Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14 2009 1:05pm
by Swalchy
Please Read the FAQ Topic First - Translation Project FAQ

Realising that in the FAQ I had mentioned there would be a topic dedicated to errors found in the beta released sections, and that there wasn't any, I shall now be posting three topics, one each for each scenario (to keep things tidy and non-confusing).

So, in this topic, please notify us of errors/bugs/problems/etc that you find in beta released sections of Scenario 2. The only chapter released to beta at the moment is chapter 1, so please don't post anything regarding any of the other chapters at all (those being chapters 2 - 6. DO NOT POST ANYTHING REGARDING THESE CHAPTERS).

Thank you :D

Re: Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21 2009 7:50pm
by kight
I don't know if this counts as a beta section or not, because it's not actually in any particular chapter, but I'll post it anyway: The names of Penko Carnival and Penn Flash are swapped. That was good for a chuckle given the animation of Penko Carnival.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22 2009 2:41am
by legalize freedom
Thanks. It has been logged for the next time the Sc2 repeating lines are updated.
Repeating lines can be reported on freely.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18 2009 11:52am
by Akimb0
As far as I can tell everything in Sc2 Chap-1 is fine, the only error I had was the crash bug at the railroad switch. I spoke to just about every npc I could find and didn't notice any mistakes or problems :) Will you posting a Chapter 2 report topic soon? ( soon being a loose term lol ) since the only error I've found so far is in Chapter 2 :)

( This is so I remember what/where it was:

Chapter 2, Lineside Weapon Shop, Weapon Seller, Greeting Dialogue.
Chapter 2, End line ( on the black screen )
Chapter 3, Stump Village Arrival, Syntesis, Wondering instead of Wandering.
Chapter 3, Stump Village, Weapon Shop dialogue.

I have too many bits of note paper etc. floating around and I'd forget it if I didn't write it down. )

Perhaps it would be an idea to have these reports noted on the forums now, ofc I don't expect them to be acted upon immediately lol, but having them noted down so when you -do- get to the later chapters you already have a list to work on?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18 2009 12:08pm
by legalize freedom
Once I review these areas thouroughly, they will look like Ch1 does now ;)

Swalch mod feck up

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04 2009 7:24pm
by extremus
I am in Chapter 6 of Scenario 2, during the battle of the ruins beneath Storich's warehouse (the one where you fight Dessheren in front of the Tank). Everything was running smoothly until I inspected the entrance to the tomb and the theives ran inside. When the battle shifted to inside the ruins, everything turned a bright bluish hue and was impossible to make out, much less play. Apparently the screen seemed to be split in half vertically as well; whether that was an intentional part of that tomb's play mechanics or just another glitch I don't know, because this is my first play-through.

Anyway, I'm downloading the latest FTP files for Scenario 2 and burning another disc to see if it corrects the problem. I just thought I'd give you guys a heads-up to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Re: Graphical glitch in Scenario 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04 2009 7:28pm
by alex_man
Next time show that problem with a picture

Oh no... another crash in Scenario 2 >_<

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05 2009 1:22pm
by ksot
Last night I beat battle 8 in chapter 2 where you rescue Hazuki and she joins the team and when I got to the town I entered the weapons shop, tried to buy something and the game froze. So today I had to play through the last 2 battles over again. Now I cannot get past the battle with Hazuki at all. We defeat the Sucubus, everyone chats, Hazuki's father dies, and than everyone regroups to leave and the screen fades to black, but nothing happens. The music keeps playing on the black screen for all eternity.

I saved a state right before the battle and again right before I win it and it always freezes. I tried adjusting the settings in similar ways to what fixed a previous crash details in the thread below this one, but nothing seems to work. I don't even know if you can call this a crash since the music still plays, the next part of the game is just failing to load.

Help please!

MUST BEAT SF3!

Edit: Just unchecked all the boxes under 'screen' in options and it worked. Feel free to delete thread or leave it up for future problems.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05 2009 10:42pm
by extremus
I'd like to oblige, but I have no means of taking a picture or getting a scan onto my PC right now.

UPDATE!!!!! NEW PROBLEM!!!!!

I downloaded the latest FTP, and that got me through the battle I just mentioned with no futher problems. I then completed the Hero's Test. But when I began the final battle against Garvin and his tank, I noticed the trees in front of the castle (with Medion's primary force) turned a dark color. Then, when the scene shifted to inside the tank, after about five or six character turns, everything completely glitches out, with three vertical, highly distorted bluish-hued, pixelated messes on the screen.

I've now burned and tried three separate discs, and experienced the exact same issues at the exact same time, every time. So there obviously is a serious and fatal problem here, as far as completing the game in English goes for now. I guess I'll just play through the last battle using the Japanese retail disc, then see how the Scenario 3 English patch works so far as continuing from that save.

Sorry I can't share pictures, but I've downloaded the latest FTP files, so this issue should in theory be experienced by anyone who plays the current English Patch into the last battle of Scenario 2. I hope you guys can isolate and resolve the problem in the near future. Thanks for your time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05 2009 10:49pm
by Swalchy
Please see the SF3 Translation Project FAQ Page.

And there is already a dedicated topic to Scenario 2 errors at this link.

Don't need so many sub-topics about the same thing

Sc2 Glitches

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13 2009 8:55am
by Julian
I've been having the glitch at the railroad that has been reported a few times, but unlike every one else, none of the posted solutions worked for me... I even tried to play the japan version, and play through the glitch, but my save data was lost, and now I can't get the english patch back on the game. Having some bad luck, and I'M DYING to play, haha any solutions? Thanks.

EDIT:

I managed to get the English patch back up, but no save data :damnit: So now the objective of the hour is to get my file back, any ideas? Also keeping in mind i'm trying to get through this train track glitch :( .... Life is so sad right now, lol.

Re: Sc2 Glitches

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13 2009 3:33pm
by merlin
im really baffled at this because i dont know if its the train station in SF1 or 2 or 3?.....you mean the japaneese version?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13 2009 4:29pm
by kight
This would be before the battle with General VArlant at the switching point in Scenario 2.

I was able to get past that by loading a hard save (not a save state) in SSF version 008 Alpha 1. I'm not sure what happened to the rest of your stuff, though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13 2009 6:52pm
by Julian
I'm not too sure what a hard save is actually... There's a few items in the savestate folder in my emulator folder, anyway I can retrieve my savestate from these files by any chance?

I'm really not looking forward to getting up to that point again, and run into the same glitch... :(

EDIT: Impatience kills the cat :damnit: . I couldn't wait, I'm now playing through the 1st chapter again, I will update if problem continues, thanks :thumbsup: But while I'm waiting, and FOR SURE ways to fix this glitch? I'm really not looking forward to running into it again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13 2009 7:22pm
by kight
A hard save is one that you make by actually going into the game's save menu, in this case at a church. They're saved in the files InternalBackupRAM.bin (for internal memory) and ExternalBackupRAM.bin (for a memory cart) in the SSF folder.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13 2009 9:10pm
by Julian
Yeah, gotcha. I have those files in my ssf folder, but is there anyway to load them?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13 2009 9:19pm
by kight
Well, did you ever save to them in the first place, or did you only use quicksaves?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13 2009 9:40pm
by Julian
If by hardsave you mean save in battle or in the church, then yes, I did that several times, saved right before I killed the last knight before the train tracks.

Update:

Ok, so I arrived at the tracks once again, not to see a glitchy box and a freeze, but a complete reset of the game.... Sad times. HELP PLEASSE.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13 2009 11:56pm
by kight
That's odd. Okay, walk me through it.

You started with the English version, running...which version of SSF?

You hit the glitch at the switching point, tried adjusting the settings in the emulator, no luck.

You switched to the unpatched game, again with no luck. But then you couldn't get back to the patched one? Do you mean you actually unpatched, and then tried to re-patch, the same ISO?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14 2009 1:42am
by Julian
Ok.

I first ran into the glitch after benetrem says " He's gone insane" at the train tracks, so I went back, had to do the battle beforehand again, this time I did a save from the options menu before I killed the leader of the battle, and the glitch occurred again. At this point I knew it was permanent, so i came here. I followed all of T300's option changes and instructions, it didn't work for me. I have the SSF alpha .09 R4 emulator as recommended? So i try to unpatch the game, and play through the Japanese version as instructed in the glitch topic about this before. So at this point there was NO save data on both the Backup Cart and the game load option under emulator files.

So the impatient person that I am, I couldn't wait for a reply here so I just made up for lost levels and started a new game. I'm now at the same crossing point, but not every time I get to the glitch the game just resets on me... If I could just get past this ONE part I would be happy.

SOooooo. Any solutions ?!?!?! :excited:

UPDATE:

Sooo funny story... I downloaded version SSF 0.07 BETA, and out of the 6 I've tried it finally got passed the glitch with this one! But the shitty news.... It retrieved my save data from the first time I played the game, meaning I was missing 2 characters.......... So I now have to play through the game again on this emulator to get those characters again, for some reason my file wasn't being backed up the second time I played through... Maybe because I had the same BIOS for the same emulator, different time... Regardless I'm satisfied I was able to overcome the glitch! thanks to those who've helped! Pray for me that I won't run into it again for some reason!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14 2009 10:27am
by Akimb0
You only have to copy and paste the save file ( NOT a State Save. ) over to the earlier version of SSF for that one battle. You don't need to play the whole game with it. In fact you don't even need to play the entire battle, as soon as the talking is over, you can save in battle and copy the file back to a new SSF version.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14 2009 10:21pm
by Julian
I give up.... Once again there is a freeze at the train tracks. I would love to be able to transfer the save data butttt! there is no save data what so ever in the Backup > External Backup Folder.... I didn't savestate once I saved at the church and in battle. I am so disapointed... I can't even play this game... oh my, let me know if anyone works something out or can find a way to get save data another way....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14 2009 10:26pm
by Swalchy
The "Backup" folder only has something in it if you have "Hook backup Library" ticked in the SSF options. Otherwise, the InternalBackupRAM.bin and ExternalBackupRAM.bin files are in the main folder where you have your SSF programme.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14 2009 10:28pm
by Julian
So I simply move the external backup RAM file into the older emulator folder, nowhere specific... and it should load up on the older version?

UPDATE!:

FINALLY WORKING!

I'm finally through that stupid glitch! I was looking in the backup folder for the save files because I had backup hookup enabled in the previous playthroughs. So if this same glitch happens for anyone else download Emulator 007 alpha (go to help page and get it off oddeyes post link) and then copy the externalbackupRAM file and paste it into the 007 folder, play through the glitch, save in battle, then copy and paste the ExternalRAM file back over to your original emulator!

PRAISE THE LORD! ( and the members here :thumbsup: ) Scenario 2! HERE I COME! :excited:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22 2009 2:20pm
by merlin
has anyone had a glitch problem with Shining The Holy Ark?...where at the tower of illusion you get stuck!!...............I successfully played it once and got through but when i played it again i got stuck......even though i did the correct formation steps......I wonder if its because its a PAL version?.....would this be in the NTSC version too?????????...help!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23 2009 4:35am
by Julian
Ya shoulda made a topic about this one in the STHA forum.

Try Switching emulators?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23 2009 1:32pm
by merlin
ooooooppppsssss!.....................i shuda known that....thanks for the info.....merlin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29 2009 5:08am
by Julian
Hey guys, I know you're not taking glitches past the 2nd chapter but I thought I'd just jot down the glitches I had in the game so you may look at them in the future. I am now finished. No HUGE errors to record that couldn't be fixed by changing emulators, in other words, it's not your patch it's the emulator in most cases.

Train tracks crossing point: We've all heard about this one i'm sure. Right after Benetrem says the general has gone insane, the game freezes. can be fixed by copying your external ram to emulator SSF 0.07.

Pirson cell : When trying to break your characters out of their prison cells, it will always show you an error, and freeze, if you try to break the barrels to get into the hidden doorway.

Underground ruins of Storich: If you try to go into the room to change maps the graphics get quite glitchy and it's hard to see, I didn't end up fixing this one, I just decided not to go in the room.

Battle inside the tank/ Aspia gate: If any of the "Giga Breaker" enimies get a turn, the screen either changes resolution, changes color of the game, or completely freezes. I managed to get through the battle after resetting my options.

Churches/Shops: The start of chapter 4, and all of chapter 5 and 6 have no text in the churches and the shops, including how much gold you have, and the status of the weapons and items inside the shop, Nothing major, but thought I'd mention this.

Again, I'm sorry for posting onwards from chapter 1, but I thought if I didn't jot them down here now, I'd never be back here, or i'd forget them all, You can disregard them until the time comes, hopefully they're useful in the future.

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME TRANSLATION!

No huge complaints what so ever.

Onto scenario 3 I go.

That's all! mostly emulation problems, The game was pretty smooth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22 2010 6:24pm
by Kiso
Okay i have some reports too:

Using SSF 011 alpha r4 the game crashes at the switching point, so i can hardly think it's an emulator problem as julian mentioned.
Using the japanese cd the game doesn't crash at the switching point.

By introducing Spiriel at the imperial HQ there is missing an i (Spir*i*el). Translation patch says that her name is Spirel.

You called the item "armour milk" but in SF1, SF2 and SF3 Sc. 1 it's always called "armor milk". Don't know whether it's on purpose.

Bernard's name in Sc. 1 (UK-version) is Barnard. Just want to note that.

Good work so far!
Keep translating :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23 2010 12:28pm
by legalize freedom
The switching point crash has happened to many people. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have not been able to reproduce it.

I believe this name fix is logged for fixing, but if you want to report something, you need to give me an exact location (city name, etc), chapter section, before/after battle number, etc. Otherwise, I will play hell hunting it down.

Armour Milk is correct. We are using the UK spelling for several words in the translation.

Bernard is correct.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24 2010 6:33pm
by Kiso
Well, i don't know how to explain better...

Introducing characters, their name is highlighted.

For example: Spiriel is talking the first time, then the message box is like that:

Spiriel:
-text-

And exactly that "Spiriel" is spelled wrong.
Its the first time Spiriel is talking in the imperial hq.

Hope you can find it now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25 2010 12:20pm
by legalize freedom
Just as I explained. Give me the city and chapter at least. Better yet find your time/location on the SectionProgress-ScX.xls file on the FTP and report it.

I understand the issue, I need to know where to find it in the files.

I don't have memorized when you first talk to Spiriel, I'm sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25 2010 12:27pm
by Hotspur
If he's indeed talking about Scenario 2, I believe that would be the Saraband Imperial Mansion at the start of the game, with all the generals gathered and the talk about her and Franz, and all that.

