SFIII Translation Project: Daemon Tools - outdated version on translation site?

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Daemon Tools - outdated version on translation site?

Post by Cullsoft »

Just been sorting myself out with patching my copies of SF3, but found that the version of Daemon Tools that's linked on the Transaltion Project website is outdated (v4123) - and comes up with compatibility warnings when I try to install it on Windows 7.

Does this file/link need to be updated? Or is there a particular reason for using the older version (e.g. patch compatibility issues - I've installed v4491-0356, but did run into a "CD Read Error" message when playing around with the PD battles...)?
Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Daemon Tools - outdated version on translation site?

Post by Swalchy »

Didn't think we were actively updating the link to the Daemon Tools.

There should be no reason to use an older version of Daemon Tools compared to a newer one. There should be no compatibility issues with it whatsoever :)
Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.
Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...

Mensa Member
IQ 137
Not bragging; just making you dumb-asses aware. :evilgrin:
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by legalize freedom »

The thing is, IIRC at some point they added a bunch of crap that installs with it. I can't recall exactly what turned me off and I can't recall exactly what version it happened on.

I wanted to leave a clean version for our purposes. I'm currently using 4.40, so I'm guessing it is relatively clean up to that point.

There is nothing keeping you from using a newer one if you want to use a newer feature and have a higher tolerance than I for installing crap that you don't need, but the version posted works perfectly with SSF.

The compatibility warnings you are getting are likely caused by other software (such as burning software) not from windows. I know for a fact there is an issue with the Plextor/Cyberlink Blue Ray Disc Suite that came with my burner. It won't work unless I disable the virtual drive.
Christine
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Christine »

I still use the old one on the site and it works. I'm so used at things giving 'errors of compability' and then working that I've become immune. I am like the poster above, I like things small and compact, no extras.