Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

Please read first post first!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Re: Scenario 2 switchpoint crash

Postby bigrand » Tue Oct 12 2010 8:54pm

Damn, that was an easy fix....
Thanx suoturska!!!!
bigrand

scenario 2 progress report?

Postby ericm » Mon Nov 08 2010 1:15am

I have searched for this information and can't seem to find anything specific in regards to it; in scenario 2 (translated, playing on a burned disc using saturn swap trick), at the end of chapter 1, the synopsis for the chapter says "PC302 did this and found PC201, while PC400...etc." I also noticed these 'place holders' are what pop up in the encyclopedia section in the town HQ's.
Is this an error in my own disc or a lack of translation for this section?
I can easily look up the script for this synopsis on SF Central, BUT, are there any other sections on sc. 2 that are blatantly untranslated like this??

So, I played through the first re-translated scenario, and like I said, the end of ch. 1 in sc. 2, and I have to say, you guys have done a phenomenal job with this, so far.

So actually..just replayed the battle right before the end of chapter 1, and the text came out correctly translated this time, no placeholder thingies.
ericm

Re: scenario 2 progress report?

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Nov 08 2010 1:31pm

Don't think I have heard of this one specifically before.

Character names are stored in the save file, so maybe you got a funky save somewhere.

As long as it snapped out of it, and is working now, I guess that's all that matters.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby nagev2100 » Mon Nov 08 2010 9:18pm

Provided ericm played through the first chapter without saving+loading it may be the following case we once discussed:

Q1: Which files do the mem-combos come from?
If you start a new game, the combos come from the JINMEI file. If you save (but continue playing) it is still the JINMEI file. As soon as you restart and load any file it’s the SAMPLE file the mem-combos are taken from.

Problems I can think of:
The combos in the jinmei and sample file differ and one would play through the game without a break/loading.

So the files should be synced.
15. Dieses Produkt ist mit einem unlösbar verbundenen Netzstecker ausgestattet. Falls der Stecker nicht in Ihre Netzsteckdose paßt, sollte er abgeschnitten und ZERSTÖRT und durch einen passenden neuen Stecker ersetzt werden.
15. Dieses Produkt ist mit einem unlösbar verbundenen Netzstecker ausgestattet. Falls der Stecker nicht in Ihre Netzsteckdose paßt, sollte er abgeschnitten und ZERSTÖRT und durch einen passenden neuen Stecker ersetzt werden.
nagev2100

Tofu - Superstar
Shining Member

Postby ericm » Tue Nov 09 2010 7:00am

Well, yes, that particular part did 'fix' itself after replaying it. However I have encountered other weird errors, particularly, again, with the HQ encyclopedia (which is all messed up) and in stump village in sc. 2; the shopkeepers and the priest in stump village are both messed up; that is, both of them will not allow me to access any particular options, I simply press C and the screen acts like it confirms but stays on the same menu. Again this is only stump village. The shopkeeper, in particular, has those weird text things over what hes trying to say. I can go and get more specific info than that, I'm still in stump village. But I haven;t played since yesterday.
Want to point out again, that I'm playing via a burned disc on a saturn using swap trick. So that may be part of it. But I played sc. 1 in this fashion without any problems whatsoever, and thats the only weird things I've found so far in sc. 2.
OH..and the end of chapter 2 presented a synopsis with a single text placeholder, something like 'PC24534'. Period. No other text in the synopsis. I didn't replay that last battle to see if it would correct, I just went on here and looked up the script to see what it was supposed to say.
ericm

Postby Sinful Force » Tue Nov 09 2010 9:51am

When the words are all messed up like that, it just means no dialog was inserted in that area (it's like that for identification & location of the text in the game for the people inserting the text to know where to insert the dialog). Like for the shops in Stump Village, which has been like that for awhile.

The only problem I encountered by those shops in Stump, without words inserted, was that I didn't have enough room to buy an item/weapon for a specific characters. Which lead me to believe it was bugged for a second until I realized my mistake. Other than that, I've had the game crash at one or two ocassions in the item shop. So there shouldn't be any problems, unless... Sometimes while the translation team work on making additional dialog inserting & stuff, they introduce new bugs too. As I've noticed last playthrough.

Also, you have to keep in mind that a large portion of Scenario needs be seriously tested and alot of the script still needs to be reviewd for accuracy and mistakes (not sure how much progress on Scenario 2 occured since I last played?). Like I suspect that alot of the townspeople dialog in Chp.5 to be mixed up, because I've noticed a couple of lines allready being mixed up & not belonging to the right person (like Garosh/Jades parents & relatives + I suspect a couple in Saraband). However, fret not, there are bound be some mistakes, problems, and such still since the translation is still work in progress.
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
Sinful Force

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby legalize freedom » Tue Nov 09 2010 1:36pm

I'm not surprised to hear of more issues. Something doesn't sound right.

For the name combos the PC would only have 2 numbers after it like "PC50". For the placeholders, it should be the file name, page and line, something like "FILENAME8_205". Your description doesn't resemble these. And besides with the V11 patch, there shouldn't be any of these left.