If I'm reading that excel doc properly, I believe it would be section 1-3.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25 2010 9:37pm
by legalize freedom
Bingo!

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25 2010 11:51pm
by Bulzome
I found two magic spells and I don't know what they are:

one is "Pacify" (page 4 line 200)
the other is "Chant" (page 4 line 210)

Help please?Scenario 2 error in ssf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31 2010 7:46am
by Turret
I'm using ssf 0.11 alpha r1 and the latest translation patch on http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/
This has been brought up along time ago on another topic but I encountered it today at the same spot.
In sceneario 2 at the railroad switch point after Benetram says "At this rate we'll be fighting against two armies at once." it gives me this whacky error:
---------------------------
MasterSH2 code = 01C3
060766F0 : (01C3) Unknown code

SlaveSH2 code = 5068
0600D368 : (5068) MOV.L @(H'20,R6), R0

68000 code = 51CFFFFC
00003B56 : (51CFFFFC) DBRA.W D7, $00003B54
SH2 Unknown code : 01C3
OK

I tried all sorts of stuff mentioned in the topic i found
( http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/i ... opic=10434 )
But no good.. At first I tried using the japanese cd w/o translation patch and got into the battle, saved and then tried to load it via the translated iso but it gave me another whacky error before I even got to the load game screen with the wizard and fairy... Then I tried T300's fix, it worked at first but just errored again right before the battle... I don't know whats going on anymore or how to get through this error free.
Hope someone can assist x.x
Thank you.

Re: Help please?Scenario 2 error in ssf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31 2010 4:58pm
by kight
I'd say to try loading your hardsave in an earlier version of SSF, but if you're using 0.11 I don't think any of the versions that don't have the error can load your save..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31 2010 6:34pm
by lightsol
All you have to do is load the save in a non-patched version of the game for that part, and then save again and open it in a patched version. Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14 2010 2:32pm
by Rems
I've just updated patch files and patched Sc2.
I'm playing on a modded US Saturn with an Action Replay with no cheats activated (just using the memory).
I had a 'CD ERROR' in battle #2 occurring when the cursor is selecting an enemy, then nothing happens for a couple of seconds and then the 'CD ERROR - Check the lens' message appears.

Is this a bug due to the patch? or my patching/burning didn't work properly?

Thanks!

PS: first time I play in English... really amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14 2010 2:40pm
by Swalchy
The only way to test that Rems would be to try it on SSF and see if the same error occurs in the same place.

Why are you using the Action Replay btw?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14 2010 3:07pm
by Rems
for memory because my system memory is not working (but I don't activate any cheats)

I should also specify that after the first crash, I tried again and it passed the enemy character where it crashed, stayed a long time on the following one, passed it to another Masked Monk, stayed a long time again and eventually crashed.

So it didn't reproduce identically.

I have SSF and Daemon Tool. Do you want me to test with the burnt CD or with a mounted image in Daemon Tool?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14 2010 5:26pm
by Swalchy
The burnt CD you're using.

And you need to replace the CR2032 battery by the sounds of things :) (for your memory, which I'm guessing you already know about)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14 2010 6:55pm
by Rems
ok, I'll test.

I thought those batteries were not findable anymore, were they?

I also take the chance to ask: the introduction animation is skipped: is this a burning issue or a patch issue, or something else (in case you know)?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14 2010 7:43pm
by Swalchy
No, they still sell CR2032 batteries here in England, especially as watches use them. Pretty sure most stores in America should sell them too.

And I don't think it's supposed to miss out the animated intro at all...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15 2010 2:37pm
by Rems
My patched Sc1 would also skip the intro animation in some occasions, both in SSF and on modded Saturn...

Back to the original problem. I gave it another shot on the Saturn (before testing on SSF) and, even if the cursor sometimes stays a long time on an enemy before his top right corner blue box pops up and he starts moving, I made it through the battle without CD Error. By the way the Error is not really a clash per say: music plays, I can still rotate the view and zoom, but the cursor is just stuck on an enemy and nothing else happens... It feels like it doesn't manage to load the blue box where the name and stats (HP/MP/LE) of the enemy appear.

Now in battle #3, same problem: I tried two times the battle but both times the CD Error bug quickly appeared and I couldn't make it through. I wonder if it is just my modded Saturn starting to fall apart? Or could it be a compatibility issue? speed issue (don't know if that makes sense)?

I also went back to the patch files. Why are some files out of the zip file? I picked all the .bin that are out as well to overwrite what's in the .zip but not the .SPR. So I have an old .SPR from the last time I downloaded the patch files (that is some months ago). I also noticed that there is no .SPR in the Sc1 .zip but it is in the s1 directory.
So what is the deal with all those extra files. Shall they be used for patching or not? Could it be the source of my problems?

I feel like I'm messing up but I appreciate your help.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15 2010 4:07pm
by Swalchy
I honestly have no idea why those files aren't in the .ZIP folder. Only LF could answer such a question.

Anyway, I myself have downloaded the S2 current files.zip file, extracted only those in the .ZIP file (leaving those ones on the FTP that aren't in the .ZIP folder alone) into the s2 folder in the SF3patch folder, and re-patched my Japanese Scenario 2.

Playing it on SSF, I have no error, and the into film is working fine with no problems.

Try testing your patched CD in SSF. If you still have the same problems, delete all the files in the s2 folder in the SF3patch folder, and re-extract only those from the current patch files zip file into the s2 folder, and try a re-patched ISO in SSF and then on your Sega Saturn.

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a patch problem atm, as no one else has come across this error in the same place as of yet :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20 2010 3:36am
by Rems
So for the record, I downloaded the zipped files only; I burnt it from the directory where the image is created (previously I did it from another directory where I store the image files... don't know if it matters) and... everything works fine (no more CD Error and the intro is played).

So I guess something wrong happened at some point in my first attempt. I can't trust my burning software and hardware so much so it is hard, I guess, to diagnose what it is that went wrong.

Thanks for the support anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30 2010 4:09am
by Lord Tybalt
I'd assume it's been pointed out but Master Gabriel, before you start the game says "The only thing that matters is that you do YOU best..."

Also, is the bookcase in HQ expected to be translated or does it seem theres no hope? I havent been able to find anyrhing in regards to this.

PostPosted: Sat May 01 2010 2:01pm
by legalize freedom
This is the Scenario 2 thread. I believe these issues are about Sc3.

PostPosted: Mon May 10 2010 3:47am
by Lord Tybalt
I've only played the patched scenario 2. These are from scenario 2.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31 2010 9:47am
by suoturska
I started playing Scenario 2 and went to read the headquarters bookcase the first chance I got, and the entry for Irene mentions her having been in something called a "marital arts temple".

Now this looks like a typo, but i do remember there being this female servant in Aspia castle in Scenario 1 who seemed a bit jealous about the amount of male attention Irene was getting. I thought she was just being petty at first, but now i kinda see where she was coming from, as she probably couldn't do much to compete with a trained professional.

After all, looking at the game script, Irene even managed to work her magic on the gruff marksman Hayward, who couldn't help but mention how cute she was when you talked to him in the train.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29 2010 12:23am
by Musashi
I've been getting a freezing glitch any time I play with a CD other than the one I first played with. It happens any time a Summon Spell is attempted or one of my team performs a critical/special attack. Animation starts, music keeps playing, but motion freezes and the map never comes back.

I've been playing with a copy I burned in April. I had one incident where this version would freeze when the map switched from the Elbesem City ruins to the battle map with the lightning towers. I ended up using the Japanese version during the transitions to avert that lockup, but the Japanese one would itself lock up if I got a critical/special attack.

Now: I'm almost stuck on the last map. I just burned a v11 copy, figuring I'd finish the game with it, but it gets the special move lock (on summons too). But the one I was using before gets graphical scrambles and eventual freezing when the Giga Breaker inside the tank gets his turn. I will also note that the Giga Breakers name doesn't appear on the April version, but does indeed appear on v11.

I think I can get out of this as I did in the Dessheren battle by saving and reloading any time the graphics get scrambled. That being said, I'd like to ask if the freezing during attacks happened to anyone else. Or if anyone else could test my original disc theory.

I have been playing on a Saturn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29 2010 3:57am
by Sinful Force
Sorry man, I never had any of this stuff happen to me and I've played these games alot and on many versions of the patch (except last 2 patch versions on Sc.3 + the latest versioned patch release on all Scenarios, since it just got released) & version releases of Scenario 1+2.

But I play on an emulator also, so... I don't count. I guess.. Later.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08 2010 1:22pm
by suoturska
Although not a beta released section, there are some serious issues with some of the lines in Chapter 5. Namely the NPCs in Garvin's office in the government district of Saraband have their lines mixed, as do the patrolling guards, and the descriptions for the actions you pick in your menus and the descriptions for what happens when you pick up items while in the office or the patrolled tunnels leading to the prison.

For example once you've entered the tunnels using Crewart's key, you give an item from one person to another, the game asks which item you want to drop instead. And if you find an item there the game tells you you found 0 gold coins, and when the item is given to someone when Medion has no room for it, it tells you you dropped it instead. So you don't know what you got or who has it. And bookcases are called sarcophaguses.

If a guard catches you he says a diplomat's line, and if you go to Garvin's office after the prison battle, the NPCs are talking as if Garvin had already fled Saraband. And once he actually has fled after the next battle with Dessheren in his private palace, the diplomat NPCs are saying the lines that should've belonged to the guards blocking the way to the rooms in the upstairs of the office before the prison battle. And the Scholars upstairs had their lines messed up after the Dessheren battle as well. Those are the things I noticed, anyway. There may be more.

These would be sections 5-7, 5-9 and 5-11, I believe.

And there's an another NPC dialogue issue in Airo village with Garosh and Jade's family. I have Garosh alive and Jade dead and their family is in the house next to the chicken coop saying the correct lines, except that Jade's wife and daughter seem to have swapped their lines with each other.

But in the house next to the church, I think it's supposed to be the village chief's house, the people are saying the lines the aforementioned family is supposed to have if Garosh dies instead of Jade.

And this would be section 5-17.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08 2010 6:19pm
by legalize freedom
Thanks for the input. I have recieved feedback about these issues and plan to look into them soon. Thanks especially for identifying the sections these happen in.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08 2010 11:34pm
by Easymode
Im having the same problem. Did the OP ever find a solution? I tried loading the original disc past the problem but even that disc gets the error. I am using the latest patch and get the error when entering the battle after the railroad dialogue. Using SSF_011a. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09 2010 4:43am
by Sinful Force
For some reason I only get this and other problems with only one of the two version of Scenario 2 that I have.

So which version do you have? Well, does Produn's face look like this;
or this;
For me, I only get the problems discussed in this topic when Produns pic looks like the second pic only. (EDIT - I think it's the other way around? And that only one major glitch may happen in the second one - which is the one at the swithcing point... I think? Been awhile since I played... gonna be back at it soon) Wether this is the same case for Turret or Easymode, I don't know? But letting me know would be very much appreciated.

There are a couple more differneces I found that I should probably get off my lazy butt and post 'em tomorrow with pictures for every differnece.

Scenario 2 switchpoint crash

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09 2010 1:59am
by bigrand
Anyway around this? Ive looked on here and found some posts saying there were 2 versions of scenario 2 and one of them crashed here all the time....ive downloaded 2 isos from different sites and they both crash (both patched).
Do i need to start over and play through the japanese version, pass this point, then repatch? Ive tried loading the unpatched version and starting from a save state just before the crash, and it actually crashed if i attempt to attack someone.

Any sugestions?

Thanx.....ive waited many years for this.....what a tease!!!!!

Re: Scenario 2 switchpoint crash

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09 2010 5:56am
by legalize freedom
Use the patch with the original disc.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09 2010 10:10am
by suoturska
I had that happen while playing the patched game on SSF. I got past it by changing to the highest compatibility preset in the SSF options.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12 2010 8:54pm
by bigrand
Damn, that was an easy fix....
Thanx suoturska!!!!

scenario 2 progress report?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08 2010 1:15am
by ericm
I have searched for this information and can't seem to find anything specific in regards to it; in scenario 2 (translated, playing on a burned disc using saturn swap trick), at the end of chapter 1, the synopsis for the chapter says "PC302 did this and found PC201, while PC400...etc." I also noticed these 'place holders' are what pop up in the encyclopedia section in the town HQ's.
Is this an error in my own disc or a lack of translation for this section?
I can easily look up the script for this synopsis on SF Central, BUT, are there any other sections on sc. 2 that are blatantly untranslated like this??

So, I played through the first re-translated scenario, and like I said, the end of ch. 1 in sc. 2, and I have to say, you guys have done a phenomenal job with this, so far.

So actually..just replayed the battle right before the end of chapter 1, and the text came out correctly translated this time, no placeholder thingies.

Re: scenario 2 progress report?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08 2010 1:31pm
by legalize freedom
Don't think I have heard of this one specifically before.

Character names are stored in the save file, so maybe you got a funky save somewhere.

As long as it snapped out of it, and is working now, I guess that's all that matters.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08 2010 9:18pm
by nagev2100
Provided ericm played through the first chapter without saving+loading it may be the following case we once discussed:

Q1: Which files do the mem-combos come from?
If you start a new game, the combos come from the JINMEI file. If you save (but continue playing) it is still the JINMEI file. As soon as you restart and load any file it’s the SAMPLE file the mem-combos are taken from.

Problems I can think of:
The combos in the jinmei and sample file differ and one would play through the game without a break/loading.

So the files should be synced.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09 2010 7:00am
by ericm
Well, yes, that particular part did 'fix' itself after replaying it. However I have encountered other weird errors, particularly, again, with the HQ encyclopedia (which is all messed up) and in stump village in sc. 2; the shopkeepers and the priest in stump village are both messed up; that is, both of them will not allow me to access any particular options, I simply press C and the screen acts like it confirms but stays on the same menu. Again this is only stump village. The shopkeeper, in particular, has those weird text things over what hes trying to say. I can go and get more specific info than that, I'm still in stump village. But I haven;t played since yesterday.
Want to point out again, that I'm playing via a burned disc on a saturn using swap trick. So that may be part of it. But I played sc. 1 in this fashion without any problems whatsoever, and thats the only weird things I've found so far in sc. 2.
OH..and the end of chapter 2 presented a synopsis with a single text placeholder, something like 'PC24534'. Period. No other text in the synopsis. I didn't replay that last battle to see if it would correct, I just went on here and looked up the script to see what it was supposed to say.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09 2010 9:51am
by Sinful Force
When the words are all messed up like that, it just means no dialog was inserted in that area (it's like that for identification & location of the text in the game for the people inserting the text to know where to insert the dialog). Like for the shops in Stump Village, which has been like that for awhile.

