SFIII Translation Project: Scenario 3 Error Report Topic

Please read first post first!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: problems with scenario 3?

Post by Swalchy »

Nirek @ Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:55 am) wrote: Speaking of saving as if on an actual Saturn, I am playing through the games on an actual Saturn (an unmodded US Saturn), using the swap trick to start the games. I just finished Scenario 1 and am hoping for Scenario 2 for Christmas. I am wondering, though, if i can get past that Scenario 3 glitch on my Saturn when i get there, in the current state. I can't really use the Japanese disk since my system won't very well play one. I was thinking that i could perhaps rip my Japanese disk, remove the region coding, burn a new disk, and play with that.

anyone know if that will work, or if there is another way to get past the glitch on an (unmodded) US Saturn?
That'll certainly work.

If you rip your Japanese Scenario 3, change the region code of the ISO/BIN to your Sega Saturn's region, burn the iso, you can then use the swap trick to play the Japanese Scenario 3 on your Sega Saturn using the swap trick.

It's what I did with all my Pal games to play on my White Japanese Sega Saturn, although I have a modchip rather than using the swap trick :)
Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.
Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...

Mensa Member
IQ 137
Not bragging; just making you dumb-asses aware. :evilgrin:
Nirek

Post by Nirek »

Swalchy @ Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:06 pm) wrote:That'll certainly work.

If you rip your Japanese Scenario 3, change the region code of the ISO/BIN to your Sega Saturn's region, burn the iso, you can then use the swap trick to play the Japanese Scenario 3 on your Sega Saturn using the swap trick.

It's what I did with all my Pal games to play on my White Japanese Sega Saturn, although I have a modchip rather than using the swap trick :)
Now the real question is, do you know of a tool i can use to rip my Japanese disk? ;)

i tried using alcohol 52% and it failed :(
BoneIdol
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by BoneIdol »

Nirek @ Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:35 am) wrote: Now the real question is, do you know of a tool i can use to rip my Japanese disk? ;)

i tried using alcohol 52% and it failed :(
My advice is to use UltraISO. It isn't free but the trial version doesn't have a timelimit and suffices for ripping games.

You just need to insert your Japanese Disc, open UltraISO and go to Tools -> Make CD/DVD Image. Then just check the .bin/.cue option, select the drive with your SF3 disc in it and click the Make button. Job done. :)
extremus

Remotest Issue

Post by extremus »

Hello,

It's been awhile since I posted; I only updated with the Version 11 patch a short while back and just got around the trying to finish Scenario 3. The reason I'd been waiting to do so is that I KNOW I'm missing out on a ton of vital information story-wise, because (SPOILER ALERT) the village is split into two factions (I'll leave it at that in case anyone read this far). I just didn't want to finish out the game without knowing why this is the case.

Anyway, when I booted up Scenario 3 tonight and played the disc, everyone was speaking in fully translated English inside the sanctuary. However, once I ventured out the doors to the other rooms all the villagers' text was fully in Japanese.

I just wanted to ask if this is actually a problem from something done on my end, or if the Remotest villager dialogue code for Version 11 was simply translated into Japanese for later translation into English by you guys; I understand that Version 11 is still a work in progress. I'd be very grateful for any clarification.

And thanks once again for all of your hard work in translating this outstanding game!
mesmer

Re: Remotest Issue

Post by mesmer »

The final chapter on scenario 3 isn't completely translated yet.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
extremus

Re: Remotest Issue

Post by extremus »

Thanks very much for the insight, Mesmer! Looking forward to seeing the last pieces come together (as I know you guys are as well)!
Rick
Lionheart
Shining Legend

Re: Scenario 3 Error Report Topic

Post by Rick »

From the start of the game, Gracia's Staff of Besem has the following description:

Staff- Light & Dark resist +30, Shining L2

Gracia only has Shining L1 at this point

Rick's 10K Run Blog

SF Community Project. Come have a looksie
Chaos Wizard wrote:I prefer beauty more then Virginal. But no skanks. :angry:
masquirinsears wrote:wow that rick, he's so hot right now, rick...
-----
Shining Force: Ancient Pathways RPG
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
HP: 21/21 |||||||||||||||||||||
-----
BoneIdol
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by BoneIdol »

Weapon descriptions list the maximum level of the spell it grants. Sadly, it isn't possible to list the actual level without changing the game's code.

I gather that the text parser in SF3 will replace certain characters with a value passed to the text box by the game. The game does not pass any values to the textbox for item descriptions. :(
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by legalize freedom »

Do all weapons that grant spells level up their spells or just this one?
Rick
Lionheart
Shining Legend

Post by Rick »

They level up based on the weapon level of the character usually... in the Europe Sc1, the description usually reads 'acquires Blaze Magic' or such, it doesn't usually state the maximum level in the description iirc...
Rick's 10K Run Blog

-----
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
-----
BoneIdol
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by BoneIdol »

The weapons text doesn't list anything like how much crit/counter goes up either. I personally like the additions; knowing the spell level is actually very handy because you can work out when your next level up is going to be.

Spell level 1 means spell level is always 1
Spell level 2 means spell level is 2 at weapon level 3 and level 1 the rest of the time
Spell level 3 means that the spell level equal to weapon level (minimum 1)
Spell level 4 means that the spell level is equal to weapon level + 1

Simples. ;)
Reincar

What remains to be fixed

Post by Reincar »

I've found a text mistake in the beginning of chapter 2 of third scenario. Can't post the image so i will just describe it. During Donhort's conversation about his new purpose for life he says "So I decided to cut myself offas well". I think the "offas" thing must be fixed. By the way, I've downloaded latest translation patch at 07.02.11.
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Re: What remains to be fixed

Post by Cullsoft »

Although I can't say for sure in this case, typos like that may be deliberate due to text and file size limits.
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by legalize freedom »

This is an error, but Sc3 has not been reviewed yet, so I'm sure there are hundreds.
Thief
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Thief »

Ah, so that's why. I don't really mind the typos, as long as the meanings get across, considering that the patch for this part of the game isn't in beta stage yet. However, I'm taking screenshots of such typos, so.
Thief
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Thief »

Ah, this topic is handy.

Scenario 3 sure has quite some ways to go to match up to the current quality of Scenario 2's translation. :D
Rick
Lionheart
Shining Legend

Post by Rick »

Multiple Errors with the shopkeepers in Destonia:

Greeting Julian

Looking at an item to buy

After buying an item

After giving a bought item to a character

Checking the deals section

Prices Overlapping
Rick's 10K Run Blog

-----
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
-----
Thief
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Thief »

The mixed up greeting/response lines in the shop was annoying at first, then I thought it was perfect for an Imperial shop to belittle a foreign mercenary's affordability, then now it simply feels like a funny feature unique to Scenario 3. :thumbsup:

If only the pricing/gold counter part isn't messed up though, since it's harder to keep track of expenses. I kept running out of gold without realising it.
Rick
Lionheart
Shining Legend

Post by Rick »

Did the hanging on the end of Chapter 1 occur to you too? you get the summary with no advance?
Rick's 10K Run Blog

-----
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
-----
Thief
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Thief »

Yes, as expected. Though it gave a chance of re-watching the whole ending of Chapter 1 again in Japanese. The vocab is surprisingly not as complicated as I thought it'd be. Though, still not as satisfying as experiencing them all in English, of course.