Try to get it running on SSF and see if you get the same sort of errors. I'm suspicious of your particular patch and burn. A hardware issue is also always a possibility with these old systems.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Scenario 2 crash issue

Postby Sethain » Sun Nov 14 2010 10:53pm

I'm having a bit of a problem with the patched Scenario 2. At the Switching Point battle when Medion's Army meets with Synbios's, the game will suddenly freeze up when Medion speaks after Synbios appears and will display an error message. I've tried the same iso untranslated and it works fine, just that one part is what causes the game to crash. Any suggestions to solve this?

EDIT: Nevermind the issue, I had played after the crashing point with the untranslated version and then started the translated one after then and it worked. Still, is this an issue other people have?
Sethain

Re: Scenario 2 crash issue

Postby Sinful Force » Mon Nov 15 2010 1:21am

I think it may be due to two different versions of Scenario 2. So if you want to help us varify this, when you get to the start of chapter 2, battle 1, keep track of what the guy in Blue looks like in his portrait when he talks. Then, go to the bookcase and look him up in there. Is his picture different or the same in the Bookcase?
Sinful Force

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby BoneIdol » Mon Nov 15 2010 3:01pm

I remember someone posting in another thread that setting SSF to the highest compatibility setting would stop this crash. There's probably one setting somewhere that it doesn't play too nicely with.
BoneIdol

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Martin III » Sun Nov 21 2010 1:11am

Hey, just ran into this glitch myself. It happens at a slightly different spot for me, though. For me it crashes when Benetram delivered his line about fighting two armies at once.

I've already gotten past the point using the untranslated version, but if this is of use to anyone, here's the exact text of the error message which appears:

Master SH2 code=01C3
060766F0 : (01C3) Unknown code

SlaveSH2 code=5068
0600D368 : (5068) MOV.L @(H'20,R6), R0

68000 code = 51CFFFD4
0000111A : (51CFFFD4) DBRA.W D7, $000010F0
SH2 Unknown code : 01C3

Sinful Force) wrote:I think it may be due to two different versions of Scenario 2. So if you want to help us varify this, when you get to the start of chapter 2, battle 1, keep track of what the guy in Blue looks like in his portrait when he talks. Then, go to the bookcase and look him up in there. Is his picture different or the same in the Bookcase?

It looks the same to me. What exactly is the difference should I be looking for?
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby cabbagepatch » Fri Nov 26 2010 5:11pm

i had that varlant battle problem solved it by turning off "check slave sh2 idle loop"
i realise this isnt that great a help given youre trying to perfect the game patch but it allows you to carry on playing.
cabbagepatch

Scenario 2

Postby xSladex » Fri Dec 17 2010 5:24pm

First off i just want to say thanks for making these games possible to play. Its my first play through of scenario 2 and i burnt the iso to a disc and am playing it in a modded saturn. The game has been working perfect from beginning to start. But last night as I was in the middle of the battle with Garvin inside of the tank all of a sudden the screen went green and the picture was cut in half and basically i couldnt tell who was who and i couldnt play the rest of the game out. What do you think is the problem, maybe the iso??? I tried to play through it to see if it went back to normal but it didnt, the screen just ended up goin completely black. And its not my saturn because my other games still work on it. Its just that one part in the game. What should i do???
xSladex

Re: Scenario 2

Postby BoneIdol » Fri Dec 17 2010 5:31pm

I have this problem in an emulator when I use the Scenario 2 translation patch, although it just screws the colours until I go to a battle animation, I can still play the game fine.

It happens at the start of a Giga Breaker's turn. I'm guessing there's something wrong with their name in the script for the battle, as it just shows them as having a blank name.
BoneIdol

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Swalchy » Fri Dec 17 2010 5:42pm

Lemme just check what file is being used for that fight.

I'll see what's going on.
Edit:

Although as I did a reinstall of Windows 7 the other day, I forgot to do the dxupdate, so I've just got the damn Audio error on SSF >.>

Be done in 30 mins, lol
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Dec 17 2010 6:32pm

I can fix that easily if you can tell me the chapter and section where it happens.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby BoneIdol » Fri Dec 17 2010 6:35pm

legalize freedom @ Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:32 pm) wrote: I can fix that easily if you can tell me the chapter and section where it happens.

Last Chapter, the 2nd to last battle against Garvin's tank. This happens both inside and outside the tank.

Just so you know, it's been a while since I tested this battle in an up to date Scenario 2 translation (as in, I remember it happening it quite an old version). It might have gotten fixed at some point.
BoneIdol

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Swalchy » Fri Dec 17 2010 6:57pm

Well I just played that entire battle with no problems now.

So I don't know what error you're having with a Green screen, xSladex.

Edit:

And oh, in case people had forgotten

Scenario 2 Error Report Topic :)
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Dec 17 2010 8:50pm

I do believe the new files have this fixed.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Rems » Fri Dec 17 2010 10:04pm

I had the same similar issue recently playing on a Saturn but my patched version is a few months old. In my case I got very fancy colors after the Gigabreaker is selected for the first time, and then later on I have a completely psychedelic screen totally unplayable.

What I did is play the game in Japanese until right before the fatal blow to Garvin when I resume with the patched version.

Again, it might very well have been fixed since I patched it.
Qui fait le malin, tombe dans le ravin.
Hop ! Bof...
Qui fait le malin, tombe dans le ravin.
Hop ! Bof...
Rems

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

PreviousNext

Return to SFIII Translation Project