SFIII Translation Project: Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

Please read first post first!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Akimb0

Re: Sc2 Glitches

Post by Akimb0 »

You only have to copy and paste the save file ( NOT a State Save. ) over to the earlier version of SSF for that one battle. You don't need to play the whole game with it. In fact you don't even need to play the entire battle, as soon as the talking is over, you can save in battle and copy the file back to a new SSF version.
Julian
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Julian »

I give up.... Once again there is a freeze at the train tracks. I would love to be able to transfer the save data butttt! there is no save data what so ever in the Backup > External Backup Folder.... I didn't savestate once I saved at the church and in battle. I am so disapointed... I can't even play this game... oh my, let me know if anyone works something out or can find a way to get save data another way....
Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Swalchy »

The "Backup" folder only has something in it if you have "Hook backup Library" ticked in the SSF options. Otherwise, the InternalBackupRAM.bin and ExternalBackupRAM.bin files are in the main folder where you have your SSF programme.

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.
Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...

Mensa Member
IQ 137
Not bragging; just making you dumb-asses aware. :evilgrin:
Julian
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Julian »

So I simply move the external backup RAM file into the older emulator folder, nowhere specific... and it should load up on the older version?

UPDATE!:

FINALLY WORKING!

I'm finally through that stupid glitch! I was looking in the backup folder for the save files because I had backup hookup enabled in the previous playthroughs. So if this same glitch happens for anyone else download Emulator 007 alpha (go to help page and get it off oddeyes post link) and then copy the externalbackupRAM file and paste it into the 007 folder, play through the glitch, save in battle, then copy and paste the ExternalRAM file back over to your original emulator!

PRAISE THE LORD! ( and the members here :thumbsup: ) Scenario 2! HERE I COME! :excited:
merlin

Post by merlin »

has anyone had a glitch problem with Shining The Holy Ark?...where at the tower of illusion you get stuck!!...............I successfully played it once and got through but when i played it again i got stuck......even though i did the correct formation steps......I wonder if its because its a PAL version?.....would this be in the NTSC version too?????????...help!!!!
Blue Wizard
Julian
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Julian »

Ya shoulda made a topic about this one in the STHA forum.

Try Switching emulators?
merlin

Post by merlin »

ooooooppppsssss!.....................i shuda known that....thanks for the info.....merlin
Blue Wizard
Julian
Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Scenario 2 Error Report Topic

Post by Julian »

Hey guys, I know you're not taking glitches past the 2nd chapter but I thought I'd just jot down the glitches I had in the game so you may look at them in the future. I am now finished. No HUGE errors to record that couldn't be fixed by changing emulators, in other words, it's not your patch it's the emulator in most cases.

Train tracks crossing point: We've all heard about this one i'm sure. Right after Benetrem says the general has gone insane, the game freezes. can be fixed by copying your external ram to emulator SSF 0.07.

Pirson cell : When trying to break your characters out of their prison cells, it will always show you an error, and freeze, if you try to break the barrels to get into the hidden doorway.

Underground ruins of Storich: If you try to go into the room to change maps the graphics get quite glitchy and it's hard to see, I didn't end up fixing this one, I just decided not to go in the room.

Battle inside the tank/ Aspia gate: If any of the "Giga Breaker" enimies get a turn, the screen either changes resolution, changes color of the game, or completely freezes. I managed to get through the battle after resetting my options.

Churches/Shops: The start of chapter 4, and all of chapter 5 and 6 have no text in the churches and the shops, including how much gold you have, and the status of the weapons and items inside the shop, Nothing major, but thought I'd mention this.

Again, I'm sorry for posting onwards from chapter 1, but I thought if I didn't jot them down here now, I'd never be back here, or i'd forget them all, You can disregard them until the time comes, hopefully they're useful in the future.

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME TRANSLATION!

No huge complaints what so ever.

Onto scenario 3 I go.

That's all! mostly emulation problems, The game was pretty smooth
Kiso

Post by Kiso »

Okay i have some reports too:

Using SSF 011 alpha r4 the game crashes at the switching point, so i can hardly think it's an emulator problem as julian mentioned.
Using the japanese cd the game doesn't crash at the switching point.

By introducing Spiriel at the imperial HQ there is missing an i (Spir*i*el). Translation patch says that her name is Spirel.

You called the item "armour milk" but in SF1, SF2 and SF3 Sc. 1 it's always called "armor milk". Don't know whether it's on purpose.

