmund left with Garzel, but much of the Edmund army left later. These are the flanking troops that appear in Sc1 battle 15.

Edmund allies with Imperial General Garzel at the waterfall near the guardian statue and goes over the cliff during Sc1 battle 15 / Sc2 battle 10. These are the same waters that Julian was tossed into only an hour or so before.

Edmund is saved by Galm. Edmund is aware of this, but only mentions it once directly and once indirectly. Given his shifting allegiances he is understandably wary of letting this be widely known.
It is also assumed Galm saved Julian (without Julian's knowledge while he was unconscious).

(Stella killed) Edmund makes his way to Barrand, meets with Rogan to further inform him of what is going on in Elbesem and boards the Seagate with Rogan. Rogan and Barrand in general are already aware of the trouble in Elbesem, so it can be assumed Edmund shared some details that spurred Rogan to action. It's not clear if he learned these details from his time coordinating with Garzel and the Bulzome Sect or from Galm.

(Stella spared) Edmund makes his way to Barrand, is noticed by Produn and boards Produn's boat. They are chased but not caught by Rogan and the Seagate. Produn believes he is repaying Medion's good will by saving Edmund from the Rogan army and delivering him to safety. They make their way to Baersol where Produn is involved in Sc3 battle 11 and Edmund meets up with and coordinates with Brutus.

Rogan appears at the Elbesem Temple after battle 18. He heard of the situation and rushed to help.
(Stella killed) He was late because he had to fight off an attack by the Bulzome Sect.
(Stella spared) He was late because he was chasing a suspicious Republican boat, which was Produn picking up and fleeing with Edmund.

Rogan hears Saraband is heading to headland and wants to follow it. Rogan shows up outside Saraband and joins as an NPC in Sc2 battles 23, 24, 25 and 26.

The Medion army sails with Rogan on the Seagate for Sc2 battles 19 and 20. Rogan gets locked in the Executor after Sc2 battle 20.

(Stella killed) Edmund leaves the Seagate with Bresby, Gracia, Julian and Donhort after Sc2 battle 20 to start the Sc3 force.

Brutus orders Produn to guard Baersol before he leaves with his army. He specifically instructs Produn not to let the Julian army pass.

In Sc3 battle 11, Produn is a boss.
(Stella killed) Produn will be out-right hostile and will not join. The Julian army kills him.
(Stella spared) Produn and Stella are under orders from Brutus to stop the Julian army but have a change of heart. The masked monk forces Produn to battle, but you can spare him and have him join.

Brutus appears to be conspiring with Bulzome and changed after a visit from a Bulzome monk. The hero finds his wife and son locked in his wine cellar in Baersol.

(Stella spared) Outside Baersol, Brutus and Edmund are seen. Brutus heads north towards Aspia while Edmund stays behind with an army to delay the Julian army, who battles and kills Edmund in Sc3 battle 12.

Brutus is the boss of Sc3 battle 13 and is killed by the Julian army.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by legalize freedom on Fri Aug 04 2017 6:18pm, edited 3 times in total.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Produn/Edmund Storyline (Spoilers!)

Postby Swalchy » Thu Jul 27 2017 6:00pm

*le bump*
The Way To Yahuweh

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Jul 28 2017 7:04pm

See original post
Last edited by legalize freedom on Fri Aug 04 2017 12:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Carandor » Thu Aug 03 2017 8:28pm

I always assumed the ship that picks up Edmund is the one Produn was on.
Carandor

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Aug 04 2017 12:13pm

Thank you for the post! I thought I was going to have to beg another bump from Swalchy...

Yes, you are correct! I will update the original post with my findings.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to SFIII Translation Project