The only problem I encountered by those shops in Stump, without words inserted, was that I didn't have enough room to buy an item/weapon for a specific characters. Which lead me to believe it was bugged for a second until I realized my mistake. Other than that, I've had the game crash at one or two ocassions in the item shop. So there shouldn't be any problems, unless... Sometimes while the translation team work on making additional dialog inserting & stuff, they introduce new bugs too. As I've noticed last playthrough.

Also, you have to keep in mind that a large portion of Scenario needs be seriously tested and alot of the script still needs to be reviewd for accuracy and mistakes (not sure how much progress on Scenario 2 occured since I last played?). Like I suspect that alot of the townspeople dialog in Chp.5 to be mixed up, because I've noticed a couple of lines allready being mixed up & not belonging to the right person (like Garosh/Jades parents & relatives + I suspect a couple in Saraband). However, fret not, there are bound be some mistakes, problems, and such still since the translation is still work in progress.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09 2010 1:36pm
by legalize freedom
I'm not surprised to hear of more issues. Something doesn't sound right.

For the name combos the PC would only have 2 numbers after it like "PC50". For the placeholders, it should be the file name, page and line, something like "FILENAME8_205". Your description doesn't resemble these. And besides with the V11 patch, there shouldn't be any of these left.

Try to get it running on SSF and see if you get the same sort of errors. I'm suspicious of your particular patch and burn. A hardware issue is also always a possibility with these old systems.

Scenario 2 crash issue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14 2010 10:53pm
by Sethain
I'm having a bit of a problem with the patched Scenario 2. At the Switching Point battle when Medion's Army meets with Synbios's, the game will suddenly freeze up when Medion speaks after Synbios appears and will display an error message. I've tried the same iso untranslated and it works fine, just that one part is what causes the game to crash. Any suggestions to solve this?

EDIT: Nevermind the issue, I had played after the crashing point with the untranslated version and then started the translated one after then and it worked. Still, is this an issue other people have?

Re: Scenario 2 crash issue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15 2010 1:21am
by Sinful Force
I think it may be due to two different versions of Scenario 2. So if you want to help us varify this, when you get to the start of chapter 2, battle 1, keep track of what the guy in Blue looks like in his portrait when he talks. Then, go to the bookcase and look him up in there. Is his picture different or the same in the Bookcase?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15 2010 3:01pm
by BoneIdol
I remember someone posting in another thread that setting SSF to the highest compatibility setting would stop this crash. There's probably one setting somewhere that it doesn't play too nicely with.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21 2010 1:11am
by Martin III
Hey, just ran into this glitch myself. It happens at a slightly different spot for me, though. For me it crashes when Benetram delivered his line about fighting two armies at once.

I've already gotten past the point using the untranslated version, but if this is of use to anyone, here's the exact text of the error message which appears:

Master SH2 code=01C3

SlaveSH2 code=5068

68000 code = 51CFFFD4
0000111A : (51CFFFD4) DBRA.W D7, $000010F0

Sinful Force) wrote:I think it may be due to two different versions of Scenario 2. So if you want to help us varify this, when you get to the start of chapter 2, battle 1, keep track of what the guy in Blue looks like in his portrait when he talks. Then, go to the bookcase and look him up in there. Is his picture different or the same in the Bookcase?

It looks the same to me. What exactly is the difference should I be looking for?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26 2010 5:11pm
by cabbagepatch
i had that varlant battle problem solved it by turning off "check slave sh2 idle loop"
i realise this isnt that great a help given youre trying to perfect the game patch but it allows you to carry on playing.

Scenario 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2010 5:24pm
by xSladex
First off i just want to say thanks for making these games possible to play. Its my first play through of scenario 2 and i burnt the iso to a disc and am playing it in a modded saturn. The game has been working perfect from beginning to start. But last night as I was in the middle of the battle with Garvin inside of the tank all of a sudden the screen went green and the picture was cut in half and basically i couldnt tell who was who and i couldnt play the rest of the game out. What do you think is the problem, maybe the iso??? I tried to play through it to see if it went back to normal but it didnt, the screen just ended up goin completely black. And its not my saturn because my other games still work on it. Its just that one part in the game. What should i do???

Re: Scenario 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2010 5:31pm
by BoneIdol
I have this problem in an emulator when I use the Scenario 2 translation patch, although it just screws the colours until I go to a battle animation, I can still play the game fine.

It happens at the start of a Giga Breaker's turn. I'm guessing there's something wrong with their name in the script for the battle, as it just shows them as having a blank name.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2010 5:42pm
by Swalchy
Lemme just check what file is being used for that fight.

I'll see what's going on.
Edit:

Although as I did a reinstall of Windows 7 the other day, I forgot to do the dxupdate, so I've just got the damn Audio error on SSF >.>

Be done in 30 mins, lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2010 6:32pm
by legalize freedom
I can fix that easily if you can tell me the chapter and section where it happens.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2010 6:35pm
by BoneIdol
legalize freedom @ Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:32 pm) wrote: I can fix that easily if you can tell me the chapter and section where it happens.

Last Chapter, the 2nd to last battle against Garvin's tank. This happens both inside and outside the tank.

Just so you know, it's been a while since I tested this battle in an up to date Scenario 2 translation (as in, I remember it happening it quite an old version). It might have gotten fixed at some point.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2010 6:57pm
by Swalchy
Well I just played that entire battle with no problems now.

So I don't know what error you're having with a Green screen, xSladex.

Edit:

And oh, in case people had forgotten

Scenario 2 Error Report Topic :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2010 8:50pm
by legalize freedom
I do believe the new files have this fixed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2010 10:04pm
by Rems
I had the same similar issue recently playing on a Saturn but my patched version is a few months old. In my case I got very fancy colors after the Gigabreaker is selected for the first time, and then later on I have a completely psychedelic screen totally unplayable.

What I did is play the game in Japanese until right before the fatal blow to Garvin when I resume with the patched version.

Again, it might very well have been fixed since I patched it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2010 10:51pm
by Sinful Force
I noticed the mixed up/trippy greenish colours only when I used at least one of Papesh's monsters & after their turn, I think? Memory is a bit fuzzy & I haven't recruited any monsters in the last few playthroughs just because I didn't want too. So I'm really not sure what exactly triggered it or if it's still around with those recruits.

So yeah, anybody with an old patch with this problem may maybe want to try without Papesh recruits (again, not too sure on this), if not just play the Japanese version swap trick Rems suggested.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2010 11:18pm
by Kalkano
Happened to me in the same battle whenever it was a wyvern's (Paapets captured monster) turn. I just played the Japanese version until the very end of the battle. If it's a specific monster causing it for you too, you could just let it die at the very beginning of the battle, or play the whole thing in Japanese. It's up to you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2010 11:39pm
by xSladex
how do you play the japanese version if you have the american system? And the patch i have is new i just burned it to a game last sunday. It starts when i use one of Pappet's monsters that i captured as well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2010 11:57pm
by Swalchy
Well, if you have a mod chip for your Sega Saturn or you're doing the swap trick, all you have to do is set the region code on your Japanese ISO to USA before you burn it, and the Saturn will think that it's a USA CD.

Google "satconv" or "Sega Saturn region patcher", and you'll find a programme that does what I mention above :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18 2010 1:26am
by Sinful Force
Swalchy @ Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:57 pm) wrote:Google "satconv" or "Sega Saturn region patcher", and you'll find a programme that does what I mention above :)

Been meaning to get this one of these days, and I didn't really need it until yesturday when I decided to continue my PAL version of Shining Wisdom. Only since I last played it I didn't have a widescreen monitor yet, and the the correct aspect ratio for PAL is wider than the NSTC one. So with this thingy I can change the region and unstretch the image to be NSTC aspect ratio (allready done it). So yeah, thanks for the name of this thing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18 2010 3:46am
by Martin III
Sinful Force @ Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:51 pm) wrote: I noticed the mixed up/trippy greenish colours only when I used at least one of Papesh's monsters & after their turn, I think? Memory is a bit fuzzy & I haven't recruited any monsters in the last few playthroughs just because I didn't want too. So I'm really not sure what exactly triggered it or if it's still around with those recruits.

Something seems to be glitched with Pappets's hydras. When I took two of them to the Garvin battle, they were both replaced by wyverns and caused the color glitch you guys are talking about whenever their turns came around. I think their name display was also blank in one spot or another, but my memory of that is uncertain.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20 2010 2:46am
by xSladex
My computer doesnt let me download those programs :( but i was reading on other ways to play different region games and from what i understand is that an action replay cartridge will allow you to play a japanese game, can someone let me know if this is true so i dont spend my money on something that will not work. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20 2010 3:03am
by Swalchy
xSladex @ Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:46 am) wrote: My computer doesnt let me download those programs :(

If you have access to the internet, you can download those programmes.

They're freeware, so they're free to download, ergo, your PC will let you download them

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20 2010 3:11am
by Martin III
but i was reading on other ways to play different region games and from what i understand is that an action replay cartridge will allow you to play a japanese game, can someone let me know if this is true so i dont spend my money on something that will not work. Thanks

Yes; that's just what I use to play Japanese and PAL games on my Saturn.

However, if you're savvy enough to have modded your Saturn, you may prefer to install a language switch(see sections 9.5 and 9.6 here) instead.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20 2010 5:04pm
by Rems
xSladex @ Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:46 pm) wrote: My computer doesnt let me download those programs :( but i was reading on other ways to play different region games and from what i understand is that an action replay cartridge will allow you to play a japanese game, can someone let me know if this is true so i dont spend my money on something that will not work. Thanks

yes, I use it on a modded US Saturn to play my European Sc1, patched Sc1 and Japanese patched/unpatched Sc2-3. They all work. Plus it gives extra space for saves.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23 2010 9:55pm
by xSladex
Ok Thanks for all the help everyone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24 2010 3:44pm
by Sho
Nevermind, lesson learned - Don't capture hydras

The Harpy Killed my Game!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26 2011 10:56pm
by Nirek
So i'm currently playing through scenario 2, and i've gotten to the point where i'm in split battle that is second to last in the game.

I've used Pappets to tame a few beasts to help me out, and when the Harpy's turn comes up, my game becomes nigh unplayable. Half of the screen gets covered in a greenish fuzz and the other half dispays a madly distorted SF3, and i can't see the menus at all.

So, my question is, how do i get rid of the harpy from my tamed monsters? Do i just have to go tame some more that aren't harpies?

thanks!

Re: The Harpy Killed my Game!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26 2011 11:25pm
by Lord Oddeye sama
Get the harpy killed in a battle somehow... That's the only solution I'm aware of.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27 2011 12:13am
by legalize freedom
I have logged this to fix for the next patch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27 2011 12:27am
by Nirek
Thanks Oddeye - that worked.

Legalize freedom - the issue was that the harpy's name was missing from the namebox when it was fighting for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29 2011 12:01pm
by GalmHandrel
Just to add - It's not just harpies, I had tamed Hydras and they appeared as nameless Wyverns, with the same glitching. Had to reload a couple of times but often the distortion remained clear enough to get on with the battle.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01 2011 7:30pm
by Nirek
That's quite interesting, because i also tamed Hydras with no problem. I had three of them in the second-to-last battle in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01 2011 7:36pm
by Kaihaku
Lord Oddeye sama wrote:Get the harpy killed in a battle somehow... That's the only solution I'm aware of.

Don't tame harpies.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02 2011 12:04am
by Lord Oddeye sama
Yeah, tame queen worms instead. :evilgrin:

Bugs in scenario 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05 2011 3:03am
by Draico
First of all thanks for your tremendous efforts to bring to life this wonderful project. It's great to have an opportunity to play this awesome game in English.
Now the bugs I've found.
In the epilogue to the first chapter of the second scenario there is text missing. Here are some screenshots. I'm not sure, whether it is a known bug, at least it looks like it has been already translated, but something went wrong. Anyway I hope it will be useful:
Translation.png
TranslationSc2-2.jpg
TranslationSc2-1.jpg

One more thing. When you enter Anafect, there's a man standing near the first house with something like a graveyard on the left. If you talk to him, the message window will disapear for some reason after reaching the end of the third line, which is in the middle of the phrase. The text is "I saw some thieves from Dusty Village leaving town, but htere are no ruins in that".

Re: Bugs in scenario 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05 2011 4:04am
by Thief
What are those PC##? o.o

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05 2011 6:11am
by Omega Entity
PC### lines are pretty much placeholders for certain names or phrases in the text, assigned to make it easier for the translation team to locate the appropriate spots for insertion, iirc.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05 2011 6:41am
by Ansa
Draico wrote:One more thing. When you enter Anafect, there's a man standing near the first house with something like a graveyard on the left. If you talk to him, the message window will disapear for some reason after reaching the end of the third line, which is in the middle of the phrase. The text is "I saw some thieves from Dusty Village leaving town, but htere are no ruins in that".

Yeah I had that happen to me not just by that one npc but by several, even Campbell did that during a cut scene inside the village.

Also did anyone have a problem with the game locking up just before the General Valant battle? It just crashed as Medion was about to say his part after Bentram remarks about having fight two armies. I use my original disk and it fixed the issue but its the same problem I had in S1 after the Fafhard battle (which theres a topic about) except I'm not getting any kind of error code or something from the emulator it just locks up.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05 2011 11:18am
by Rick
I had the same error with Fafhard, but it was after I entered Flagard, just after Synbios approaches Conrad...

But I haven't had that problem in S2 so far... I'm on teh battle after Rhineside

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05 2011 4:48pm
by legalize freedom
The chapter ending is logged to fix.

I was going to use the unused name slots to lengthen the chapter endings to somewhere close to where they would ideally be, but I'm going to abandon the strategy since there are too few name slots available and it is too problematic. We will have to deal with chapter endings that are the same length as a normal line... which is about 2 sentences.

I checked the anafect line and I didn't see anything wrong with it. It must be an iso or emulator error. Sounds like some have it and others don't so that generally means it's not the patch. Those who don't have these errors, please post how you are playing and what software you used to create the iso and for burning, as well as the SSF version.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06 2011 10:09am
by Thief
Oh, looks I'm not the only one who just arrived in Anafect. And, of course, I experienced all three issues shared in this topic.