Bernard's name in Sc. 1 (UK-version) is Barnard. Just want to note that.

Good work so far!
Keep translating :)
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by legalize freedom »

The switching point crash has happened to many people. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have not been able to reproduce it.

I believe this name fix is logged for fixing, but if you want to report something, you need to give me an exact location (city name, etc), chapter section, before/after battle number, etc. Otherwise, I will play hell hunting it down.

Armour Milk is correct. We are using the UK spelling for several words in the translation.

Bernard is correct.
Kiso

Post by Kiso »

Well, i don't know how to explain better...

Introducing characters, their name is highlighted.

For example: Spiriel is talking the first time, then the message box is like that:

Spiriel:
-text-

And exactly that "Spiriel" is spelled wrong.
Its the first time Spiriel is talking in the imperial hq.

Hope you can find it now.
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Just as I explained. Give me the city and chapter at least. Better yet find your time/location on the SectionProgress-ScX.xls file on the FTP and report it.

I understand the issue, I need to know where to find it in the files.

I don't have memorized when you first talk to Spiriel, I'm sorry.
Hotspur

Post by Hotspur »

If he's indeed talking about Scenario 2, I believe that would be the Saraband Imperial Mansion at the start of the game, with all the generals gathered and the talk about her and Franz, and all that.

If I'm reading that excel doc properly, I believe it would be section 1-3.
Cowards die many times before their deaths,
The valiant never taste of death but once.
--Julius Caesar (II, ii, 32-33)
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Bingo!

Thank you.
Bulzome
~The Master of Evil~
Shining Member

Post by Bulzome »

I found two magic spells and I don't know what they are:

one is "Pacify" (page 4 line 200)
the other is "Chant" (page 4 line 210)
I succumbed only to the power of Elbesem

PSN: TheGreatBulzome
Turret

Help please?Scenario 2 error in ssf

Post by Turret »

I'm using ssf 0.11 alpha r1 and the latest translation patch on http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/
This has been brought up along time ago on another topic but I encountered it today at the same spot.
In sceneario 2 at the railroad switch point after Benetram says "At this rate we'll be fighting against two armies at once." it gives me this whacky error:
---------------------------
MasterSH2 code = 01C3
060766F0 : (01C3) Unknown code

SlaveSH2 code = 5068
0600D368 : (5068) MOV.L @(H'20,R6), R0

68000 code = 51CFFFFC
00003B56 : (51CFFFFC) DBRA.W D7, $00003B54
SH2 Unknown code : 01C3
OK

I tried all sorts of stuff mentioned in the topic i found
( http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/i ... opic=10434 )
But no good.. At first I tried using the japanese cd w/o translation patch and got into the battle, saved and then tried to load it via the translated iso but it gave me another whacky error before I even got to the load game screen with the wizard and fairy... Then I tried T300's fix, it worked at first but just errored again right before the battle... I don't know whats going on anymore or how to get through this error free.
Hope someone can assist x.x
Thank you.
kight
Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Help please?Scenario 2 error in ssf

Post by kight »

I'd say to try loading your hardsave in an earlier version of SSF, but if you're using 0.11 I don't think any of the versions that don't have the error can load your save..
lightsol

Re: Help please?Scenario 2 error in ssf

Post by lightsol »

All you have to do is load the save in a non-patched version of the game for that part, and then save again and open it in a patched version. Hope that helps.
~LightSol~
"be the change you want to see in the world"

http://www.walzmusic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
custom composition, sound design and voiceovers
10+ years of passion and experience
Rems
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Rems »

I've just updated patch files and patched Sc2.
I'm playing on a modded US Saturn with an Action Replay with no cheats activated (just using the memory).
I had a 'CD ERROR' in battle #2 occurring when the cursor is selecting an enemy, then nothing happens for a couple of seconds and then the 'CD ERROR - Check the lens' message appears.

Is this a bug due to the patch? or my patching/burning didn't work properly?

Thanks!

PS: first time I play in English... really amazing!
Qui fait le malin, tombe dans le ravin.
Hop ! Bof...
Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Swalchy »

The only way to test that Rems would be to try it on SSF and see if the same error occurs in the same place.

Why are you using the Action Replay btw?
Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.
Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...

Mensa Member
IQ 137
Not bragging; just making you dumb-asses aware. :evilgrin: