Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

Please read first post first!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Re: Bugs in scenario 2

Postby Thief » Wed Feb 16 2011 2:36am

Having just gone through Airo Village, there are some lines there that confused me. Like claiming that Bearsol is the east, and the cave to Swampland being to the west. There is also a mention of using the eastern coastal road to get to Aspia, but I have to wonder why anyone would suggest that, considering the coastal road on Baersol side to the west seems shorter. Ah, well.

There is also the matter of Garosh/Jade related lines. At least two houses said things about them as if the boys were their children. How many siblings do they have in total anyhow? Garosh survives in my game, but they talked about how his elder brothers died in service...

Also, that Anafect dialog fast-forward bug happened again with one NPC in Airo as well.

legalize freedom wrote:The names have been/ will be shuffled a bit to make them consistent over all scenarios. I'm also going to be testing using the unused name slots for other names such as Bulzome, Empire, etc. that appear frequently to save on file size. Apparently with V12 and for certain after V13, the names will be jumbled unless you start a new game (since they are stored in the game save). If you want to play from a save and have the correct names, you will need to change them with BoneIdol's save editor.

I'll look into that error in Elbesem...

Oh, good then. While I'm this close to clearing Scenario 2 soon, would carrying over the save file into Scenario 3 retain the same erroneous pointers, in the event that I patch up the game with V13 or later?
Thief

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Draico » Wed Feb 16 2011 12:03pm

ImageImageImage
Here are some more screenshots. There are two cases with "Ally" instead of an apostrophe, and the third screenshot shows that the text window doesn't fit in the screen (there is the same bug before or during the battle on the bridge by the way).
Draico

Postby legalize freedom » Wed Feb 16 2011 1:24pm

Airo issues logged to fix.

Yes, you should plan to edit the names manually.

I appreciate the screens, but I need a location. Chapter, Section, town name , battle number... something.
Get sections from the FTP xls files and battle numbers from Jumesyn.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Thief » Thu Feb 17 2011 3:27am

Garzel screen is from the battle at the Suspension Bridge, the last one for Chapter 2.
Death Helen and Fiale, are from the second battle at Stump Treetop, also second battle in Chapter 3.

All from Scenario 2.

(How does one access the FTP anyway? It asks for username and password...)
Thief

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby BoneIdol » Thu Feb 17 2011 8:32am

The first screenshot is the last battle in Scenario 2 Chapter 2 (Battle 10), the town before the battle is Lineside. I believe this scene takes place halfway through the battle IIRC, after you kill a few enemies.

The second screenshot is the 2nd battle in Scenario 2 Chapter 3 (Battle 12), the town before the battle is Stump Village. This text is from the opening scene of the battle.

--EDIT--

There was a second page? Odd, I'm sure I clicked the last post link. :(

Oh well, the translation project ftp is http://sf3transftp.shiningforcecentral.com/. You won't be able to log in via FTP as it's just a subdomain on SFC rather than an actual FTP server. It's only really refered to as the FTP because that's what's used to upload stuff to it. ;)
BoneIdol

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Thief » Thu Feb 17 2011 9:51am

Ah, I see. I got the FTP direct link from one of the sticky topics, so I thought I was missing something.

Time to stalk out these precious translation files! :D
Thief

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Scenario 2 end of CH1 prob

Postby od420 » Wed Feb 23 2011 7:18am

so i've gotten past the railroad battle final and saw the end of chapter 1 when it asked me to save i said yes and to continue yes. Black screen is all i get and when i load the save same result. using SSF 9 alpha R4 i also have to different versions of the patched english version. is this a common prob or do i have bad or unfinished patched games?
od420

Re: Scenario 2 end of CH1 prob

Postby Rick » Wed Feb 23 2011 9:44am

It is a problem that people have come across... I think you get round it by using the actual disk rather than the ISO
Rick's 10K Run Blog

SF Community Project. Come have a looksie

Chaos Wizard wrote:I prefer beauty more then Virginal. But no skanks. :angry:

masquirinsears wrote:wow that rick, he's so hot right now, rick...

-----
Shining Force: Ancient Pathways RPG
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
HP: 21/21 |||||||||||||||||||||
-----
Rick's 10K Run Blog

-----
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
-----
Rick

Lionheart
Shining Legend

Postby Kazgaroth » Wed Feb 23 2011 5:03pm

If you run into problems with the translated/patched ISO, then try using the original ISO file to get past that point.

