Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Spirits and Bulzome's Race

Spoilers!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Spirits and Bulzome's Race

Postby legalize freedom » Tue Jun 06 2017 12:24pm

A couple more hard ones:

Question 1:
There is a recent translation of the bookcases in Garvin's Mansion in Saraband that suggests those who receive a Spirit all start as Innovators, but can become Vandals. There is always a certain amount of interpretation... as well as the real possibility that a writer made a little slip up on unexplored lore.

I'm wondering if this should be interpreted as starting as Spirit Bearers and then become one or the other as is the prominent theory.

Question 2:
This suggests (if we haven't established this in the past) that Innovators and Vandals are not races, but classes. Gracia is a human boy (race), yet he becomes an Innovator (class). I think this gets confused a bit because everyone refers to Innovators as a "superhuman race", but that is probably just a way to refer to the clan. I believe "Innovator clan" is referenced on occasion, but many words could be used.

In addition to comments about this, I'd like to ask what race Bulzome is. Has it been defined anywhere? Could it be that his race and being a Vandal are so identifiable that they are known as the Vandal race.
Last edited by legalize freedom on Fri Jun 09 2017 6:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Spirits and Bulzome's Race

Postby knight0fdragon » Wed Jun 07 2017 2:55am

For question 2, Having the spirit inside of them changes what they are, kind of like a DNA gene sequence evolution if you would making them a completely new species, and thus race. Basically, they are the X-Men lol.
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby legalize freedom » Wed Jun 07 2017 12:09pm

Even if that were the case, it can apparently be undone as at the end of Sc3. Does that still fit?
Is it more of a mutation? That would make sense if considering Bulzome was a known race and mutated to look as he does. Odd that some Vandals mutate and others do not, however.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby knight0fdragon » Fri Jun 09 2017 3:55pm

What do you mean undone, I haven't played this in forever, so you will need to remind me. Who gets undone?
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: Spirits and Bulzome's Race (Spoilers!)

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Jun 09 2017 6:28pm

Gracia becomes a normal boy after destroying Bulzome or at the least loses all his Innovator powers.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby knight0fdragon » Sat Jun 10 2017 3:55am

I thought the Spirit just leaves him, he doesn't become 100% normal (even though he thinks it). The Innovator/Vandal story was explained better in StHA, looks like I may have to get back into playing this.
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Jun 10 2017 10:47pm

I don't think it goes into that much detail, so everyone potentially takes it a bit different.

That's the primary reason I ask things like this. They aren't well defined and someone may have an good explanation, even if it uses some assumptions.

If there are no good suggestions, I'll just leave it ambiguous and assume it was intended that way.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Rune » Sun Jun 11 2017 5:50pm

The revelevant lines from STHA are here: http://shiningforcecentral.com/?p=scripts&id=stha&ch=1&se=24.

I think it's a bit of a combo deal with class and race. I don't think either game has extra innovators, but both have extra vandals. That is, vandals without a spirit (panzer, rilix, abdark), and that suggests it's at least partly race.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby knight0fdragon » Sun Jun 11 2017 9:24pm

LOL looks like a similar conversation happened 5 years ago: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23161
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby legalize freedom » Sun Jun 11 2017 10:54pm

Yes, I remember that conversation. Thanks for digging it up.

It's certainly more thorough than I remember :D

And thanks Rune for digging up that dialog from STHA as well!
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Medion » Mon Jun 12 2017 3:44pm

I think we learned a bit from each game, and obviously Camelot wasn't thinking about wrapping up that story/lore by the time they planned the game anyway. So a lot of questions will be left unanswered until a miracle happens and Camelot goes back to the Shining series ^_^U
But loving all these theories and putting all the pieces together :)
Medion

Return to SFIII Translation Project