how do I apply the patch?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18 2014 1:13pm
by drunkensailor
Patch Instructions
I. Requirements

1. Original Shining Force III game discs. For every scenario you wish to patch, the original disc of that scenario is required. Scenario 1 requires the english version.

2. SF3Patch.exe– Self extracting install includes everything you need to create a patched ISO/CD from the original disc. The patch is available from the SF3 Translation project FTP courtesy of Moogie and Shining Force Central.

http://sf3transftp.shiningforcecentral.com

II. Create a Patched ISO or CD

Information- Once the ISO has been created it can be played using an emulator or burned to a CD to be played in a mod-chipped Saturn. This method will work with all three of the Shining Force III scenarios and the Premium Disc.

Instructions

1. Place the original game CD in an available CD drive.

The Scenario 1 patch requires the US or UK version. It will not work correctly with the Japanese version.

2. Launch ISOMAKER 2.exe

3. Select the game CD you are patching and click the Make CD button.

this is what it says but for me is very difficult to understand. someone else had mad emy patched games before but that was like 5 years ago and I want to make some new ones.

I have the original games so I put them in my cd-drive and then download sfpatch.exe but then what? the exe automatically installs the translation patch on the cd in the cd-drive?

also does it matter if I use 800 mb cd's or should I do 700 mb?

Re: how do I apply the patch?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18 2014 5:49pm
by legalize freedom
SF3Patch.exe will unpack the patch onto your C: drive. From there run the Isomaker2 program. This will create ISO and CUE files which you can then either burn to play in a modded saturn or mount using Daemon Tools to play with an emulator.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19 2014 11:48am
by drunkensailor
legalize freedom wrote:SF3Patch.exe will unpack the patch onto your C: drive. From there run the Isomaker2 program. This will create ISO and CUE files which you can then either burn to play in a modded saturn or mount using Daemon Tools to play with an emulator.

and the isomaker2 detects my original shining force 3 cd in the drive to do that?

thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20 2014 1:21am
by legalize freedom
You will double click the drive the cd is in during the process.
The steps are listed on the official page.
http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/patch-instructions/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01 2014 7:28am
by drunkensailor
thanks again. it works like a charm!