Shining Tears: New cutscene discovered! (spoilers)

Occurs late in the game

Discuss Sega's first Shining action RPG for the S*ny Playstation 2.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Lancet

New cutscene discovered! (spoilers)

Post by Lancet »

I think I discovered a new cutscene that I haven't seen info on anywhere online. It occurs after a late-game story mission, "The Battle for Corleonis." It requires 10 relationship points with Cupido, who you've only had for two story missions at this point, so it'll need some grinding to ensure you unlock it.

It goes into backstory of the game with Zenovia, Cupido, Pios, and Xion. Below is a transcript of the cutscene (made by me):

Zenovia: Your harp sounds as magnificent as it always has...

Cupido (smiling): Hey, now. I would hope that the harp isn't the only thing that's magnificent.

Zenovia: Heehee. You're the same as ever, Cupido.

Cupido: Whereas you, Zenovia... Somehow, you seem just a bit older...

Zenovia: I have a 17-year-old child now. I should hope that I've gotten older.

Cupido: It's really been 17 years...

Zenovia: Yes... I had thought that our fight had ended back then...

Cupido: And now we've somehow ended up on different sides of that fight.

Zenovia: I've failed as a mother... For getting Xion caught up in this fight...

Cupido: Xion fights bravely. I would expect nothing less of the son of Maxima and Zenovia.

**(Xion is listening from the stairs, and Pios comes up behind him)**

Xion (worried): ... ... ...

Pios (smiling): You shouldn't eavesdrop, Xion.

Xion: Pios...

**(Xion and Pios enter the room)**

Zenovia: Oh, Xion. Is something the matter?

Xion: Oh, I just came to see how you were doing...

Pios: How are you feeling, Zenovia?

Zenovia: I fee much better. Thanks to you, Asclei.

Cupido: By the way, Asclei. You've been with Xion all this time, and yet you didn't realize who he was?

Pios (frowning): Yes, well...

Zenovia: Heehee... I guess not even you know everything.

Pios: I knew that he could not be any ordinary person if he had the potential to draw out the power of the Twin Dragon Rings...

Pios (smiling): But I never would have believed that he could have really been Maxima's son...

Cupido: Still, isn't that ironic... Calling upon the power of the Controller of Chaos to battle the forces of darkness.

Pios: Zenovia, did you give Xion these rings, predicting what would come to pass?

Zenovia: No, I placed the ring on Xion's finger in order to train him, but I never thought that anything like this would ever happen.

Pios (frowning): I see. It may prove to be dangerous to continue to use the Twin Dragon Rings from here on.

Cupido: Why's that?

Pios: This is merely conjecture, but... Perhaps this war was not the result of the forces of darkness, but rather something even more powerful, lurking in the background. The war may have been started to get Xion to use the rings and gain control of his body.

Cupido (surprised): Are you saying that you think that the will of the Controller of Chaos itself is at work?

Pios: Yes. It cannot be mere coincidence that Lady Ryuna has also gotten involved in this fight on our side.

Cupido (concerned): But then... Are you saying that we've just been dancing to tune of the Controller of Chaos?

Xion: Wh... what are you all talking about? Who's this Controller of Chaos? Please, tell me!

Zenovia: Xion, you don't need to know that, now.

Xion: Mother...

Zenovia: As Asclei says, this whole fight may be the Controller's doing. But I didn't raise my son to be a weakling who would let himself fall under control so easily.

Pios (surprised): But if he continues to use the rings, then, at some point, Xion might...

Zenovia: Seeing Xion fight from behind Visage's mask, I could tell that this boy has already begun his journey into manhood. I know he will be all right. He will not yield to his power.

Pios: But...

Cupido (smiling): You worry too much. If we protect him from everything, how is he supposed to grow up into his own legend? Isn't it our duty, as the grown ups here, to guide him the best we can?

Pios (frowning): I... suppose you are right.

Cupido (concerned): Xion, more and more hardships are in store for you, I'm afraid. That is your destiny, as the son of Maxima. Whether you will overcome those hardships will be determined by the strength of your heart. You possess a will that could change even the will of the gods themselves.

Xion: My... strength of heart?

Zenovia: Cupido! Stop confusiong poor Xion!

Cupido (surprised): Well, excuse me...

Pios (smiling): Well, shall we end this little interview, then? Right now, Zenovia needs her rest.

Cupido (happy): I had planned to play a song as a sort of lullaby, but our conversation has lingered too long. Until later, Zenovia.

Xion (smiling): Good night, Mother.

Zenovia: Good night, Xion.
Diego_Didakus
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: New cutscene discovered! (spoilers)

Post by Diego_Didakus »

Great! Thanks for the discobery and translation, if you still have the savepoint you could do a video sometime.
Check out my projects: https://quasarcorpsgame.com.br/

Speaking...tires me.
Fighting...tires me
I'm tired.
Lancet

Re: New cutscene discovered! (spoilers)

Post by Lancet »

I don't have the means to do a video, unfortunately, but I'd be glad to provide the save file to anyone who would be able to make a video.