1. Thanks to this topic, I was expecting the PC## issue in the Chapter 1 summary. Probably the least painful because the game still runs smoothly.

2. I also had the Fafhard issue replicated in the pre-Varlant scenes. This is very likely an issue with the emulator, because I went through with a few other versions of SSF, and 010 release gave the Master/Slave error instead of just pure clueless lock. Still, having to view the whole scene for more than a dozen of times was eh. (Too bad SaveStates are non-transferable) Not sure how I got past it in 010 either, since it just did!

3. Way too many Anafect NPC lines cut off prematurely (including the storyline Campbell line mentioned earlier), for some reason? I know I set up the message to appear Fastest, but that's just way too fast. Not all NPCs are affected, particularly those that have multiple "pages" of dialogues that require manual button presses to go through their lines. Still, this is also not a game breaker, so.

As for configurations, I'm following the instructions on the Translation SFC page to a T.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06 2011 9:02pm
by Rick
Bit of a naming inconsistency (unless this is supposed to be like this?):

Also, at the end of Chapter 2:

That is literally all that comes up

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06 2011 10:30pm
by legalize freedom
These issues are logged to fix.

We decided on Rhineside a while back and a few instances apparently weren't changed.

I haven't put in most of the chapter endings yet... They will be in for V13.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07 2011 2:41am
by Thief
Lineside is such a fitting name for a village that is as good as forgotten by the world. Oh Camelot and your puns.

I just saw that weird message for Chapter 2 summary as well. Anti-climax at its best!

Also, looks like the super-fast NPC lines from Anafect is isolated to that village. Lineside/Rhineside and Stump NPCs are fine.

This is a minor issue, but it seems there are instances where apostrophes in dialogues get substituted with "Ally". So we get things like IAllym in place of I'm, etc.

EDIT: By the way, I thought it was strange that Julian's name was suddenly mentioned during the battle against Dessheren/Fiale at Stump Village. Or, was that supposed to be a reference to Gracia, since the team just discussed him during the short interval after defeating the Wolf Baron boss?

Julian's name doesn't show up on the script translation on the SFC site, and I'm past that point of the story to confirm with the actual in-game JP text, so I can't know for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07 2011 11:37am
by Rick
EDIT: By the way, I thought it was strange that Julian's name was suddenly mentioned during the battle against Dessheren/Fiale at Stump Village. Or, was that supposed to be a reference to Gracia, since the team just discussed him during the short interval after defeating the Wolf Baron boss?

Oddly, I didn't have this issue, no mention of Julian whatsoever...

SSF_012_Alpha
Using the ISO
Patched with all the stuff given in the installer on the site

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07 2011 12:08pm
by SirDavion
Just to let all know, I've tried changing the graphic compatability to Highest Compatbility and it worked for me.

Unchecking the "Check Slave SH2 Idle Loop" doesnt work.

I'm using SSF 0.10 btw.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09 2011 2:52am
by Thief
Really? I thought it was weird to mention Julian in the script (when I presume should've been Gracia), since he was only discovered in the next battle on the way to Barrand.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09 2011 10:34am
by Rick
An error in Elbesem.

When you speak to the priest, he doesn't greet you, it just goes to Revive/Cure/Promote/Save option, then when you quit, there is garbled speech. In fact, upon testing, there's no speech whatsoever

Unfortunately, it's very hard to get a screenshot of it

edit: trying to record a FRAPS video of it...

Multiple Errors in Saraband

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12 2011 1:21am
by Rick
So I'm playing SC2 with the patch, I've come across some errors in Saraband, more specifically, when you enter the secret passage:

Firstly, when you search the pillars, the wrong messages are displayed:

Then I came to the guards, who had incorrect Dialogue:

And then searching treasure chests are apparently vases... although saying the item is dropped, its actually picked up:

Re: Multiple Errors in Saraband

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12 2011 1:48am
by BoneIdol
Looks like the translator cocked up yet again. We've been having a lot of fun with similar issues in Scenario 3. Basically the translator sometimes duplicates a line around 2300 lines into a file for some reason. We've been having so much fun with this problem.

God I wish K0D had released the source for the translator... I may have to try pestering him again at some point... or get my act together and write a new translator program. I've got so much stuff to do though. :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13 2011 3:48am
by Thief
Chapter 3 ending summary didn't even have any text... It went too fast, but IIRC it said, "Chapter 3 End". :shifty:

Chapter 4 ending is probably the first that plays properly. But I finally realised what was the problem with Gracia/Julian reference mix-up earlier. Most likely the point to Gracia's name refer to Julian instead, so the summary says we rescued Julian. And looks like the reference to Spiriel and Rogan got mixed up as well in the second page, as it said Spiriel was the one who was trapped by Fiale in Executor's dungeon. I thought that was weird, considering how Spiriel doesn't really appear in Medion's story past Chapter 1.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13 2011 1:49pm
by legalize freedom
The names have been/ will be shuffled a bit to make them consistent over all scenarios. I'm also going to be testing using the unused name slots for other names such as Bulzome, Empire, etc. that appear frequently to save on file size. Apparently with V12 and for certain after V13, the names will be jumbled unless you start a new game (since they are stored in the game save). If you want to play from a save and have the correct names, you will need to change them with BoneIdol's save editor.

I'll look into that error in Elbesem...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14 2011 11:08am
by Rick
Teeny Tiny Minor thing, but in Swampland in Chapter 6, everyone refers to Medion as LORD Medion, surely this should be Prince?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14 2011 1:20pm
by legalize freedom
Rick wrote:Teeny Tiny Minor thing, but in Swampland in Chapter 6, everyone refers to Medion as LORD Medion, surely this should be Prince?

Logged to fix.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16 2011 2:36am
by Thief
Having just gone through Airo Village, there are some lines there that confused me. Like claiming that Bearsol is the east, and the cave to Swampland being to the west. There is also a mention of using the eastern coastal road to get to Aspia, but I have to wonder why anyone would suggest that, considering the coastal road on Baersol side to the west seems shorter. Ah, well.

There is also the matter of Garosh/Jade related lines. At least two houses said things about them as if the boys were their children. How many siblings do they have in total anyhow? Garosh survives in my game, but they talked about how his elder brothers died in service...

Also, that Anafect dialog fast-forward bug happened again with one NPC in Airo as well.

legalize freedom wrote:The names have been/ will be shuffled a bit to make them consistent over all scenarios. I'm also going to be testing using the unused name slots for other names such as Bulzome, Empire, etc. that appear frequently to save on file size. Apparently with V12 and for certain after V13, the names will be jumbled unless you start a new game (since they are stored in the game save). If you want to play from a save and have the correct names, you will need to change them with BoneIdol's save editor.

I'll look into that error in Elbesem...

Oh, good then. While I'm this close to clearing Scenario 2 soon, would carrying over the save file into Scenario 3 retain the same erroneous pointers, in the event that I patch up the game with V13 or later?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16 2011 12:03pm
by Draico
ImageImageImage
Here are some more screenshots. There are two cases with "Ally" instead of an apostrophe, and the third screenshot shows that the text window doesn't fit in the screen (there is the same bug before or during the battle on the bridge by the way).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16 2011 1:24pm
by legalize freedom
Airo issues logged to fix.

Yes, you should plan to edit the names manually.

I appreciate the screens, but I need a location. Chapter, Section, town name , battle number... something.
Get sections from the FTP xls files and battle numbers from Jumesyn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17 2011 3:27am
by Thief
Garzel screen is from the battle at the Suspension Bridge, the last one for Chapter 2.
Death Helen and Fiale, are from the second battle at Stump Treetop, also second battle in Chapter 3.

All from Scenario 2.

(How does one access the FTP anyway? It asks for username and password...)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17 2011 8:32am
by BoneIdol
The first screenshot is the last battle in Scenario 2 Chapter 2 (Battle 10), the town before the battle is Lineside. I believe this scene takes place halfway through the battle IIRC, after you kill a few enemies.

The second screenshot is the 2nd battle in Scenario 2 Chapter 3 (Battle 12), the town before the battle is Stump Village. This text is from the opening scene of the battle.

--EDIT--

There was a second page? Odd, I'm sure I clicked the last post link. :(

Oh well, the translation project ftp is http://sf3transftp.shiningforcecentral.com/. You won't be able to log in via FTP as it's just a subdomain on SFC rather than an actual FTP server. It's only really refered to as the FTP because that's what's used to upload stuff to it. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17 2011 9:51am
by Thief
Ah, I see. I got the FTP direct link from one of the sticky topics, so I thought I was missing something.

Time to stalk out these precious translation files! :D

Scenario 2 end of CH1 prob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23 2011 7:18am
by od420
so i've gotten past the railroad battle final and saw the end of chapter 1 when it asked me to save i said yes and to continue yes. Black screen is all i get and when i load the save same result. using SSF 9 alpha R4 i also have to different versions of the patched english version. is this a common prob or do i have bad or unfinished patched games?

Re: Scenario 2 end of CH1 prob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23 2011 9:44am
by Rick
It is a problem that people have come across... I think you get round it by using the actual disk rather than the ISO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23 2011 5:03pm
by Kazgaroth
If you run into problems with the translated/patched ISO, then try using the original ISO file to get past that point.

My scn2 and 3 discs are both broken now :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23 2011 7:30pm
by od420
thanks, didnt even think about trying that thanks will have to try it out later

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23 2011 11:30pm
by Rick
I can't really screenshot it now, I'm past it, but Pappetts, when 'taming' a monster to the force, it said

'Pappetts has succeeded in adding Pappetts to the force'

The Monster in question was a Minotaur

Also, after the defeat of Tybalt, there are a lot of eventhough, which should obviously be even though. This appears to stop once Aspia is entered

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10 2011 9:52am
by Dark Force
Not really reporting a bug since Airo hasn't been reviewed yet and this is a pretty obvious one, but it's still pretty funny:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11 2011 2:18am
by Thief
What's funny? Those characters are Jade's family?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11 2011 4:54am
by Dark Force
Look at the sprites I was talking to, the little girl is saying she was Jade's wife and the woman was saying she was his daughter.

Shopkeeper at Rhineside Village

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01 2011 2:01pm
by Doomblade66
:eyebrow: IS THERE SOME KIND OF BUG CURRENTLY AFFECTING SF-CENTRAL ? THE TEXT I TYPE IN HERE IS NOT WHAT IS COMING UP IN THE FINAL POSTING - IT'S ALL MESSED UP - LETTER ERRORS - ETC ? :confused:

Hey guys - just encountered a small / minor - issue in Rhineside village in Sc-2 of my playthrough of all the SF-III games. When you talk to the Weapon Shop owner - from the "normal position" opposite the counter from him - all the pops up is "Line 97" - as his dialogue.

I'm sure he's supposed to be saying his usual "we have quality weapons...blah blah" - speech that they always give, but I wanted to mention it in case the Trans-Team didn't know about it. I guess it's also possible I'm using an older version of the patch which just doesn't have the most recent updated lines/corrections in place ?

Lastly - I noted to Swalchy (IIRC) - that I was having problems getting logged into the old FTP page that held the various files for the Translation Patch - including the most-current version ...when I clicked on the link, it brought me to a password-protected FTP thing that would not open unless I entered some Password ? I said this was odd, as I didn't recall that being a factor before when I first downloaded the files ? Does anyone know anything about that too...and if it was just a random glitch, or if I simply have a bad link to the FTP ? // If anyone can provide a direct link that they have just tested and KNOW will lead right to the FTP listing of files - without need of inputting any passwords - then please consider including it in your response - as that would be a big help to :thumbsup:

Re: Shopkeeper at Rhineside Village

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02 2011 1:34am
by legalize freedom
The FTP link is in my sig.

Let us know if the new version fixes your issue.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02 2011 4:51am
by NK.
Doom: It was April Fool's from SFC of cos ;) Moogs DOES have a sense of humour u know :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02 2011 10:29am
by Doomblade66
Yeah .... :blush: I realized that shortly afterwards when I considered it ...and the date. I didn't realize the Moogster was such a goofy Goddess though :)

Significant Dialogue Mistake - Scenario-2 Patch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05 2011 11:07pm
by Doomblade66
Hey guys - mostly going out to the Translation Team folks - but others might see this and be able to mention it to them too - if need be.

I am playing through Scenario-2 of SF-III, and am using the most recent V-1.2 patch for it ....and I discovered something at first confusing - but then understandable - in the Translation wording during the battle atop Stump Village (with Hedoba - Dessheren - etc).

Basically...at the start of the fight - I think it is High Priest Fiale - one of the enemies mentions "now will you tell us where Julian went ?" - to David, since they have Hedoba as their prisoner.

Additionally, at the end of the battle, during the scenes between almighty Galm and Dessheren - there is more confusing references to Julian a character who Medion and his party (at this point) have not even met or seen before.

A key example of this is at the end - after Galm runs off Dessheren - he suggests you go to Elbesem to find the "Staff of Besem".

Galm's specific sentence that convinced me to post this was:

"That staff is the only thing Bulzome fears... And thus, the owner of the staff, Julian, is a target of the Bulzome sect."

Immediately after that sentence, David says, "Gracia left the staff behind... If those bast*rds are looking for the staff, they're sure to come to Elbesem !"

Basically...it seems that throughout this entire scene - from the start of the fight to the end - all references to JULIAN - are in fact supposed to be references to GRACIA, the Innovator who the Bulzome Sect was looking for in Stump Village all along.

I am merely pointing this out so the Translation Team can look into it and do a simple Cut-n-Paste of the names when they do their next update for the patch files.

:thumbsup:

Re: Significant Dialogue Mistake - Scenario-2 Patch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06 2011 12:36pm
by legalize freedom
You are correct in that they are talking about Gracia.

Names are unique in that they are saved in the save game file when the game is first started. From scenario to scenario there were originally names in different slots. For example in Sc1 Julian may use the same slot as Gracia uses in Sc2. The patch normallizes these, so for any scenario any name is in the same slot and has the same reference in the game files (at least that is the ultimate intent).

This causes issues when you start any scenario without the patch or with a much different version of the patch. (since the original names in the given slots will be used and saved) For instance the next version will include a few name re-locations, so this issue will be rampant as folks try to continue from their previous saves.

The answer is simple. Until such a time the name locations are finalized (should be V13) and you wish to start a new game, edit your game save with BoneIdol's excellent save editor and change the names to what they should be.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06 2011 1:01pm
by BoneIdol
legalize freedom wrote:You are correct in that they are talking about Gracia.

