Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums SFC News
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining in the Darkness Script added

SFC News

The latest news from SFC is posted here, where you can discuss it.

Moderator: SFC News

Shining in the Darkness Script added

Postby Moogie » Mon Sep 20 2010 3:12pm

News from: http://www.shiningforcecentral.com

SFC News: Shining in the Darkness Script added

Many thanks to SFCer Martin III, who typed up the SitD script a couple of years ago and posted it on the SitD Forum.

I know I've been slack the last few years, but am finally starting to catch up here a little bit at a time. Over my lunch break today I've prepped the script for addition to the site and have imported it - shazam!

So, the script is now available in the scripts section here at SFC, complete with pictures for most of the characters.

I could do with in-game pictures for the following characters as I don't seem to have many SitD screenshots to hand (only played it on the console, not emulated!) - if anyone can provide them that would be great!

Princess Jessa, Jessa Doppler,Xern, Spirit of the Fountain and Mortred.

I could also do with a better picture of Pyra, the one I'm using has her name over it.

Thanks again to Martin, and sorry it's taken me so long to add it. Nice work mate :)
Moogie

Goddess of all things Shining
Administrator

Re: Shining in the Darkness Script added

Postby Kaihaku » Mon Sep 20 2010 3:15pm

Thanks Martin III, nicely done! :)
The Once and Future Kai
"The quick brown vox jumps ofer the lazy dog"
The Once and Future Kai
"The quick brown vox jumps ofer the lazy dog"
Kaihaku

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Mon Sep 20 2010 3:30pm

Very awesome. :)
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Mon Sep 20 2010 5:39pm

Yay! *gives Martin a Brave Cookie*
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Thoth92 » Mon Sep 20 2010 5:56pm

Great stuff, thanks Martin III :)
"One fine morning, I awoke to discover that, during the night, I had learned to understand the language of birds. I have listened to them ever since. They say: 'Look at me!' or: 'Get out of here!' or: 'Let's f**k!' or: 'Help!' or: 'Hurrah!' or: 'I found a worm!' and that's all they say. And that, when you boil it down, is about all we say. (Which of those things am I saying now?)"

http://jrobsonphotography.com/
"One fine morning, I awoke to discover that, during the night, I had learned to understand the language of birds. I have listened to them ever since. They say: 'Look at me!' or: 'Get out of here!' or: 'Let's f**k!' or: 'Help!' or: 'Hurrah!' or: 'I found a worm!' and that's all they say. And that, when you boil it down, is about all we say. (Which of those things am I saying now?)"

http://jrobsonphotography.com/
Thoth92

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Cullsoft » Mon Sep 20 2010 10:39pm

Moogie @ Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:12 pm) wrote:I could do with in-game pictures for the following characters as I don't seem to have many SitD screenshots to hand (only played it on the console, not emulated!) - if anyone can provide them that would be great!

Princess Jessa, Jessa Doppler,Xern, Spirit of the Fountain and Mortred.

I could also do with a better picture of Pyra, the one I'm using has her name over it.

Ask and ye shall receive. :) Not been able to do all of them, given what save states I have available, but most of them are covered. Did them all in 62x78px avatar sizes (as it looks like the pixel avies I made* have been used with the script), although I also made 62x100px versions of a couple to have the characters in full.

Princess Jessa:

Spirit of the Fountain:

Xern (78px & 100px):

Pyra (78px & 100px) - bit of an oddity happened here, as I wound up using a different save state to Gens, meaning the background's vanished... but I think it adds a neat touch:

Alternatively, you could use one of these pics for Pyra or Mrs Myst (I personally like Mrs Myst's glowering)... ;)

This still leaves Jessa-Doppler and Mortred, though... may have save states for these, but probably for different emulators (so may be black backgrounds again).

Also might be worth getting a pic of Gila from his introduction outside of Old Vic's, rather than the one of him in the Trials...

(* Shameless plug ;) )
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Cullsoft

Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Tue Sep 21 2010 10:18pm

Sweet! So nice to finally see the script officially added to the site. :thumbsup: Thanks Moogie!

By amazing coincidence, just yesterday evening I finished gathering and typing up all the Shining Force CD headquarters quotes. I don't suppose that if I sent those to you, you'd have time to add them to the SF CD script as well?

Oh, and I have a save state for Mortred, so I went ahead and got a screen shot for him. Give me a minute or two to see if I can remember how to use Photobucket or whatever...
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Moogie » Tue Sep 21 2010 10:51pm

Nice one mate, will try to get those added whenever you send them through :)
That said, we're away for a short break as of Thursday and won't be back until Sunday night - so it may be next week before I action anything (gotta pack tomorrow).
The SFC Forum RPG is now live! Enjoy :)
rpg.php
rpg.php
Moogie

Administrator

Postby Cullsoft » Tue Sep 21 2010 11:24pm

Neato. :)

Forgot to mention that I also tried to get a better pic of Edward, seeing as it's currently with his back turned... but getting him to look at you means his name's in the way, and because he's twisting towards you his body sprite (covered by his name) is different. Perhaps if someone could hack into the ROM and give him a "blank name"...
Cullsoft

Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Wed Sep 22 2010 1:59am

Here's the Mortred pic, 62x78 as Culley suggested:

If you prefer, I also have shots of him with mask on, mask destroyed but still fighting, etc. But I personally think this one works best.

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Cullsoft » Wed Sep 22 2010 7:07am

QUOTE (Martin III @ Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:59 am)If you prefer, I also have shots of him with mask on, mask destroyed but still fighting, etc. But I personally think this one works best.
WARNING: SPOILER!
Cullsoft

Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Postby Moogie » Wed Sep 22 2010 10:43am

That's fab Martin, ta :) Have added it in (and put on the black border, no problem).

I could put in a Dark Knight avie for his 'Voice' line, but I'd have to rename voice to Dark Knight, or the same graphic would be used for the voices throughout the game.
rpg.php
rpg.php
Moogie

Administrator

Return to SFC News