Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Scenario 1 Error Report Topic

Please read first post first!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Re: Scenario 1 Error Report Topic

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Jan 06 2012 7:25pm

Are you using Daemon Tools?

Are you loading the cue file?
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Trent » Sun Jan 08 2012 2:54pm

Yep and yep.
Trent

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Jan 09 2012 1:14pm

Be sure to leave the patch process alone to do its thing. Don't do anything on the computer while it's running.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Trent » Tue Jan 10 2012 1:35am

Yeah I've tried to do all of those things. I messaged swalch about it earlier on and he couldn't figure out what was up either. The thing is that I can apply the patch to sc2 successfully without any issue.
Trent

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Nuburan » Tue Jan 10 2012 1:38am

I've noticed a small display issue. It's more of a "systems" thing than chapter-one specific, but it could, maybe, theoretically turn up in chapter one. When a character with a particularly long name is affected by a slow (or possibly support) spell, the cut-scene text (i.e., "Longnamedcharacter's defense and agility decreased!") can run out of the text box and off the screen.
Nuburan

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby legalize freedom » Tue Jan 10 2012 2:16am

Nuburan wrote:I've noticed a small display issue. It's more of a "systems" thing than chapter-one specific, but it could, maybe, theoretically turn up in chapter one. When a character with a particularly long name is affected by a slow (or possibly support) spell, the cut-scene text (i.e., "Longnamedcharacter's defense and agility decreased!") can run out of the text box and off the screen.

I noticed that, but decided to leave it as is since it is pretty rarely encountered. The fix would be to shorten the attributes (def and agi decreased). Didn't seem worth it to me.

To my knowledge, this is unrelated to any crash.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Nuburan » Tue Jan 10 2012 5:13am

Sorry, that was probably bad timing on my part. I didn't mean to imply that the text issue is related to crashes; just wanted to point it out.
Nuburan

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby legalize freedom » Tue Jan 10 2012 1:18pm

Trent wrote:Yeah I've tried to do all of those things. I messaged swalch about it earlier on and he couldn't figure out what was up either. The thing is that I can apply the patch to sc2 successfully without any issue.

Try to do a fresh install of the patch directly under C: and/or try on another computer.

Although if Sc2 and Sc3 are working, you may want to try a different copy of the original disc. If it's an image you downloaded, that's the problem.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Swalchy » Tue Jan 10 2012 1:45pm

legalize freedom wrote:
Trent wrote:Yeah I've tried to do all of those things. I messaged swalch about it earlier on and he couldn't figure out what was up either. The thing is that I can apply the patch to sc2 successfully without any issue.

Try to do a fresh install of the patch directly under C: and/or try on another computer.

Although if Sc2 and Sc3 are working, you may want to try a different copy of the original disc. If it's an image you downloaded, that's the problem.

Yeah, we tried all of that with Trent - just didn't seem to want to do anything we wanted. The only thing we didn't try is getting him to do it on another PC, which may just have to be the case =/
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Swalchy » Sat Jan 14 2012 1:54am

Got an issue when getting to Trusted friendship on the first battle of Scenario 1. Whilst it says Trusted, unlike the rest of the "Friendship" levels, it isn't in a different colour (and so is just plain white), and the extra ! at the end of Trusted stays on the battle screen as part of the dialogue box.

I'm playing on a real Sega Saturn, and have tried the patch with three different Discs. Does the same with each one.

Unfortunately, I don't have a screenshot to show you...

Edit: Here we go. Got the same thing whilst playing on SSF.

How Friend looks http://grab.by/byO5

How trusted looks http://grab.by/byO6

Edit#2:

Checked the relative lines in the original English Scenario 1 files and those in the patch files for X5BTL101 (7-256 and 8-1), and the original English Scenario 1 looks like this http://grab.by/byOg but the patched file looks like http://grab.by/byOh
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Jan 14 2012 3:12am

I'm aware. I have it fixed for V13.