Names are unique in that they are saved in the save game file when the game is first started. From scenario to scenario there were originally names in different slots. For example in Sc1 Julian may use the same slot as Gracia uses in Sc2. The patch normallizes these, so for any scenario any name is in the same slot and has the same reference in the game files (at least that is the ultimate intent).

Wait... so you use Julian's Scenario 1 slot to store Gracia's name in Scenario 2? While there is no problem with this in transfering a save from Scenario 2 to Scenario 3, transfering from Scenario 1 to Scenario 2 is going to have the character slot set to "Julian" (or whatever they named him). There should be 20 unused character slots (which DON'T get stored in the save file) in Scenario 2 that you can use for common names.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06 2011 6:45pm
by legalize freedom
That's what the original does (maybe not that particluar example, I do remember that Waltz's slot is Zero's from Sc1 and Zero is re-located for Sc2, etc). The patch keeps the same slot for each name all the way through.

Most of those slots are used in Sc3 however. I'll get with you BoneIdol when I'm gearing up to do that task to see which ones are stored in the save game data.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06 2011 7:16pm
by BoneIdol
Slots 1-21 are used in Scenario 1, Slots 1-40 in Scenario 2 and Slots 1-60 in Scenario 3/Premium Disc. There's at least 60 slots in all the games, but those are the only ones where the games will load the name from the save file.

Each extra name means an extra character slot in the save file. Each character slot is 176 bytes long (nearly 3 blocks), so the games keep as few names in the save as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06 2011 9:31pm
by Doomblade66
Thanks for the explanation, Legalize. I'm always fascinated at the intricacies of the game-code - in the way you explain it. Like, I would never have imagined that "the game uses X-slots" to represent a given "Y-character" in each scenario....such that carry-over of saved games can potentially result in a particular name being stuffed in by default to each dialogue segment where the particular character is mentioned.

I only found it strange that - earlier in the Stump Village exploration - when you first meet Goriate....he mentions Gracia just fine - as do a few others in Stump (David, mainly, after you first meet him and fight the battle inside the tree against the Wolf Baron).... so it just struck me as confusing/odd that after mentioning Gracia without issue 3 or 4 times earlier in town.....suddenly Fiale is saying "tell us where JULIAN went..." out of nowhere at the start of the Treetop Battle.

Regardless, I only mentioned it in an attempt to be constructive and hope you don't think me nitpicking (after mentally telling myself they were talking about Gracia - it wasn't hard to follow the dialogue) - and actually, Jumesyn tells me I should be meeting up with Julian "For Real" - in the very next battle anyways ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06 2011 11:11pm
by legalize freedom
BoneIdol,
That's a welcome thing to have those available to use. Unfortunately, they are not available where they are really needed in Sc3... but I'll see what's worth doing in the others. I guess that means anything after those numbers would not be editable...

Doomblade,
That's probably because the "link" to the stored name isn't used in the game files in those areas. Those that show Gracia, likely have Gracia spelled out in the file vs getting a name from a slot. The reason I want to enable as many "linked" names as possible is to allow space to be saved in the individual lines (you might have heard we have line and file size issues and the link code is 2 characters long). Also to allow avid players to use BoneIdol's save file editor to name other characters. Although if anything after the current force aren't stored in the save file, that would seem to be impossible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11 2011 11:25am
by Doomblade66
* Legalize n' Co * - just wanted to mention another possible bug / glitch regarding dialogue with the most recent patch. One issue is minor - the other is still minor, but slightly less so.

Issue-1: One of the two Imperial Soldiers inside Barrand, in the interior hallway when you first enter General Rogan's HQ building (the one with Donhort in the basement) - speaks to you...and ...for the life of me I've stupidly forgotten what exactly the word was that I noticed, but I think he has one extra "M" letter in it...like...it might be "Commands"...only he has it written in his text box as "commmands" - with three m's....something like that. I am sorry I didn't write it down right away - and am remembering it shortly after the scene at this time. Still..just take a look at the current dialogue boxes you guys have for those troopers inside the 1st Floor of Rogan's HQ in Barrand...and one of the two that are flanking the door once you have entered the hallway, is the one that has this very minor spelling issue.

Issue-2: I discovered that the Dialogue / commentary that normally pops up on-screen after beating a Chapter ...did not appear when I defeated the Dark Kraken and entered Elbesem. It looked like it flickered up on screen for a half-second (maybe)....but then immediately went to the screen showing the "Chapter 3 End" scroll, and it asked me if I'd like to save my game.

This is, again, not a huge issue - since I just read what it was supposed to say from the Jumesyn excellent site. Still, I figured I'd mention it to you guys, just as an fyi. Again...hardly a major issue...but, thought you might like to know !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11 2011 12:27pm
by legalize freedom
Almost none of the chapter endings are inserted in V12. I hope to have them in for V13.

PostPosted: Mon May 16 2011 12:26am
by Nephrite
During the later parts of dialouge (slightly before Battle 11 and after battle 12) all references to "Gracia" are instead referenced as "Julian." I see some other people were having this issue and others weren't, I'm using SSF 0.12 for whatever that's worth with an imported save from Scenario 1. If I can give any more information let me know.

One of Dessheren's text boxes after Galm shows up (the one where she decides to leave, I think it is) isn't properly sized.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26 2011 10:41am
by Kokoro
LoL, funny that everyone is posting about bugs in all chapters but one :D

V12 patch bugs i found:
Chapter 1:
Library dialogue box in republic section of saraband is messed up

Also you will find two health bread there in Saraband but one of them will be called Large Mithril if you attempt to use it. That made me smile.

Also found the Anafect dialogue boxes fast quitting and some others too large for the screen but not in chapter one of the game so, guess that's all for now ;)

Thanks a lot for your amazing work!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26 2011 11:02am
by Swalchy
Kokoro wrote:LoL, funny that everyone is posting about bugs in all chapters but one :D

People do appear to be unable to read and do as they're told :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26 2011 12:21pm
by legalize freedom
Kokoro wrote:V12 patch bugs i found:
Chapter 1:
Library dialogue box in republic section of saraband is messed up

Also you will find two health bread there in Saraband but one of them will be called Large Mithril if you attempt to use it. That made me smile.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by library dialog box. Are you talking about the bookcase in HQ?

You may have something going on with your iso. Try making another. The game places items in memory to be used in messages and things like this, so I don't think I could fix this if I wanted to.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26 2011 1:38pm
by Swalchy
Maybe a "Please Include Screenshot" line should be put somewhere...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29 2011 1:23am
by Kokoro
legalize freedom wrote:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by library dialog box. Are you talking about the bookcase in HQ?

You may have something going on with your iso. Try making another. The game places items in memory to be used in messages and things like this, so I don't think I could fix this if I wanted to.

Sorry for the somewhat "late" reply!

Yes i mean a specific bookcase, i though calling it library would have been a good idea :(

Swalchy wrote:Maybe a "Please Include Screenshot" line should be put somewhere...

Ok, i just need to shift my savestate files and some time and i will satisfy your request! :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29 2011 11:38am
by Zorg33
Hi there,

I have a big problem in the last battle of Scenario 2, when you have to attack Garion's tank.
In this battle, you control two forces, one outside and one inside the tank.
The battle starts with Medion outside the tank.
Then after Medion's army turn, the game switches you to the other army inside the tank.
Now this is when things go wrong, and it prevents you from finishing the Scenario....
Halfway through this army's turn, the screen becomes all bollocksed, ad then freezes after a few minutes.
if you press A or C enough times, the game switches you back to Medion's army outside the tank, but the bug remains, and once you've moved 2 characters, the game freezes.
I tried several times and it's the same thing every time, happening at the same moment.
Here's a screenshot:
By zorg33 at 2011-09-29

Has anyone had this before?

Raph

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02 2011 5:16pm
by Kokoro
This is the bookcase bug i posted about some time ago:

Here you can see which house contain the bug affected library(the one in the right which Medion is directed to):

Anyway this is the chapter 5 shown above, i gotta do a countercheck to see if in chap 1 there are different houses affected. I remember two of them, i met only one in chapter five.

Hope to be useful.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24 2012 6:18pm
by Hope
Crashed for me during the long conversation on chapter 1 Castle right after Spiriel and the other generals leave the room. The game just completely froze up. :damnit:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24 2012 9:23pm
by Swalchy
On a Sega Saturn Console itself, or on SSF?

If SSF, try sticking it in highest compatibility mode: Option - Option - EZ Setting - High Compatibility

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25 2012 10:23am
by Hope
Swalchy wrote:On a Sega Saturn Console itself, or on SSF?

If SSF, try sticking it in highest compatibility mode: Option - Option - EZ Setting - High Compatibility

Yup.
Windows 7
SFF Lastest update. Will try that. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01 2012 11:29pm
by Danteres
So I'm using the latest version of the patch for Scenario 2, and I decide to egress from the Elbesem Temple Entrance battle (#17). When I go back into the battle, Medion is nowhere to be found! He is not on the battlefield, and when I try to check the status, Campbell is the first one to show up. I egress with Julian, and to my surprise, Medion is at the church, but whenever I try to check the status, the screen freezes :( I tried going back to HQ to see if there's anything I can do, and as it turns out, Medion somehow ended up in my reserve force. I swap Robby out for him and return to the battle again, thinking that solves my problem, but it doesn't! Robby is in the force, and again, Medion seems to have disappeared from the battlefield.

I can provide pictures if you want. So can someone tell me what happened?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02 2012 2:39am
by legalize freedom
Have you done any save editing?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02 2012 3:03am
by Danteres
Nah, I'm playing it on my Saturn. As it turns out, under the circumstance that you egress from battle 17, Robby seems to become an essential character for that specific battle. So what I did was switch Medion back in and swap some other force member out. I may not have had that member for that one battle, but that seemed to have solved my problem. I'm guessing this is more of a typical occurrence than I think it to be? Out of all the playthroughs of Scenario 2 I've been through, this was the one time I decide to egress out of this fight, so this is my first encounter with this situation.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02 2012 12:23pm
by legalize freedom
Glad you were able to figure it out.

At any rate, this doesn't sound like a patch issue.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02 2012 4:49pm
by Danteres
Thank you, me too.

*shrugs* I guess not. If this occurs on the original disc, I guess that will confirm it. However, I already moved on and replaced the file anyways.

And wow, that's a lot of changes you guys made. It's a welcome change though, I always favored egress as apposed to return.

PostPosted: Fri May 11 2012 5:05am
by Nuburan
I noticed a couple of small things when I started scenario 2 last night. In Saraband, in the formerly Republican section, there is a bookshelf about the advantages of living on a steam-ship city. The text runs off the screen. Also, when you make to leave and are rejoined by Syntesis and Uryudo, I think Syntesis calls Garzel "Grazel" at one point in that conversation.

PostPosted: Sat May 12 2012 1:32pm
by legalize freedom
These have been addressed.

PostPosted: Sat May 12 2012 9:35pm
by Nuburan
Ah, sorry, I must not have the latest revision of V13.

PostPosted: Sun May 13 2012 12:56am
by legalize freedom
I mean I have addressed them now. They will appear in the next release.

PostPosted: Mon May 14 2012 11:42am
by Vapid Decree
Not an error. Just a gramatical error that makes me cringe >_>Image

PostPosted: Mon May 14 2012 2:54pm
by legalize freedom
I need a location. At the very least a chapter and a city/battle.

PostPosted: Mon May 14 2012 11:01pm
by Nuburan
I saw a really odd one just a moment ago. Medion died (in battle 7 of scenario 2), and the text said "Medion and his allies" and cut off there, followed by the usual message about friendship levels decreasing.

Also, if you're taking notes about post-chapter-one textual errors, I noticed a couple of the "ally"-apostrophe cases in Anafect Village. One was the old man in the village mayor's boat after battle 6. The other was before the battle, but I don't recall exactly where.

[Edit] Went back and checked. The other is a bookcase upstairs in the inn. [/Edit]

PostPosted: Tue May 15 2012 8:57am
by Vapid Decree
Chapter V right before battle #24. When you hatch the egg that's the dialogue you get.

PostPosted: Wed May 16 2012 5:09am
by Nuburan
In the conversation after battle 8, somebody (Hazuki's father, if memory serves) says "Prine Medion" rather than "Prince Medion".

PostPosted: Tue May 22 2012 11:40pm
by FireBladed
Hello everybody!
It's been a very long time since I've last commented on this forum.

I (re)played the Scenario 1 last year (I believe in patch 12 or so). I decided to wait for the patch 13 to play the last ones and finnaly had the time to do so about 1 month ago.
Firstly I would like to give a BIG THANKS to everybody in the project for, after so many years of waiting, bringing the game to english speaking people in the world.

Now the stuff. I played the Scenario 2 untill the end, last weekend. Most of the translation issues I found are already reported here. The overall work is superb.

BUT,there is one though, not related to translation. As Zorg33 posted in page 8, in the second to last battle (the Tank one), when you are in control of the second party (the one inside the Tank), the game DOES go nuts like the image posted by Zorg33.
I do not know why it is, but here's what happens:
IF you have completed the slots of characters left, with monsters that Pappets catches (that is, 3 monsters), when the last of the monsters' turn begins, the display goes Nuts, exactly like the image he posted.

For me it was 1 Blood Born, 1 Minotaur and 1 Wyvern. Everybody in the party moved, and then it was the monsters' turn. Blood Born was fine, and so was the Minotaur. But as soon as I got control over the Wyvern, the graphics went crazy!

Here's what FIXED IT: I kept on playing, though I could barely see who was attacking who. Whenever it went to the team inside the Tank I sent the Wyvern to the front so that it could be killed by the enemies. Whenever the Wyvern was hit, the condition of the graphics worsened BUT when he finally died I cast Egress (with the graphics still crazy) and saved the game in the Church. When I rebooted the Saturn (I am playing in my old Saturn) IT WAS FINE! And it kept that way.

I didn't add any more monster to fulfill the slot left by the Wyvern and it played perfect untill the end.

Do you think this is a patch problem?

PostPosted: Wed May 23 2012 12:10pm
by legalize freedom
Hard to say if it is specifically a patch issue. I have no doubt something added or subtracted by the patch is contributing to it. Could be another file that needs to be below the standard limit like the Sc3 Ch1 freeze.

We'll dive into it when we reach that point in the playtesting. This particular issue has come up for many people. Thanks for the additional information.

PostPosted: Thu May 24 2012 6:39pm
by Rems
FireBladed wrote:Hello everybody!
It's been a very long time since I've last commented on this forum.

