Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

What comes next?

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

What comes next?

Postby Chinagonuk » Thu Feb 26 2015 10:14pm

So i've just finished an entire 'Insane Mode, No Deaths' playthrough of the 3 scenarios + PD battles using the patch and i must say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who has made this possible. It really is my favourite video game of all time and being able to finally finish it on the hardest setting gives me a massive sense of joy. It's taken me over a year (as i don't get many hours a week to play games any more) and the feeling of pride, joy and relief i've got is overwhelming.

However i also feel a little bit sad. I've played the crap out of this game ever since i was 13, completed Scenario 1 many times before i even knew i could play the rest, first in Japanese with scripts, then with this awesome translation. Now i've finaly done it and on the hardest setting and i get a feeling like "What the hell am i gonna do now?" Lol. It makes me think of you guys, working away at this translation for all these years. I can imagine it must be a real labour of love but i wonder do you guys ask yourselves "What the hell will we do when it's finally finished?" Will you be left feeling like there's a void that needs to be filled? Will you want to never actually finish it completely and just keep on tweeking things.

I've got a couple of ideas for things you could do which would be cool. It would be awesome if you guys could translate and add subtitles to the secret Scenario 3 ending with Galm and Elise. Also would be great to do the same with the videos on the Premium Disc, especially the one with the interview. Not sure if that's even possible, but you guys did manage to change the title and loading screens so here's hoping.

EDIT

I just started another run of Panzer Dragoon Saga. I got an hour into it and decided i want to start SF3 again lol. It's crazy how much i love this game.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: What comes next?

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Feb 27 2015 1:20pm

That's awesome! Glad you enjoyed the patch.

I would say make a run through STHA, then start SF3 again ;)

You have really hit on some thoughts I have had over the years. It is a hobby I love and will certainly miss once everything is done. That said, there are other projects I can pick up to scratch that itch. I do believe it will continue to get tweaked when something is found while I still have breath. I certainly won't leave issues unfixed just because it is "finished".

Unfortunately, we can't add text boxes, only change the text of those that already exist.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Chinagonuk » Fri Feb 27 2015 1:49pm

Ha Ha!

Before you posted this I just purchased STHA on Ebay. I've never played it before (nor Shining in the Darkness) and i may not enjoy the dungeon crawler format quite as much, but i'll give it a go. Mainly i just wanna play the story and see the tie-ins to SF3.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Feb 27 2015 7:15pm

You won't regret it. It is one of my favorites.

A very slick engaging game. SSF runs it perfect too if you wanted to emulate.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Chinagonuk » Thu Mar 12 2015 6:19pm

I'm enjoying STHA. It's a decent RPG but not half as good as SF3 imo.

How did you change the title and 'now loading' screen? Could a similar method not be used to add subtitles? Maybe in the form of a picture rather than text?
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Mar 13 2015 1:51am

Chinagonuk wrote:I'm enjoying STHA. It's a decent RPG but not half as good as SF3 imo.

How did you change the title and 'now loading' screen? Could a similar method not be used to add subtitles? Maybe in the form of a picture rather than text?

Those screens are images to begin with. We just edited the images. To answer your question, no I can't do that.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to SFIII Translation Project