Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Neo
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Questions

Discuss Sega's Shining 'Force' RPG for the S*ny Playstation 2.

Questions

Postby percy_hutchins4 » Mon Feb 23 2009 3:39am

First just wondering if anyone can tell me how long of a game this game seems to take to complet. It seems like I'm not getting anywhere fast. I've been kicking ass at the mansion right after Cantor for ever. I'm like 16 hours in to it. Maybe I just suck. when in the game do the warp gates start to work. This going back to greensleeves an then having to travel the whole map back for a hour or change starts to suck. other than that I'm liking the game. Its a nice change from the regular shining format that I was use too.

Re: Questions

Postby ehow22 » Mon Feb 23 2009 3:51am

You do know that if you use the stone to go back to Greensleeves, you can use that green orb to return to where you warped from, right?

I think the Wap Gates start working right after Chiquitita joins you after Cascade Castle, IIRC.

Also, it's easy to take alot of tim in that part of the game so don't feel bad.
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby percy_hutchins4 » Tue Feb 24 2009 12:41am

What do you mean use the stone. I have been using the return spell. Dont tell me there was a easyier way than using the egress spell. everytime I go all the way threw everything to get back to that dame haunted castel. but I guess I have been building alot of experiance and what not so I guess that would be one way to look at it.

I dont know why everyone seems to hate this game. Im loving it. Im a big fan and what not but this is a good change for a game or so. cant wait till the new one comes out. would like the old turn base to come back. I was playing the game Gladius for a little while. Kinda made me think of dusting off the old saturn or genisis but I found a copy of neo for 10 at the pawn shop so I bought it. needless to say I havnt been playing Gladius since i bought it.

Postby ehow22 » Tue Feb 24 2009 2:37am

percy_hutchins4 @ Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:41 pm) wrote: What do you mean use the stone. I have been using the return spell. Dont tell me there was a easyier way than using the egress spell. everytime I go all the way threw everything to get back to that dame haunted castel. but I guess I have been building alot of experiance and what not so I guess that would be one way to look at it.

Ain't it called something ilke "mystical stone of return" or something? That's what I meant, though. When you use Return, there's a green orb(or something like that) in the middle of Greensleeves which will take you back to the spot where you used the spell. Rebecca tells you how to do this when you first get the abilty to use Return, IIRC. That orb I mentioned should be near the save point in the town.

But yeah, if you're going all the way back, it's going to take you some time.
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby percy_hutchins4 » Tue Feb 24 2009 5:12am

dude you have no idea how stupid I feel. I totally skiped the opening stuff cause it was so long and drawn out an the voice actors are so horriable. Now that I know that shit is so easy. just return fill up the 16 hp bottles at the fountain an return. I was doing it like, I would go an almost get killed an then I would return. then start the whole journey right from the begin again like I just left greensleeves. it would take me a hour just to get back to cantor from green sleeves. I wasted so much time. Man Im glad I can to this place.

Postby ehow22 » Wed Feb 25 2009 3:34am

That's why you should pay attention at the beginning, you might just learn something useful. :)
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby ExevaloN » Wed Dec 09 2009 10:47pm

percy_hutchins4 @ Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:12 am) wrote: dude you have no idea how stupid I feel. I totally skiped the opening stuff cause it was so long and drawn out an the voice actors are so horriable. Now that I know that shit is so easy. just return fill up the 16 hp bottles at the fountain an return. I was doing it like, I would go an almost get killed an then I would return. then start the whole journey right from the begin again like I just left greensleeves. it would take me a hour just to get back to cantor from green sleeves. I wasted so much time. Man Im glad I can to this place.

Talk about patience.
"The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men."
"The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men."
ExevaloN

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Legend of Josh » Sun Nov 04 2012 7:42pm

percy_hutchins4 wrote:dude you have no idea how stupid I feel. I totally skiped the opening stuff cause it was so long and drawn out an the voice actors are so horriable. Now that I know that shit is so easy. just return fill up the 16 hp bottles at the fountain an return. I was doing it like, I would go an almost get killed an then I would return. then start the whole journey right from the begin again like I just left greensleeves. it would take me a hour just to get back to cantor from green sleeves. I wasted so much time. Man Im glad I can to this place.

I'm sorry; I had to LOL.

^.^

Return to Shining Force Neo