Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Big bug Scenario 2 which prevents from completing the game

graphics bug the game freezes during last battle of Sc2

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Re: Big bug Scenario 2 which prevents from completing the ga

Postby LordTwann » Sun Mar 18 2012 5:09am

I have this problem as well. It happens exactly the same for me except for me the monster that it happens to is a wyvern. I'm able to get through my characters and get back to median and return and save at the church. Restart the game, go back to the battle and the same thing happens once I get to the wyvern again. My other monsters are a minotaur and queen worm if that makes any difference. I'll try again tomorrow and the map disc to see if getting the wyvern killed off helps any.
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them."

~Mark Twain
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them."

~Mark Twain
LordTwann

Postby FireBladed » Tue May 22 2012 11:49pm

Geez, seems like I did really post in the wrong thread... Sorry abou that.

As I said in the main bug report thread for Scenario 2 Thread (my bad, sorry), it must have something to do with the fact that we have 3 monsters in the battle inside the Tank.

Just have the 3rd one killed and then Save, Exit and restart the Saturn/Emulator.
It will be fine untill the end. You may have a hard time controlling the game untill the 3rd monster is killed, since the status of the graphics will get worse every time the 3rd monster is attacked but I did manage it allright.

After the restart with the monster killed it will be perfectly fine untill the end. I never tried not getting 3 monsters but I supose it might be fine too.
FireBladed

Postby Rems » Thu May 24 2012 6:46pm

FireBladed wrote:Geez, seems like I did really post in the wrong thread... Sorry abou that.

As I said in the main bug report thread for Scenario 2 Thread (my bad, sorry), it must have something to do with the fact that we have 3 monsters in the battle inside the Tank.

Just have the 3rd one killed and then Save, Exit and restart the Saturn/Emulator.
It will be fine untill the end. You may have a hard time controlling the game untill the 3rd monster is killed, since the status of the graphics will get worse every time the 3rd monster is attacked but I did manage it allright.

After the restart with the monster killed it will be perfectly fine untill the end. I never tried not getting 3 monsters but I supose it might be fine too.

Just get the monster killed using the Jap game.
Rems

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby abryarly@gmail.com » Tue Sep 08 2015 10:45pm

Not sure if anyone has updated this issue. Just ran into it with the most current of all versions (on a Mac September/2015) but there was a work-around.

1. Once the monster's turn came up, the screen goes all funny. Follow the motions you normally would to have the monsters hold position.
2. Eventually, the screen will change a little so that you'll see grass which means it's gone back to Medion's team. 3. Press B to enable you to select anywhere on the map and follow the motions that would enable you to save during battle.
4. Close the window and reload and it'll be back to normal, but you'll have to do it again when the monster's turn comes up.

Hope that helps.

Previous

Return to SFIII Translation Project