I (re)played the Scenario 1 last year (I believe in patch 12 or so). I decided to wait for the patch 13 to play the last ones and finnaly had the time to do so about 1 month ago.
Firstly I would like to give a BIG THANKS to everybody in the project for, after so many years of waiting, bringing the game to english speaking people in the world.

Now the stuff. I played the Scenario 2 untill the end, last weekend. Most of the translation issues I found are already reported here. The overall work is superb.

BUT,there is one though, not related to translation. As Zorg33 posted in page 8, in the second to last battle (the Tank one), when you are in control of the second party (the one inside the Tank), the game DOES go nuts like the image posted by Zorg33.
I do not know why it is, but here's what happens:
IF you have completed the slots of characters left, with monsters that Pappets catches (that is, 3 monsters), when the last of the monsters' turn begins, the display goes Nuts, exactly like the image he posted.

For me it was 1 Blood Born, 1 Minotaur and 1 Wyvern. Everybody in the party moved, and then it was the monsters' turn. Blood Born was fine, and so was the Minotaur. But as soon as I got control over the Wyvern, the graphics went crazy!

Here's what FIXED IT: I kept on playing, though I could barely see who was attacking who. Whenever it went to the team inside the Tank I sent the Wyvern to the front so that it could be killed by the enemies. Whenever the Wyvern was hit, the condition of the graphics worsened BUT when he finally died I cast Egress (with the graphics still crazy) and saved the game in the Church. When I rebooted the Saturn (I am playing in my old Saturn) IT WAS FINE! And it kept that way.

I didn't add any more monster to fulfill the slot left by the Wyvern and it played perfect untill the end.

Do you think this is a patch problem?

So you probably could do so with the Japanese unpatched game. That is to say start the battle with the original game. Send the Wyvern, or whatever character you want to get rid of, behind the enemy lines to be slaughtered. Egress and save an play again with the patched game.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29 2012 3:09pm
by ambrosjb
Bug from Sc2:

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere.

Whenever Pappets kills a beast and it joins the force, it says something like "Pappets convinced pappets to join the force" instead of using "Wyvern" or "Minotaur".

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08 2012 8:43pm
by towerofpowerx
Well, I just finished my playthrough of Sc2. Hardly an exaustive playthrough, but I do have something to report about the battle with Garvin's tank. The one where Pappett's last monster's turn begins (for me it was a Wyvern), and the screen gets all glitchy and eventually crashes it. Yep, happened to me to, but yes, you can get around it with the original disk. Start the original Japanese game, get that last monster killed, save during the battle, switch, then continue battle where you left off. Easy-peasy (at least, if you're playing on an actual Saturn. Don't know how that would work on an emulater.....).

P.S. I read in the FAQ that you don't want spelling errors/bugs etc. for any but the beta chapters i.e. Chapter 1, but I didn't know that going into this, so I wrote down a bunch throughout my playthrough. Just saying, I've already wrote'em down, sure you don't wanna see'em?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09 2012 1:17am
by legalize freedom
Sure. Email them to me. I'll fix up the ones we haven't already found.

I'm all over the Wyvern thing. It will be fixed on next release.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17 2012 6:20am
by PanzerAzelSaturn
I also have the crash at the end of sc 2. Just dl the patch and made my discs from my originals and popped in sc2 to test it. Went ahead and loaded old jp ver save to see if they played nice together and after a few turns in the tank the screen went all wonky and I had to turn off the system. Btw, i'm using a modded saturn. Also btw, I cried a bit to see sc2 in English after all these years of resignation. I can't wait to play through them all again the way they should have been. Even my premium disc is twice as awesome now. Thanks so much! (And now I can stop trying to teach my 2yo son Japanese so that he could read it to me some day)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21 2012 7:28pm
by Zorlon
The wrong name is shown when Zero didn't aquire the ship's key as you can see in the spoiler, it's fine when you do grab it

WARNING: SPOILER!

Thats in version 13 and it's the short meeting outside Saraband in Chapter 5

This bit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22 2012 1:36pm
by legalize freedom
Got it fixed up. It will show correctly in V14.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31 2012 9:44pm
by Ceyx
I’ve found the following errors during my recent play-through of Scenarios 2 and 3 using patch v13.

Shining Force III Scenario 2

Typos

Suggested Correction: change Prine to Prince

Suggested Correction: change self-sufficient to self-sufficiently

Suggested Correction: change fait to faith

Suggested Correction: change eard to heard

Suggested Correction: change invad to invade

Lines Assigned to The Wrong Speaker
These are instances where two speakers seem to have had their lines mistakenly swapped.

Suggested Correction: Swap the husband's and wife's lines. (Not that it isn't entirely impossible that the wife is the ship's captain and the primary breadwinner of the house, or that the husband simply enjoys sitting around bragging on their son.)

Suggested Corrections: Swap Jade's wife's and daughter's lines. I believe these lines were assigned to the wrong sprites in this case. The sprite claiming to be Jade's wife is a child, and the one claiming to be his daughter is a grown woman.

Suggested Corrections: Swap the husband's and wife's lines.

Graphical Errors

Problem: The line runs off screen.

Problem: Julian is promoted, but his unpromoted face portrait is used.

Problem: Julian is promoted, but his unpromoted face portrait is used.

Problem: There is a blank line above the text.

Problem: The line runs off screen.

Problem: The dialogue box should be flush with the blacksmith's face portrait.

Points of Confusion
These are just a couple of things that confused me as I played through the game.

Jade and Garosh's parents share a house with Jade's wife and daughter in Iro Viliage. They both mention the fates of their three sons: an unnamed son who died in the Bulzome Cult's attack in Chapter 1, Scenario 1 (the eldest son), Garosh (the middle child), and Jade (the youngest son).

However, there's another, this time elderly couple who say that their two eldest sons had served in the Saraband Guard. The elderly woman refers to Garosh specifically as "Poor Garosh." (Even though Garosh lived in my game. It's possible she's referring to the fact that he's lost his two brothers.)

Problem/Possible Solution: Is it possible the elderly couple is meant to refer to their eldest grandsons instead of their eldest sons? I don't understand Japanese, so I don't know if this is a translation error or not. Also, the middle aged woman in Jade's house speaks as if Jade and Garosh are both still alive and fighting. Perhaps her line could be switched to the past tense.

Problem: I have no idea who or what "Tenor" is.

Thanks for all your hard work. I'll post my findings from Scenario 3 later this week.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01 2012 12:25pm
by legalize freedom
Thanks for the feedback, but possibly all of these issues have already been fixed (and are ready for the V14 release). Please check Synbios16's vids on YouTube and let me know which ones still exist as of that time. The confusion with Garosh and Jade's relatives was remedied after the vids. I remember that much.

Feel free to email me with the screenshots and doc, BTW.
stvsimms@juno.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12 2013 9:06am
by wshiraef
I wonder if this is too nit-picky, lol: In Anafect Village, when you talk to the villager in the boat right next to the boat with the weapon shop, it looks like "a" is missing right before the word "sturdy". I attached an image of the error which is right at the beginning of Chapter 2.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13 2013 1:15pm
by legalize freedom
Not too picky at all. Share what you find and I'll get it in the next version.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18 2013 11:20am
by wshiraef
Here are a few errors. I attached three images. Also when you first reach Elbesem in Chapter 4, and try to talk to the Village Chief, it is extremely hard to read the name "Village Chief" because it is purple. I can't attach an image because the maximum is three until someone else replies. I am not 100% sure I have the correct chapters for each of these.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13 2013 1:33pm
by Limlight
I'm not sure if its just my end but has anyone had crashing issues with donhort as an ally, after he takes a certain amount of turns I'll get an error message that will completely freeze the game up, it's been an issue for awhile. To get around it I normally I just kill him off to avoid the problem but it is annoying.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22 2013 4:10pm
by Swalchy
Limlight wrote:I'm not sure if its just my end but has anyone had crashing issues with donhort as an ally, after he takes a certain amount of turns I'll get an error message that will completely freeze the game up, it's been an issue for awhile. To get around it I normally I just kill him off to avoid the problem but it is annoying.

Hmm, that is a rather strange issue.

I personally haven't come across that issue myself, but as I kill off Donhort ASAP, I know why I possibly haven't had such an issue :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23 2013 6:35am
by Nuburan
wshiraef wrote:Here are a few errors. I attached three images. Also when you first reach Elbesem in Chapter 4, and try to talk to the Village Chief, it is extremely hard to read the name "Village Chief" because it is purple. I can't attach an image because the maximum is three until someone else replies. I am not 100% sure I have the correct chapters for each of these.

Regarding the "that that" image, the first "that" is a conjunction (or part of the idiomatic phrase "now that", which functions as a conjunction as well), while the second is an adjective. It's suspect style but permissible grammar.

"Since" would be a functional substitution for "now that", but lost is a shade of emphasis on time. With the "next" in the following clause, though, that emphasis might be redundant.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23 2013 10:07am
by Swalchy
It could be changed to "Since that nuisance is now out of the way..." if we wanted to be really pedantic.

There're actually a few ways that could be construed:

Seeing as though that...
Now, since that...
As that nuisance is now...

We could even interpret the entire thing a bit more loosely:

It's now time for the Synbios army, as that nuisance is finally out of the way...
As that pest has finally gone, it's now time for the Synbios army...
Next is the Synbios army, since that bother has been eliminated...
Seeing as though that hindrance has been ousted, the Synbios army is next...

As you can see, there's many different ways to bring across the intended meaning of the sentence :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24 2013 5:22am
by Nuburan
Um . . . sure. My interest wasn't so much an Erasmus-like exercise in copia as delivering the same information in as close to the same character voice as possible, without altering the length of the dialogue any more than necessary. It's not a matter of pedantry but of craft.

As you say, the "intended meaning of the sentence" can be conveyed many different ways, but dialogue is more than just intended meanings of sentences. It needs to reflect the character speaking it: his background, his personality, his mood. Without having access to or understanding of the Japanese, I have no way of knowing how Camelot intended this dialogue to be read, nor what a "most faithful" translation might look like. Relative to what is in the screenshot, however . . .

"Seeing as though that . . . " is in a less formal register, nonstandard and regional. To my American Midwestern ear, it sounds downright bizarre.
"Now, since that . . . " or something similar ("Now, with that . . . ") might be the closest alternative, although I think there's a slight overtone of annoyance carried by "now that" which isn't quite retained.
"As . . . " comes from a higher register. It sounds like legal jargon or the state-business phrasing of nobility.

Any permutation in which you switch the positioning of the clauses to place the "Synbios army" one first has a different emphasis and thus a different meaning. With English being a head-initial language, we tend to move the more important parts to the beginning. Consider the difference between, "I don't like rice. I like beans." and, "I don't like rice. Beans I like." It's difficult to read any distinction in the literal meanings of the words, but the hearer/reader still understands the difference in emphasis. That said . . .

"It's now time for the Synbios army, as that nuisance is finally out of the way . . . " lacks the urgency and disdain of the language in the picture. "Finally" might be implying a longer history of nuisance, as well.
"As that pest has finally gone, it's now time for the Synbios army . . . " is also short on urgency. "Pest" seems like it would be used by a different social set than "nuisance", and it's arguably more dehumanizing.
"Next is the Synbios army, since that bother has been eliminated . . . " "Bother", to my mind, is more trifling than "nuisance". "Has been eliminated" is more certain and more boastful than "is out of the way." Garzel is awfully proud of sending Edmund swimming.
"Seeing as though that hindrance has been ousted, the Synbios army is next . . . " "Hindrance" belongs to a higher linguistic register (perhaps used with "as"), and "ousted" doesn't quite work or is comically euphemistic. That, combined with "seeing as though that" turns Garzel into comic relief. I almost expect him to conclude, "And then we all go for ice cream!"

Which would actually be pretty badass, come to think of it.

None of this is to say that your ideas are wrong, if they are right for the character. The questionably stylized "that that" isn't wrong, if it's right for the character. Even bad grammar could be right. I don't really know; I just like thinking about these things.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24 2013 9:22am
by Swalchy
Oh don't worry Nuburan; I love talking about things such as this (translation, of course, being something I engage in daily).

You're right though: without knowing Japanese, we really can't tell exactly what sort of character Garzel is.

Nevertheless, seeing as though (<-- :)) this sentence also appears in Scenario 1, here's what the original SoA translation team had Garzel saying: One problem down. The Synbios battalion is next. I suppose it's time I took a personal hand in this. (http://shiningforcecentral.com/?p=scrip ... ch=3&se=10)

Oddly enough, I think that works quite well :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18 2013 8:41pm
by RikaPSO
Game locked up while characters were talking after battle 4 took place. I'm not sure what the text would have said.
SSF ver 12, r4. Patch version 14 updated.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20 2013 2:45am
by legalize freedom
Do you mean 012-R4?

See other post. These sound like emulator / hardware compatibility issues.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22 2013 1:56am
by RikaPSO
legalize freedom wrote:Do you mean 012-R4?

See other post. These sound like emulator / hardware compatibility issues.

Yes, hm maybe it was just like you said in the other topic. Thank you! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10 2013 9:16pm
by GaresTaylan
Just started playing Sc2 today. Ran into a crash right after the first battle. When Medion's group goes to talk to Synbios' army that are being harassed by the soldiers, the graphics freeze up and I cant do anything. Are there a lot of issues like this I should be aware of ahead of time. I hadn't saved and got my team up to lvl 3 so now I have to start all over again.

*EDIT*

Just redid the battle and got to the same point. This time I did a save state before moving on. Same crash as before. So I loaded my state and set the emulator to fast compatibility. This time it crashed sooner than before.

Any ideas? Ive tried all the compatibility modes now. It just crashes. Every time.

*Edit 2*

Well, I managed, after trying another 10 times or so to get past that scene. Everything was good until the next battle. Now Im getting random crashes in battle. Sometimes during an attack animation, sometimes just scrolling on the map.

MasterSH2 code = DED3
0607BFBC: (DED3) MOV.L @(H'34C,PC), R14

SlaveSH2 code = 6010
0600D472: (6010) MOV.B @R1, R0

68000 code = 661E
00001DAC: (661E) BNE $00001DCC
SH2 Unknown code: FFFF

So, I turned dynamic recompile off, thinking maybe the graphics were just wonky. When I do that, the game now always crashes after the second "attack" in battle. So if Medion attacks (1) and then a bat attacks (2) it crashes after that bat attacks with an error similar to the one above. Doesnt matter who it is, it always crashes after the 2nd person, friend or foe, attacks.

