Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

Please read first post first!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Re: Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Aug 12 2013 12:33pm

I won't, but this doesn't go in the patch error report topic. Please continue the discussion elsewhere if needed.

I just burn the ISO file. I don't think it matters what burning software you use, but I use nero for the record.
I have also heard people just burn the cue file which grabs the ISO in the process and that may be the proper way.

You might be having problems because you're trying to burn both. The track2.bin file is used in the patching process and isn't needed after the patch completes. You may want to test the iso in an emulator to make sure it was patched correctly. Instructions on the official site.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Eskimudio » Sun Aug 18 2013 3:01pm

Emmett The Crab wrote:Please don't murdelize me if this has been covered before. I'm new here.

OKay, I have burned the disc twice using a windows program called "image burn." I included SF3.CUE and SF3 (ISO file).

There's another file, SF3track2.bin (is that supposed to be in there too?) I left it out.
Also, does the CD ROM have to be named right? Both times I just called it CDROM.
Neither of my discs I made are loading, but I know the original game disc works using an Action Replay, (Scenario 2)

Trying to make a disc to play on my Saturn, rather than emulate.

Hey Emmett the Crab, I've played the games on my Saturn before so hopefully I can help you. I got the impression from your above quoted post that this is the first Saturn game burned from an .iso file you've tried to play on your console. A Saturn will not play a burned CD game, it was built this way to prevent software piracy. There are ways to play burned games on the Sega Saturn. The best information I've found for doing it is on the RacketBoy website, here's a link
How to Play Burned/Backup Games on the Sega Saturn

I went through the process of installing a modchip, that I purchased from the RacketBoy website, into my Saturn console, and it then worked well for me to play the SFIII translated games on my console.
Sorry, about continuing this discussion here. If you want my advice Emmett the Crab, please private message me.
Eskimudio

Postby Sho » Wed Dec 04 2013 6:20pm

Gonna post this here as it’s the closest related topic: So I’ve just finished scn 1 today (actual game disc) and saved at the end, I’ve just tried to start scn 2 (patched) now and it won’t let me load the scn 1 file, it will only let me begin a new game or copy or delete the scn 1 file. Anyone know what the problem is? The scn 2 disk is an older patch, maybe it doesn’t support the crossover? I dunno.
Sho

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby legalize freedom » Wed Dec 04 2013 7:12pm

Not a patch issue, but I'll give it a shot.

I believe the answer is that you want to start a new Sc2 game (and follow in game instructions to acknowledge your Sc1 complete save).

You can't expect to load a Sc1 save when you are playing Sc2.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Sho » Wed Dec 04 2013 7:21pm

Thanks for the quick help. This is the first time i’ve tried to continue on from the end of scn 1 so I assumed it would want to load the completed file rather than beginning a new game. I’m concerned that it wants me to name the characters again though.
Sho

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby legalize freedom » Thu Dec 05 2013 1:15pm

It should give you an opportunity to select the complete file at some point. You may want to ask out in the main forum if you're still having problems.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby shadowfire36 » Fri Jan 03 2014 5:00am

i have been playing fine except with an action replay in either sceniaro 2 &3 i keep getting corrupt data when i use it in either ....im paying v15 .. i get illegal instruction errors a lot
other than that i love it !!! im sure has something to do with the saturn intenal memory
shadowfire36

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Jan 03 2014 1:30pm

I don't believe this is a patch issue specifically. Sounds like primarily an emulator issue. Try adjusting the EZ Settings to see if that helps.

I don't use an action replay so beyond that I don't think I can help.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby shadowfire36 » Fri Jan 03 2014 10:51pm

im not using an emulator .i tried running it on an emulator 1st ...but i dont have a pc system in my house that could run ssf ...it keep crashing and locking up i tried running ssf on ubuntu, windows 7,window 8 , and my macs (sorry no xp machines ) .i got it to work on yabuse , but none of the background durning a fight worked with the patch games on yabuse .
im using my modded saturn to play them ( i have 3 saturns yea had to dig deep in my closet to find them )

if i us my japanese disc the action replay seems to load ,but the save file is unusable .
if i play with the saturn the patch disc i get illegal address errors when it loads.
i have to clear the internal memory few times to get the codes to work .
the only success i have had is use the codes at the very begininng of the game , or use 3 line action replay codes when playing a patch . i have to remove and save it to the cartridge back and for a lot to make them work ..

the issue is somewhere in memory addressing is my guess . maybe a bad check sum . but how to fix it i have no clue
the only reason i want to use my action replay is to unlock the characters..
i have not been able to unlock edmund in game thus far , with my scenairo 2 save carried over .Which is an issue i did not have when playing the orginal japanese carry over when i played it in 2000.Also when i used it the action replay code back in 2000 (code for edmund and isabella = 36030FB6 00XY) it gave me both edmund and it didnt cause isabella sprites to continuoulsy changing in the HQ. whch im having now with the patches.

i noticed that the problems i been having with the action replay seemed to be when moving saves from each sceniaro . i had minimal issues in from scenairo 1 to scenairo 2 , where i have a lot with my save from scenairo 2 to scenairo 3 .if i were to play the patched games from the begining of scenairo 2 or 3 without my carried over saves the action replay works fine

i played the orginal japanese ones back in 2000, but i do remember that i used action replay codes in all 4 sceniaros without a problem.

by the way i love this patch and thanks to all that allowed me to play this finally in english :shock: :)

i figure somebody may want this info so i shared it .
shadowfire36

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Jan 06 2014 1:25pm

As always, use Action Replay at your own risk. I'm not willing or qualified to advise on Action Replay issues.

