SFC Hosting Renewal: we're searching the realm for US$360!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30 2011 9:25am
by SFC News
Well folks time really does go by faster the older you get...
It's that time of year again - the hosting renewal for SFC is due by October 1st, giving us a little over 4 weeks to reach the hosting bill of US$360. With all the work on getting SFC rebuilt I sort of forgot how soon the payment was due - so this is all a bit short notice I'm afraid.
The SFC family of sites has grown again in the last year, taking on the Shining Wiki site as well as One Thing Shining, a fantastic Shining Wisdom guide which needed a home. SFC itself has undergone a total overhaul including the forums, and there are still more features planned (including the return of the RPG & Shop System, which I've been recoding). SFC also hosts the Shining Force III Translation Project and the Shining Only: UK fan meetup site.
If you've got some spare PayPal funds and would like to help contribute towards keeping SFC online for another year, you can do so by clicking on the picture below. Thanks for your ongoing support!

UPDATE!
September 8th 2011 - We have now raised sufficient funds to cover the next year of hosting! Huge thanks to everyone has contributed this year :)

Re: SFC Hosting Renewal: we're searching the realm for US$36

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30 2011 9:53am
by Moogie
Here's the donate link:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... HUN3DMF93Q

As the forums strip out all the HTML from the News/Features posts >.<;;

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30 2011 3:31pm
by MXC
lol, the "Last Post" column of the boards has this as the preview:

Last post by Moogie
View the latest post
Tue Aug 30 2011 4:53am

Edit- So does the "Re:" section of the posts :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30 2011 4:01pm
by Alpha
Yeah, I thought you'd got the hosting cash even faster this year when I saw that, haha!

SFC Hosting Renewal: we're searching the realm for US$360!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30 2011 4:02pm
by Stordarth
Topic name might be a bit on the long side. The addition of the Re: at the start may have pushed it over. Curious.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30 2011 4:03pm
by Stordarth
Confirmed. Just edited the subject of my above post. Re: breaks the character limit for the subject.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30 2011 5:40pm
by Metal Bird
Hi

I've send 21,27 € or 30 US$

good luck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30 2011 6:40pm
by fanuminski
I'm in for $30 also - enjoyed this site greatly over the years
(even though I don't post much)
-M

only 10 more people @30 ea to go!
or.... 20 @ $15 ea...or 30@ $10 .... or 60@ $5 ...or 300 @ $1.00 ea

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31 2011 2:31am
by MXC
You know, by my (conservative) calculations (since 2007), there is a donation overflow of $360 anyway. On top of that, a user named Merlin claims he donated $300 in 2007. Being super conservative on these donations still puts it at a cost of 0 for this year. If I include the donations that seemed iffy or may not have come through, it puts the overflow at around $700+.

Even with exchange rates not in favor, this year should easily be taken care of.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31 2011 9:32am
by Moogie
Any excesses paid to SmooveNET were unfortunately lost when they shut down ("payments are non-refundable..." yadda yadda). I've now learned not to pre-pay for more than a year ahead of time :( There's very seldom anything of note left after a beg as I make sure to put up a notice when the target has been reached, and please bear in mind that PayPal takes their cut too. If there's $10-15 left afterwards I'll admit I don't feel a vast amount of guilt about hanging on to that given the amount of time I've put into the site over the years. If that's going too far then tell me and I'll simply refund the difference.

Total raised as of this morning is US$85 (less PayPal fees, so more like US$80)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31 2011 3:42pm
by Z Master
Okay, but how is that fair? people who donate don't do so because 'you're doin' such a great job that you should get free money', they're explicitly donating towards hosting costs.. so even if you make a bit of overage one year, say 20 dollars, wouldn't it make sense to ask for 340 instead of 360 this year, since that's what people donated for? I mean I understand if you need the extra 20 dollars for something over the course of the year, fine, but shouldn't you pay that 20 dollars that donees paid you out of your pocket then when the next payment time comes around?

