Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

SF3Patch V16 Released!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

SF3Patch V16 Released!

Postby legalize freedom » Wed Dec 17 2014 4:58pm

See official site for announcement.

Link in my signature below.

Enjoy!
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: SF3Patch V16 Released!

Postby Special T » Thu Dec 18 2014 4:39am

Awesome! This is great news especially the part pertaining to Scenario 1!

Thank you!
Special T

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Eskimudio » Mon Jan 19 2015 9:29am

I just finished playing through SF3 with the new v16 translation patch, and I'm amazed at how much has been added & improved since the v14.1 patch. I don't know if this is the right place to post about bugs in the new v16, but it seemed to me to be.

There is a bug with the Yes/No choices text that appeared in the new v16. I only encountered it in Scenario 3, and then only in Chapter's 4 and 5. It first appeared in Chapter 4 at the Aural Village Church. Where when you go to save, the text for the "Save" selection reads "Can't Promote".

That's a unique instance in the game, however there is following that a reoccurring issue with a number of the Yes/No choice boxes text in Chapter 4 & 5. I first saw it after choosing to Save/Can'tPromote at that church in Aural Village, when the priest asks, "Would you like to make a record of your adventure?" the "Yes" box reads "No",

and the "No" box reads "YES".

This incorrect Yes/No box text continues for all the rest of the aural church priest's Yes/No questions.

The bald man in Aural village who asks about metal garments has the incorrect Yes/No bug.

The end of chapter 4 save has the incorrect Yes/No bug.

In Chapter 5, after battle #19 "The First Trial" Yes/No bug when Garcia asks if Julian is prepared to enter Ark Hill.

In Chapter 5, after battle #20 "The Second Trial" Yes/No bug when Garcia asks if he should use bless Julian with the Staff of Besem.

In Chapter 5, before Battle #22 with Galm. Yes/No bug when Gracia asks Julian if he should discard the Staff of Besem.

The end of chapter 5 save has the incorrect Yes/No bug.
Eskimudio

Postby legalize freedom » Tue Jan 20 2015 1:33pm

Thanks Eskimudio! I'll look into these.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Cybel » Sat Feb 21 2015 1:03am

Thank you so much - I recently bought a modded Saturn, the Sc 2 & 3 game discs and patched them. They work like a dream and I just finished Scenario II which is a thing of beauty. I can't thank the translation team enough -- a total dream come true to play this instalment.

The only major bug I did come across is the issue with Pappet's Wyverns in the tank causing screen glitches, which I notice has been reported in the error topic. There was the odd typo that I forgot to note down - I'll try to remember to keep a notepad with me in future, although you may be aware of them. But basically, it's a complete and total joy. Thank you!!
Cybel

Postby Bela B. » Fri Apr 03 2015 10:49am

Sorry, i guess i'm stupid, but where can i find the v16 of the patch?
On the FTP site, the newst version is 13?!?
Bela B.

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Apr 04 2015 1:11am

You're probably looking in the archive.

Just go to the official site (link in my sig) and click the big button to the right.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Bela B. » Sat Apr 04 2015 6:46am

There you go...i am stupid.

Thanks alot!
Is it possible to install the Patch, and continue with my current game, or do i need to start a new one?
Bela B.

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Apr 04 2015 11:43am

You can continue no problem.

It should be noted that a lot of improvements have been made the scenario opening cut scenes (you know the large cut scenes near the beginning) so you might want to re-watch those.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Bela B. » Sat Apr 04 2015 12:20pm

Cool. Thanks for answering!
Bela B.

Postby Swalchy » Mon Apr 06 2015 8:11am

Eskimudio wrote:There is a bug with the Yes/No choices text that appeared in the new v16. I only encountered it in Scenario 3, and then only in Chapter's 4 and 5. It first appeared in Chapter 4 at the Aural Village Church. Where when you go to save, the text for the "Save" selection reads "Can't Promote".

Just to let people know that the issue in Aural village should now be fixed.

If you download the v16 patch and repatch your Scenario 3 Japanese disc, it should be all right again :)
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby MXC » Tue Apr 07 2015 9:16pm

Not sure if this is a patch issue or not, and I'm a bit rushed so I can't read through previous notes.

WARNING: SPOILER!
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby legalize freedom » Wed Apr 08 2015 11:21pm

MXC wrote:Not sure if this is a patch issue or not, and I'm a bit rushed so I can't read through previous notes.

WARNING: SPOILER!

We would only have control over what the dialog says, not the graphics or camera movement.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby MXC » Wed Apr 08 2015 11:59pm

Fair enough. The only other thing I have noticed (and I can't give an example, since it was so long ago) is that sometimes the language is American, rather than British.
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby legalize freedom » Thu Apr 09 2015 12:20pm

That is by design. Some elements were used from both regions. We made it a point to use some of both spellings while using instances that seemed to fit the Shining universe.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Apr 18 2015 1:53pm

This has come up before and I believe the game is selecting the wrong line here, but maybe someone can help me figure that out for certain.

In Sc3 there is currently only one line where two characters join at once. There are two lines where one character joins.

There are two other opportunities for 2 characters to join at once. The first is in Ch1 where Isabella and Brigit can join together. The second is in Ch3 where Honesty and Isabella can join together.

I need to know if those other lines are functioning correctly in both situations.
So for the first, if you have Edmund, only Brigit will join. If you don't both will join.
For the second, if you killed Stella in Sc2 and you didn't get her in Ch1, Isabella will join with Honesty.

So 4 situations I need tested to be able to make a decision about the Marky join line.

Thanks in advance for your help.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Swalchy » Mon Jun 01 2015 9:42pm

Le bump
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby legalize freedom » Tue Jun 02 2015 11:59am

After doing some testing I can report some results.

The short answer is that Marky's line is fixed, but another has been found to be disappointing.

The Sc3 Ch1 situation where Isabella and Brigit join together (if you don't have Edmund/Spared Stella) appears to be the only time in Sc3 where this can happen. In the Ch3 situation, the characters join one after the other and get their own messages.

All of the join messages I tested (Ch1 thru Ch3) use the same line. Unfortunately, that includes the one where Isabella and Brigit join, so that message never mentions Brigit. A missed opportunity by the devs for sure and there's nothing I can do about that. I suppose we could assume Brigit is an afterthought since she is basically Isabella's servant/bodyguard. While I can't control that join message, the dialog around it gives the information clearly.

The good news is that it appears Marky's join message can be corrected without affecting other join situations. I don't believe there is an instance where two characters join at once after Ch3, but I haven't tested the rest of the joins in the scenario, so I can't be sure until I do. If it happens, it would have to be someone who temporarily un-joined and then joined back with the new character, so let me know if anyone knows for sure if that happens.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Dark Rodi » Fri Jun 05 2015 12:44am

i also cant think of another place with double joining time aside from brigidit isabelle. Just a theory but there was rogan that should join in chapter 4 but it was removed from the game maybe this problem is related to his joining phrase still be in the game or maybe not, just a theory.
Dark Rodi

Shining Member
Shining Member

Next

Return to SFIII Translation Project