Still not sure it will work exactly like Sc2 and Sc3 though. Trusted (along with Soulmate) may be rainbow for Sc1. Let me know how it works after V13 is released.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Bulzome » Tue Jan 31 2012 7:05pm

I know that this is specifically for chapter one. However, I've found an issue that I'd like to bring to your attention. In the file X5ASPI_4 on Page 8. (I can't remember which line).
WARNING: SPOILER!
Every exclamation point appears as an "x". This is the only place I've noticed it happening. I am currently using Version 12 of the Patch. I have even tried fixing the file in the translator, but I still have the same issue. I am patching an original US disc, so I'm very puzzled by this issue. It is very minor, but I wanted to bring it to someone's attention. My disc IS a little scratched, but plays just fine. I don't know if that would affect the patch at all...
Bulzome

~The Master of Evil~
Shining Member

Postby Zzasikar » Tue Apr 03 2012 9:13am

Hey, I just discovered a small bug while playing through Scenario 1. I assume this topic isn't just for Chapter 1 bugs any more since the first five chapters are now in beta, but I apologise if that assumption is incorrect.

After the Switching Point battle in Chapter 2, my force received 50 experience points each and a few party members leveled up as normal. After the battle I was buying weapons from the trader on the train and stumbled across something strange:

As you can see, Synbios is level 6 with 143 experience which seems a little odd. He is the only character who seems to be exhibiting this issue.

It's probably something that is also present in the original game but I thought I'd note it here just in case it isn't since I've never noticed anything like it before.
Zzasikar

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Danteres » Tue Apr 03 2012 4:33pm

@ZZasikar: That's definitely a common occurrence, with or without the patch, so you are correct :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

"No matter what kind of impairment I may have, I can grasp happiness."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

"No matter what kind of impairment I may have, I can grasp happiness."
Danteres

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Zzasikar » Wed Apr 04 2012 3:37am

Ah good to know. I must just be completely oblivious haha.
Zzasikar

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Arrawnt Valhart » Thu May 10 2012 10:19pm

Hi people... Back from France to the SFC after years away.
Congratulations for your great work, I'm just thinking about gathering a French Team as I had tried years ago for translating.

I'm playing Scenario 1 patched with the latest version, and I(ve noticed that in chapter 6, after having defeated Basanda and seen her jumping in the water, the texts appears to the wrong characters, from Basanda's Fall and Spiriel's "awakening" to the meeting with Fynnding when he talks about the Colossus (still in the catacombs).

This also includes the talks with the two Aspia Soldiers guarding the secret castle entrance.

Everything seems to be cleared when back to malorie for meeting with Tristus and Margaret.

Good luck anyway.

Postby aaaaaaf93 » Sat Jun 16 2012 4:21am

Arrawnt Valhart wrote:Hi people... Back from France to the SFC after years away.
Congratulations for your great work, I'm just thinking about gathering a French Team as I had tried years ago for translating.

I'm playing Scenario 1 patched with the latest version, and I(ve noticed that in chapter 6, after having defeated Basanda and seen her jumping in the water, the texts appears to the wrong characters, from Basanda's Fall and Spiriel's "awakening" to the meeting with Fynnding when he talks about the Colossus (still in the catacombs).

This also includes the talks with the two Aspia Soldiers guarding the secret castle entrance.

Everything seems to be cleared when back to malorie for meeting with Tristus and Margaret.

Good luck anyway.

I can confirm this happening on the console as well.

Also, in the same area, you can access the hero's quest. If you read the sign next to it, the text window will be stuck on the screen while you can still move around. Opening any subsequent menus will lock the game up, requiring a soft or hard reset (soft reset being A+B+C+Start)
aaaaaaf93

Postby RikaPSO » Tue Jul 16 2013 12:45pm

Hello. Bug report!
I've been playin through the game patched and am on chapter 4 on the Fafhard battle.
After the battle is over, Fafhard's first line of text gives SSF (ver 0.12 beta r4, patch version 14 updated) a error.
The unpatched game says "Finish... finish me off, Synbios..." for when the game would get the error. The error doesn't let you continue the game.

Edit: Another bug report.
After defeating Braff in scenario 1, his first line of text freezes the game.
The unpatched game says " Synbios... It seems.... I, Braff, have lost....". Pretty much the same error.

I did try repatching, didn't help. XD
RikaPSO

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Jul 20 2013 2:42am

I don't believe this is a patch issue.

Try playing with the EZ settings. Start at Low Compatibility (Fast). If you're good there, move up one, etc.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby RikaPSO » Mon Jul 22 2013 1:55am

legalize freedom wrote:I don't believe this is a patch issue.

Try playing with the EZ settings. Start at Low Compatibility (Fast). If you're good there, move up one, etc.

It's so weird. That worked, but I put the settings back to the highest just to test and no freeze there. o.O
So confused.
RikaPSO

Shining Member
Shining Member

PreviousNext

Return to SFIII Translation Project