Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

Please read first post first!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Re: Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

Postby Danteres » Mon Apr 02 2012 3:03am

Nah, I'm playing it on my Saturn. As it turns out, under the circumstance that you egress from battle 17, Robby seems to become an essential character for that specific battle. So what I did was switch Medion back in and swap some other force member out. I may not have had that member for that one battle, but that seemed to have solved my problem. I'm guessing this is more of a typical occurrence than I think it to be? Out of all the playthroughs of Scenario 2 I've been through, this was the one time I decide to egress out of this fight, so this is my first encounter with this situation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

"No matter what kind of impairment I may have, I can grasp happiness."

Danteres

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Apr 02 2012 12:23pm

Glad you were able to figure it out.

At any rate, this doesn't sound like a patch issue.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Danteres » Mon Apr 02 2012 4:49pm

Thank you, me too.

*shrugs* I guess not. If this occurs on the original disc, I guess that will confirm it. However, I already moved on and replaced the file anyways.

And wow, that's a lot of changes you guys made. It's a welcome change though, I always favored egress as apposed to return.

Danteres

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Nuburan » Fri May 11 2012 5:05am

I noticed a couple of small things when I started scenario 2 last night. In Saraband, in the formerly Republican section, there is a bookshelf about the advantages of living on a steam-ship city. The text runs off the screen. Also, when you make to leave and are rejoined by Syntesis and Uryudo, I think Syntesis calls Garzel "Grazel" at one point in that conversation.
Nuburan

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby legalize freedom » Sat May 12 2012 1:32pm

These have been addressed.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Nuburan » Sat May 12 2012 9:35pm

Ah, sorry, I must not have the latest revision of V13.
Nuburan

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby legalize freedom » Sun May 13 2012 12:56am

I mean I have addressed them now. They will appear in the next release.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Vapid Decree » Mon May 14 2012 11:42am

Not an error. Just a gramatical error that makes me cringe >_>Image
Vapid Decree

Postby legalize freedom » Mon May 14 2012 2:54pm

I need a location. At the very least a chapter and a city/battle.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Nuburan » Mon May 14 2012 11:01pm

I saw a really odd one just a moment ago. Medion died (in battle 7 of scenario 2), and the text said "Medion and his allies" and cut off there, followed by the usual message about friendship levels decreasing.

Also, if you're taking notes about post-chapter-one textual errors, I noticed a couple of the "ally"-apostrophe cases in Anafect Village. One was the old man in the village mayor's boat after battle 6. The other was before the battle, but I don't recall exactly where.

[Edit] Went back and checked. The other is a bookcase upstairs in the inn. [/Edit]
Nuburan

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Vapid Decree » Tue May 15 2012 8:57am

Chapter V right before battle #24. When you hatch the egg that's the dialogue you get.
Vapid Decree

Postby Nuburan » Wed May 16 2012 5:09am

In the conversation after battle 8, somebody (Hazuki's father, if memory serves) says "Prine Medion" rather than "Prince Medion".
Nuburan

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby FireBladed » Tue May 22 2012 11:40pm

Hello everybody!
It's been a very long time since I've last commented on this forum.

I (re)played the Scenario 1 last year (I believe in patch 12 or so). I decided to wait for the patch 13 to play the last ones and finnaly had the time to do so about 1 month ago.
Firstly I would like to give a BIG THANKS to everybody in the project for, after so many years of waiting, bringing the game to english speaking people in the world.

Now the stuff. I played the Scenario 2 untill the end, last weekend. Most of the translation issues I found are already reported here. The overall work is superb.

BUT,there is one though, not related to translation. As Zorg33 posted in page 8, in the second to last battle (the Tank one), when you are in control of the second party (the one inside the Tank), the game DOES go nuts like the image posted by Zorg33.
I do not know why it is, but here's what happens:
IF you have completed the slots of characters left, with monsters that Pappets catches (that is, 3 monsters), when the last of the monsters' turn begins, the display goes Nuts, exactly like the image he posted.

For me it was 1 Blood Born, 1 Minotaur and 1 Wyvern. Everybody in the party moved, and then it was the monsters' turn. Blood Born was fine, and so was the Minotaur. But as soon as I got control over the Wyvern, the graphics went crazy!

Here's what FIXED IT: I kept on playing, though I could barely see who was attacking who. Whenever it went to the team inside the Tank I sent the Wyvern to the front so that it could be killed by the enemies. Whenever the Wyvern was hit, the condition of the graphics worsened BUT when he finally died I cast Egress (with the graphics still crazy) and saved the game in the Church. When I rebooted the Saturn (I am playing in my old Saturn) IT WAS FINE! And it kept that way.

I didn't add any more monster to fulfill the slot left by the Wyvern and it played perfect untill the end.

