Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

Please read first post first!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Re: Scenario 2

Postby Sinful Force » Fri Dec 17 2010 10:51pm

I noticed the mixed up/trippy greenish colours only when I used at least one of Papesh's monsters & after their turn, I think? Memory is a bit fuzzy & I haven't recruited any monsters in the last few playthroughs just because I didn't want too. So I'm really not sure what exactly triggered it or if it's still around with those recruits.

So yeah, anybody with an old patch with this problem may maybe want to try without Papesh recruits (again, not too sure on this), if not just play the Japanese version swap trick Rems suggested.
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
Sinful Force

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Kalkano » Fri Dec 17 2010 11:18pm

Happened to me in the same battle whenever it was a wyvern's (Paapets captured monster) turn. I just played the Japanese version until the very end of the battle. If it's a specific monster causing it for you too, you could just let it die at the very beginning of the battle, or play the whole thing in Japanese. It's up to you.
Currently Playing for the First Time: Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Black Eagles Route)

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Currently Playing for the First Time: Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Black Eagles Route)

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby xSladex » Fri Dec 17 2010 11:39pm

how do you play the japanese version if you have the american system? And the patch i have is new i just burned it to a game last sunday. It starts when i use one of Pappet's monsters that i captured as well.
xSladex

Postby Swalchy » Fri Dec 17 2010 11:57pm

Well, if you have a mod chip for your Sega Saturn or you're doing the swap trick, all you have to do is set the region code on your Japanese ISO to USA before you burn it, and the Saturn will think that it's a USA CD.

Google "satconv" or "Sega Saturn region patcher", and you'll find a programme that does what I mention above :)
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Sinful Force » Sat Dec 18 2010 1:26am

Swalchy @ Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:57 pm) wrote:Google "satconv" or "Sega Saturn region patcher", and you'll find a programme that does what I mention above :)

Been meaning to get this one of these days, and I didn't really need it until yesturday when I decided to continue my PAL version of Shining Wisdom. Only since I last played it I didn't have a widescreen monitor yet, and the the correct aspect ratio for PAL is wider than the NSTC one. So with this thingy I can change the region and unstretch the image to be NSTC aspect ratio (allready done it). So yeah, thanks for the name of this thing.
Sinful Force

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Sat Dec 18 2010 3:46am

Sinful Force @ Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:51 pm) wrote: I noticed the mixed up/trippy greenish colours only when I used at least one of Papesh's monsters & after their turn, I think? Memory is a bit fuzzy & I haven't recruited any monsters in the last few playthroughs just because I didn't want too. So I'm really not sure what exactly triggered it or if it's still around with those recruits.

Something seems to be glitched with Pappets's hydras. When I took two of them to the Garvin battle, they were both replaced by wyverns and caused the color glitch you guys are talking about whenever their turns came around. I think their name display was also blank in one spot or another, but my memory of that is uncertain.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby xSladex » Mon Dec 20 2010 2:46am

My computer doesnt let me download those programs :( but i was reading on other ways to play different region games and from what i understand is that an action replay cartridge will allow you to play a japanese game, can someone let me know if this is true so i dont spend my money on something that will not work. Thanks
xSladex

Postby Swalchy » Mon Dec 20 2010 3:03am

xSladex @ Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:46 am) wrote: My computer doesnt let me download those programs :(

If you have access to the internet, you can download those programmes.

They're freeware, so they're free to download, ergo, your PC will let you download them
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Mon Dec 20 2010 3:11am

but i was reading on other ways to play different region games and from what i understand is that an action replay cartridge will allow you to play a japanese game, can someone let me know if this is true so i dont spend my money on something that will not work. Thanks

Yes; that's just what I use to play Japanese and PAL games on my Saturn.

However, if you're savvy enough to have modded your Saturn, you may prefer to install a language switch(see sections 9.5 and 9.6 here) instead.

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Rems » Mon Dec 20 2010 5:04pm

xSladex @ Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:46 pm) wrote: My computer doesnt let me download those programs :( but i was reading on other ways to play different region games and from what i understand is that an action replay cartridge will allow you to play a japanese game, can someone let me know if this is true so i dont spend my money on something that will not work. Thanks

yes, I use it on a modded US Saturn to play my European Sc1, patched Sc1 and Japanese patched/unpatched Sc2-3. They all work. Plus it gives extra space for saves.
Qui fait le malin, tombe dans le ravin.
Hop ! Bof...
Qui fait le malin, tombe dans le ravin.
Hop ! Bof...
Rems

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby xSladex » Thu Dec 23 2010 9:55pm

Ok Thanks for all the help everyone
xSladex

Postby Sho » Fri Dec 24 2010 3:44pm

Nevermind, lesson learned - Don't capture hydras
Pissing lightning and shitting success since 1983

2012 - Zion ~ Do not be fooled or in fear of the Olympic event
Pissing lightning and shitting success since 1983

2012 - Zion ~ Do not be fooled or in fear of the Olympic event
Sho

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

The Harpy Killed my Game!

Postby Nirek » Wed Jan 26 2011 10:56pm

So i'm currently playing through scenario 2, and i've gotten to the point where i'm in split battle that is second to last in the game.

I've used Pappets to tame a few beasts to help me out, and when the Harpy's turn comes up, my game becomes nigh unplayable. Half of the screen gets covered in a greenish fuzz and the other half dispays a madly distorted SF3, and i can't see the menus at all.

So, my question is, how do i get rid of the harpy from my tamed monsters? Do i just have to go tame some more that aren't harpies?

thanks!
Nirek

Re: The Harpy Killed my Game!

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Wed Jan 26 2011 11:25pm

Get the harpy killed in a battle somehow... That's the only solution I'm aware of.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Postby legalize freedom » Thu Jan 27 2011 12:13am

I have logged this to fix for the next patch.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Nirek » Thu Jan 27 2011 12:27am

Thanks Oddeye - that worked.

Legalize freedom - the issue was that the harpy's name was missing from the namebox when it was fighting for me.
Nirek

Postby GalmHandrel » Sat Jan 29 2011 12:01pm

Just to add - It's not just harpies, I had tamed Hydras and they appeared as nameless Wyverns, with the same glitching. Had to reload a couple of times but often the distortion remained clear enough to get on with the battle.
GalmHandrel

Postby Nirek » Tue Feb 01 2011 7:30pm

That's quite interesting, because i also tamed Hydras with no problem. I had three of them in the second-to-last battle in the game.
Nirek

Postby Kaihaku » Tue Feb 01 2011 7:36pm

Lord Oddeye sama wrote:Get the harpy killed in a battle somehow... That's the only solution I'm aware of.

Don't tame harpies.
Kaihaku

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Wed Feb 02 2011 12:04am

Yeah, tame queen worms instead. :evilgrin:
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Jinx unto ye!

¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Jinx unto ye!

Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

PreviousNext

Return to SFIII Translation Project