Any ideas? Ive tried different versions of my video card drive, even though it was up to date before. I tried rolling back to SSF 9A14, but it wont let me import my internal/external memory. It forces me to wipe it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11 2013 4:23am
by legalize freedom
This is likely either underpowered hardware or a bad emulator version.

Stick with SSF 002 beta R2.

You should be able to load the same saves, but you may need to format a new card first and then replace it with the one that contains the saves.

This is not related to the patch so please continue this discussion in another thread if needed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11 2013 3:09pm
by GaresTaylan
My rig will play just about anything current gen I can throw at it, so I know its not underpowered. 3rd gen i5 CPU w/ HD7950 GPU.

I managed to get the game to load and continue using 012 Alpha, but no matter what settings I choose the game is really jerky, but at least its playable (altho very annoyingly slow).

Do you mean 012, beta R2? The oldest I see on the SSF site is 006 and that was really old, so I cant imagine 002 being the way to go.

Didn't mean to clutter the thread. Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11 2013 6:58pm
by legalize freedom
Yes, sorry, I meant 012 beta R2. All SSF versions are not created equal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12 2013 6:31am
by Emmett The Crab
Please don't murdelize me if this has been covered before. I'm new here.

OKay, I have burned the disc twice using a windows program called "image burn." I included SF3.CUE and SF3 (ISO file).

There's another file, SF3track2.bin (is that supposed to be in there too?) I left it out.
Also, does the CD ROM have to be named right? Both times I just called it CDROM.
Neither of my discs I made are loading, but I know the original game disc works using an Action Replay, (Scenario 2)

Trying to make a disc to play on my Saturn, rather than emulate.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12 2013 12:33pm
by legalize freedom
I won't, but this doesn't go in the patch error report topic. Please continue the discussion elsewhere if needed.

I just burn the ISO file. I don't think it matters what burning software you use, but I use nero for the record.
I have also heard people just burn the cue file which grabs the ISO in the process and that may be the proper way.

You might be having problems because you're trying to burn both. The track2.bin file is used in the patching process and isn't needed after the patch completes. You may want to test the iso in an emulator to make sure it was patched correctly. Instructions on the official site.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18 2013 3:01pm
by Eskimudio
Emmett The Crab wrote:Please don't murdelize me if this has been covered before. I'm new here.

OKay, I have burned the disc twice using a windows program called "image burn." I included SF3.CUE and SF3 (ISO file).

There's another file, SF3track2.bin (is that supposed to be in there too?) I left it out.
Also, does the CD ROM have to be named right? Both times I just called it CDROM.
Neither of my discs I made are loading, but I know the original game disc works using an Action Replay, (Scenario 2)

Trying to make a disc to play on my Saturn, rather than emulate.

Hey Emmett the Crab, I've played the games on my Saturn before so hopefully I can help you. I got the impression from your above quoted post that this is the first Saturn game burned from an .iso file you've tried to play on your console. A Saturn will not play a burned CD game, it was built this way to prevent software piracy. There are ways to play burned games on the Sega Saturn. The best information I've found for doing it is on the RacketBoy website, here's a link
How to Play Burned/Backup Games on the Sega Saturn

I went through the process of installing a modchip, that I purchased from the RacketBoy website, into my Saturn console, and it then worked well for me to play the SFIII translated games on my console.
Sorry, about continuing this discussion here. If you want my advice Emmett the Crab, please private message me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04 2013 6:20pm
by Sho
Gonna post this here as it’s the closest related topic: So I’ve just finished scn 1 today (actual game disc) and saved at the end, I’ve just tried to start scn 2 (patched) now and it won’t let me load the scn 1 file, it will only let me begin a new game or copy or delete the scn 1 file. Anyone know what the problem is? The scn 2 disk is an older patch, maybe it doesn’t support the crossover? I dunno.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04 2013 7:12pm
by legalize freedom
Not a patch issue, but I'll give it a shot.

I believe the answer is that you want to start a new Sc2 game (and follow in game instructions to acknowledge your Sc1 complete save).

You can't expect to load a Sc1 save when you are playing Sc2.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04 2013 7:21pm
by Sho
Thanks for the quick help. This is the first time i’ve tried to continue on from the end of scn 1 so I assumed it would want to load the completed file rather than beginning a new game. I’m concerned that it wants me to name the characters again though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05 2013 1:15pm
by legalize freedom
It should give you an opportunity to select the complete file at some point. You may want to ask out in the main forum if you're still having problems.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03 2014 5:00am
by shadowfire36
i have been playing fine except with an action replay in either sceniaro 2 &3 i keep getting corrupt data when i use it in either ....im paying v15 .. i get illegal instruction errors a lot
other than that i love it !!! im sure has something to do with the saturn intenal memory

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03 2014 1:30pm
by legalize freedom
I don't believe this is a patch issue specifically. Sounds like primarily an emulator issue. Try adjusting the EZ Settings to see if that helps.

I don't use an action replay so beyond that I don't think I can help.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03 2014 10:51pm
by shadowfire36
im not using an emulator .i tried running it on an emulator 1st ...but i dont have a pc system in my house that could run ssf ...it keep crashing and locking up i tried running ssf on ubuntu, windows 7,window 8 , and my macs (sorry no xp machines ) .i got it to work on yabuse , but none of the background durning a fight worked with the patch games on yabuse .
im using my modded saturn to play them ( i have 3 saturns yea had to dig deep in my closet to find them )

if i us my japanese disc the action replay seems to load ,but the save file is unusable .
if i play with the saturn the patch disc i get illegal address errors when it loads.
i have to clear the internal memory few times to get the codes to work .
the only success i have had is use the codes at the very begininng of the game , or use 3 line action replay codes when playing a patch . i have to remove and save it to the cartridge back and for a lot to make them work ..

the issue is somewhere in memory addressing is my guess . maybe a bad check sum . but how to fix it i have no clue
the only reason i want to use my action replay is to unlock the characters..
i have not been able to unlock edmund in game thus far , with my scenairo 2 save carried over .Which is an issue i did not have when playing the orginal japanese carry over when i played it in 2000.Also when i used it the action replay code back in 2000 (code for edmund and isabella = 36030FB6 00XY) it gave me both edmund and it didnt cause isabella sprites to continuoulsy changing in the HQ. whch im having now with the patches.

i noticed that the problems i been having with the action replay seemed to be when moving saves from each sceniaro . i had minimal issues in from scenairo 1 to scenairo 2 , where i have a lot with my save from scenairo 2 to scenairo 3 .if i were to play the patched games from the begining of scenairo 2 or 3 without my carried over saves the action replay works fine

i played the orginal japanese ones back in 2000, but i do remember that i used action replay codes in all 4 sceniaros without a problem.

by the way i love this patch and thanks to all that allowed me to play this finally in english :shock: :)

i figure somebody may want this info so i shared it .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06 2014 1:25pm
by legalize freedom
As always, use Action Replay at your own risk. I'm not willing or qualified to advise on Action Replay issues.

I have no doubt it will act differently with the patch and most of the time for the bad. Many of the game files in the patch are right at the edge of file size max and I don't know how these codes might effect that.

Thanks for the kind words!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29 2014 2:03am
by MXC
I know this error is old but I just got it. I was playing v12 on SSF .11 but still have the issue when playing v15 on the latest SSF.

Scn 2 (obviously) before the last battle (5) of Chapter 1. Varlant shows up and Benetram starts yacking and then this happens.

Master SH2 code=01C3

SlaveSH2 code=5068

68000 code = 51CFFFD4
0000111A : (51CFFFD4) DBRA.W D7, $000010F0

I just ended up getting through it by playing the Japanese rom (thanks to Swalchy and Stor for suggesting it) and saving at battle start, then reloading the patch. Still seems odd though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29 2014 1:24pm
by legalize freedom
Did you try lowering the EZ settings at that spot?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29 2014 1:31pm
by MXC
The only thing I tried was unchecking the "Check Slave SH2 Idle Loop" (which didn't work). The save has been overwritten now though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31 2014 1:42am
by mciccarone
I was encountering the same Crash at Ch1 Benetram/Valarant speech at the rail yard.

Setting the EZ settings Highest Compatibility worked perfectly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07 2014 8:54pm
by Dantarez
Hello guys, actually im not ''new'' in the forum, but have been inactive for quite some time

First Im sorry to disturb the order here by postin this problem that's happenning to Me but it seems this topic it the most likely to post it, so..

The thing is, on Scn. 2, at the switching point, while the conversation goes on, the game crashes at a point and shows this

''Erro
MasterSH2 code = 01 C3
060766F0 : (01C3) Unkonw code

SlaveSH2 code = 5068

68000 code = 41E80010
00001116 : (41E80010) LEA.L $0010(A0), A0
SH2 Unkown code : 01C3''

That is it
I really dont understand so if you guys would be kind enough to try heping Me out that would be great! =]

I've tried already: playin the same part lots of times, goin back for both previous state saves and in-game saves, downloaded the latest patch and re patched Scneario 2 and tryied playing again...

I guess this is all about it

Thank you guys, and thanks for all of this Project as well, this is just amazing, like a dream coming true, it were like 10 years or more waiting for something like this!

See ya ^^

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17 2014 11:20pm
by ericm
Not sure if this has been reported:
Last round of conversations you can have before leaving Saraband for Headland, one woman you talk to says something like "my wife and child..." the husband is standing right next to her, so it was meant to be his piece of dialog.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18 2014 6:15pm
by alex_man
try another version of the emulator

Dantarez wrote: Hello guys, actually im not ''new'' in the forum, but have been inactive for quite some time

First Im sorry to disturb the order here by postin this problem that's happenning to Me but it seems this topic it the most likely to post it, so..

The thing is, on Scn. 2, at the switching point, while the conversation goes on, the game crashes at a point and shows this

''Erro
MasterSH2 code = 01 C3
060766F0 : (01C3) Unkonw code

SlaveSH2 code = 5068

68000 code = 41E80010
00001116 : (41E80010) LEA.L $0010(A0), A0
SH2 Unkown code : 01C3''

That is it
I really dont understand so if you guys would be kind enough to try heping Me out that would be great! =]

I've tried already: playin the same part lots of times, goin back for both previous state saves and in-game saves, downloaded the latest patch and re patched Scneario 2 and tryied playing again...

I guess this is all about it

Thank you guys, and thanks for all of this Project as well, this is just amazing, like a dream coming true, it were like 10 years or more waiting for something like this!

See ya ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30 2014 12:21am
by Boken
I'm getting a similar error toe teone at the switching point in the Waterfall Cave after the second enemy moves. I've tried downloading the latest SSF and every EZ setting.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16 2014 4:54pm
by drunkensailor
when entering the final battle after a short while the screen starts flickering so badly it's unplayable

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16 2014 6:13pm
by legalize freedom
I would need a little more to go on than that, but assuming you are using SSF, you could post your save file for me to test.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24 2014 2:06am
by alex_man
use the version 0.10alpha r3 :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24 2014 8:33pm
by Evil Gately
Haven't had a chance to check out 0.10alpha r3 yet, but I'm getting a similar problem playing on my modded Saturn... During the inside half of the fight, when Pappet's beasts get their turn the screen scrambles and only a reset cures it. The game still functions, as I have managed to save, switch back to the original legit disc and pick up again with no problems. I'll keep you posted, though!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25 2014 6:14am
by legalize freedom
This should have been fixed in V15 or before.

Can you verify all of Pappets pets have names on their info panel. If not, which ones don't?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26 2014 7:19pm
by Evil Gately
Here's a more detailed description of the issue:

According to the title screen, I am using version 15. I had a wyvern, a queen worm and a minotaur recruited, and it was definitely only the wyvern itself that caused the screen to distort. If an enemy attacks the Wyvern, the visuals glitch briefly, the attack plays out as normal (with no writing in the wyvern's in-battle cut-scene info box), but when the action returns to the map, the visuals are completely scrambled as described in my original post.

If the enemy targets the wyvern but selects another unit to attack, the visuals instantly scramble. The same occurs when the wyvern gets its turn.

After confirming the other beasts don't trigger this effect by saving/rebooting after the wyvern's turn, I tried using support on the others to alter the turn order, and everything played normally until one of the triggers I have already mentioned.

I switched back to the original disc and allowed the wyvern to die, returned to the patched disc and everything ran perfectly for the remainder of the battle. The only thing I cannot confirm is whether friendly targeting (ie, healing or support) also causes the bug.

Another couple of issues I ran into in the interim: This one may be in the list of known bugs (I'm sorry, laziness abounds! :P ) but the spell names aren't displaying properly for me in the status screen. Well, at least not in the Storich HQ, anyway! The first two are correct, then spell 3 will only show the first 4 letters and then the 'additional' spell (ie, the one from the equipped weapon) doesn't have a name at all.

Finally, in the last battle, I whittled the enemy down to just Tybalt and got him cornered on the high ramparts, near the staircase. I tried to switch Arthur's equipped weapon and the game couldn't seem to load his inventory. I could still spin the camera and the music carried on as normal, but even after 5 minutes the menu had not opened... I tried this several times, and the same thing occurred each time. I'd switched Medion's weapon just a few moves before with no trouble...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04 2014 12:54pm
by legalize freedom
This should be a quick fix once I hunt it down. I'll look into it and contact you if I can't find it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04 2014 5:09pm
by Evil Gately
Cool, no worries!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09 2015 5:19pm
by BlacksmithJAM
I have come across 2 crash points with the latest patch for scenario 2.
emulator SSF 009 alpha R4
latest patcher.
points of crash and auto reset points:
1st after first battle. the first time medion meets synbios. When medion does his first ..... speech in that trigger point (right before dantares speaks for the first time alerting Campbell who he is.)
2nd crash point is at Switch point. when Benetram and Synbios are talking. game reloads to loading screens.

ways I get around it: use patch v12 instead of current or unpatched version.

something is corrupting the synbios synchronization points (places you can say yes/no and get him to say something different in scenario 2.)
I loaded saved play from scenario 1. looks like a runtime corruption bug. these are the only points ive found so far.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14 2015 1:02pm
by Hrith
Hello.

I have been using this amazing patch since v.12 - I was not aware of it sooner, and I never had too much trouble reading Japanese, but I decided to try it anyway, for playing Sc2 and Sc3 in English was a dream of mine since 1998, really.

