Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

Please read first post first!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Re: Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

Postby Rems » Wed Apr 14 2010 3:07pm

for memory because my system memory is not working (but I don't activate any cheats)

I should also specify that after the first crash, I tried again and it passed the enemy character where it crashed, stayed a long time on the following one, passed it to another Masked Monk, stayed a long time again and eventually crashed.

So it didn't reproduce identically.

I have SSF and Daemon Tool. Do you want me to test with the burnt CD or with a mounted image in Daemon Tool?
Qui fait le malin, tombe dans le ravin.
Hop ! Bof...
Hop ! Bof...
Rems

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Swalchy » Wed Apr 14 2010 5:26pm

The burnt CD you're using.

And you need to replace the CR2032 battery by the sounds of things :) (for your memory, which I'm guessing you already know about)
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Rems » Wed Apr 14 2010 6:55pm

ok, I'll test.

I thought those batteries were not findable anymore, were they?

I also take the chance to ask: the introduction animation is skipped: is this a burning issue or a patch issue, or something else (in case you know)?
Hop ! Bof...
Hop ! Bof...
Rems

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Swalchy » Wed Apr 14 2010 7:43pm

No, they still sell CR2032 batteries here in England, especially as watches use them. Pretty sure most stores in America should sell them too.

And I don't think it's supposed to miss out the animated intro at all...
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Rems » Thu Apr 15 2010 2:37pm

My patched Sc1 would also skip the intro animation in some occasions, both in SSF and on modded Saturn...

Back to the original problem. I gave it another shot on the Saturn (before testing on SSF) and, even if the cursor sometimes stays a long time on an enemy before his top right corner blue box pops up and he starts moving, I made it through the battle without CD Error. By the way the Error is not really a clash per say: music plays, I can still rotate the view and zoom, but the cursor is just stuck on an enemy and nothing else happens... It feels like it doesn't manage to load the blue box where the name and stats (HP/MP/LE) of the enemy appear.

Now in battle #3, same problem: I tried two times the battle but both times the CD Error bug quickly appeared and I couldn't make it through. I wonder if it is just my modded Saturn starting to fall apart? Or could it be a compatibility issue? speed issue (don't know if that makes sense)?

I also went back to the patch files. Why are some files out of the zip file? I picked all the .bin that are out as well to overwrite what's in the .zip but not the .SPR. So I have an old .SPR from the last time I downloaded the patch files (that is some months ago). I also noticed that there is no .SPR in the Sc1 .zip but it is in the s1 directory.
So what is the deal with all those extra files. Shall they be used for patching or not? Could it be the source of my problems?

I feel like I'm messing up but I appreciate your help.
Hop ! Bof...
Hop ! Bof...
Rems

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Swalchy » Thu Apr 15 2010 4:07pm

I honestly have no idea why those files aren't in the .ZIP folder. Only LF could answer such a question.

Anyway, I myself have downloaded the S2 current files.zip file, extracted only those in the .ZIP file (leaving those ones on the FTP that aren't in the .ZIP folder alone) into the s2 folder in the SF3patch folder, and re-patched my Japanese Scenario 2.

Playing it on SSF, I have no error, and the into film is working fine with no problems.

Try testing your patched CD in SSF. If you still have the same problems, delete all the files in the s2 folder in the SF3patch folder, and re-extract only those from the current patch files zip file into the s2 folder, and try a re-patched ISO in SSF and then on your Sega Saturn.

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a patch problem atm, as no one else has come across this error in the same place as of yet :)
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Rems » Tue Apr 20 2010 3:36am

So for the record, I downloaded the zipped files only; I burnt it from the directory where the image is created (previously I did it from another directory where I store the image files... don't know if it matters) and... everything works fine (no more CD Error and the intro is played).

So I guess something wrong happened at some point in my first attempt. I can't trust my burning software and hardware so much so it is hard, I guess, to diagnose what it is that went wrong.

Thanks for the support anyway.
Hop ! Bof...
Hop ! Bof...
Rems

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Lord Tybalt » Fri Apr 30 2010 4:09am

I'd assume it's been pointed out but Master Gabriel, before you start the game says "The only thing that matters is that you do YOU best..."

Also, is the bookcase in HQ expected to be translated or does it seem theres no hope? I havent been able to find anyrhing in regards to this.
Lord Tybalt

Postby legalize freedom » Sat May 01 2010 2:01pm

This is the Scenario 2 thread. I believe these issues are about Sc3.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Lord Tybalt » Mon May 10 2010 3:47am

I've only played the patched scenario 2. These are from scenario 2.
Lord Tybalt

Postby suoturska » Sat Jul 31 2010 9:47am

I started playing Scenario 2 and went to read the headquarters bookcase the first chance I got, and the entry for Irene mentions her having been in something called a "marital arts temple".

Now this looks like a typo, but i do remember there being this female servant in Aspia castle in Scenario 1 who seemed a bit jealous about the amount of male attention Irene was getting. I thought she was just being petty at first, but now i kinda see where she was coming from, as she probably couldn't do much to compete with a trained professional.

After all, looking at the game script, Irene even managed to work her magic on the gruff marksman Hayward, who couldn't help but mention how cute she was when you talked to him in the train.
suoturska

Postby Musashi » Sun Aug 29 2010 12:23am

I've been getting a freezing glitch any time I play with a CD other than the one I first played with. It happens any time a Summon Spell is attempted or one of my team performs a critical/special attack. Animation starts, music keeps playing, but motion freezes and the map never comes back.