Do you think this is a patch problem?
FireBladed

Postby legalize freedom » Wed May 23 2012 12:10pm

Hard to say if it is specifically a patch issue. I have no doubt something added or subtracted by the patch is contributing to it. Could be another file that needs to be below the standard limit like the Sc3 Ch1 freeze.

We'll dive into it when we reach that point in the playtesting. This particular issue has come up for many people. Thanks for the additional information.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Rems » Thu May 24 2012 6:39pm

FireBladed wrote:Hello everybody!
It's been a very long time since I've last commented on this forum.

I (re)played the Scenario 1 last year (I believe in patch 12 or so). I decided to wait for the patch 13 to play the last ones and finnaly had the time to do so about 1 month ago.
Firstly I would like to give a BIG THANKS to everybody in the project for, after so many years of waiting, bringing the game to english speaking people in the world.

Now the stuff. I played the Scenario 2 untill the end, last weekend. Most of the translation issues I found are already reported here. The overall work is superb.

BUT,there is one though, not related to translation. As Zorg33 posted in page 8, in the second to last battle (the Tank one), when you are in control of the second party (the one inside the Tank), the game DOES go nuts like the image posted by Zorg33.
I do not know why it is, but here's what happens:
IF you have completed the slots of characters left, with monsters that Pappets catches (that is, 3 monsters), when the last of the monsters' turn begins, the display goes Nuts, exactly like the image he posted.

For me it was 1 Blood Born, 1 Minotaur and 1 Wyvern. Everybody in the party moved, and then it was the monsters' turn. Blood Born was fine, and so was the Minotaur. But as soon as I got control over the Wyvern, the graphics went crazy!

Here's what FIXED IT: I kept on playing, though I could barely see who was attacking who. Whenever it went to the team inside the Tank I sent the Wyvern to the front so that it could be killed by the enemies. Whenever the Wyvern was hit, the condition of the graphics worsened BUT when he finally died I cast Egress (with the graphics still crazy) and saved the game in the Church. When I rebooted the Saturn (I am playing in my old Saturn) IT WAS FINE! And it kept that way.

I didn't add any more monster to fulfill the slot left by the Wyvern and it played perfect untill the end.

Do you think this is a patch problem?

So you probably could do so with the Japanese unpatched game. That is to say start the battle with the original game. Send the Wyvern, or whatever character you want to get rid of, behind the enemy lines to be slaughtered. Egress and save an play again with the patched game.
Rems

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby ambrosjb » Fri Jun 29 2012 3:09pm

Bug from Sc2:

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere.

Whenever Pappets kills a beast and it joins the force, it says something like "Pappets convinced pappets to join the force" instead of using "Wyvern" or "Minotaur".

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:
ambrosjb

Postby towerofpowerx » Wed Aug 08 2012 8:43pm

Well, I just finished my playthrough of Sc2. Hardly an exaustive playthrough, but I do have something to report about the battle with Garvin's tank. The one where Pappett's last monster's turn begins (for me it was a Wyvern), and the screen gets all glitchy and eventually crashes it. Yep, happened to me to, but yes, you can get around it with the original disk. Start the original Japanese game, get that last monster killed, save during the battle, switch, then continue battle where you left off. Easy-peasy (at least, if you're playing on an actual Saturn. Don't know how that would work on an emulater.....).

P.S. I read in the FAQ that you don't want spelling errors/bugs etc. for any but the beta chapters i.e. Chapter 1, but I didn't know that going into this, so I wrote down a bunch throughout my playthrough. Just saying, I've already wrote'em down, sure you don't wanna see'em?
towerofpowerx

Postby legalize freedom » Thu Aug 09 2012 1:17am

Sure. Email them to me. I'll fix up the ones we haven't already found.

I'm all over the Wyvern thing. It will be fixed on next release.

Thanks!
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby PanzerAzelSaturn » Fri Aug 17 2012 6:20am

I also have the crash at the end of sc 2. Just dl the patch and made my discs from my originals and popped in sc2 to test it. Went ahead and loaded old jp ver save to see if they played nice together and after a few turns in the tank the screen went all wonky and I had to turn off the system. Btw, i'm using a modded saturn. Also btw, I cried a bit to see sc2 in English after all these years of resignation. I can't wait to play through them all again the way they should have been. Even my premium disc is twice as awesome now. Thanks so much! (And now I can stop trying to teach my 2yo son Japanese so that he could read it to me some day)

Postby Zorlon » Sun Oct 21 2012 7:28pm

The wrong name is shown when Zero didn't aquire the ship's key as you can see in the spoiler, it's fine when you do grab it

WARNING: SPOILER!

Thats in version 13 and it's the short meeting outside Saraband in Chapter 5

This bit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zorlon

PreviousNext

Return to SFIII Translation Project