Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force 3 translations?

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Re: Shining Force 3 translations?

Postby knight0fdragon » Wed Sep 07 2005 4:13am

New translator along with every file patched with there name and line number, also added the parts that Aho and I translated so far

ed2k://|file|SF3Files090605.rar|8163079 ... 7N3YPGRJ|/

I also sent a file out to Dr. Doom to mirror if for those not on emule
-- ANTI ELDAR APPRECIATION SOCIETY --

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:
Aho,Belegdol,???,Aspartate,Ark666,Dr.Doom,CyberWarriorX,StoneTheRock,an.donor,legalize freedom

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:
Aho,Belegdol,???,Aspartate,Ark666,Dr.Doom,CyberWarriorX,StoneTheRock,an.donor,legalize freedom

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby aho » Wed Sep 07 2005 4:33am

knight0fdragon @ Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:13 am) wrote: New translator along with every file patched with there name and line number, also added the parts that Aho and I translated so far

Here is a mirror link, scroll down, and click Free, you have to wait about 30 seconds to DL.

SF3Files090605.rar
aho

Postby Moogie » Wed Sep 07 2005 9:46am

PaulMurphyUK @ Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:56 am) wrote: Righty, as promised a few days ago, i have developed a website devoted to the translation project.

You can find it at The Shining Force III Translation excuse the web address, it was for a previous university project.

Anyways, hopefully you'll find anything and eveything you need to know there, it's not quite finished and i'll be adding bits and pieces as time goes on.

But I would appreciate any feedback, and suggestions for any corrections to the information i have printed.

I would just like to mention that KOD will not be involved with the website, so please don't direct any questions to him, as it will cause problems. Anything you need to ask can be sent to me, either through here at SFC or through the website (I'm morphorino), and i'll do the relevant 'leg work'.

Hopefully, everyone here will find it usefull, but the idea is just a trial, if it ends up being a waste of time, then thats the way it goes, but it's something i wanted to try, so happy viewing.

I've just set up a subdomain on shining-force.co.uk, which should be pointing to the site within 24 hours:
http://translation.shining-force.co.uk
In case you want to use that :)
The SFC Forum RPG is now live! Enjoy :)
rpg.php
The SFC Forum RPG is now live! Enjoy :)
rpg.php
Moogie

Goddess of all things Shining
Administrator

Postby PaulMurphyUK » Wed Sep 07 2005 12:03pm

Cheers, thats a much better address
PaulMurphyUK

Postby Belegdol » Wed Sep 07 2005 2:29pm

Just a little question from my side: which translation are most recent and the most suitable for end user (or a tester)? THe files that are kept directly in SCRIPT PATCHES directory? I.e. not *old* files and the developer patches? Some clerification will be helpful. Keep up the good work!.
Belegdol

Postby aho » Wed Sep 07 2005 8:00pm

The .bin files in the Script Patches Directory are the most up to date ones. The ones in the folders labeled "Old" are Old, lol.
aho

Postby knight0fdragon » Sun Sep 11 2005 4:35am

ok new bug was found, so when using the patches on a real saturn, make sure that every patch file can be modded by 4 bytes, so if a file is 3 bytes long, add 1 more byte to it(just use 00 [hex]), if its 6 bytes add 2(just use 00 00 [hex]) 8 bytes = good, 9 bytes add 3 (just use 00 00 00[hex]) and so on.....

{edit} ok according to some people there is still a problem with this, so what id suggest is try using the old files and then using cdmage to patch them in

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Ritualofthetrout » Mon Sep 12 2005 10:50pm

Id really like to help this along, but I dont have much time. Iv beent thinking I wish there was some other way to help. I dont know if this will help really but here goes:

Iv decided to donate some modchips, I have about 2 or 3. Id like them to go to someone that is really dedicated to testing the patches on a real Saturn. Im not just going to give them to anyone, Id like to make sure they are going to someone who is really helping the translation along. If you are not comfortable installing one yourself I would be glad to do it for only the cost of return shipping. (Probably about $5-$8)

Im not really sure how to insure they will go to the right people, I just hope nobody takes advantage of this offer. At first I was thinking of maybe having a contest, the person who gets the most files trasnlated each month for a few months would get one, but I decided against this as Id rather not have people rushing around, after all we want a quality translation done. So iv opted to just give one to a few of the most helpful folks.

So anyways, let me know if youd like to be considered for this.
Can anyone point me in the direction of Arc Valley or the Tavern?

Postby knight0fdragon » Tue Sep 13 2005 12:21am

If I have any say in it id say AHO but I believe he has one, besides him I guessssssss theres that web site guy, no 1 else has contacted me

found the level warping code for GS

360302e1 00xx (refer to hacking SF3-2 memory FAQ for XX)

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby aho » Tue Sep 13 2005 8:57am

SF3-2 GameFaqs

Is it possible to get a code like this for Scenario 1? Stupid synchronicty system.
aho

Postby Ritualofthetrout » Tue Sep 13 2005 6:26pm

knight0fdragon @ Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:21 am) wrote: If I have any say in it id say AHO but I believe he has one, besides him I guessssssss theres that web site guy, no 1 else has contacted me

Well yes you definitly have a say in it. If someone comes along that you feel is helping out and they are interested let me know. I just wanted to put the offer out there.

Postby retrohead » Wed Sep 14 2005 5:06pm

Hi there!

This is a great project. Reading through i cant see many people have tested this on real Saturn hardware. I did such a thing with an iso that was working fine on Cassini / SSF and it froze as soon as the first spoken words "You startled me" were supposed to be said.

Don't know if you knew this already but its not going to be much good having a translation that only plays on an emulator. Also i noticed the text graphic is very jumbled and appears to have exclamation marks behind every letter / space. I am unsure if this is an emulator problem or translation problem as i said earlier, the disc will not load on my actual Saturn.

Is this something i am doing wrong or are you aware of this problem. Has taken me about a week to get registered here with posting privilages so this is old news for me and may be older for you. I will certainly be keeping my eye on this forum from now on.

Keep up the good work chaps, i will be extensively play testing the translation at every step of the way if i can only play it in my saturn.

Thanks guys and again, keep up the fantastic work, this is the best news i have heard in ages!!!!
retrohead

Postby Ritualofthetrout » Wed Sep 14 2005 6:15pm

The text looking wierd is a bug in the emulators, it is reading something at the end of the characters wrong and placing those lines in there. Cassini/Giri Giri do this on the original US version of Scenario 1 aswell.

As for the game not playing on a real Saturn, Im not fully aware of what might be causing that, Im guessing the Saturn is getting some sort of unexpected data in the text. Emulators are more forgiving only because they are not faithfully emulating every aspect of the Saturn hardware.

Did you try using CDmage to patch the files in as stated in the post above? Could solve your problem

Postby retrohead » Wed Sep 14 2005 6:51pm

I've now had time to read the previous posts properly and it sounds like there is a problem with the file size in the most recent files so we are to use the old files for play testing on a real saturn and patch the files in using cd mage. I will wait for a further file release fixing the files to 4 byte multiples before burning another cd. I am 110% behind this project so on the next release i will definately burn another cd for testing. I am going to set up various save points as i play through the game to make testing easier but of course i will not be able to upload these as i will be testing on a real saturn. What i am going to do now is play through scenario 1 again to get a complete save ready for the next file release, that way testing that everything works fine when you continue from a scenario 1 save. This may take me some time haha. I just hope my save cart will hold out as i have lost saves in the past hence why i need to play through scenario 1 again. The great thing is, i have witheld myself all these years from reading the story for scenario 2 and 3 and even though i own both titles, i have never played more than a couple of battles each so it is gonna be great slowly progressing through checking all the text as i would not do if i had played it before.

Roll on the first chapter complete translation, but not too fast please ;)
retrohead

Postby knight0fdragon » Thu Sep 15 2005 2:31am

Thanks to Ahos image editing skills and my programming skills, we were able to create a patch for the chapter titles also, and that will be included in the next release

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby masquirinsears » Thu Sep 15 2005 9:09am

this is an amazing find, it's really helped :thumbsup:
Look at Rick quoting me of all people...

lol.
Look at Rick quoting me of all people...

lol.
masquirinsears

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby retrohead » Thu Sep 15 2005 5:03pm

Man, sounds like you guys are really gonna have this patched sooner than speculation. My mate is guessing it will take over a year from now!!

Now that you have edited the chapter titles, this project is getting better by the minute. Cant wait to play test it properly.

I have been posting messages in news forums stating that this project is under way trying to bring people that may be of some use. Its a shame the saturn still isnt loved nowhere near as much as it should be then perhaps more people would be interested in helping. Well im here for playtesting and if i ever feel adventurous, i will try to help with the translation process.

The skys the limit!!!
retrohead

Postby knight0fdragon » Sun Sep 18 2005 10:13pm

Could someone format the quest log bios to about 200ish characters for each character and place them in the order as seen in the book shelf, if you want to put them in the translator itself, it is located at file 4 of jinmei. Contact me if you would like to do this so that I can give credit to you. Everything else in there is done except for the bios, and i did the main characters (Ju-me-syn)

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS

SF3 Tran. Project:
People helping:

Myspace page for DS work
Knight0fDragonDS
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby retrohead » Wed Sep 28 2005 4:50pm

not much response there then :(
retrohead

Postby aho » Wed Oct 05 2005 4:15pm

Been bogged down with schoolwork/crap, hopefully I can get back to helping KoD soon.
aho

PreviousNext

Return to SFIII Translation Project