My scn2 and 3 discs are both broken now :(
Kazgaroth

The Scarlet Pimpernel
Shining Legend

Postby od420 » Wed Feb 23 2011 7:30pm

thanks, didnt even think about trying that thanks will have to try it out later
od420

Postby Rick » Wed Feb 23 2011 11:30pm

I can't really screenshot it now, I'm past it, but Pappetts, when 'taming' a monster to the force, it said

'Pappetts has succeeded in adding Pappetts to the force'

The Monster in question was a Minotaur

Also, after the defeat of Tybalt, there are a lot of eventhough, which should obviously be even though. This appears to stop once Aspia is entered
Rick's 10K Run Blog

-----
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
-----
Rick's 10K Run Blog

-----
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
-----
Rick

Lionheart
Shining Legend

Postby Dark Force » Thu Mar 10 2011 9:52am

Not really reporting a bug since Airo hasn't been reviewed yet and this is a pretty obvious one, but it's still pretty funny:

Dark Force

Postby Thief » Fri Mar 11 2011 2:18am

What's funny? Those characters are Jade's family?
Thief

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Dark Force » Fri Mar 11 2011 4:54am

Look at the sprites I was talking to, the little girl is saying she was Jade's wife and the woman was saying she was his daughter.
Dark Force

Shopkeeper at Rhineside Village

Postby Doomblade66 » Fri Apr 01 2011 2:01pm

:eyebrow: IS THERE SOME KIND OF BUG CURRENTLY AFFECTING SF-CENTRAL ? THE TEXT I TYPE IN HERE IS NOT WHAT IS COMING UP IN THE FINAL POSTING - IT'S ALL MESSED UP - LETTER ERRORS - ETC ? :confused:

Hey guys - just encountered a small / minor - issue in Rhineside village in Sc-2 of my playthrough of all the SF-III games. When you talk to the Weapon Shop owner - from the "normal position" opposite the counter from him - all the pops up is "Line 97" - as his dialogue.

I'm sure he's supposed to be saying his usual "we have quality weapons...blah blah" - speech that they always give, but I wanted to mention it in case the Trans-Team didn't know about it. I guess it's also possible I'm using an older version of the patch which just doesn't have the most recent updated lines/corrections in place ?

Lastly - I noted to Swalchy (IIRC) - that I was having problems getting logged into the old FTP page that held the various files for the Translation Patch - including the most-current version ...when I clicked on the link, it brought me to a password-protected FTP thing that would not open unless I entered some Password ? I said this was odd, as I didn't recall that being a factor before when I first downloaded the files ? Does anyone know anything about that too...and if it was just a random glitch, or if I simply have a bad link to the FTP ? // If anyone can provide a direct link that they have just tested and KNOW will lead right to the FTP listing of files - without need of inputting any passwords - then please consider including it in your response - as that would be a big help to :thumbsup:
Doomblade66

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: Shopkeeper at Rhineside Village

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Apr 02 2011 1:34am

The FTP link is in my sig.

Let us know if the new version fixes your issue.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby NK. » Sat Apr 02 2011 4:51am

Doom: It was April Fool's from SFC of cos ;) Moogs DOES have a sense of humour u know :P
NK.

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Doomblade66 » Sat Apr 02 2011 10:29am

Yeah .... :blush: I realized that shortly afterwards when I considered it ...and the date. I didn't realize the Moogster was such a goofy Goddess though :)
Doomblade66

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Significant Dialogue Mistake - Scenario-2 Patch

Postby Doomblade66 » Tue Apr 05 2011 11:07pm

Hey guys - mostly going out to the Translation Team folks - but others might see this and be able to mention it to them too - if need be.

I am playing through Scenario-2 of SF-III, and am using the most recent V-1.2 patch for it ....and I discovered something at first confusing - but then understandable - in the Translation wording during the battle atop Stump Village (with Hedoba - Dessheren - etc).

Basically...at the start of the fight - I think it is High Priest Fiale - one of the enemies mentions "now will you tell us where Julian went ?" - to David, since they have Hedoba as their prisoner.

Additionally, at the end of the battle, during the scenes between almighty Galm and Dessheren - there is more confusing references to Julian a character who Medion and his party (at this point) have not even met or seen before.

A key example of this is at the end - after Galm runs off Dessheren - he suggests you go to Elbesem to find the "Staff of Besem".

Galm's specific sentence that convinced me to post this was:

"That staff is the only thing Bulzome fears... And thus, the owner of the staff, Julian, is a target of the Bulzome sect."

Immediately after that sentence, David says, "Gracia left the staff behind... If those bast*rds are looking for the staff, they're sure to come to Elbesem !"

Basically...it seems that throughout this entire scene - from the start of the fight to the end - all references to JULIAN - are in fact supposed to be references to GRACIA, the Innovator who the Bulzome Sect was looking for in Stump Village all along.

I am merely pointing this out so the Translation Team can look into it and do a simple Cut-n-Paste of the names when they do their next update for the patch files.

:thumbsup:
Doomblade66

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: Significant Dialogue Mistake - Scenario-2 Patch

Postby legalize freedom » Wed Apr 06 2011 12:36pm

You are correct in that they are talking about Gracia.

Names are unique in that they are saved in the save game file when the game is first started. From scenario to scenario there were originally names in different slots. For example in Sc1 Julian may use the same slot as Gracia uses in Sc2. The patch normallizes these, so for any scenario any name is in the same slot and has the same reference in the game files (at least that is the ultimate intent).

This causes issues when you start any scenario without the patch or with a much different version of the patch. (since the original names in the given slots will be used and saved) For instance the next version will include a few name re-locations, so this issue will be rampant as folks try to continue from their previous saves.

The answer is simple. Until such a time the name locations are finalized (should be V13) and you wish to start a new game, edit your game save with BoneIdol's excellent save editor and change the names to what they should be.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

PreviousNext

Return to SFIII Translation Project