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but honestly if you want to ask for donations just because you need money on the side, and because you want monetary compensation for your work on the site over the years, that's cool, but do it separately from the donations you ask for for hosting fees.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31 2011 4:01pm
by Moogie
Most years I've had a donation or two that has said if they've put the fund over what's needed that I should get myself a pint/pizza or things to that effect, so I didn't think it was a big deal if I did that with a few extra dollars. I start to feel now as though I've done some horrible wrong by taking people up on that in which case I apologise. I would say that over the years I've spent a small fortune on aquiring & posting out competition prizes and that came out of my own pocket.

Anyway, in a bid to keep everyone happy I have contacted PayPal to find out if there's any way to set money aside in a PayPal account so that it can be held by for whatever purpose, ie held until the following year's hosting is due - just in case there is any excess this year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31 2011 4:07pm
by Kev
You haven't done anything wrong, Moogie. Z is being outrageous.

Would you actually feel better if Moogie asked us to pay her directly every year for running the site? I'd feel worse than just knowing she took the little bit that's left over afterwards after hosting costs.

This is why we can't have nice things.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31 2011 4:08pm
by Z Master
^ I'd like to remind you I'm not the only one to bring this concern to the table, and it's a legitimate concern for any person interested in donating to a charitable operation.

How is a competition prize a prize if the person who wins it paid for it in donations?

Like I said it'd be great if you put up a separate donation fund just for those types of things, but I think if people are donating for hosting, their donations should pay for hosting; I'm sure there's an easy way to do it, registered non-profits legally have to do it every year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31 2011 4:19pm
by Moogie
I wasn't saying that people should have to pay for their prizes or the postage, I was only trying to point out that I've covered various costs for the sites over the years. But when you think about it you could ask how is a lottery win a prize when you've had to pay for a ticket?! ;)

I don't want to argue about this. I'm trying to find some way to keep any excess money aside in PayPal.

Thanks for the support Kev - and I'm trying to give you nice all things, the forum shop system etc is still under development afterall :)

I'd never ask to be paid for running this site, half-dead though the series may be I still do this out of love & dedication to the series. Besides, if I did ask to be paid, there'd never be enough to cover the hours I've spent ;) It's when I take a day or two off work to get on with SFC that I wish I was in a job that included paid leave! Actually, if that were the case the new SFC would probably have been online an awful lot sooner :)

Okay, to make up for the little extra which was left over from last year (which as I recall I used to buy a big set of web icon graphics, some of which were for use on the site) I'll chuck in £20/$30 of my own money (don't tell Rich! We're supposed to not be spending anything this month - and technically neither of us has 'our own' money now) this year. So we're now at US$115, less PayPal fees (so more like US$110.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31 2011 10:13pm
by Danteres
I would love to donate whatever I can, but Paypal never worked for me lol :( Best of luck to you, Moogie! :) Reading your walkthrough of SF 2 a long time ago opened me up to the rest of the Shining series, and this wonderful site :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01 2011 2:15pm
by gritzcolin
I will see what my next paycheck looks like I should be able to spare a few bucks for ya Moog.

Also last year I donated a small amount and Moogie informed me the costs had already been covered so I told her to buy a litre of petrol or something to that effect. So it's not as if she took my money and ran, even if she did I ain't no injin giver! This site gives me far more than $10 a year of entertainment.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02 2011 6:06am
by fanuminski
So how much are you donating this year Zmaster and MXC ?

You both come across as (cheap) sob's to me - sorry!

"Annual beg" ... and you guys make it even more so.
Shame on you.

IMO, there should be a permanent paypal donation button
on the site somewhere - with a gentle "reminder" email sent to anyone
who reaches 1000 posts - lol

M

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02 2011 6:09am
by Omega Entity
Convenient suggestion, for someone who only has 22 posts.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02 2011 8:17am
by Moogie
There is a PayPal donate button on the 'support SFC' page at the site, but it doesn't seem to get used, and as there doesn't seem to be a way of setting money aside in PayPal to use at a later date it's probably just as well! No response from PayPal yet despite their promises of a reply within 24 hours :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02 2011 12:31pm
by KoLAddict
Talk about convenient. I get 3 paychecks this month, so I'll definitely be contributing some funds. I'll have to wait til my second or third check to do so, but I've always enjoyed this community. Not sure how long the site's been up, but I'm pretty sure I was here a long time ago when it was under a completely different format with a coin system, with a username I don't even remember.

