Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

SF3Patch V15 Feedback

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

SF3Patch V15 Feedback

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Oct 28 2013 12:22pm

SF3Patch V15 test files have been posted to the FTP. Please see the official site for additional information.

http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/

All feedback for this test version should be posted in this topic.

Thanks for playing!
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: SF3Patch V15 Feedback

Postby Sir_Dantares » Thu Nov 07 2013 4:52pm

Hi, I have a doubt in Scenario 2.

Once arrived at Storich, we find Refugees rescued in Scenario 1.

If all are alive, I see that one of Refugees says this:

I do not know if I'm right, but I think this is male if you look at the battle switching point of the train tracks:

It is also true that I don't know his sexual orientation. :blush:
Sir_Dantares

Postby Entropeople » Tue Nov 19 2013 4:16am

Hi!

I'm playing Scenario 2, and the game is crashing before battle #5 - General Varlant's Army. After the first few dialogues, it is simply rebooting itself. I've tried to "re-install" the patch, but it is still happening. Any thoughts or hints of what is going on? Thanks!
Entropeople

Postby legalize freedom » Tue Nov 19 2013 1:12pm

This is likely an emulator issue (assuming you are playing with SSF). Try changing the EZ settings to get past it. There are a few spots that will crash with certain settings.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Entropeople » Fri Nov 22 2013 1:15am

legalize freedom wrote:This is likely an emulator issue (assuming you are playing with SSF). Try changing the EZ settings to get past it. There are a few spots that will crash with certain settings.

Thank you, it worked!
Entropeople

Postby legalize freedom » Tue Nov 26 2013 1:52pm

Sir_Dantares wrote:Hi, I have a doubt in Scenario 2.

Once arrived at Storich, we find Refugees rescued in Scenario 1.

I do not know if I'm right, but I think this is male if you look at the battle switching point of the train tracks:

It is also true that I don't know his sexual orientation. :blush:

I would like more feedback on this, but in the script these five refugees are listed as follows:

Grandmother
Grandfather
Young Man
Mother
Child

So the two you have identified as male would be the older couple.

It is difficult to tell male from female in those hoods. Can anyone add anything to this?
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Caedmonball19 » Tue Nov 26 2013 2:29pm

I could see the two with the blue hair being the older couple but I cannot see the younger couple being the two in orange hoods. The orange hoods look female to me.
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Postby Sir_Dantares » Tue Nov 26 2013 11:25pm

It is strange that the characters we know for sure that you are female wear skirts, while the older couple wears pants.
Sir_Dantares

Postby Entropeople » Sun Jan 12 2014 6:25pm

Hi there!

I'm playing Scenario 3, and after Battle 10, "The Great Lighthouse" I found this: the force is talking about Jane, when Kate replies "You could be overthinking... Maybe she was just acting against General Defenda." I wonder if this is correct, or it should be General Produn, since Defenda has been defeated a while ago, and Produn is the "next enemy". Honestly, I'm not sure...

SF3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Entropeople

Postby extremus » Wed Jan 15 2014 9:48pm

Hi again!

It's been quite awhile since I last posted, but I wish to once again say a sincere "Thank you" to everyone who's worked so hard on this massive translation project. I've mentioned Shining Force Central on several forums where the Shining Force series or other old school topics were being discussed in the hope that more gamers might get a chance to experience Shining Force III in their own language (and don't worry; I did so tactfully and made a point to explain the legitimacy of the project).

I do wish to clarify something I've been experiencing with the Version 15 patch (it's the first one I've actually downloaded and attempted to burn since Version 11 or 12, with which I was able to play through all three Scenarios). I'm using Daemon Tools with the IsoMaker tool and have made multiple attempts to burn Scenario 2, yet when I insert the CD into my modded Saturn and try to launch it from the Action Replay screen, it freezes at the box that says "Loading".

I think I experienced this same issue before back when I first began using earlier versions of the patch (though it's been at least a few years since then, so I've forgotten how to fix it), so I think I'm missing something, probably something simple. If you guys could offer any suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

And thanks again so much for all your efforts. Shining Force Central is the embodiment of just how passionate videogame hobbyists can be.
extremus

Postby legalize freedom » Thu Jan 16 2014 1:28pm

Does the ISO work on an emulator?

Have you tried it without the action replay?
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby extremus » Fri Jan 17 2014 8:17am

@ legalize freedom,

Looks like the problem was the burn program I was using; I'd been trying to use Daemon Tools Pro but kept getting endless "Loading" box on my Saturn. ImgBurn works perfectly, however, so that solved the issue.

Thanks for getting back to me, by the way!
extremus

Return to SFIII Translation Project