I had a lot of suggestions for v.12, but I got busy, then forgot, etc. I had no idea the project was still alive; I am so glad.
I'm playing the games again, now, using v.16 and trying to read everything to check for mistakes or errors here and there.

So first let me tell you how grateful I am for the work the team has done. SFIII is definitely one of my favourite games of all time, and this translation project keeps it worth playing, even if it's only every four years... (it is a long game)

I can be a bit rough in my manners, so please do not mistake them for ungratefulness. My appreciation of your work is genuine.

First I have a remark about the entire project, not just scenario 2:
It seems you have decided to use real English and not a dialect, which is cool, it makes a lot more sense for a game set in a medieval-fantastic atmosphere. However, you are not very consistent with it at all. If you spell 'armour', 'favour' and 'honour', then all words should follow the same rule, thus they should be spelt 'paralyse', 'organise', 'realise' with an 's' and not a 'z'.

On that topic: http://i.imgur.com/eN10OQV.png

For the same reason, with words that end with one 'l', it should be doubled when inflected: 'traveller', 'travelled', 'travelling', etc.

This is all for the sake of consistency, mind, but after reading the news stories on http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/ you seem to be concerned with consistency.

Now, here are a few snapshots I have taken while playing Scenario 2:
http://i.imgur.com/c2ed35S.png
http://i.imgur.com/6ARSYnE.png
http://i.imgur.com/DxbXJwN.png
http://i.imgur.com/CptbIbz.png
http://i.imgur.com/v2u9H5w.png
http://i.imgur.com/bAf9Ung.png
http://i.imgur.com/uIu26gq.png
http://i.imgur.com/crdQg6R.png
http://i.imgur.com/olxs89Q.png

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14 2015 1:20pm
by legalize freedom
Thank you for your kind words and your thoughtful feedback!

Spellings are the way they are on purpose. Spellings from both Europe and America were used intentionally to be inclusive of both since this patch is "primarily" for those two continents.

As for why the individual spellings were used... They seemed to fit the Shining universe. Armour fits. Paralyze fits, and so on. All while trying to keep the number from each region about even.

I'm glad you are enjoying the patch. Hopefully this will put your mind at ease when reading these "errors" and you can enjoy it even more!

As for the other noted errors. I will make sure they get corrected. Thank you for taking the time to document them. I welcome any feedback you have as you continue your play though.

Notes:
1. Anything past chapter 2 has not been polished and subject to these kinds of things.
2. JuMeSyn (or similar) is generated by the game. It uses the first letter or two from each name no matter what names the player uses. It's not really a translation.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14 2015 1:34pm
by Hrith
The 'Shining universe' to me is primarily in Japanese, so no English spelling feels more appropriate, but it's my real-life job to correct such mistakes >_>;

I thought it was on purpose; the quality of the project being what it is, I doubted this was an oversight.

Notes:
1. Anything past chapter 2 has not been polished and subject to these kinds of things.
2. JuMeSyn (or similar) is generated by the game. It uses the first letter or two from each name no matter what names the player uses. It's not really a translation.

Oh, but I don't remember that in v.12. Sorry for lashing out, but I did warn you about my rough manners :P

I'm currently playing sc3 (started ch4) and noting down anything I think may improve the project, but the mistakes are all very minor, and it's mostly nit-picking.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14 2015 2:31pm
by legalize freedom
No lashing out detected. I appreciate the feedback. Your manners are fine. You have a unique perspective with your profession...

I like nit-picky. That's my approach.

One thing I would ask of you is to let me know the location of the screenshot (either in a separate txt file or on the screen itself. Scenario, Chapter, Town, Battle #, etc. so I can find the issue in the game files.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14 2015 9:28pm
by Chinagonuk
Forgive me if i'm wrong, but isn't 'ran' the correct way to say 'run' in the past tense?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15 2015 1:59am
by legalize freedom
Chinagonuk wrote:Forgive me if i'm wrong, but isn't 'ran' the correct way to say 'run' in the past tense?

Agreed. That one looks okay as is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02 2015 2:00am
by Hrith
Chinagonuk wrote:Forgive me if i'm wrong, but isn't 'ran' the correct way to say 'run' in the past tense?
You are wrong :D
The tense here is not the preterit (past), but the perfect, so we need the past participle, not the preterit form.

I run (present).
I ran (preterit).
I have run (perfect).

IIRC...
http://i.imgur.com/c2ed35S.png - headquarters in Rhineside, chapter 2.
http://i.imgur.com/6ARSYnE.png - beginning cutscene of chapter 3 in Stump.
http://i.imgur.com/DxbXJwN.png - first encounter with David in Stump, chapter 3.
http://i.imgur.com/CptbIbz.png - left, battle #12 in Stump, chapter 3 - right, battle #18 in Elbesem Temple, chapter 4.
http://i.imgur.com/bAf9Ung.png - right before battle #21 in Saraband, chapter 5.
http://i.imgur.com/uIu26gq.png - cutscene in Storich Station Hotel in chapter 6.
http://i.imgur.com/crdQg6R.png - refugee in the Storich Station waiting room, if Synbios saved him/her in Sc1, chapter 6.
http://i.imgur.com/olxs89Q.png - ending cutscene right after battle #30, chapter 6.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03 2015 4:10pm
by Chinagonuk
You learn something new everyday:-)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17 2015 9:56pm
by Carandor
^^The refugee in Storich station is using the correct grammer, although with the medieval setting and the refugee probably being a commoner, they probably wouldn't be using correct grammer.

In Airos village in chapter 5, there is a women by the item shop that mentions Baersol being to the east of the village, when the official map (it's somewhere on this site) shows Baersol is to the west.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19 2015 11:42am
by legalize freedom
Carandor wrote:^^The refugee in Storich station is using the correct grammer, although with the medieval setting and the refugee probably being a commoner, they probably wouldn't be using correct grammer.

In Airos village in chapter 5, there is a women by the item shop that mentions Baersol being to the east of the village, when the official map (it's somewhere on this site) shows Baersol is to the west.

Good point.

Thanks! I'll get it fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08 2015 4:28am
by bpislife
First, I must say I am completley blown away. I played Scenario 2 for the very first time tonight and I forgot that I was playing a translated game. Well done!

I did want to point out one extremely minor Inconsistency between Scenario 1 and 2. When saying in a church, scenario 1 says "Saving. Please do not power the system down" or something like that where in scenario 2 it says "saving, do not power the system down, please" In other words please is at the end instead of the beginning. Minor like I said, but I figured you may want to keep the series consistent.

Great work again!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06 2015 6:20pm
by legalize freedom
Thank you for the kind words.

I will get it fixed up.

Thanks!

Update: I didn't see any difference in the 'don't power down' lines across the scenarios. You'll have to elaborate on what you saw and provide a screenshot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07 2015 10:55pm
by KiwisBelch
mciccarone wrote:I was encountering the same Crash at Ch1 Benetram/Valarant speech at the rail yard.

Setting the EZ settings Highest Compatibility worked perfectly

Thank you Mciccarone!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17 2015 3:59am
by bpislife
Actually, I stand corrected. I don't know why it looked different to me..

I did however find two issues within scenario 2 in chapter 4. This happens in the first town you start chapter 4 in.

The first picture shows that the word "gold" doesn't appear when you revive someone after the first battle.

This second shows that the chief's name is blue and is the same color as the background making his name very hard to read.

Please keep in mind that I am running this game off of the CD using an actual Sega Saturn system and not an emulator. I am not sure if that makes a difference or not.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17 2015 12:52pm
by legalize freedom
I got the second one taken care of. Keep in mind you can change the window color to a number of options, so colored text readability will vary with that choice. In this case, however, I agree the purple name was unnecessary. This is usually reserved for named characters that you meet for the first time and even then there are two colors that are used, one for male and one for female. This usage didn't fit.

I can't find anything wrong in the Elbesem Church lines. I'm not even sure what I'm looking at in that shot. If it is a church line, there's more wrong with it than just gold not showing up. The closest match I can find for the situation you describe is this one:
Reviving (name) requires a donation of (number) gold. Is that alright?
But a number in the range of 10K shouldn't be happening.
You'll have to elaborate a bit more on exactly how this came up.

Shouldn't make any difference that you are on a real Saturn, except for I might suggest making sure the Saturn isn't getting hot. If games freeze with any frequency on your particular Saturn, I might attribute oddities to overheating. If you have no such issues, we can continue to investigate.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18 2015 2:36am
by bpislife
Reviving (name) requires a donation of (number) gold. Is that alright?
But a number in the range of 10K shouldn't be happening.
You'll have to elaborate a bit more on exactly how this came up.

Sorry I should have been a bit more clear. you are correct that is exactly the issue and occurs as you described it. The number is correct also as my character has this much gold. Its a long story how I have this much gold, but since this is my first play through, I am missing all of the extra characters.

The issue came up after I first visited the church, and went to promote. This screenshot was after the first battle and I returned to revive some fallen people. I am actually working on getting the usb adapter so I can transfer the saved game. I just received notification that it shipped and will be happy to send you the saved game so you can see for yourself, if you like.

As far as my Sega Saturn it does not freeze up on me and is in perfect working order. In fact, it was sitting in the middle of my living room when it happened.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19 2015 12:17pm
by legalize freedom
That 10K would be the amount you owe to revive though. I believe it is 100 gold per level, so that would be level 100.
?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25 2015 2:26am
by bpislife
No, the 10K is showing the amount of gold I have in the bank. The amount you owe to revive is in a dialog that the priest says. The word gold is missing from the bank dialog.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25 2015 2:18pm
by legalize freedom
Bank dialog?

Do you know what the line is supposed to say?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29 2015 2:14am
by bpislife
Here is a better picture of what is going on in the screen. You can see that it just says 22394 and above it nothing. The word "gold" is missing. It appears this is only a problem in Elbesem Village as it appears properly on the seagate. I also confirmed that this problem appears on SSF also.

For reference below is a picture aboard the Seagate at the same revive screen.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29 2015 11:45am
by legalize freedom
Got it. Will get it fixed up.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26 2016 6:52am
by Bulzome
Chapter 4: After destroying the Executor's cannons, everyone receives experience. That text is present. However, there is no text for when someone gains a level.

I did locate the missing text. The file is BTL218. The missing text is on Page 9.

Line 74 - (attack increases text)
Line 75 - (defense increases text)
Line 76 - (agility increases text)
Line 77 - (movement increases text)
Line 78 - (luck increases text)
Line 79 - (max hp increases text)
Line 80 - (max mp increases text)
Line 81 - (character's level increases text)
Line 82 - (learns new spell text)
Line 83 - (spell level increases text)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26 2016 6:40pm
by legalize freedom
Thanks for the heads up, Bulzome!

I've updated these lines and place a sample X5BTL218.bin file on the FTP here:
http://sf3transftp.shiningforcecentral.com/Translation%20Task%20Files/

Let me know how this is working.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26 2016 7:50pm
by Bulzome
It's almost perfect, but I think the "level increases" line is missing the "end w/out arrow" character.

EDIT: Have a video, but I don't have time to render it ATM. (I forgot YT doesn't like my raw files.) I can post it tonight if need be.

Everything else seems to be in working order.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26 2016 11:55pm
by legalize freedom
Try the new one I just uploaded to the same place. I put enders on all of those lines. This should cause you to need a button press to get past each line. We can also try a line break if you think that would work better.

This is weird, but I don't see these lines in the original files. That's why I didn't know what kind of end it needs. Those lines are just blank, so I guess they're not in the original...

If you have a save you could provide, that would be great. The save I have doesn't level anyone in that spot. That way I can do some testing.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27 2016 5:41am
by Bulzome
I'm thinking I have a different version of Scenario 2. The lines are present in my original disc.

EDIT:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5bel ... mo0SE9TbGM

I think these saves actually came from SFC. You'll want to load the file with a play time of 29:40.

EDIT 2:
Everything is in order now.

EDIT 3:
I recorded video of the error initially occurring. (Sorry it took so long.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJa2ldxQi3A

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01 2016 7:58pm
by Chinagonuk
At the beginning of chapter 3, when you enter Stump village, Campbell says, "-laugh- Syntesis may not like it, but continuing on tonight... Is not in the cards... Let's rest here."

I believe the phrase is "not on the cards."

Or perhaps that's just a UK thing? I've never heard anyone say "not in the cards".

EDIT

Also i've just noticed in the next bit of dialogue Goriate tells the force that he is looking for Gracia. However after the monks have left, Grantack says, "I'm not sure we can believe what Goriate told us... If it's true, why are they looking for Julian?"

Clearly he was meant to say Gracia.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02 2016 12:03pm
by legalize freedom
"Not in the cards" is the correct phrase, although I'm not sure where it originates. Probably from tarot reading or something. Likewise I have never heard "not on the cards". If that is the accepted UK phrase then maybe we should use a different phrase.

I'll check on the name issue and get it fixed up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02 2016 5:24pm
by Swalchy
http://english.stackexchange.com/questi ... ds-origins

"in the cards" is more common than "on the cards" according to the above :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02 2016 10:23pm
by Chinagonuk
Yeah looks like both phrases are correct and mean the same thing, just i never heard anyone say "in the cards" and i think you're English right Swalchy? Maybe it's just a West Country thing? :confused:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04 2016 7:29pm
by Swalchy
:lol: Yes I'm English. From the North West.

I've heard both phrases, though definitely "on" is more English-English than "in", which seems to be more American-English.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 2016 2:31am
by bpislife
I found a simple error in Chapter 2 Storich. If you try to leave the town you receive this comment (note it says government district:

Image00000002[/img]

Then when you enter that part of town it says (note business district):

I think business district makes sense, but so does government...

Now I am still using an older release (16?) as I am almost done. If this has already been fixed, then please forgive me for repeating it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 2016 12:05pm
by legalize freedom
Thanks!

It appears East and West is used in places in V17, but it is still inconsistent, so I'll get it fixed up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09 2017 9:56pm
by Simkovitch
I had the graphic corruption bug in the tank battle of SC2 on my Saturn with V17.
It seems like it is fixed now with V18.

So, yesterday I was finally able to finish the game without any problems!
Thank you guy so much!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09 2017 12:20am
by Vintagelord
Hello everyone. I am currently playing scenario one. I am having issues with the spells not showing up at all or being extremely glitchy. Also the floor sometimes turns black or transparent. I've messed with the Yabause settings like SH2 and tried changing it to debugger and it temporarily fixed the issue into i got to chapter 3. Now it's back again. Does any one have any suggestions as to what might be going on as well as a solution? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!