SFIII Translation Project: V14 Test Patch Feedback

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

tedkross

Re: V14 Test Patch Feedback

Post by tedkross »

hello,
what is the difference and updates from version 12? please.
thanks you !!

Sincerely,
Rune
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Rune »

Here's one with the mass promotion in the final chapter:
Spoiler
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by legalize freedom »

Rune wrote:Here's one with the mass promotion in the final chapter:
Spoiler
I don't know how that slipped through, but it did.

I have posted a new V14 patch. Please verify the promotion works correctly now. Let me know if the text goes off the right side for anyone. I may need to shorten this line.

Thanks!
Rune
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Rune »

Yup, it's overflowing:
Spoiler
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Rune wrote:Yup, it's overflowing:
Spoiler
Try it now.

Thanks!
Rune
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Rune »

Looks good.
Evil Gately
Agent of Karma
Shining Legend

Post by Evil Gately »

I dunno if this is where you want to hear about things like this or not, but I noticed something whilst playing through the patched Scenario 1. It's only a minor thing, but I noticed when I promoted Synbios, the priest said Synbios was promoted from Soldier to Swordsman, not to the renamed Hero class.

To my shame, I haven't been keeping up with the chatter regarding the detail work recently, but I'm assuming that the team decided to realign the class name with Shining Force I, II, CD & Final Conflict, and I'm guessing that the priest's line wasn't picked up in the process!
Darksol @ Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:02 am wrote:You have fallen from the path of righteous drunken adventures and now find yourself seeking cheap thrills at the expense of your pride. Remember, for a drunken adventure to be glorious, it cannot be scripted. And it certainly cannot be sewn.
He's fire and Ice
And Rage
He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun

He's ancient and Forever
He burns at the centre of time
And he can see the turn of the universe

Facebook (tell me who you are if you send a request!)

PSN ID: WingDagger (see above!)
Lord Kane
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Lord Kane »

I found an issue in chapter 5 Scenario 2, which is not a Special V14 thing, I noticed it also in V13.
The people in the East district who talk about Garosh, speak as if he still lives although I'm sure i let him die.
Here are my screenshots, it's regarding 4 people:
Boy in barracks Garosh.jpg
The woman next to the boy also talks about a living Garosh!!!

Old Man Garosh.jpg

Young man
Young Man Garosch.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

I'll look into these Evil Gately and Lord Kane.

Lord Kane, one thing you can do for me is edit a copy of your save (with the save editor) first to verify Garosh's fate and second to see what these folks say when his fate is different.

Thanks!
Lord Kane
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Lord Kane »

No Problem. I played god and changed Garosh's fate. Now he sits in the bar with his happy instead of weeping girlfriend.

The 4 shown people in the East District now say something else, but still as if Garosh lives, which NOW is right of course. Here are some screen shots:
Garosh lives Young Boy.jpg
The woman next to him (mother of Garosh's girlfriend) also talks another "Garosh lives"-talk. I just can't post it because of the 3-files-limit.
By the way, he isn't really another brother of Garosh, is he?
Garosh lives Young Man.jpg
Garosh lives Old Man.jpg
So their lines weren't exchanged as I thought at first. The "Garosh's dead"-lines just seem to be wrongly translated.
The lines of his girlfriend in the bar in the Central District are alright, though!
Eskimudio

Post by Eskimudio »

Recently, I decided to purchase a Saturn and get it modded so that I could play SF3 after finding out about the english patch. To everyone who helped in the creation of this excellent english translation patch, I must give you a huge congratulations on a job well done. I've really been enjoying my time, working through this classic game (with v141 patch) over the last four months. The translation is very impressive, I didn't notice any linguistic errors, and had a great time reading the huge story.

As for glitches, I only encountered one. It was the one from Scenario 2 during Battle 29, Inside Garvin's Tank, where the video display get's all screwed up when one of Pappet's tamed monster's gets selected. Well, not every one of Pappet's monsters, I had the glitch occur with tamed Wyverns, Hydras, and Harpies. I got through the battle glitch free with tamed Queen Worms and Cerberuses, when these were the only tamed monster types getting selected.

Also, I noticed that the character turn order in the Garvin's Tank battle changed when playing from the same saved game file between the Japanese Shining Force 3 Scenario 2 disk and the Patch version 141 SF3 Scenario 2 disk mad from the aforementioned Japanese S2 disk.
To help with understanding what I'm talking about I recorded and uploaded to youtube two videos of the Garvin's Tank battle. One from the Japanese disk and one from the Patch v141 disk, both games being loaded from the same saved game file on my Saturn console.
PatchV141 version -- http://youtu.be/jEA8pXUwPVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Japanese version -- http://youtu.be/jb19sgVQBAo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unrelated, I noticed that some people are having problems with their saved game files being saved on their Saturn's internal memory. I also have had similar problems, with my saved games from Scenario 2, Scenario 3. I even had the issue with Scenario 1 but only if I had more then one saved game on the internal memory. The solution to the problem was to get a Sega Saturn BACKUP memory cartridge and save my games to the cartridge. I also noticed that you can use a Sega Saturn Action Replay 4M Auto Plus 1MB/4MB RAM Cartridge and the cartridge memory backup from that, but only if after saving your game to the Saturn internal memory, you reset your Saturn and transfer save the game file to the Sega Saturn Action Replay 4M Auto Plus 1MB/4MB RAM Cartridge before you power off the console. Then whenever you wish to resume your game when you power up your Saturn you transfer your saved game file from the backup memory on the Sega Saturn Action Replay 4M Auto Plus 1MB/4MB RAM Cartridge to your Saturn's internal memory (be sure to make sure your internal memory is empty of data before transferring) before starting the game. This though is a huge hassle and surely everyone would much rather be using a Sega Saturn BACKUP memory cartridge.