Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

SF3 Patch V13 Test

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

SF3 Patch V13 Test

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Jan 23 2012 2:15am

As the files become ready, I would like to make sure everything is working correctly before I release V13 to the world.

This will give you a chance to be the first to see and play V13 while allowing me a bit of public test before release. Note that as long as there are no issues, this will be exactly what is issued for V13.

Sc1 and Sc2 are ready to go with Sc3 coming in the next week or two. You will find the files in the main directory of the FTP.
s1 test.zip
s2 test.zip

To install, unzip these and replace the folder in the SF3Patch/files directory and run new ISOs.

You can post any issues you find in this thread. Thanks in advance for your participation!
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: SF3 Patch V13 Test

Postby Swalchy » Sun Feb 05 2012 3:28pm

The scenario 1 stuff is working fine for me :)
The Way To Yahuweh

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Feb 06 2012 1:26pm

Since I haven't gotten much feedback here... (thanks Swalchy for looking at Sc1 (so far)) Either everything is working perfectly or noone is interested in the new patch. Please post positive and negative experiences with the test files.

I'm still preparing the Sc3 files, which are a much bigger pain than the others. I would say if you take the effort it requires to prepare the Sc1 and Sc2 files (together) and double it, you approach what it takes for Sc3.

After I get the Sc3 files posted for testing, I'm going to review the PD files, which hasn't been done in a very long time. This might take some additional and unexpected time and effort, but as long as the files are posted for all to use... I believe it would be a great addition to this release and worth the delay.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Kulgor » Mon Feb 06 2012 1:51pm

I will burn Sc1 today and see if works out
Thanks anyway for the effort and progress far done!
Kulgor

Postby Jokerx7 » Tue Feb 07 2012 5:50am

Hi, I got a crash when you speak with Conrad (chapter 4, near the end), in the V13. I also tried the V12, and it works perfectly. I made another CD and patched it again (with V13), but it still crashes.
I use the test R1.
I use SSF ver 0.12 beta R3 (lastest version).
It also happened after killing Braff.
In both cases it crashes just when the first message is about to show. The message box appeares, but it's not complete drawed, and the text isn't drawed at all.
It's like it have a problem reading the first part of the message.
And you can still listen to the music. So the game continues playing, but the message never appeares. And the guys don't move at all.

I have solved it, it was the compatibility. If you play it at full comp. it doesn't work (in those 2 parts), but with anything from low to highest, it works. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Jokerx7 on Wed Feb 08 2012 8:12pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jokerx7

Postby Zzasikar » Tue Feb 07 2012 6:58pm

I will test this out over the next few months whenever I have the time and try to get some feedback for you.
Zzasikar

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Blasterhead » Tue Feb 07 2012 11:28pm

I'm also giving the S1 test a go. Thanks for the hard work!
Blasterhead

Postby Blasterhead » Tue Feb 07 2012 11:40pm

I'm also going to give S1 a test. Long time Shining Force fan playing Shining Force III for the first time!
Blasterhead

Postby ffian1 » Wed Feb 08 2012 6:15pm

As soon as I get access to a PC, I'll get right on it and play through them all again. Been meaning to for a while.
Fortune Favours The Bold

http://soundcloud.com/ian-fraser-1 - Some serious and silly stuff in there!
Fortune Favours The Bold

ffian1

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Synbios16 » Wed Feb 08 2012 9:02pm

Bah! It's not that there's no interest in this, but how were people to know about it?
There should have been notification on the "main" translation page, http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/

I'm going to download as soon as I get home!
Last edited by Synbios16 on Sun Feb 19 2012 7:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Shining Force 3 Let's Play!

*Using translation patch sc1 V13 Official release
sc2 V14 exclusive preview!
sc3 V14 exclusive preview!

Synbios16

Postby legalize freedom » Thu Feb 09 2012 12:49am

I agree... I wanted to get the Sc3 files posted before I did a progress report...

The idea here is to make sure we have general functionality. The full version will be released sooner rather than later. Load a couple of saves at main dialog spots throughout the scenario and just let me know everything appears to be working. I'm not asking for a full playthough. Of course that level of feedback is certainly welcome.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Synbios16 » Thu Feb 09 2012 6:19am

Just installed everything on the new PC and loaded up scenario 1.

First scene in the castle with Benetram, Synbios, Dantares, Brutus, Tybalt and Edmond. I'm pretty sure someone said "Unwrest". I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be a "w" in "unrest". I'll keep playing some more, but since it's my new PC, I don't have save states in different parts of the game.