SFC Hosting Renewal: we're searching the realm for US$36

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02 2011 2:20pm
by fanuminski
Omega Entity wrote:Convenient suggestion, for someone who only has 22 posts.

My Point was that someone who has spent their time and part of their "life"
to post over 1000 times to a site must enjoy doing so - and can
show their appreciation by donating what they can.

IMHO, we, and specifically they, should be grateful to Moogie
for all she has done to maintain this site over the many years- and not begrudge
her (again, imo) any trivial extra amount that may be leftover.

(For the record, I have followed this site for many more years than what
my current avatar "join date" shows. And, have sent donations for the yearly
"beg" many times. Somewhere along the line my original username was
lost -and I had to re-register.)

However, I still wouldn't be close to 1000 posts -lol

It's simple - if you enjoy this place, please donate a little if you can
but please stfu over any extra "chickenfeed" - especially if you are a frequent guest.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02 2011 2:46pm
by Omega Entity
Don't confuse me with them. I'm not commenting on that either way, as I wasn't here and didn't know. But a lot of people just don't have the money, myself included. Every $5 counts for me right now, or trust me, I would be sending money.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02 2011 3:10pm
by MXC
Listen buddy, there are many more important things going on in my life that does not involve SFC. If not sending in money meant that I would have to leave the site, I would certainly have no qualms in doing so.

The issue comes in the fact that there was enough money to take care of this place for at least this year, if not another year already. I also hope you are aware that this is a donation and not payment. I never asked anyone to host this site (or pay $360 to do so). I use these message boards and that is it. There are multiple other ways for me to communicate with people around the world. I haven't used the sites in years because it's a void of half-finished information that has been begging to be completed. And that is where my "donation" comes in. I can easily enhance the Shining Force II site (which may seem full, but it needs help), and the Shining Force I site is barely even there (and has had piles of information waiting to be inserted by another member).

You want something that makes this site worth coming to? It won't come in the form of money from me; it will be in raw (much needed) information. If you don't like updated sites, more power to you. But until you can understand the full dynamics of everything here, I don't really give a damn about how you think things should be run.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02 2011 3:25pm
by Moogie
As I get older the years go by quicker and it means that projects I've intended to give time to have not gotten done as quickly as I would have liked. Now the beast which is SFC is in some way ready for others to do updates (just a bit of tidying up on the CMS, and voila!) I can move on to the other sites which I know need work. I fully intend to keep my promise to Trent and I'm truly sorry that I haven't been able to fulfil it sooner.

But please folks, don't argue. I know money's tight for everyone - if I wasn't in the same position I wouldn't ask for help. In my life too, every $5 counts. It's not easy with a mortgage and bills constantly on the rise when the house needs work (almost there, thank goodness) and having just paid out for a wedding, and I know plenty of peeps are eeking things out too for whatever reasons. I'm not demanding money from anyone, nor asking for everyone to give, I know we always manage to scrape together enough, and I do wish that I hadn't lost out when Smoove closed down or perhaps we would have had an extra year covered. We are where we are.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02 2011 3:53pm
by fanuminski
Good luck to you Moogie on meeting your annual hosting dues.
I hope the site can be around for years to come.
(At least till Renatobs comes through with his "demo" for
you on SF2 -lol)

And to my "buddy" out there - 15,195 posts (soon to be 15,196) - wow!
that is a lot of posting ( and time spent). Geez, at just 1 minute per post,
that's over 253 hours of time here spent just posting. Wonder how much time
spent here just perusing? I understand these dynamics! lol

-M

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03 2011 2:35am
by legalize freedom
Z and MXC,

If you're such a tight ass that you mind if Moogie keeps the change then don't donate. Your donations won't cover your insults.

