Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Neo
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Whats ur fav or best wep

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Discuss Sega's Shining 'Force' RPG for the S*ny Playstation 2.

Whats ur fav or best wep

Postby Apeiron » Mon May 29 2006 1:13am

Yo i would like to here everyones favorite weapons, why, and where you got them. Have fun, lets see i'd say since i had to start all over again and am only at cascade castle, i'de have to go with the sweet boom of enticille wand. Also anyone know what blaze lvl 3 is?
In the place of the calamitous, only life was known.
After the circling stars
When the eastern dark void, the air full of despair
In the depths of the divided forest, in the land of Karma,
Whå† ¥øü †åÏkïñ bøü†
In the place of the calamitous, only life was known.
After the circling stars
When the eastern dark void, the air full of despair
In the depths of the divided forest, in the land of Karma,
Whå† ¥øü †åÏkïñ bøü†
Apeiron

King of Light
Shining Member

Whats ur fav or best wep

Postby Helba » Mon Jul 10 2006 4:33pm

My favorite is probably Valkyrie right now. Lovely bow.
Helba

Re: Whats ur fav or best wep

Postby pLuShIe » Thu Aug 24 2006 3:54pm

I like my Defender :3 The defense bonus it grants beats any other 1h-sword I've used thusfar, in my opinion... though the Ogre Cleaver is close second due to its high attack.

Used to like my Death Scythe or HP Absorb Houtengeki... but after throwing relatively few points into Protect, and then equipping a 1h/shield.. I like the damage mitigation.
But does it glow? o.Oa
But does it glow? o.Oa
pLuShIe

Postby Fox » Fri Aug 25 2006 3:03am

Edit- Oops misread the topic.
Fox

Postby Chaos Wizard » Sat Aug 26 2006 5:22pm

My Houtengeki is all I need unless it's something mean and nasty that can kill me instantaniously. Then it's my Ancient or Slyvian Bow. I generally always have the extra energy secret art equiped.
Chaos Wizard

Contemno Repletus
Shining Legend

Postby pLuShIe » Sat Aug 26 2006 7:17pm

Mrr... I've just recently picked up the Force Buster... and I must say I love it to death. Generally the only things I don't do 20k+ damage on are orcs or dragons, orcs don't cause enough problems for me to switch and dragons are easily dispatched with my Georgius' Bow (+7, +30% crit, +30% attack).

Highest non-crit damage with Force Buster: 388k-ish
Highest Crit damage: 351k-ish

Having the secret art on it that increases damage done per hit is really nice... and with a gale ring (+40% HP, +30% attack) is really useful. Completely beats the consistent damage I do with a +9 punisher with +30% attack.

After playing this game for the past 3 days non-stop... I'm noticing how very useful it can be having the right weaponry out.

And yes I know this is a MUCH different gameplay from my tank-Max self... just love being able to dish out THAT much damage. <3

unless it's something mean and nasty that can kill me instantaniously

Generally for me it's something with a VERY high magic attack. Protect-10, max resistances, and the resistance secret arts, I'm pretty set. Although I am wondering how post-DarkCastle is going to be with my current setup o.O

why, and where you got them

Force Buster is obtained in the Legion Hive, Legion. (Cursed Temple if I remember correctly). WHY: Most monsters have been enhanced with some power of the Force, enabling that bonus damage trigger :3 Golems especially are a joke with this toy. 2-3 swings for regular golems and 4ish for tougher ones (13 exactly for the hell golem in the Legion Hive, Golem). The overall stats of the weapon (Crit, Range, Attack Speed, Power, etc.) are nothing to laugh at either.

The only other weapon(s) I use is the Valkyrie (Devils are annoying! >.<) and the Force Sabre (Love to goof off with Gaia Nova 3).
But does it glow? o.Oa
But does it glow? o.Oa
pLuShIe

Postby Chaos Wizard » Sun Aug 27 2006 12:20pm

The insta-kill thing actually rarely happened at all unless I wandered somewhere I probably shouldn't have gone yet with Giants or Golems, or Devils even. :lol:
It was pretty much only in the Toam of the King after beating Vandolf I ever had that happen to be more then once in a blue moon, and on the higher levels. Some of those massive guy's I've got to take from afar. It's over too quickly to heal with some of those dudes. The game is intense which is why I love it. :)
Chaos Wizard

Contemno Repletus
Shining Legend

Postby pcd » Sun Sep 10 2006 9:33pm

meteor bow is the best bow IMO, and with two-handed weapons its the punisher...but you might need devil spark on it cause its slow as crap!
pcd

Postby percy_hutchins4 » Wed Mar 25 2009 2:33pm

Im not to far in to the game yet Im at the birdling cave but I have found that I use the Orge cleaver with the evil shield alot. if Im not using the orge cleaver Im using either the frost bow or the sidewinder.

Postby ehow22 » Sat Apr 11 2009 5:23am

pcd @ Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:33 pm) wrote: meteor bow is the best bow IMO !

Agreed.

With the Meteor bow and the "turn enemies into energy" thing, you become nearly unstoppable.
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby shining cupido » Mon Dec 28 2009 3:20am

I really like using the Apocalypse sword it probably has the longest combo rate in the game i think 18x hits. Plus the sword looks bad ass!

Return to Shining Force Neo