Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force 3 translations?

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Re: Shining Force 3 translations?

Postby knight0fdragon » Wed Oct 05 2005 5:16pm

I myself have been to busy with projects for my business and work, it would be nice to have a few more helping hands to just do something to actually put script in, at this point I really do not care what goes in there as long as it sort of makes sence
-- ANTI ELDAR APPRECIATION SOCIETY --

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:
Aho,Belegdol,???,Aspartate,Ark666,Dr.Doom,CyberWarriorX,StoneTheRock,an.donor,legalize freedom

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:
Aho,Belegdol,???,Aspartate,Ark666,Dr.Doom,CyberWarriorX,StoneTheRock,an.donor,legalize freedom

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby the ark666 » Thu Oct 06 2005 11:21am

I would be happy to help you but I don't understand how to put script in!
the ark666

Postby knight0fdragon » Thu Oct 06 2005 4:43pm

its really simple acutally. Using the development patches I provided, when playing the game, you will recieve a filename and number when they talk. What you then eed to do, is match the line to the line of script in the translator, so
X5SARA248 190 means in file X5SARA248.jap, go to line 190, and type in the translation there, then save it.

When you are all done, send me the .SF3 files and I will compress it and test it.

Note text should be limited to about 250 characters

files 1-7 of every group is done, along with most of 8.

Depending where you are, towns end at 8-204 battles end at 8-240

Also do not worry about church or shops, I have that speech saved also

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Special T » Thu Oct 06 2005 7:39pm

Just to make sure I understand what your saying, when you say

files 1-7 of every group is done, along with most of 8.

Do you mean that files X5SARA001 XXX - X5SARA007 XXX are done
or am I misunderstanding you?

The reason I ask is, imputing the files in the translator does not seem to be that difficult of a task, most of the people at SCF should be able to assist with that, I think the most complicated thing would be compiling the patch and testing it, correct.

I am currently in school and have to work 2 jobs, so my free time is spent studying however early December I will have a month off and I would like to devote a portion of my time to helping with the patch so I just want to make sure I'm keeping up with everything now so I don't get behind in case things change with your translator.
Special T

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby knight0fdragon » Thu Oct 06 2005 7:42pm

yes that is correct, for the most part, the only thing that needs to be done is what people are actually saying, basically lines of dialog. Every file group also contains the basics like menus, this is to reduce loading times I am guessing

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby the ark666 » Fri Oct 07 2005 3:59pm

I can't recreate an iso with the patcher. It doesn't work.
the ark666

Postby Xuande » Fri Oct 07 2005 4:20pm

I'll help if i can. I dont have much knowledge of hack but from what you've said it's what you want isn't to complex. If you want me to try i'll do anything i can to get this project done as fast as possible.
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs Pain, order up some violent quiche.
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs Pain, order up some violent quiche.
Xuande

Postby knight0fdragon » Fri Oct 07 2005 5:29pm

that would be great, aho and I almost have chapter 1 done, so we need help on the other chapters

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Xuande » Fri Oct 07 2005 5:37pm

Tell me what to do and i'll do it then. I'll be proud to help with this great project.
Xuande

Postby knight0fdragon » Fri Oct 07 2005 6:35pm

Start with chapter 2, fill in text from the story, I am not sure what file it is though, so use the dev patches to find them

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Xuande » Mon Oct 10 2005 3:44am

AAAAHHGGHHGHG!?!

I downloaded all the stuff i needed yesterday, copied the cd files to my pc and created a patch for the SF3-2 game. Then i decided to leave it till today to try with the translation. I however have just been handed a massive project for my College art class and it will be talking all my time. I've got the project for a month so in a month i'll be back and ready to help. Sorry KoD. I will help in future though.
Xuande

Postby knight0fdragon » Mon Oct 10 2005 4:23am

pshhh ur not a true college student, dont you know you wait till the day before to do any HUGE project, and an hour before to do any normal project. Kids these days

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Special T » Mon Oct 10 2005 11:45pm

Hey KOD I don't know if you are aware of this or not but

From what I understand you did not get along with the people who ran "The Whirlpool" videogame translation website which has now shut down, for some reason they would never put any information up on there website regarding your translation.

Well Nightcrawler (a fellow hacker not really associated with "The Whirlpool") has decided to create a new website, which he is hoping to turn into a community of VG hackers something like "The Whirlpool" but better.

So once Nightcrawler website is up and active maybe you might be able to find others willing to assist with the translation as well.

Here is the message board I found the info at which shows his plans for the website, it sounds like it has some promise as long as everything rolls out according to plan.

http://transcorp.parodius.com/cgi-bin/y ... 33;start=0
Special T

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby OddEye1 » Mon Oct 10 2005 11:50pm

Sounds Good! :thumbsup:
"Go east to the long forgotten lands of Kalimdor.It is there where you will find your destiny, Shining Hero."says Prophet.
"Go east to the long forgotten lands of Kalimdor.It is there where you will find your destiny, Shining Hero."says Prophet.
OddEye1

Postby knight0fdragon » Tue Oct 11 2005 1:36am

The whirlpool site posted false information that pissed me off, then this other guy Cyberwarrior and I got into a little feud thanks to it, since he felt there was a "credit" issue. Things between us have worked out but sites like that just piss me off and Im glad they didnt post any info. Id suggest if Nightcrawler wants to post any news, make sure its accurate, or there will be trouble there too. He can either quote from here or ask me for permission with regards to my work

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Alexander_13 » Tue Oct 11 2005 1:47am

The whirlpool site did the same with final conflict patch so you are right
Alexander_13

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby knight0fdragon » Tue Oct 11 2005 2:12am

yes thank you alexander its nice to know i can count on you when i need a kiss in the ass

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Special T » Tue Oct 11 2005 3:25am

I could understand your frustration, but once the new website is up I will email nightcrawler and let him know about this website so if he wants to contact you about your translation work at least the option would be available.

And also from looking back at all the different translation projects I would have to say you really must have a vast amount of knowledge on the workings of computers to be able to do this translation because most of the translation that have already been completed have been for 2-d consoles but with the move to the Saturn and PS not much work has been completed in the way of hacking and translating so I have to give you props where they are due.
Special T

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby knight0fdragon » Tue Oct 11 2005 3:37am

honestly the sad part is i belive this compression will work for a lot of games in a way. It can sort of work for SW and STHA, and I belive radiant silvergun, which somehow I also got myself involved in tranlating, although I havent done anything big for that and wont for a while.

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Special T » Tue Oct 11 2005 3:51am

So are you now part of a translation group or just lending a hand?

Also why would STHA & SW need to be retranslated did you feel it was poorly done by Sega?
Special T

Shining Member
Shining Member

PreviousNext

Return to SFIII Translation Project