Moogie deserves 100 times what she keeps.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03 2011 5:01am
by MXC
Like I said, fine by me. But if you want money for yourself, ask for it. If you want it for hosting, keep it for hosting.

The smoove issue is fine and understandable, I get it; but the point stands that it is morally unacceptable to take money from donations for personal use (this isn't an accusation).

And you say change like it was a few dollars. It was a few hundred. You have a misguided sense, I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03 2011 4:11pm
by Kev
It's your opinion that it is morally unacceptable (and Z's of course, but you know, it's Z). I think there are a lot of people who would disagree with you. Right now, i'd say you're the one with the misguided sense.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03 2011 4:16pm
by MXC
Tell me something. You donate $300 to the Red Cross to support victims of a Hurricane. Turns how that the local Red Cross rep pocketed the money and bought an Xbox. Do you think that's alright?

Sure, this isn't Red Cross and we aren't helping Hurricane victims. But donations were still not going where they needed to go. It's a shame, but nothing can be done.

But if you all think that the thought of donations going places they don't belong is morally acceptable, then more power to you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03 2011 5:30pm
by Kev
As you pointed out, this isn't the Red Cross, and that comparison isn't even remotely close to the situation here.

In this situation, the money has been used to pay for hosting. Anything leftover has ended up with the person who has spent hours of her own time to create a place that a lot of people enjoy to visit, and it doesn't have to cost them a penny. In fairness, 'Hosting Costs' are more than just money. They are time and effort.

To be honest, i'm pretty sure it has been stated before this year that when there's been money left over, that Moogie has gotton herself a little something... And I can't for the life of me understand any sort of logic that says that that isn't fair.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03 2011 5:33pm
by Flaming Manakin
Donated a small something ($20). I'm sure you will hit the target easily enough.

I don't wish to wade into the broader debate, but I think that when you donate or give money to a charity or good cause, there is an implicit element of trust that the money will be used wisely. I'm sure the total net cost of the site to Moogie is significantly more than the $360 hosting (even if you only aggregate actual expenditure and don't take into account time) and so if there is some modest excess, then I think that's fine. I'm sure it will be well used.

The Red Cross analogy holds to a point: if I donated money to help feed starving people, and then discovered the money had been spent on an XBox, then certainly that would be unnacceptable because an XBox is a poor way of rectifying humanitarian problems. However, if I found that the money had instead been spent on medicine because the food shortage had been rectified, it would be harsh indeed to complain of moral shortcoming, even though my money had technically not been spent on exactly what I donated for.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04 2011 12:11am
by Rusty
OK, this doesn't need to be a debate. Moogie's already explained where the money went. So move along. And stop it with the insults, guys. Yeesh(a).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06 2011 6:42pm
by Evil Gately
Sold a few bits on eBay recently to help towards my honeymoon later this year, but the soon-to-be Mrs. Gately & myself thought it would be quite appropriate to donate a small amount towards the SFC fund as there were a couple of Shining items in there!

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 2011 10:03am
by Moogie
Very much obliged indeed Mr Gately, especially as those funds should have been going towards a lovely honeymoon for you and the almost-Mrs! The big day is really soon now isn't it? Hope all the preps are coming together well and that you both have the most amazingly memorable day :love:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 2011 4:27pm
by AlEcyler
... didn't we go over this before?

The offer still applies.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 2011 6:18pm
by Moogie
I'd forgotten about the offer, things have been so busy here. Have messaged you and hope you'll understand - I mean no disrespect or to be ungrateful. It just doesn't feel right somehow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 2011 9:59pm
by Wargasm
I'm trying to give you some money, but Paypal is making it very difficult. Well, impossible actually at the moment. Is there another link or something I could use?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08 2011 12:12am
by Mandrew
I just threw in some money. Good luck with the fund raising and if there is some left over feel free to use mine for yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08 2011 7:48am
by Moogie
There have been a few more donations and we're now at US$340, just $20 off the target :D Thanks guys!