I have no doubt it will act differently with the patch and most of the time for the bad. Many of the game files in the patch are right at the edge of file size max and I don't know how these codes might effect that.

Thanks for the kind words!
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby MXC » Wed Jan 29 2014 2:03am

I know this error is old but I just got it. I was playing v12 on SSF .11 but still have the issue when playing v15 on the latest SSF.

Scn 2 (obviously) before the last battle (5) of Chapter 1. Varlant shows up and Benetram starts yacking and then this happens.

Master SH2 code=01C3
060766F0 : (01C3) Unknown code

SlaveSH2 code=5068
0600D368 : (5068) MOV.L @(H'20,R6), R0

68000 code = 51CFFFD4
0000111A : (51CFFFD4) DBRA.W D7, $000010F0
SH2 Unknown code : 01C3

I just ended up getting through it by playing the Japanese rom (thanks to Swalchy and Stor for suggesting it) and saving at battle start, then reloading the patch. Still seems odd though.
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby legalize freedom » Wed Jan 29 2014 1:24pm

Did you try lowering the EZ settings at that spot?
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby MXC » Wed Jan 29 2014 1:31pm

The only thing I tried was unchecking the "Check Slave SH2 Idle Loop" (which didn't work). The save has been overwritten now though.
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby mciccarone » Fri Jan 31 2014 1:42am

I was encountering the same Crash at Ch1 Benetram/Valarant speech at the rail yard.

Setting the EZ settings Highest Compatibility worked perfectly
mciccarone

Postby Dantarez » Fri Feb 07 2014 8:54pm

Hello guys, actually im not ''new'' in the forum, but have been inactive for quite some time

First Im sorry to disturb the order here by postin this problem that's happenning to Me but it seems this topic it the most likely to post it, so..

The thing is, on Scn. 2, at the switching point, while the conversation goes on, the game crashes at a point and shows this

''Erro
MasterSH2 code = 01 C3
060766F0 : (01C3) Unkonw code

SlaveSH2 code = 5068

68000 code = 41E80010
00001116 : (41E80010) LEA.L $0010(A0), A0
SH2 Unkown code : 01C3''

That is it
I really dont understand so if you guys would be kind enough to try heping Me out that would be great! =]

I've tried already: playin the same part lots of times, goin back for both previous state saves and in-game saves, downloaded the latest patch and re patched Scneario 2 and tryied playing again...

I guess this is all about it

Thank you guys, and thanks for all of this Project as well, this is just amazing, like a dream coming true, it were like 10 years or more waiting for something like this!

See ya ^^

Dantarez

Postby ericm » Mon Mar 17 2014 11:20pm

Not sure if this has been reported:
Last round of conversations you can have before leaving Saraband for Headland, one woman you talk to says something like "my wife and child..." the husband is standing right next to her, so it was meant to be his piece of dialog.
ericm

Postby alex_man » Tue Mar 18 2014 6:15pm

try another version of the emulator

Dantarez wrote: Hello guys, actually im not ''new'' in the forum, but have been inactive for quite some time

First Im sorry to disturb the order here by postin this problem that's happenning to Me but it seems this topic it the most likely to post it, so..

The thing is, on Scn. 2, at the switching point, while the conversation goes on, the game crashes at a point and shows this

''Erro
MasterSH2 code = 01 C3
060766F0 : (01C3) Unkonw code

SlaveSH2 code = 5068

68000 code = 41E80010
00001116 : (41E80010) LEA.L $0010(A0), A0
SH2 Unkown code : 01C3''

That is it
I really dont understand so if you guys would be kind enough to try heping Me out that would be great! =]

I've tried already: playin the same part lots of times, goin back for both previous state saves and in-game saves, downloaded the latest patch and re patched Scneario 2 and tryied playing again...

I guess this is all about it

Thank you guys, and thanks for all of this Project as well, this is just amazing, like a dream coming true, it were like 10 years or more waiting for something like this!

See ya ^^

alex_man

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Boken » Wed Jul 30 2014 12:21am

I'm getting a similar error toe teone at the switching point in the Waterfall Cave after the second enemy moves. I've tried downloading the latest SSF and every EZ setting.
Boken

Postby drunkensailor » Thu Oct 16 2014 4:54pm

when entering the final battle after a short while the screen starts flickering so badly it's unplayable
drunkensailor

Postby legalize freedom » Thu Oct 16 2014 6:13pm

I would need a little more to go on than that, but assuming you are using SSF, you could post your save file for me to test.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

PreviousNext

Return to SFIII Translation Project