Start menu says "colour" with a "u", I don't know if you're from England.
Also, same menu, 5th option down is Window Transparence, should be Window Transparency.

Synbios16

Postby Jokerx7 » Thu Feb 09 2012 7:00am

Instead of ' it say "Ally" (Lowest friend rank, actually, it's when you don't have a rank at all)
Like this:
WARNING: SPOILER!

I have seen it 2 times so far. In Scenario 2. I havenAllyt seen it in scenario 1.

2 more things, in the same conversation:
WARNING: SPOILER!
Jokerx7

Postby legalize freedom » Thu Feb 09 2012 1:33pm

This is not really what this test is about. I'm not looking for these types of errors. Sorry if I haven't been clear.

Primarily, I want to make sure there are none of the mixed up lines that plagued the last version upon release. It has to do with the compression of the files. In the previous case I had to re-compress several files that compressed wrong the first time and mixed up dialog lines.

To these individual issues... the Ally thing is a wrong appostrophe character. Please let me know where these are.

Others just have missing line breaks.

I'll look for the unwrest.

We are using the UK spelling for many things.

The y in transparency lops over the box. The e barly doesn't and gives the same meaning.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Jokerx7 » Thu Feb 09 2012 8:17pm

For the Ally, one was that (The one in the screen, which is at the beggining of chapter 3, after the second battle). The other one I saw... I don't remember well, but I think it was in the end of chapter 2, when you fight the Edmund General. (But he speaks... a lot)

The name "Gracia" is changed to "Julian" in all the chapter 3 and 4. (Maybe after that too.)
It's really strange, because they say things like "let's save Julian", and actually, Julian is in your team.
Jokerx7

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Feb 10 2012 12:11am

Please see the post on the official site about the name issue. It is expected.

You can either start a new game (not using a previous save) or edit with BoneIdol's save editor.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Synbios16 » Fri Feb 10 2012 6:37am

Okay, here's the deal.
I've recently bought parts and assembled a powerful new desktop PC. The plan is to do a complete run through of SF3 in it's entirety and post it to youtube. Along the way, I'd be pointing out any and all text errors, crashes, typos etc.
It took a *long* time of testing, trial and error, but I think I'm only one step short of getting started. I need a microphone and I have no idea what's good. I'll begin looking around tomorrow for one, and I plan on buying it soon after. I put up a test video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvBGbBhZ6AI
And everything looks to be going pretty well so far, although I was blown away by the file size of uncompressed video. That 5 minute clip? 3.01 GIGS. Yeah, seemed crazy to me, but I managed to compress it pretty heavily and didn't lose much visual quality.
I don't think this will be very popular, I can't imagine there's that many people interested in seeing it, but it's something I really want to do.

On a side note, I went through the opening scene again (several times, actually) and "unrest" was fine. Sorry about that LF...

Synbios16

Postby ffian1 » Fri Feb 10 2012 3:46pm

I started my playthrough yesterday. At Railhead, and I haven't encountered anything that I thought was wrong.

Because I'm on a modded Saturn I won't be getting screenshots, but I'm keeping a note of any discrepancies I find. I'll keep you posted about anything unusual.

Also, as far as Scen 1 goes, is it just the last chapter that's been altered? I swear I've never seen the yellow writing before in the opening scenes. I think it was Brutus saying 'You' that was in yellow. I assume this was done instead of italics?
Fortune Favours The Bold

Fortune Favours The Bold

ffian1

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Feb 11 2012 1:43am

Awesome quality, Synbios16. Should be a great documentation of the patch as it stands.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Synbios16 » Sat Feb 11 2012 3:28am

Yeah, I hope so! I just bought a headset mic today, supposed to have it by Tuesday. I heard it was pretty good and it cost quite a bit more than I had anticipated. Once I get it I'll have to figure out how to get everything recording together, so that'll take me another few hours, but I should be able to start a new game pretty soon after. I'm using "s1 test R1.zip" from your FTP, I assume that's V13. Unfortunately, I probably can't do this for each revision that gets released, hope you understand, but I will try to make notes, or keep annotations on where errors occur. Maybe just a .txt document for simplicity's sake.

My first video will likely be next week (I'm hoping) and will probably contain about 10 minutes of gameplay accompanied by disclaimers explaining why people won't like it. I've got an annoying American voice, I probably pronounce those unique proper nouns incorrectly, etc.... But I'll try to avoid humming, saying "umm", and generally being stupid.

Synbios16

Next

Return to SFIII Translation Project