Warg: If you'd like to donate, you can just send money via PayPal to moogie@shiningforcecentral.com along with a note :)

Will shout as soon as we hit the target and update the main SFC news to reflect that - as I've not heard anything back from PayPal about holding money aside in the account >.<;; 24 hour response my arse, it's been over a week now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08 2011 8:18am
by Alpha
Send another one? I suspect after over a week they won't reply to that one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08 2011 3:33pm
by Kaerou
I'll send the last $20 your way.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08 2011 3:50pm
by Moogie
Much obliged Kaerou! I'll go and update the news article accordingly, so folks know not to send any more!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed towards this year's hosting :) The target has now been reached & I can go to pay the invoice!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14 2011 2:14am
by ffian1
Sorry I'm late to the party. :damnit:

I'll hit you up with some Moogie when I get paid to go towards next years. Can't be missing out on the action now, can I?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14 2011 9:10am
by Moogie
Thanks for the kind offer Ian, but at the moment it's actually easier for me just to gather money for each year at a time, as there's no way of holding money aside in PayPal (I do think that would be a nice feature, like a 'piggybank' - but PayPal don't seem to agree!).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14 2011 5:42pm
by thepeaguy
I know the donations are done and all, but...

Moogie has a life, marriage and bills to pay. This site comes 2nd in her life naturally, and she's basically doing most of the free work here (when she's not busy working or whatever). If there was a rich member here who would willingly sponsor this site with the hosting per annum, she wouldn't need to ask for donations from members.

I think what she's asking for is reasonable, and if people here think she's taking the piss, you don't have to donate. Simple.

I didn't donate this year because I'm busy with my own life stuff anyway. I haven't paid much attention to this community until I PM'd Century about my Langrisser IV playthrough on youtube just recently. :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26 2011 12:04am
by Salibu
I didnt donate yet as I amazingly ignored the timeframe...I am currently about to list a bunch of ebay stuff. As soon as it sells, I am going to send 20 us dollars your way...use the money to buy 4 five dollar footlongs for all I effing care. Do what you want with it...trade it into the bank for a bunch of pennies and throw them at your man and have a penny fest for all I care. You deserve it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26 2011 11:41am
by Moogie
Bless ya mate, will put it to good use (the penny thing actually sounds quite fun ... but I've no idea what a footlong is, sounds dirty ;)) - thankies :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27 2011 7:55am
by Doomblade66
lol.....Moogie. A footlong is what Subway calls their big sandwiches.

The phrase they use in some of their commercials is..."Five dollars ! Five Dollars ! Five Dollar Foot-longs !"

I wonder what Brits call such sandwiches...?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27 2011 9:11am
by Moogie
Dunno, down round here we'd just say we're getting a subway/picnics/fresh bites/whatever the name of the sandwich place is. I'm not even sure subway do such big sarnies here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27 2011 11:23am
by Stordarth
They do.

I haven't had subway for quite some time, but I usually just asked for a large. *shrug*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27 2011 5:28pm
by Salibu
Doomblade66 wrote:lol.....Moogie. A footlong is what Subway calls their big sandwiches.

The phrase they use in some of their commercials is..."Five dollars ! Five Dollars ! Five Dollar Foot-longs !"

I wonder what Brits call such sandwiches...?

lol...I actually sang the subway song in my head while reading that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05 2011 9:05am
by Doomblade66
I'm just so happy Moogie likes Shining Force so much.

What's the history of her involvement in the site creation, I wonder ? Like...did she come up with the concept...and how did it evolve into the amazing place it is today ? There must be...what...1000 members at least, scattered across all the sub-forums ? (or at least there have been over the years).

It's a pretty impressive testament to how great the series is, and how loyal and passionate a fan-base it has.

---

Plus...Moogie just sounds cool. I would love it if some future Shining game actually had a special character named "Moogie", in honor of her.