I've been playing with a copy I burned in April. I had one incident where this version would freeze when the map switched from the Elbesem City ruins to the battle map with the lightning towers. I ended up using the Japanese version during the transitions to avert that lockup, but the Japanese one would itself lock up if I got a critical/special attack.

Now: I'm almost stuck on the last map. I just burned a v11 copy, figuring I'd finish the game with it, but it gets the special move lock (on summons too). But the one I was using before gets graphical scrambles and eventual freezing when the Giga Breaker inside the tank gets his turn. I will also note that the Giga Breakers name doesn't appear on the April version, but does indeed appear on v11.

I think I can get out of this as I did in the Dessheren battle by saving and reloading any time the graphics get scrambled. That being said, I'd like to ask if the freezing during attacks happened to anyone else. Or if anyone else could test my original disc theory.

I have been playing on a Saturn.
Musashi

Postby Sinful Force » Sun Aug 29 2010 3:57am

Sorry man, I never had any of this stuff happen to me and I've played these games alot and on many versions of the patch (except last 2 patch versions on Sc.3 + the latest versioned patch release on all Scenarios, since it just got released) & version releases of Scenario 1+2.

But I play on an emulator also, so... I don't count. I guess.. Later.
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
Sinful Force

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby suoturska » Wed Sep 08 2010 1:22pm

Although not a beta released section, there are some serious issues with some of the lines in Chapter 5. Namely the NPCs in Garvin's office in the government district of Saraband have their lines mixed, as do the patrolling guards, and the descriptions for the actions you pick in your menus and the descriptions for what happens when you pick up items while in the office or the patrolled tunnels leading to the prison.

For example once you've entered the tunnels using Crewart's key, you give an item from one person to another, the game asks which item you want to drop instead. And if you find an item there the game tells you you found 0 gold coins, and when the item is given to someone when Medion has no room for it, it tells you you dropped it instead. So you don't know what you got or who has it. And bookcases are called sarcophaguses.

If a guard catches you he says a diplomat's line, and if you go to Garvin's office after the prison battle, the NPCs are talking as if Garvin had already fled Saraband. And once he actually has fled after the next battle with Dessheren in his private palace, the diplomat NPCs are saying the lines that should've belonged to the guards blocking the way to the rooms in the upstairs of the office before the prison battle. And the Scholars upstairs had their lines messed up after the Dessheren battle as well. Those are the things I noticed, anyway. There may be more.

These would be sections 5-7, 5-9 and 5-11, I believe.

And there's an another NPC dialogue issue in Airo village with Garosh and Jade's family. I have Garosh alive and Jade dead and their family is in the house next to the chicken coop saying the correct lines, except that Jade's wife and daughter seem to have swapped their lines with each other.

But in the house next to the church, I think it's supposed to be the village chief's house, the people are saying the lines the aforementioned family is supposed to have if Garosh dies instead of Jade.

And this would be section 5-17.
suoturska

Postby legalize freedom » Wed Sep 08 2010 6:19pm

Thanks for the input. I have recieved feedback about these issues and plan to look into them soon. Thanks especially for identifying the sections these happen in.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Help please?Scenario 2 error in ssf

Postby Easymode » Wed Sep 08 2010 11:34pm

Im having the same problem. Did the OP ever find a solution? I tried loading the original disc past the problem but even that disc gets the error. I am using the latest patch and get the error when entering the battle after the railroad dialogue. Using SSF_011a. Thanks
Easymode

Re: Help please?Scenario 2 error in ssf

Postby Sinful Force » Thu Sep 09 2010 4:43am

For some reason I only get this and other problems with only one of the two version of Scenario 2 that I have.

So which version do you have? Well, does Produn's face look like this;
or this;
For me, I only get the problems discussed in this topic when Produns pic looks like the second pic only. (EDIT - I think it's the other way around? And that only one major glitch may happen in the second one - which is the one at the swithcing point... I think? Been awhile since I played... gonna be back at it soon) Wether this is the same case for Turret or Easymode, I don't know? But letting me know would be very much appreciated.

There are a couple more differneces I found that I should probably get off my lazy butt and post 'em tomorrow with pictures for every differnece.
Sinful Force

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Scenario 2 switchpoint crash

Postby bigrand » Sat Oct 09 2010 1:59am

Anyway around this? Ive looked on here and found some posts saying there were 2 versions of scenario 2 and one of them crashed here all the time....ive downloaded 2 isos from different sites and they both crash (both patched).
Do i need to start over and play through the japanese version, pass this point, then repatch? Ive tried loading the unpatched version and starting from a save state just before the crash, and it actually crashed if i attempt to attack someone.

Any sugestions?

Thanx.....ive waited many years for this.....what a tease!!!!!
bigrand

Re: Scenario 2 switchpoint crash

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Oct 09 2010 5:56am

Use the patch with the original disc.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Scenario 2 switchpoint crash

Postby suoturska » Sat Oct 09 2010 10:10am

I had that happen while playing the patched game on SSF. I got past it by changing to the highest compatibility preset in the SSF options.
suoturska

PreviousNext

Return to SFIII Translation Project