Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Using save files from the FTP

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Using save files from the FTP

Postby Chinagonuk » Sun Jul 10 2016 1:16pm

Hi guys. I'm sorry if this subject's been covered already but i'm a bit of a computer noob and i'm having trouble.

So i'm using an emulator for the first time ever (SSF newest version) and i'd like to know to use the save files i've downloaded from the translation website. I've tried renaming them as instructed and replacing my own BackupRAM file with them but it doesn't seem to work. Could you guys perhaps give me a step by step guide?

A couple more questions. Is it possible to actually import individule saves or does it have to be a whole BackupRAM file containing all saves in one go?

And lastly, is there a file on the website which includes all 3 scenarios + PD complete saves as only the SC1 file is named COMPLETE?

Many thanks in advance.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Using save files from the FTP

Postby legalize freedom » Sun Jul 10 2016 1:30pm

Be sure your cartridge option is set to "Backup RAM Cartridge" and "Hook Backup Library" is unchecked on the Program4 tab then try.

If you get a message about your cartridge needing to be formatted, grab an empty one from the FTP and format it before replacing it in the main SSF directory and trying again.

If you want individual saves, simply copy the save to the internal ram in game and grab that file in the main SSF directory.

All the scenario saves are there. The COMPLETE saves for Sc2 and Sc3 are in the last chapter files.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Using save files from the FTP

Postby Chinagonuk » Sun Jul 10 2016 1:44pm

Thanks for the quick reply, LF! I got it to work, thank you very much.

legalize freedom wrote:If you want individual saves, simply copy the save to the internal ram in game and grab that file in the main SSF directory.

Of course! Why didn't i think of that? :sleep:
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to SFIII Translation Project