"Moogie attacks ! Goblin takes 35 damage. Goblin is exhausted !" - :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05 2011 3:29pm
by Stordarth
Hmmm. I smell another hack opportunity.

Maybe.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06 2011 1:57pm
by Moogie
Doomblade66 wrote:I'm just so happy Moogie likes Shining Force so much.

What's the history of her involvement in the site creation, I wonder ? Like...did she come up with the concept...and how did it evolve into the amazing place it is today ? There must be...what...1000 members at least, scattered across all the sub-forums ? (or at least there have been over the years).

It's a pretty impressive testament to how great the series is, and how loyal and passionate a fan-base it has.

---

Plus...Moogie just sounds cool. I would love it if some future Shining game actually had a special character named "Moogie", in honor of her.

"Moogie attacks ! Goblin takes 35 damage. Goblin is exhausted !" - :thumbsup:

The site started out as just a SF2 guide back in the mid 90's - there weren't many on the web back then and SirFil (who ran one of the first SF2 sites) suggested I make a site too.
The SF2 site expanded and eventually included a message forum (wwwboard). I also started an SF and SitD site, with the SF site also having a message board. That was the beginnings of the forum community. As more people started more SF sites I thought it would be useful if there was a directory to organise and rank the sites. SFC was born as "The UnOfficial Shining Resources List", which wasn't used much and eventually went offline during its transition into Shining Force Central - intended to bring fans together into a community - inluding yet another simple message forum. Eventually it made sense to combine the communities and I installed IkonBoard and set up various subforums linked up to the main site.
The site itself has grown over the years and had various facelifts - as have the forums (wwwboard -> IkonBoard -> phpBB -> Invision Power Board -> phpBB again!).

Some pics of past SFC designs can be seen here:
http://www.shiningforcecentral.com/?p=i ... troduction

While I'd love my name to turn up in an SF game, the current series producer Mr Sawada seems to have a real chip on his shoulder when it comes to me and SFC so I don't see it ever happening. It's pleasing enough to see my name in the Final Conflict translation patch and knowing that I had some input into the translation when Atlus localised Shining Soul II :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08 2011 9:34am
by amitrius17
Your hosting costs $360 a year?! Jesus! Don't you think that's a bit steep? I know some quality web hosts that are half the price. And that's mid range, because I'm not referring to the Walmart-ish cheap and slow hosts like GoDaddy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08 2011 3:51pm
by Moogie
I've been considering downgrading the package a bit, but believe me I've done a helluva lot of research into hosts and enquired with dozens of them about specific areas of concern. A lot of them take issue with some of the site content and its potential questionable legality (large fansites seem to be a stumbling block for many hosts). Plus it's a reseller account which costs a bit more but means SFC can subhost other people's Shining sites (which of course I don't charge for) without breaking the terms and conditions of the host. Not only that but it's so bloody much hassle every time I have to move the site, I can't be dealing with it again and again. I've chosen my host, I trust them and if it ain't broke I'm not going to fix it. Sometimes it is worth paying a little bit more for something which is tried, tested and proven itself :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15 2011 11:18pm
by Evil Gately
I take it the poll you put up earlier this year about paying for the RPG/Shop system was a fundraising idea? I'm sure there's not many members here who are interested in it that wouldn't pay a token amount to play for a year, especially if they realised what the money was actually going towards! Aroud the £5/$7~ish mark seems reasonable, IMO. That would most certainly cut the hosting bill!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27 2012 1:13pm
by Barnard
Though I strongly support Shining Force, I have failed to send in any donations so far. I know that the costs are covered for this year, but if my finances weren't in the crapper, I'd be happy to help.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16 2012 6:54am
by junkwes
I glanced through some of the replies and I just want to say that, in my opinion, Z Master is a complete fool. I hope Moogie is able to collect significantly more than your hosting fees for this awesome service/resource. If I were running such a wonderful site as this, I would try and take myself out to dinner to congratulate myself every chance I got. It is very common for sites to ask for donations year round (and those donations sometimes pay salaries as well). Moogie is being beyond unselfish about this.